Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,608 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Question For The Oil Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Question For The Oil Minister (1769 Views)

Breaking: We Have No Plans To Charge Former Oil Minister Alison Madueke - UK / Oil Minister Double Standards: Photos Of Son's Private Jet Lifestyle - / Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For The Oil Minister by Fitty(m): 7:47pm On Jan 29, 2009
If you have the opportunity to ask the Minister of Petroleum
One question
What will you ask him

Pls, lets keep it civil and make it a scholarly thing
I hope a get a question from you guys that really matters
A question that will jolt him
Thanks
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by Muza(m): 7:53pm On Jan 29, 2009
how much do u "earn"
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by jamace(m): 12:19pm On Jan 30, 2009
Sir, What new knowledge have you brought to improve the sector this time around?
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by hackney(m): 11:17am On Jun 12, 2009
I'll ask him why he hasnt fu.cked off.
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by MrCrackles(m): 11:53am On Jun 12, 2009
The question i will like to ask him is obvious, he will tell me NO but we all know it is a big fat LIE!
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by eShegz(m): 11:57am On Jun 12, 2009
"why do we keep  exporting crude oil for refining and now importing the finished product at a higher price?"
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by tboyjnr(m): 3:27pm On Jun 12, 2009
I would ask him for his CV, read it and ask why a more qualified person isnt in charge.
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by freezy(m): 4:08pm On Jun 12, 2009
Dear Mr. Minister, can you please KISS MY A55? cool
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by jpphilips(m): 4:27pm On Jun 12, 2009
[b]i will ask him the following questions;

1  Are you aware that  foreign ex convicts in the oil and gas sector earn more than their Nigerian counterparts when they do virtually the same job?

2 this local content policy, what institution or machinery monitors its compliance? cos im sure that there are oil rigs in Nigeria where an ordinary camp boss is still a foreigner also why doesn't it affect pay package?

3 Define conflict of interest? if he (rilwanu lukman) is sitting on the board of African heritage conglomerate, controlling the majority shares of Afren and still serving in the petroleum ministry?

4 Do you know that America rated offshore field ops as the 8th most risky job in the world which is a function of their insurance and other health benefits, what have u done to enforce such in Nigeria?have you bothered to peruse through their condition of service both in the upstream and downstream sectors?

5  Do you know that offshore oil bunkery is higher than offshore oil exports?

6 Do you know that most DPR staff in most export fields in Nigeria are bribed to falsify export figures esp FSO's?

7 Do you  know that most indigenous company deprive their staff from forming new or joinig existing unions like NUPENG,PENGASSN and what have you? in other words, the employee eats whatever shit the employer cooks?

8 Do you know that there is no healthy competition in the oil and gas industry? we see cases where An American producer gives jobs to an American servicing when the indigenous coughs they buy you over?

9 do you know that the MOU signed by most indigenous companies with their foreign technical partners are not carried out to the last letter esp, where it concerns training of staff and operation liabilities?

finally,

Do you know that a 20,000bpd refinery will cost about 20million dollars which is just 25% of Nigerian earnings in a day internally generated funds notwithstanding?

do you know that Nigeria has the finance to erect 36 of such refineries in all 36 states in less than six months? judging from their crude earnings alone.

[/b]
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by kokoye(m): 7:01pm On Jun 12, 2009
Damn Mr Phillips!

Those are serious and important questions. But I'm sure you-know-who is aware of all these and he doesnt care - more money in his pocket
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by davidif: 12:45am On Jun 13, 2009
I would ask him why there are no sufficient internal controls in the NNPC to prevent corruption and when would the company become transparent to the average public.
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by Litmus: 2:09am On Jun 13, 2009
Why is the Nigerian oil sector still dominated by foreign expertise after 40 years of Oil exploration and exploitation?
What are your plans for the clean up of the delta?
When will the flaring of gas cease
Why are the oil companies far more ethical in their consideration for the indigenous people of countries like Malaysia than they are in Nigeria?
Is your allegiance to Nigeria, Opec or Saudi Arabia?
Is the term Blood oil justified?
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by ohaechesi(m): 10:58am On Jun 13, 2009
this thread is hilarious. I don't believe being boisterous or ranting over issues that those not worth it. The finance minister i guess will not understand the petroleum terminology if i should go on to ask him questions pertinent to petroleum. therefore, with due respect my dear minister, I will possibly ask you to get a college knowledge on the position bestowed on you. I meant no disdain, SIR.
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by danexd(m): 9:09pm On Jun 14, 2009
I'm the Oil Minister, Are you guys not aware that Nigeria Govt made a pact with Britain during the civil war concerning oil exploration and distribution, i can upload a copy of the agreement if you want? You see my hands are tied sad
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by jpphilips(m): 1:19pm On Jun 15, 2009
this thread is hilarious. I don't believe being boisterous or ranting over issues that those not worth it. The finance minister i guess will not understand the petroleum terminology if i should go on to ask him questions pertinent to petroleum. therefore, with due respect my dear minister, I will possibly ask you to get a college knowledge on the position bestowed on you. I meant no disdain, SIR.

even the commander in chief cannot state the seven points agenda off hand grin grin grin

funny country
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by JoeGaruba: 5:31am On Jun 21, 2009
Mr Philips,

if only those questions can be answered, we would be a better nation.
grin
Re: Question For The Oil Minister by sonety2k(m): 1:53pm On Aug 05, 2009
Na wa for 9ja theose question can never be answered

(1) (Reply)

Rof Olori Oluwo Passes On / Canadian Firm Signs Mou With Abia State Government To Build Mono-rail System! / Will Ferguson Wins Canada’s Highest Literary Prize For Novel On Nigerian Scams.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.