Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,705 members, 7,816,889 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins (32994 Views)

NNPP: Kwankwaso Hands Over Kano Central Senatorial Form To Shekarau / Kwankwaso Writes President Buhari Over Kano Mysterious Deaths / Thugs Take Over Kano As Newly-posted DIG Michael ‘rejigs’ Security Arrangement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by JosEast(m): 6:39am On Apr 17, 2020
* Confirmed cases rise to 21 in 5 days

* Locals urge more commitment from govt

Heavily armed security operatives have taken over major streets in Kano as the one-week lockdown imposed by the state government took effect from 10 O’clock last night. The lockdown is to stem the fast-spreading coronavirus which is increasing daily. Daily Trust reports that Kano has a population of over 13 million people, and is the third state in the North West to record the COVID-19 case after Kaduna and Katsina.

Before Kano recorded its index case on Saturday, April 11, there had been mounting pressure on the government to shut its borders with other states in addition to stricter movement measures. However, the closure of the boundaries did not happen until Friday, March 27, when the state government banned interstate travels. It was 15 days after the closure of the boundaries that the index case was reported, heightening fears that the vital period had already been lost.

The first COVID-19 case was a 75-year-old retiree and a former ambassador who reportedly travelled to Kaduna, Abuja and Lagos and went back to Kano on March 25. The index case allegedly withheld critical information about his medical condition and travel history to doctors at the hospital where he was first treated, with sources saying that before then, the man had allegedly attended several functions, a development related to the rising cases of the disease in the state.

On Monday, April 13, two additional cases of the COVID-19 were recorded in Kano and on Wednesday, April 15, the state government announced five more cases in the morning and in the evening of the same day, the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) announced 12 additional cases, making it a total of 21cases within a space of four days in the state. The news of the first fatality of the COVID-19 was also reported by the media even though neither the Kano State government nor the NCDC has issued a statement in that respect.

However, there are fears in many quarters on the preparedness of the state government in terms of resources, manpower and logistics to stem the coronavirus pandemic through contact tracing, isolation and treatment.

Experts say considering its landmass and strategic location as the business nerve of the North, authorities in Kano State would have to do a lot to make headway in stopping the spread of the COVID-19.
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/as-1-week-lockdown-begins-security-agents-take-over-kano-major-streets.html

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Marine54(m): 6:59am On Apr 17, 2020
Perhaps kano state has turn this pandemics into business. I don't think there's actual case of covid -19 iñ kano.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Tunex252(m): 7:21am On Apr 17, 2020
Nhh
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by ducramsey99(m): 7:21am On Apr 17, 2020
Hmmm
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Tunex252(m): 7:21am On Apr 17, 2020
If Kano case should be like Lagos.. it won't be funny in the state

This virus will take over the 36 states very soon

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Digitalstarlite: 7:21am On Apr 17, 2020
police na scam
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:22am On Apr 17, 2020
FOR the citizens health benefits....

They who have ears, let them listen.

We Rise.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 17, 2020
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by honest1480(m): 7:22am On Apr 17, 2020
The action is necessary because the rate at which the index case is increasing over there is really worrisome. But those security agencies should work with their right senses to avoid killing innocent civilians.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by KINGOZEK(m): 7:23am On Apr 17, 2020
I see Extension of Lockdown beyond the stipulated date.

3 Likes

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by kabawa(m): 7:23am On Apr 17, 2020
I finally smoke weed for the first time, just today and nothing happen to me��‍♂️� I swear,just want to wish you guyz merry Christmas and as we are leaving 2019 to 2014, we shall all see 2008 cool

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by LowerPriceData0(m): 7:23am On Apr 17, 2020
Let, EFCC join fight on coronavirus to monitor how the funds will be use or we will continue to gets Fake coronavirus figures cos I don't trust DG of NCDC for saying that the virus will soon be spread to others state. He is saying that so that money contributed to fight the pandamic will be easy diverted and turn into their personal use.

StaySafe: Social Distancing Should Not Mean Social Isolation. Stay In Touch With Your Families And Friends With MTN & 9MOBILE Data.

Are you looking for TRUSTED and RELIABLE Data Seller. Check My Profile or Signature MTN and 9mobile Data Is AVAILABLE At Lowest Price.

We're Doing This Business With Honesty, Sincerity, Transparency And God's Fearing.
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by swtdrms(m): 7:24am On Apr 17, 2020
Marine54:
Perhaps kano state has turn this pandemics into business. I don't think there's actual case of covid -19 iñ kano.

Why do we continue to have fools always thinking with their anvs and not their brains? For how much would they declare lockdown? For how much? 1b or what? If you and your generation only think about money in times of trouble, then lucky you, you'll surely die running after such money.

We have health emergency, Saudi shuts down Kaaba, Pope did easter service in an empty Vatican, government world over is thinking of how to contain this emergency, the only think you could think about is....they want to loot money with covid19.

Let's even assume u re correct, then Kano gov't wouldn't have waited this long before declaring lockdown. Everyone had been telling kano to lockdown long before now which they refuse, Kano should have locked down 2weeks ago and not now. So someone who wants to make money will still wait 2weeks before making such money? Your case is worse than that of Donald Trump.

To my fellow sensible friends, the challenge is how to sustain in this period, Its obvious we don't know how long it'll take. From the look of things, even after this two weeks, there'll be more lockdown because this shit isn't getting away so soon. World economy has crashed, importations stopped, even food....i wonder how farmers will cope in this period. Let's start thinking of evolving alternative economies. If you have a business start thinking of taking the business online because that's the only way out now

36 Likes

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by 1stola: 7:24am On Apr 17, 2020
Abo key go green here?
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by MoIbrahim: 7:25am On Apr 17, 2020
Marine54:

Why don't you think so? Can you pls mention objective evidence beyond baseless suspicion?

12 Likes

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by izzy4shizzy(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2020
well, We have always been living by Gods mercies... u see this interstate lock down? drivers are settling police men at checkpoints and going on their journey, especially Abuja road...now the police personnel are another case, they wear no protective gear, cram themselves into the back of their pick up trucks and try to force people to stay indoors....Nigeria's problems are still undergoing construction

8 Likes

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Bluezy13(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2020
Allow people to go about their normal businesses and stop this lockdown nonsense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by dennisworld1(m): 7:25am On Apr 17, 2020
Are Nigeria police vulnerable to this disease
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Halogenabdul(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2020
My fear for Kano during Ebola virus, is thesame as that of COVID19. living and schooling in Kano was fun with regards to the cost of living, electricity, security Etc but on the issue if of hygiene, they're very poor with social hygiene coupled with over population, Ignorance even amongst some of the educated ones.
I can remember saying this during my project defense and the supervisor was like "How many states have you been to and you are using kano as case study"

I PRAY KANO OVERCOMES THIS AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND THE WHOLE PANDEMIC ENDS SOON ELSE............ u won't hear it from me.

6 Likes

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Nobody: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2020
KINGOZEK:
I see Extension of Lockdown beyond the stipulated date.

Kano 1week lockdown would be the stimulus test..
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by copy2: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2020
Education and learning should not shut down that is why we developed a robust e-learning management system for schools. Where teachers can upload lesson contents and students can take lessons from the comfort of their homes....

This period also Teachers should be earning, this led us into structuring out a way teachers can also make money periodically in this shutdown.

CLICK HERE TO GET FULL DETAILS ON HOW TO MAKE MONEY BY CREATING LESSON CONTENTS
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Sermwell(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2020
w
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by RapistOnBail: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2020
Kano be thinking this is Election. We gotta make our votes count
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by dennisworld1(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2020
Aboki dem nor go agree o. When hungry beat dem police go japa grin

1 Like

Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by tallerSSS: 7:26am On Apr 17, 2020
Kano - going, going,
Gone!!!
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by soloehis(m): 7:26am On Apr 17, 2020
They should have continue shouting ba corona
Re: Security Agents Take Over Kano Major Streets As 1-Week Lockkdown Begins by Sermwell(m): 7:27am On Apr 17, 2020
Marine54:
you don't know what you are saying!!

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Governor Adeleke Shows His Football Skills (Video) / 2015: Ohanaeze Endorses Jonathan, Threatens To Sanction Amaechi / Photo: Victor Ndoma-Egba And Buhari In A Handshake In 1984 And 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.