Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,799 members, 7,956,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 10:27 PM

Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 (699 Views)

May God Forbid That Any Government Will Repeat What Gej's Did – Oby Ezekwesil / Shekau Shuns TIME 100 Gala / Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 by bvibesblogger: 12:33pm On Apr 17, 2015
American news magazine, TIME, yesterday, rolled out it’s list of most influential persons in the world.

The list which had on it Nigeria’s President-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari; Former Minister Of Education and Coordinator of the #BringBackOurGirls Campaign, Oby Ezekewsili; Best-selling author, Chimamanda Adichie and Boko Haram leader, Abubakar Shekau, omitted Nigeria’s incumbent president, Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

TIME magazine’s move to expel his name off their elite list was expected, since outgoing President Jonathan lost his re-election bid to former Military head of state turn born-again democrat, Muhammadu Buhari on March 28, 2015.

It will be recalled that the President conceded defeat at the polls by making a less than a minute call to Buhari before the official results were announced by the electoral umpire, INEC, headed by Professor Attahiru Jega.

Here are reasons we think he wasn’t listed:

– After losing his re-election bid to President-Elect, Muhammadu Buhari , Mr. Goodluck Jonathan became the first sitting president in the Nigeria’s history to be ousted through ballot box.

– His inability to secure the release of the Chibok Girls who were kidnapped a little over a year ago by members of the ruthless Boko Haram terrorist group.

– His inability to tackle the endemic corruption in Nigeria. Under Jonathan’s presidency many militant leaders from the oil producing Niger Delta area in the south have become very rich from government patronage and contracts. Some of them have been awarded security contracts to guard the oil installations they once protested against and attacked.

– The Boko Haram militant group has killed 20,000 people and forced some three million others from their homes and President Jonathan was criticised for not getting to grips with this.

So why should President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan be honored with a Nobel Peace Prize? For doing the needful?

http://www.360nobs.com/2015/04/reasons-why-gej-did-not-make-time-100/

Re: Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 by imbless: 12:34pm On Apr 17, 2015
Re: Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 by Nichobabe(m): 12:37pm On Apr 17, 2015
True talk
Re: Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 by geezzzyy(m): 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
Well.. I don't agree with Times.
Shekau is influential, yes. But Oby and Adichie, I'm not so sure.

Influence is the ability to make people do something they'll usually not do on their own.
If Oby tells Nigerians for example to boycott road transportation or something similar, nobody will take her seriously.
But if Oga Jonah tells his followers the same thing, bus transportation will cease for the given time.. If Jonathan didn't accept defeat, we could have had a taste of how influential he is.. Thank God he did.. The taste for sour..

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 by teemanbastos(m): 12:58pm On Apr 17, 2015
shekau?! lipsrsealed
xo na shekau do gud tinz?
Re: Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 by yemolz: 1:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
American rating!
I wouldn't if Americans are friendly to Nigeria, but very sure they are not friendly to PGEJ. So, what do you expect.
Re: Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 by yemolz: 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
American rating!
I wouldn't if Americans are friendly to Nigeria, but very sure they are not friendly to PGEJ. So, what do you expect.
As far as I'm concern President Goodluck Jonathan is my Hero and one of the best presidents in Nigeria.
Re: Reasons Why GEJ Did Not Make TIME 100 by yemolz: 1:12pm On Apr 17, 2015
American rating!
I wouldn't know if Americans are friendly to Nigeria, but very sure they are not friendly to PGEJ. So, what do you expect.
As far as I'm concern President Goodluck Jonathan is my Hero and one of the best presidents in Nigeria.

(1) (Reply)

Did Oba Akiolu’s Threat Work For Ambode? Yes And No! / Photo: Guy Brutally Stabs Neighbour To Death In Lagos, Says Spirit Pushed Him / Photo Of Buhari Reading The Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.