Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,759 members, 7,820,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES (4872 Views)

5 Benefits Of Praying In Tongues / The Truth About Speaking In Tongues And Holy Ghost Baptism... / Can The Devil Understand Us When We Speak In Tongues? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by misreal(m): 6:25am On Apr 19, 2015
Joagbaje:
Final note .
There's difference between the gift of diversity of tongues and praying in tongues . One is for people hearing the other is between you and God . Not every christian has the gift of diversity of tongues but every christian ought to be able to pray in tongues

Speaking in tongues is used in different ways . In preaching in prophecy and in prayer to God . Speaking in tongues is used generally or interchangeably but if we study in context it's easy to know what aspect is being addressed in a passage
I have been reading comments here..what you just said now is what soye doesn't understand..tnx..
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by oyestephen(m): 9:07am On Apr 19, 2015
If we could all read Smith Wigglesworth on spiritual gifts, it will be helpful
according to mark 16 and 1 cor 12, there is the language of tongues and the gift of DIVERSITIES of tongues. its diverse. I have seen people who don't speak in tongues until a great spiritual burden is on them, I have seen people prophesy in tongues, and after they can't recollect what happened, and also people spend hours communicating in the spirit. as one of my mentor would say, don't follow methods or principles, follow the holy spirit.
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by WinsomeX: 10:59am On Apr 19, 2015
sportsmaster:
The problem with You basically is unbelief.Jesus said and i quote
Mark16:15-18
"And these signs shall follow them that believe,In my name sshall the cast out devils;THEY SHALL SPEAK WITH NEW TONGUES;"..
Speaking with tongues is the one of the best things that can happen to a christian.If i have doubts,or i am confused,when I pray in the spirit(In tongues) things becomes clearer.when i pray in tongues,God lays a lot of things in my heart.I see people who i need to pray for..when u actually see signs ur belief/faith become stronger and there is also willingness to do more..the same holy spirit that is in Apostle Paul/Peter, Apostle ayodele babalola is still the same Holy spirit,he has not changed,.He is the same God with the same story.Jesus the same yesterday,the same today and forever

I request a one on one dialogue with you on this subject, here on this thread. Permit I ask you some questions while you are free to ask me too. Do we have a deal?
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
Waste of time bro,
They can't answer straight questions. I asked him whether Paul objecting to 'speaking' in tongues in public worship would endorse 'praying' in tongues and I got no answers.

Tongues are only expressed through the mouth, through speaking. Whatever comes out of your mouth be it a song, a message, a prophecy or prayer, all are SPEAKING. This is why the distinction between various types of tongues is irrelevant.; all are unintelligible without interpretation or comprehension by the rest.

Paul's message is simple; any unintelligible has no place in public worship.

And his reasons are quite sensible and clear; if the rest can't understand what you saying, it don't benefit nobody but you.

His prescription is even simpler; zip it or pray for interpretation

He equates interpreted tongues to the highest gift; prophecy

WinsomeX:

I request a one on one dialogue with you on this subject, here on this thread. Permit I ask you some questions while you are free to ask me too. Do we have a deal?
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
[quote author=vooks post=32881873]Waste of time bro,
They can't answer straight questions. I asked him whether Paul objecting to 'speaking' in tongues in public worship would endorse 'praying' in tongues and I got no answers.

Tongues are only expressed through the mouth, through speaking. Whatever comes out of your mouth be it a song, a message, a prophecy or prayer, all are SPEAKING. This is why the distinction between various types of tongues is irrelevant.; all are unintelligible without interpretation or comprehension by the rest.

Paul's message is simple; any unintelligible has no place in public worship.

And his reasons are quite sensible and clear; if the rest can't understand what you saying, it don't benefit nobody but you.

His prescription is even simpler; zip it or pray for interpretation

He equates interpreted tongues to the highest gift; prophecy

[/quote
this is the problem You and many others have..You just want a straight answer either "YES" or "NO".and as for me I dont give straight answers,if it YES,i will explain it to you why it is Yes and if it is NO,i will explain it to make you see why.
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 5:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
Some questions such as your gender don't need a dissertation cheesy

You should have refuted my wisdom with scriptures not accuse us of unbelief
Tying yourself in theological knots proves that your beliefs have zero scriptural support; the lamer your excuses for publicly engaging in UNINTELLIGIBLE, the more of a liar you are proved to be

Selah

Cc Winsomex

[quote author=sportsmaster post=32890860][/quote]
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 6:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
vooks:
Some questions such as your gender don't need a dissertation cheesy

You should have refuted my wisdom with scriptures not accuse us of unbelief
Tying yourself in theological knots proves that your beliefs have zero scriptural support; the lamer your excuses for publicly engaging in UNINTELLIGIBLE, the more of a liar you are proved to be

Selah

Cc Winsomex

Are u dumb enough not to know that we are looking at BIBLICAL CONTEXT HERE?.
And i showed u mark 16:15-18.but u failed to see it
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
everything i explained is simple.
In Public worship,
U dont address the congregation with tongues alone,there has to be an Interpretation..
If there is no intepretation,notice the word Apostle paul used
1cor14:28-if there be no interpreter,LET HIM KEEP SILENCE IN THE CHURCH,AND LET HIM SPEAK TO HIMSELF AND TO GOD...
Notice the phrase paul used.
Paul said "let him keep silence and speak to himself".
That sounds like a contradiction,how can u keep silent and yet speak to urself?
What Paul actually meant in that context is that.
If there be no interpreter,reduce ur voice and speak to urself and To God..
As easy as PI
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by WinsomeX: 7:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
sportsmaster

Are you ready for the discuss?
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
check out this new thread..it explains the differences btwn the old and new covenant.this thread a lot abt both covenants(both old and new).it explains the new covenant realities.it explains the your right and privileges you have in christ.

www.nairaland.com/2265626/new-covenant-realities
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 8:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
WinsomeX:
sportsmaster

Go on and ask bro and let us reason together.isaiah1:18
you can ask your questions.i will try to answer them.and anyone that i cant answer right now,i will fix date
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 8:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
WinsomeX:
sportsmaster

you can ask your questions.i will try to answer them.and anyone that i cant answer right now,i will fix date .

I want you to look at my new thread.i posted the link earlier
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 9:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
The NEW languages Jesus spoke of were perfectly understood by the devout Jews who were not Spirit filled. You need comprehension classes to understand this? NEW means NEVER LEARNED. If suddenly you spoke in Farsi, that would be a NEW language for you

Explain to me what this verse is talking about
1 Corinthians 13:1 King James Version (KJV)

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,

Does it not mean that tongues can either be of men or angels?
If you can speak in a human language supernaturally, what would prevent those naturally taught that language from understanding?

Cc Winsomex,Gombs
sportsmaster:

Are u dumb enough not to know that we are looking at BIBLICAL CONTEXT HERE?.
And i showed u mark 16:15-18.but u failed to see it
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 9:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Wrong,
Not just address, any UNINTELLIGIBLE is nor admitted

sportsmaster:
everything i explained is simple.
In Public worship,
U dont address the congregation with tongues alone,there has to be an Interpretation..
If there is no intepretation,notice the word Apostle paul used
1cor14:28-if there be no interpreter,LET HIM KEEP SILENCE IN THE CHURCH,AND LET HIM SPEAK TO HIMSELF AND TO GOD...
Notice the phrase paul used.
Paul said "let him keep silence and speak to himself".
That sounds like a contradiction,how can u keep silent and yet speak to urself?
What Paul actually meant in that context is that.
If there be no interpreter,reduce ur voice and speak to urself and To God..
As easy as PI

Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 9:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
vooks:
The NEW languages Jesus spoke of were perfectly understood by the devout Jews who were not Spirit filled. You need comprehension classes to understand this? NEW means NEVER LEARNED. If suddenly you spoke in Farsi, that would be a NEW language for you

Explain to me what this verse is talking about
1 Corinthians 13:1 King James Version (KJV)

13 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels,

Does it not mean that tongues can either be of men or angels?
If you can speak in a human language supernaturally, what would prevent those naturally taught that language from understanding?

Cc Winsomex,Gombs
When Jesus said they speak with NEW tongues..the word "NEW" is the same word used in 2cor5:17 "if any be in christ,he is a 'NEW' creature"...
If u check it in the Greek.,the word "NEW" refers to something that has not existed before....
It does not mean a newly made material(e.g a new phone,Phones already do exist.).the word "NEW" used in those verses means something that HAS NOT EXISTED BEFORE...
When Paul referred to 1cor13:1-like u said before tongues are languages right?.
lets substitute languages for tongues.
It would then be like "Though i speak the language of Men and the language of Angels"..
Paul acknowledges the fact he speaks the regular Human language (with respect to the language he is referring to)..
The context of 1cor13: was to explain charity(love),supernatural Hope and faith.
Always read in CONTEXT.and pay attention to DETAILS and every single words.
ALWAYS try to reason along with the scriptures.,compare scriptures.and think deeply.Thats how u study God's word.

1 Like

Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by YesBwoss: 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
soye3:
its just so crystal clear in the scriptures. there should be no speaking in tongues if NO ONE ELSE understands what you are saying because the words from the mouth of the person doing that are just empty and meaningless and the man doing that KNOWS it.

The scriptures say when they were filled with the spirit, they spoke in tongues . Languages understood by everyone there and that resulted in a very serious decision- they were moved to be baptised. if they didnt understand, how could they have made such a weighty decision? Besides, the disciples didnt need anyone to TEACH THEM how to speak in tongues or how to interprete. That should make each and every christian think - What moves the speaking in tongues in people today? do they REALLY know the meaning of what they are saying or are just short of words? why does speaking in tongues need to be learnt?

Excellent!
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by YesBwoss: 9:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
soye3:
its just so crystal clear in the scriptures. there should be no speaking in tongues if NO ONE ELSE understands what you are saying because the words from the mouth of the person doing that are just empty and meaningless and the man doing that KNOWS it.

The scriptures say when they were filled with the spirit, they spoke in tongues . Languages understood by everyone there and that resulted in a very serious decision- they were moved to be baptised. if they didnt understand, how could they have made such a weighty decision? Besides, the disciples didnt need anyone to TEACH THEM how to speak in tongues or how to interprete. That should make each and every christian think - What moves the speaking in tongues in people today? do they REALLY know the meaning of what they are saying or are just short of words? why does speaking in tongues need to be learnt?

Excellent!
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by WinsomeX: 10:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
sportsmaster:

you can ask your questions.i will try to answer them.and anyone that i cant answer right now,i will fix date .
I want you to look at my new thread.i posted the link earlier

Ive seen your new thread. I am not on the freq of debating covenanting issues now. Been there and done enough of that.

I want to know something about you and I will explain why.

1. My age bracket is 35-40. I would like to know yours. The reason is simple: I want to commit some effort to this discuss and I have no intention of discussing with both a spiritual and physical juvenile. Just tell me your age bracket, say through five year.

2. Do you know anything about the history of Pentecostalism? How it started? The first propagators? And people's perception of them?

3. Lastly, do you know that the Christian Church was doing very well long before Pentecostals showed up?

Just simple answers Bro and I hope we find some direction. Don't mind the little deviation. It all has a lot to do with the subject of the thread.

Thanks.
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by YesBwoss: 10:11pm On Apr 19, 2015
soye3:
Acts 2:6-11. did u also read op that each one in that room HEARD what the disciples said and even mentioned the tongues they were speaking in specifically? Now, to show that everyone there understood what they were saying, they made 2 things clearer when they recognised them as being GALILEANS but were speaking what everyone UNDERSTOOD in his/ her own language because they stated what they heard as being ' the magnificent things of God. This simply means that the tongues being reffered to here is simply LANGUAGES and not things only ONE person CLAIMS to understand.

1cor 14:5-13. If you can read further down you will notice that this same place you quoted clearly states that whoever speaks in 'a tongue' should interprete. verse 9 says you are speaking to the air if no one understands what you are saying. verse 10says there are many kinds of speech or tongues in the world and yet NO ONE is without meaning. how many of those who speak in tongues today interprete or give meaning to what they are saying. they rather make their followers believe that they are interacting with God.

in verse 18, he made it clear that he spoke in more tongues than the others. were these qorda abstract words. he said further that its supposed to be for the building up of the members of the congregation who have not become believers. so the words would be clear to them. please, jow many people do you build up when people DO NOT even know what you are doing?
Excellent!
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by YesBwoss: 10:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
soye3:
did you say teaching? who taught the disciples to speak in tongues? if your answer is no one, why do people need to LEARN to speak in tongues?

what you typed, is that all you have in your bible as 1Cor14:15? why not finish the verse. and beautifully too, verse 16 says how will the ordinary person understand you and even say amen when they don't understand.

14:5 you now agree with me that speaking in tongues should be to the benefit of the congregation right? so how will the congregation benefit when they do not understand what you are saying? That means, if you speak in tongues to the hearing of the congregation, you have to interprete for an understanding to take place.

27,28 says someone must interprete and 28 ends it all by saying if there is no interpreter, he must KEEP SILENT and speak to himself and to GOD. what do u understand by this?

:23 says if all the congregation speak in tongues and an unbeliever walks in , will that make sense to him? off course not. this means that he needs to understand what the blabbing is about by an interpretation.

12:7?? seriously? that everyone can manifest what? did you read to find out the truth or to back up your argument? cam you just read :8-10 and then 28,29? you'll understand better. have you ever wondered why some are good and maths and others are better in english?

Well said!
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 10:29pm On Apr 19, 2015
WinsomeX:

Ive seen your new thread. I am not on the freq of debating covenanting issues now. Been there and done enough of that.

I want to know something about you and I will explain why.

1. My age bracket is 35-40. I would like to know yours. The reason is simple: I want to commit some effort to this discuss and I have no intention of discussing with both a spiritual and physical juvenile. Just tell me your age bracket, say through five year.

2. Do you know anything about the history of Pentecostalism? How it started? The first propagators? And people's perception of them?

3. Lastly, do you know that the Christian Church was doing very well long before Pentecostals showed up?

Just simple answers Bro and I hope we find some direction. Don't mind the little deviation. It all has a lot to do with the subject of the thread.

Thanks.
lol.
Age is no fuction of knowledge,I know of two 12-year old boys that are actively in ministry,they teach and preach the word,and divers demonstration of the things of spirit are wrought by thier very Hands,and another thing,it not abt being in church for donkey years,what really matter is abt the kind of teaching you listen to and how much u strongly desire to grow as christian.
"AGE is AUTOMATIC,MATURITY/GROWTH is DELIBERATE",,
i am 20 years of age to be precise,
i dont study history like that,i rarely do that if only i want to get to the root of the matter.
For example Jesus' praying time..
Matt14:23-accordind the Jewish timing Jesus prayed 6-8 Hrs
luke6:12= Jesus prayed all night,in the jewish timing all night=6pm-6am.
I dont do much of history like that.
The christian church should not be as a result of denominations but the WORD OF GOD and Practical examples IN THE WORD OF GOD.
i am not a pentecostal,i am only a disciple of Christ.I am follower of christ.. And i still strongly desire to know much more about WHO I AM,WHAT I HAVE,and WHAT I CAN DO IN CHRIST.

1 Like

Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Gombs(m): 6:08am On Apr 20, 2015
sportsmaster:
When Jesus said they speak with NEW tongues..the word "NEW" is the same word used in 2cor5:17 "if any be in christ,he is a 'NEW' creature"...
If u check it in the Greek.,the word "NEW" refers to something that has not existed before....
It does not mean a newly made material(e.g a new phone,Phones already do exist.).the word "NEW" used in those verses means something that HAS NOT EXISTED BEFORE...
It would then be like "Though i speak the language of Men and the language of Angels"..
Paul acknowledges the fact he speaks the regular Human language (with respect to the language he is referring to)..
The context of 1cor13: was to explain charity(love),supernatural Hope and faith.
ALWAYS try to reason along with the scriptures.,compare scriptures.and think deeply.Thats how u study God's word.

God bless you jare.... If only these folks would study and stop arguing about what they know little of.

WinsomeX, age has nothing to do with spirituality. Age does not exist in the realm of the spirit. When will you stop all these age thing? When would you stop exhibiting pride? Timothy was between 30-33, despised by the teachers of the law (even christians) and some brethren in Ephesus, guess what Paul told him to do?

1Timothy 4:12-14 MSG (I know you've discredited the Message translation sha)
And don't let anyone put you down because you're young. Teach believers with your life: by word, by demeanor, by love, by faith, by integrity.

Stay at your post reading Scripture, giving counsel, teaching. And that special gift of ministry you were given when the leaders of the church laid hands on you and prayed—keep that dusted off and in use.

How old was Jesus when He boosed them teachers of the law in the synagogues? At a time, he was twelve, the other 30/31. Those teahers of the law were more than twice His age. But, the mighty WX wants age to be a determining factor in biblical discussion.

If you feel one is a spiritual or physical juvenile, there's always a way to reach that one. Paul said I am all things to all men, to the babe he became a babe, to the Jew he became a Jew, to an atheist he became one, to the babalawo, he became one.. Why? That he may win some to Christ.

Sportsmaster, take your age off this forum... For future sakes. You need not cower to his criterias. He's once often called me a juvenile, not like I care though. grin

1 Like

Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 6:38am On Apr 20, 2015
sportsmaster:

your shallowness is horrendous.

Let look at the the definition of NEW (kainos) 'NEW TO THE POSSESSOR' is the meaning. Comprende?
Get a new car don't necessarily mean it's brand new, just new to you.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+16%3A17&version=MOUNCE
The tongues were NEW to the disciples but not to the devout Jews. That why they could EACH understand what was being said

Acts 2:8-12 (ESV)
8 And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, 11 both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.” 12 And all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?”

They heard the disciples speaking in their (devout Jews) languages. Why were they perplexed? Because the speakers were Galileans speaking diverse HUMAN languages simultaneously, languages these men understood. It's no different to say an Igbo man hearing a whiteman praising Jesus in very fluent Igbo say in India cool

Learn to reason wisely; supposing the disciples were speaking in languages of angels which nobody understood, and thT these languages were interpreted into the devout Jews'dialects. Wouldn't the interpreter(s) still be speaking in the diasporas Jews dialects? The interpreter(s) would be speaking in tongues of men. If the interpreter interpreted the angelic tongues into a COMMON dialect, then the diasporas Jews would not have been mesmerized and the words highlighted in red would not have been there!

Now, suppose Holy Spirit somewhat enabled the devout Jews to understand the languages of angels. Would those statements in red make any sense? Further, how would devout but unregenerate Jews receive the gift of interpretation of tongues which is reserved for believers?

Why would Paul writing to grownups need to remind them that he has the power of speech? Do you see how nonsensical it is?
' though I speak with languages of men yet I have no love, it is in vain'. What's so unique about speaking seeing everyone including heathens speak?
Paul picked the hypothetically higher and esteemed religious expressions (speaking in tongues, prophecy,Wisdom,faith,charity/philanthropyand even sacrificing his own life) and said all that without love is in vain. So he couldn't possibly pick a simple,obvious and almost universal act of speech and insert it here for the irony he was driving at would be lost

The context is simple; ' if I speak in tongues of men or tongues of angels without love it is in vain'. Speaking in tongues here must have been unique, and referring to the SAME spiritual gift of tongues not common speech. Get some sense young man.

Selah

Cc Joagbaje,Winsomex,Gombs

Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by Nobody: 10:07am On Apr 20, 2015
vooks:

your shallowness is horrendous.

Let look at the the definition of NEW (kainos) 'NEW TO THE POSSESSOR' is the meaning. Comprende?
Get a new car don't necessarily mean it's brand new, just new to you.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+16%3A17&version=MOUNCE
The tongues were NEW to the disciples but not to the devout Jews. That why they could EACH understand what was being said

Acts 2:8-12 (ESV)
8 And how is it that we hear, each of us in his own native language? 9 Parthians and Medes and Elamites and residents of Mesopotamia, Judea and Cappadocia, Pontus and Asia, 10 Phrygia and Pamphylia, Egypt and the parts of Libya belonging to Cyrene, and visitors from Rome, 11 both Jews and proselytes, Cretans and Arabians—we hear them telling in our own tongues the mighty works of God.” 12 And all were amazed and perplexed, saying to one another, “What does this mean?”

They heard the disciples speaking in their (devout Jews) languages. Why were they perplexed? Because the speakers were Galileans speaking diverse HUMAN languages simultaneously, languages these men understood. It's no different to say an Igbo man hearing a whiteman praising Jesus in very fluent Igbo say in India cool

Learn to reason wisely; supposing the disciples were speaking in languages of angels which nobody understood, and thT these languages were interpreted into the devout Jews'dialects. Wouldn't the interpreter(s) still be speaking in the diasporas Jews dialects? The interpreter(s) would be speaking in tongues of men. If the interpreter interpreted the angelic tongues into a COMMON dialect, then the diasporas Jews would not have been mesmerized and the words highlighted in red would not have been there!

Now, suppose Holy Spirit somewhat enabled the devout Jews to understand the languages of angels. Would those statements in red make any sense? Further, how would devout but unregenerate Jews receive the gift of interpretation of tongues which is reserved for believers?

Why would Paul writing to grownups need to remind them that he has the power of speech? Do you see how nonsensical it is?
' though I speak with languages of men yet I have no love, it is in vain'. What's so unique about speaking seeing everyone including heathens speak?
Paul picked the hypothetically higher and esteemed religious expressions (speaking in tongues, prophecy,Wisdom,faith,charity/philanthropyand even sacrificing his own life) and said all that without love is in vain. So he couldn't possibly pick a simple,obvious and almost universal act of speech and insert it here for the irony he was driving at would be lost

The context is simple; ' if I speak in tongues of men or tongues of angels without love it is in vain'. Speaking in tongues here must have been unique, and referring to the SAME spiritual gift of tongues not common speech. Get some sense young man.

Selah

Cc Joagbaje,Winsomex,Gombs
Did you read 1cor13 to the end?
It is plainly revealed here that you dont read in context..the context of 1cor13 explains hw charity(love),faith,Hope..
Its a new week bro.Gonna be so so busy..
I'm just happy that this thread has Opened the eyes of many.
Summary
1)Every believer can speak with tongues.Mark16:15-19
2)Every believer can demonstrate the divers manifestation of the spirit.be it
1)tongues
2)interpretation of tongues
3)Prophecy
4)word of knowledge
5)word of wisdom
6)discerning of spirits
7)faith
coolgifts of healing
9)working of miracles.

Better open your eyes and dont be ignorant of your RIGHT and PRIVILEGES in CHRIST
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by vooks: 10:24am On Apr 20, 2015
Here are two simple fact you are scampering from;

1. TONGUES are languages of men and angels sometimes well understood by native speakers naturally or by non-native speakers supernaturally through the gift of interpretation

2. In absence of natural/supernatural interpretation of tongues of ALL forms in public worship, the speakers should refrain from exercising this gift

The rest of your diatribe is unworthy of my reply
sportsmaster:

Did you read 1cor13 to the end?
It is plainly revealed here that you dont read in context..the context of 1cor13 explains hw charity(love),faith,Hope..
Its a new week bro.Gonna be so so busy..
I'm just happy that this thread has Opened the eyes of many.
Summary
1)Every believer can speak with tongues.Mark16:15-19
2)Every believer can demonstrate the divers manifestation of the spirit.be it
1)tongues
2)interpretation of tongues
3)Prophecy
4)word of knowledge
5)word of wisdom
6)discerning of spirits
7)faith
coolgifts of healing
9)working of miracles.

Better open your eyes and dont be ignorant of your RIGHT and PRIVILEGES in CHRIST
Re: All u need to know abt speaking with TONGUES by WinsomeX: 11:54am On Apr 20, 2015
sportsmaster:

lol.
Age is no fuction of knowledge,I know of two 12-year old boys that are actively in ministry,they teach and preach the word,and divers demonstration of the things of spirit are wrought by thier very Hands,and another thing,it not abt being in church for donkey years,what really matter is abt the kind of teaching you listen to and how much u strongly desire to grow as christian.
"AGE is AUTOMATIC,MATURITY/GROWTH is DELIBERATE",,
i am 20 years of age to be precise,
i dont study history like that,i rarely do that if only i want to get to the root of the matter.
For example Jesus' praying time..
Matt14:23-accordind the Jewish timing Jesus prayed 6-8 Hrs
luke6:12= Jesus prayed all night,in the jewish timing all night=6pm-6am.
I dont do much of history like that.
The christian church should not be as a result of denominations but the WORD OF GOD and Practical examples IN THE WORD OF GOD.
i am not a pentecostal,i am only a disciple of Christ.I am follower of christ.. And i still strongly desire to know much more about WHO I AM,WHAT I HAVE,and WHAT I CAN DO IN CHRIST.

Thanks for your response. There is very little that we both can discuss on then. I wish you the best on your life and ministry.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Evolutionary Theory: A Cause Of Racism. / Can Morality Exist Without Religion? / Awesome VIDEO CLIPS: Pastor Chris' Communion Service @National Stadium Zimbabwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.