Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala (33005 Views)

2016 Internally Generated Revenue By Geopolitical Region / Kachikwu Sign Joint Venture Deal Wit Shell,Chevron To Increase FG Revenue By $2B / Photo: No Government Can Fix Nigeria In 4years - Goodluck Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by swezenberg(m): 11:43am On Apr 16, 2015
She failed her Boss, Community, State and the Country. This woman is a monumental failure.
Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by Koroaso: 11:43am On Apr 16, 2015
*******YOU DESTROYED JONATHAN MADAM***********

*******WITH YOUR AUSTERE MEASURES***************

*******WHEN PETROL PRICES CAME DOWN EVERYWHERE BY 50% YOU REDUCE NIGERIA'S BY 10NAIRA SHAME ON YOU************

GMB/PYO

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by ceejayluv(m): 11:45am On Apr 16, 2015
mulante:
I suspect that the APC government is going to introduce inheritance taxation in Nigeria. It's a good move with onerous implications for the tax payer. One could lose up to 40% or 60% of his inheritance depending on how benevolent or malevolent the lawmakers decide to be.
Nigerians vehemently opposed subsidy removal and the lekki toll to mention a few. I wonder how they'll take the news of VAT and sundry tax increase.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by aieromon(m): 11:45am On Apr 16, 2015
NOI and DAM should try and submit their project work on or before the 20th of this month. External examiners will scrutinise it and I wonder why they aren't in town to supervise their work.

Soludo is having the last laugh after all. Its a good thing he didn't publish the final part of his letter.

“But most importantly re-focus our attention to the historic mismanagement of our economy which you carefully avoided.
“I will show that while you are introducing austerity measures and soon to immiserate the citizens, our public finance is haemorrhaging to the point that an estimated N30 trillion has gone missing or stolen or unaccounted for, or simply mismanaged--- under your watch! We can’t go on like this, and I am convinced that an alternative future is possible.

“Can we have a public debate on this alternative future? The issues at stake are too grave to be trivialised through name calling. As I write, the naira exchange rate to the dollar is at N215 (from N158 a few months ago) and unless oil prices recovers, this is just the beginning. For the sake of Nigeria, I won’t keep quiet anymore!

You are brilliant Madam, but you need serious help. Having spent all your life in the World Bank bureaucracy largely in administration/operations, no one will blame you if your economics has become a bit rusty. There are firebrand Nigerians all over the world to draft to service. It is certainly embarrassing to Nigeria for you to be bothering World Bank economists to help you with most basic economic analysis.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by Pamcrest(f): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2015
Buhari will do well not to take any financial advice from this woman NOI. She failed Nigerians when n where it mattered most. cry
Just release her back to World bank or a country like Zimbabwe.
My humble submission

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by femmy2010(m): 11:46am On Apr 16, 2015
Aunty Ngozi should focus on her unending "cushioning the effect " of this and that.
Did anybody else noticed she loves using the clause " Cushioning the effect" a whole lot?

3 Likes

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by dammytosh: 11:46am On Apr 16, 2015
Dear NOI,

Kindly keep your advice.

Thanks.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by CHEAPDATASOLTN(m): 11:48am On Apr 16, 2015
Thanks for your contributions, though it is not that necessary. You know all these and things are this worse.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by alsina: 11:48am On Apr 16, 2015
Pls keep ur advice, if apc needs them they have ur number and they know how to make use of their phone. Under ur very watch and advice $1=N125, poverty rate took a quantum leap, unemployed graduates were scamed and are killed. Madam in a saner clime u should be hiding now in shame and u r here advising apc o what to do. Get lost jor

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by Ralphlauren(m): 11:49am On Apr 16, 2015
mulante:
I suspect that the APC government is going to introduce inheritance taxation in Nigeria. It's a good move with onerous implications for the tax payer. One could lose up to 40% or 60% of his inheritance depending on how benevolent or malevolent the lawmakers decide to be.

Lol.

Such policy won't work in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by kaygeorge(m): 11:50am On Apr 16, 2015
iweala.......not again
Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by vinzzy: 11:50am On Apr 16, 2015
This woman must be insane.
Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by amhedeen: 11:51am On Apr 16, 2015
Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by harkynon(m): 11:51am On Apr 16, 2015
SHE DEY CRAZE BIG TIME
Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by ceejayluv(m): 11:52am On Apr 16, 2015
Those shouting "prison".. May I ask, under what charges?
Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by omenka(m): 11:52am On Apr 16, 2015
This woman is one big undercover criminal. She should be investigated as much as Alison.
Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by Mowire: 11:54am On Apr 16, 2015
So the outgoing govt hired a foreign tax consultant. What was the commission paid to make those foreigners richer? Is it less than 10% of amount generated?. I want to know so I can either praise Tinubu or call him thief properly.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by islandmoon: 11:54am On Apr 16, 2015
Oloriburuku somebody, this woman want to kill me ooooooo, how do you want me to survive under this condition?? I've always been suspecting this woman, the world bank sent her here to keep us in slavery! Aye e ma baje ni oooooo
Where are we going in this country?
That's what she has been doing since Obasanjo time, yar adua time, Gej time, she has been on that seat for years long like PDP.. Is not fair oo, there is God oo
Check out interest on loan? Do you even allow bank to give loan? You don't even know how we get fund for our struggling business and you want to increase tax and vat...
Quack minister, using us for experiment since 2003
Rubbish our foreign exchange
There is God oooo!

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by mulattoclaro(m): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2015
Now I see why she wasn't made the president of world bank.

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by ElekeNtioba: 11:56am On Apr 16, 2015
Phillfree:
1. Increase tax( in a country where the average man lives below a dollar spending per day. Madam u need alabukun)

2. Increase V.A.T from 5% to 10%.[value added tax] in a country where there is absolutely no power supply. (Again one gbogbonise for u or 2 shots of monkey tail)

3. Restructure the entire NNPC and immediately consider PETROLEUM INDUSTRIAL BILL.. (u were wit jona for six years why u no tell am Instead u claim say subsidy move from 400 million to 1,2 trillion.. na wa ooo. Nigerians de drink fuel Olodo)

4, Build institutions designed for fighting corruption. (In a country where the president goes on national tv and says 'stealing is not corruption')

Abi this woman want make them retain her?..

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/how-buharis-govt-can-boost-revenue-by-okonjo-iweala/

what kind of stupid commentary is dis....when did she become president??

Her job is to guide the govt financial policies and offer advice bt d president has d last word. She works with d final orders she' given cos she serves at the pleasure of the president.

Do u really expect her to come publicly and list out d advices she gave dat GEJ turned down.

The way u pple reason sumtimes...smh

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by zimoni(f): 11:56am On Apr 16, 2015
She should just shut it.

When is she going to decamp to APC?

They've ruined PDP. Awon Shege Feofle.

Nansense.

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by rhythyson: 11:58am On Apr 16, 2015
Na wah ooo
Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by Ralphlauren(m): 12:00pm On Apr 16, 2015
Volksfuhrer:
. But all the same, she should have resigned from office, instead of going down with the ship.

i agree ! she should have resigned.

she would have had her dignity and respect still intact. she has chose to go down with a drowing ship, so she should be ready to face the consequences.

no sane government will employ her to consult for them. ever !

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by enigmang: 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
mulante:

There is inheritance tax in Nigeria already.. not sure of the percentage though

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by omonnakoda: 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Who wan build the institution na Julius Berger ?

Hope say no be for Ogidigben

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by akigbemaru: 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Okonjo Iweala again?
Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by huptin(m): 12:03pm On Apr 16, 2015
Now lets be practical for once Nigerians....no nation develops by relying on proceeds of crude oil sales, that commodity is too volatile for God's sake.

We need to duversify our revenue generation profile as quickly as possible and the only way to achieve that its by increasing our revenue to gdp ratio just like NOI has said

2 Likes

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 12:05pm On Apr 16, 2015

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 12:07pm On Apr 16, 2015
NOI and GEJ , through their management of our common wealth and leadership attributes respectively has justified the saying that higher formal education is not a true standard to measure ones intelligence and abilities in ones choosen profession in particular and life in general .

1 Like

Re: How Buhari's Government Can Boost Revenue BY Okonjo Iweala by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 16, 2015
What is this woman saying exactly?!
That she needs more time to implement her goals or more time to suck us dry..uhhhhh??!

Mama peace is actually waiting for okonjo to leave office so that they can finish what they started- That first wife - second wife tussle..

Dear okonjo.. We trust sai buhari to keep our treasuries safe.. You need not worry.. We masses can't suffer any less than we've suffered under your regime..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hate Speech Will No Longer Be Tolerated - Osinbajo / Policeman Punches Man Trying To Remove APC Flag From Ortom's Jeep (Video) / Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.