Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,672 members, 7,823,899 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 (1847 Views)

I Don’t Know What Buhari Should Do, I’ve Stopped Advising People –pat Utomi / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / INEC Cannot Guarantee That Elections Will Hold On March 28 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 16, 2015
Please do not be decieved. Buhari never said he would make N1 equal to $1.

I am going to provided you links to all the newspapers that reported the story. None of the reported that buhari ever made that statement.

What buhari said is this: “It is sad that the value of the naira has dropped to more than N230 to one dollar; this does not speak well for the nation’s economy,’

Those are his exact words.

if anybody has any verifiable newspaper that reported otherwise, they person should do us all a favour and paste it here for comparism purposes.

The plan of PDP is to discredit this government in every way possible. But it will never work, Nigerians are not stupid.

Propaganda did not win you elections. it sure will never win you sympathy.

http://dailypost.ng/2015/03/23/i-will-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-buhari/

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/03/ill-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-buhari/

http://www.nigerianmonitor.com/2015/03/24/i-will-make-naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-buhari/

http://www.naij.com/407924-i-will-ensure-naira-is-equal-to-dollar-in-value-buhari.html

http://www.thecable.ng/ill-make-naira-equal-dollar-says-buhari

http://www.news24.com.ng/Elections/News/Ill-make-Naira-equal-in-value-to-dollar-says-Buhari-20150324

Please if you have any contrary statement please provide verifiable link or hide your head in shame.

6 Likes

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by darnley16(m): 7:24pm On Apr 16, 2015
Ok
Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by Nobody: 7:26pm On Apr 16, 2015
lies will never get you any where. rather it would make people hate you more once they discover that you tried to deceive the.

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by asha80(m): 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2015
Just a question though...what does "making the naira equal in value to the dollar" really mean?

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by Rose2014: 7:32pm On Apr 16, 2015
So what did Buhari promise us na

He has denied ending BH in two month
Denied saying he'll make naira equals dollar
Denied fixing Nigeria in four years
Denied being the miracle that Nigerians have been waiting for
What about stabilizing world oil price?

Many newspapers carried these news during his campaign but he didn't deny any.smh

Anyway my question is this 'what did he promise Nigerians?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by Kolade354(m): 7:39pm On Apr 16, 2015
Most nigerians need deliverance...........Many of dem will even expect Buhari to provide 3 square meals for them...........If we shld go back to 2011 and bring out Jonathan campaign promise I dont think he fufiled one-quarter of it.........Baba-Buhari ride on jor.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by Kolade354(m): 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
Rose2014:
So what did Buhari promise us na

He has denied ending BH in two month
Denied saying he'll make naira equals dollar
Denied fixing Nigeria in four years
Denied being the miracle that Nigerians have been waiting for
What about stabilizing world oil price?

Many newspapers carried it then but he didn't deny it. If it's a lie, why didn't he deny these things during campaign period?

Anyway my question is this 'what did he promise Nigerians?
My Advice Go and Read his Manifesto...................

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 16, 2015
asha80:
Just a question though...what does "making the naira equal in value to the dollar" really mean?

buhari never said that. give me the video link where he did. i just gave you his exact statements. Newspapers are free to add any headline they want.

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by abdul4new(m): 7:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
Every lies and propaganda fashion against the General shall not prosper in the name of the Almighty GOD. Haters go and jump into the Lagoon and die

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by asha80(m): 7:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
shachris:

buhari never said that. give me the video link where he did. i just gave you his exact statements. Newspapers are free to add any headline they want.

ok I agree with you....not that anything is wrong with a dollar to 230 naira...it all depends on what type of economy one is running...japan is an example
Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by Nobody: 7:47pm On Apr 16, 2015
asha80:
ok I agree with you....not that anything is wrong with a dollar to 230 naira...it all depends on what type of economy one is running...japan is an example

exactly. a booming economy is not an ecomony that has currency equal to the dollar. But at least the currency would have to be strong but not exactly equal to the dollar. Check out china and japan,
Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by ucheheart(m): 7:51pm On Apr 16, 2015
From an economist point of view it means a rise in the standard of living of the masses and a tangible decrease in the cost of living of the same masses. In a layman's language a bag of rice that costs $25 in Usa will cost 25 x N200(current exchange rate of naira to a dollar) = N5000 plus exp. but given that $1 = N1 then the same bag of rice which costs $25 will cost N25 plus exp. now imagine the difference?
asha80:

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by Rose2014: 8:09pm On Apr 16, 2015
Kolade354:
My Advice Go and Read his Manifesto...................
But why didn't he deny any of these empty promises during campaign? Now reality has done on everyone I guess cheesy

Waiting for naira to equal dollar, 25milion youths receiving 5k monthly and world oil price stabilized. cool cool cool
Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by dunkem21(m): 8:14pm On Apr 16, 2015
Why don't you guys provide video evidence that he didn't say so.

My question is "was the statement in quote, the only thing he said in Owerri?

The same newspaper reported about Okocha on the same article and they are true.

Remind us again, what did he say he will do ..the ones he won't deny ..

2 Likes

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by macklef(m): 9:42pm On Apr 16, 2015
asha80:
actually from a tailor point of view, it has to do with the lenght of both curencies. If u use ur tape rule, a dollar measures 9inch but the naira measures 5inches. The Gej adminstration gave the naira to a tailor named Ngozi and instead of addin teru material to d naira, she tore d naira and now its measuring about 2inches. Hope u get it now.

1 Like

Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by akinyeleaa: 10:04pm On Apr 16, 2015
macklef:

actually from a tailor point of view, it has to do with the lenght of both curencies. If u use ur tape rule, a dollar measures 9inch but the naira measures 5inches. The Gej adminstration gave the naira to a tailor named Ngozi and instead of addin teru material to d naira, she tore d naira and now its measuring about 2inches. Hope u get it now.
got me laffing hard. dude, u sure know how to play on words
Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by macklef(m): 11:17pm On Apr 16, 2015
akinyeleaa:
got me laffing hard. dude, u sure know how to play on words
lol. I just try
Re: What Buhari Said In Owerri, ON March 23 by toyecoach(m): 11:43pm On Apr 16, 2015
asha80:
That you get value for money ;goods worth $2 equtes to d naira . Goods of N500 should equates to same in us $

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Pics: Child Of A Foreigner Been Attacked In South Africa / Nigeria Is Now The New Bride Of The World! / Tony Elumelu Meets With Bill Clinton, Carlos Slim And Others In London...photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.