Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair (6142 Views)

My Affair With The Neighbour (A Short Romantic Story) / A Dangerous Love Affair. / Get This Free Ebook: Entangled Affair, Directly In Your Mail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Onemansquad(m): 11:30am On Jul 21, 2015
Skimpledawg:
Am so overwhelmed, amazed n and dz story left me discombobulated afta d last update.... Mehn oga theorbiters, ua damn good at dz.... I hardly get confused yle reading a story, buh u left me dazed and awe at dz.... Oga Larrysun com check if my english correct o grin

Beta coman continue ooo undecided

Picks fone n calls onemansquad, stuff46, slimzjoe, lilyomi, hennyhorlah, BlissB
reserve seat 4 me oo
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by BlissB(f): 11:42am On Jul 21, 2015
Skimpledawg:
Am so overwhelmed, amazed n and dz story left me discombobulated afta d last update.... Mehn oga theorbiters, ua damn good at dz.... I hardly get confused yle reading a story, buh u left me dazed and awe at dz.... Oga Larrysun com check if my english correct o grin

*ans phone call* Guy i don show.......but y u do like dis na....u knw am quite busy,hw am i goin to look at dis n throw away my face...only d startin na bomb
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Skimpledawg(m): 12:11pm On Jul 21, 2015
BlissB:
*ans phone call* Guy i don show.......but y u do like dis na....u knw am quite busy,hw am i goin to look at dis n throw away my face...only d startin na bomb
Ai swear dear.... Oya look comot face go pass ya exams 1st den come bk i dey reserve seat for u....

Onemansquad, na bare floor u go siddon, ah will be chilling wt BlissB n lilyomi
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Slimzjoe(m): 12:21pm On Jul 21, 2015
Skimpledawg:

I don show! cool Skimple Yhur Mama Born yhu well I swear!
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by BlissB(f): 12:30pm On Jul 21, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Ai swear dear.... Oya look comot face go pass ya exams 1st den come bk i dey reserve seat for u....

Onemansquad, na bare floor u go siddon, ah will be chilling wt BlissB n lilyomi
grin Boo boo u 2 much,onemansquad ntorrrrrr tongue
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Onemansquad(m): 12:45pm On Jul 21, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Onemansquad, na bare floor u go siddon, ah will be chilling wt BlissB n lilyo mi
So u wan Bleep me up cos of bae ehn undecided
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Skimpledawg(m): 2:44pm On Jul 21, 2015
Onemansquad:
So u wan Bleep me up cos of bae ehn undecided
lipsrsealed.... U knw i cnt do dat....

Oga theorbiters, wia art thou?
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by nellyme(f): 6:27am On Jul 22, 2015
Announcement: I'm writing the names of noise makers...be warned. Welcome back theo, I kinda forgot d story-line pls continue sir. This story is hot!!!
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Hennyhorlah(f): 6:14pm On Jul 22, 2015
Skimpledawg:

ama here jawe,i jex encounter traffic jams on my way ni(shebarh nd dee stuff) grin.......*spread a mat nd takes a nap*
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Lilyomi(f): 8:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Abeg explain rhe big word in der. Dis...... I don show o
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Skimpledawg(m): 10:01pm On Jul 22, 2015
Lilyomi:
Abeg explain rhe big word in der. Dis...... I don show o
Ask ya boo onemansquad grin

Hennyhorlah, no time for nap o.... Cm siddon for ma lap mah cari u
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Hennyhorlah(f): 7:15pm On Jul 23, 2015
Skimpledawg:

Ask ya boo onemansquad grin

Hennyhorlah, no time for nap o.... Cm siddon for ma lap mah cari u

hee!!....ao many be my body?...u want lilyomi to cut off my head I no fit fight o
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:46pm On Aug 01, 2015
Kitme:
He's back! cool welcome!
Aww.. My golden.. Good to have you too. Nice story you got too.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:51pm On Aug 01, 2015
Skimpledawg:

I really don't know what to say, but I am very honoured to have you here
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:53pm On Aug 01, 2015
nellyme:
Announcement: I'm writing the names of noise makers...be warned. Welcome back theo, I kinda forgot d story-line pls continue sir. This story is hot!!!
Nellyme, I owe you a big apology. Glad you are here
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:57pm On Aug 01, 2015
EPISODE 7
Friends.

Weeks went by as Richard remained a bit shaken by the news of his mother demise. Sitting alone in the big empty lecture hall, his blank book laid open before him. The news had left a bitter taste in his mouth, and he had the feeling that her death was somehow connected to what ever assignment his father had wanted him to complete but he just couldn't figure it out. He had tried re-activating the assignment but just like old times, he was no way near the light at the end of the tunnel.

Richard had been sitting there for close to 3hours and so engrossed in his thoughts that he failed to realise the being standing in front of him.
The being studied Richard carefully, sizing him from top to his waist, as it wondered what exactly was wrong. After much deliberation, the being decided to break the silence,

"Richard. Are you okay?"

Like an electrocuted being, Richard jerked to reality, affording his thoughts the pains for being kicked into oblivion. He looked at the person in front of him and immediately recognised the face,

"Nate.", he sighed, shaking his head, "I'm okay. Just stressed lately."

"You don't look okay. Come on, tell me, what's the issue?" Nate quizzed as he took the seat in front of Richard.

There was a brief silence

"Just family issues." Richard finally said.

"What about it?"

"I just lost my mom." Richard answered weakly.

"Oh my god! I'm terribly sorry. I had no idea about that."

Richard looked at him like he was crazy. How was he suppose to know if nobody told him.

"Thanks man." Richard replied, still looking at him.

"How did it happen, if I may ask?" Nate probed further.

"Car accident."

"My goodness! I'm so sorry for that. Do you need me to do anything for you?"

Richard smiled for a moment. He looked around to see if anyone was close by before getting close to Nate.

"Can I tell you something?"

"Sure you can." Nate assured, moving closer to Richard.

"I don't think it was an accident."

"Meaning?"

"I think someone killed her." Richard said authoritatively.

"You mean she was assassinated?". Nate asked in shock.

"Very correct."

"How sure are you?"

"50 percent. All I need now is the proof."

"But wait, how did you come to this conclusion?"

"Okay. For some years, my dad had been on a personal vendetta against someone and he placed me in the heat of it, asking me to track down someone but I couldn't do it.
"All of a sudden, he calls me to say I shouldn't bother about the assignment again and then he tells me that my mother was died. I mean, this has to be connected."

Nate nodded his head as he listened, "It all seem connected. The timing and everything."

"Exactly." Richard almost screamed.

"So who do you suspect?"

"Well, I still don't have any suspect. I mean, I thought I could re-activate the assignment my dad gave me but I still don't know the direction I'm suppose to look."

"Maybe I could help, if you don't mind." Nate offered.

"I would really appreciate that, but I don't know how we would go about it."

"Well, we could start by asking your dad for all his business associates that he thinks are his enemies. Then we can start crossing out their names."

"Good idea."

"But wait. If you finally get the person, what will you do? I doubt you are going to kill the person?"

"Leave that to me, but I can assure you, I will make sure that person suffers."

"Well then, I will help in whatever way I can."

"Thanks man, I really do appreciate it."

As they were still talking, Nate's phone vibrated. It was a message from Audrey, telling him that Hammy wants to go on a date with him the following night. He briefly forgot about Richard as he smiled at his phone. After replying the text, his smiling face met Richard's curious face.

"It's just a lady I met sometime ago." Nate explained.

"Hmm. Have fun man."

"Thanks. Later then."

"Yea man, later."

Nate walked out of the hall, leaving Richard still on his chair as the silent wind arrived to keep him company.
A storm was coming, Richard thought, and he had to be ready for it.

Audrey gazed through her window as her teary eyes rested on the busy street. The sound of moving vehicles played occupant on her ear space as the playful laughter of the young children forced a memory of her childhood days to play in her head.

The sun was getting ready to retire as the night activities prepared to kick start. Audrey, with the back of her palm, wiped a cold tear that escaped her cagey eyes of her cheek as she turned around just in time to see Hammy step out of the bathroom with a white short towel wrapped around her chocolate body.
"Going somewhere?"

"Oh my god!!" Hammy screamed.

Audrey straightened, "Are you okay?"

"Jeez, you gave me a fright."

"I gave you fright?" Audrey asked puzzled.

"You should stop sneaking up on people. I didn't even know you were around."

"Oh really? In my own house?"

"Your house indeed", Hammy chuckled. "Speaking of house, I really can't wait to be done with these exams and leave this school. It's so frustrating."

"Yea, you can say that again. I am already feeling the pressure and I don't think I can bear it anymore. I just want to go home and be with my mom."

"Really?" Hammy looked at her oddly, "Your mom?"

Just as they were speaking, Hammy's phone rang out.
"My mom", Hammy said playfully as she walked into the kitchen to answer the call.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:59pm On Aug 01, 2015
Immediately, Audrey's phone rang out.

"Nathan?"

"Hello 'Drey"

"It's been a while. Never thought I would hear from you again."

"Really? Now why in the world would I ever stop thinking about you?"

"Flattering won't do you any good", Audrey giggled.

"Come on, I don't flatter."

"Yea right. So what's up?"

"Em, is Hammy there?"

"Yea, she's on the phone with her mom. Any problem?"

"Uhmm, she hasn't called me, yet she wants us to meet tonight for dinner."

"Don't worry Mr. Lover man. She would call you soon."

"Okay. I hope this night goes as planned."

"Just relax. Enjoy the evening and then tell her how you feel."

"Will you come with her?"

"No way! Why would I want to come to your dinner?"

"Just asking." There was a bit of rejection in his voice but both of them ignored it.

"Just have fun and hey, be nice." Audrey added.

"I will. Goodbye." The call was terminated.

Just then, Hammy came into the room.
"Who was that?"

"Oh, that was Nathan."

"Really?"

"Why haven't you called him yet?"

"Well, I guess I am just playing my cards close to my chest."

"How is that?"

"You see, I am trying to increase the mystery and make him respect me."

"Oh. I didn't know it works like that."

"Yea it does." Hammy answered as she turned to her wall mirror and applied her make-ups.

Audrey studied her for a while and then sat on the bed.
"So, if you go on this date with Nate, what will become of Richard?"

Hammy froze in her movement.

Audrey, realising Hammy was lost in thoughts, jerked her back to reality.
"Hey, what's the matter with you?

"Not-- nothing." Hammy stuttered.

"Really? You just completely went numb."

"I was just thinking about your question."

"So?"

"Well, it depends on how Nathan turns out to be. If he is cool, then maybe I would stick with him."

Audrey was about to say a little prayer when Hammy added.

"Or, I might just keep the both of them. You know they could come in handy when I need them."

Audrey widened her eyes in amazement as she watched Hammy put on her clothes. She must be really self-centred to have said something like that, Audrey thought, she is just concerned about her self alone.
Audrey sat muted as she watched Hammy leave the room without saying goodbye and she felt she had put up with her friend's selfish attitude for too long. Maybe she should start thinking about herself for a change and see just what would happen.

Inhaling a deep breathe, Audrey shot to her feet, freshened up and wore a red silk gown. She took a quick glance around the house and immediately left the apartment.

Perhaps, her happiness was also important.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 11:01pm On Aug 01, 2015

The night breeze stirred gently as Richard walked down the busy road. With his hands tucked into his pocket, he rarely said a word to anyone as he walked by. He looked ahead and saw the four men he had arranged to meet. He wished whatever business he had with them would be over so quickly before anyone could find out about his involvement.
He quickened his pace and soon caught up with them.

"Hey guys." He called out.

"Hey man, what's up?" The light skinned guy replied. He was the leader of the gang.

"I'm alright. Hope you guys are cool?"

"Yes we are. Sorry about your mother's demise." The leader offered an apology.

"How did you know about that?" Richard quizzed.

The leader laughed for a moment, "Never mind bro. We got you covered."

Richard looked at them with suspicion. He knew they were dangerous and he wished he hadn't hired them to scare Hammy and Audrey that night.

"Okay, look guys, I will pay you the money by tomorrow morning. I just need you account details."

"You will get it tomorrow." The leader replied as the other three nodded in affirmative.

"Alright then. I guess our business is over." Richard finally said.

"Alright man. You take care."
With that, they turned around and walked away leaving Richard alone with his thoughts as he watched them fade into the darkness.

Richard recovered himself an turned around, only to see Audrey walking down towards him. He froze for a moment, silently hoping she did not see him with the gang.
As she walked closer, he steadied himself,

"Hey, lady."

Audrey jerked from her thoughts as she turned to see who called her. Immediately her gaze met with his, her kneel began to quiver.

"Hi." She managed to respond.

"You are Hammy's friend, right?"

"Oh, yea, I am."

"Do you remember me?"

"Yea, the guy who saved me from those bad guys-- I mean, you save us, I and my friend."

Richard chuckled, "Yea, I am. I'm Richard."

"I am Audrey. What are you doing here."

"Well, I'm just taking a stroll. Care to join me."

"Sure. I could use a walk to clear my head."

"Alright then. We could also grab a bite at that restaurant, if you don't mind." Richard added in a calm manner.

Audrey looked at him, "Are we on a date?"

Richard laughed, "No, no, no. Not like a date thing. Just hanging out."

"Just teasing. Come on let's go."

This could be fun, she thought. Real fun.

"Oh my god!! I can't believe you could do that." Hammy laughed hard as she dropped her fork on the half empty plate before her.
"That was hilarious. How did you manage to escape?"

"We ran all night", Nathan continued, "And we had to hide in an old woman garage till the next morning."

"Wow, that was so unbelievable." Hammy exclaimed.

Nathan starred at her as she fiddled with her cutlery. Hammy raised her head just in time to met his gaze scanning through her body.

"Hey, you know it's wrong to stare?" Hammy asked shyly.

"You are truly beautiful." Nathan replied with a smile.

"I bet you have told that to all the ladies you have come across."

"Actually, you are the second lady I am saying this to."

"Who's the first?" Hammy asked as her countenance changed.

"My mother, who I never truly got to know."

"What happened to her?" Hammy asked weakly.

"Well--." Nathan began to say but stopped as Hammy quickly stood up and rushed to the ladies. Perhaps, she wanted to take a leak, he thought. So he sat calmly.

INSIDE THE LADIES......

Hammy flushed the toilet as she made to the sink to rinse her hands. Just then, Audrey stepped into the ladies. Both ladies froze in their movement as their gaze met each other.

"What are you doing here?" Hammy finally found her voice.

"Em, errr, emm---" Audrey stuttered.

"Are you following me?"

"Hell no. Why would I want to do that?"

"I don't know. Then why are you here?"

"I have no idea you were here. I only came in here with Richard."

Hammy staggered backward, "You came here with who?"

"Richard." Audrey answered. "Hammy, are you okay? You have been acting funny since."

"I am fine. So where is Richard now?"

"Ordering for something. We are not staying for long."

"Okay." Hammy managed to say." Does he know Nathan personally?"

"No, I don't think so."

"Let"s walk out together then."

"Okay."
They both washed their hands and straightened their hairs. The stepped out of the toilet together but quickly froze in their steps as they saw Richard and Nathan locked in an embrace.

"Oh god!" Hammy cracked. "This is not good."

Just then, Richard saw Hammy and stood still for a while.
Nathan saw Audrey and got transfixed to the spot.

Richard walked towards the ladies. "Hammy, where have you been?"

Nathan walked towards the ladies and smiled at Audrey. "Hey 'Drey. You finally came."

Hammy grabbed Audrey by the arm, "Please, take me away from here.
Audrey gaze shifted from Richard to Nathan and then to Hammy. Quickly, she grabbed Hammy by the shoulder and zoomed out of the restaurant.

Richard and Nathan ran after the ladies as Richard kept calling out to Hammy while Nathan kept calling Audrey.

The two ladies refused to look back as they zoomed off into the night, leaving the men at the edge of confusion.

A crazy night, they all thought.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by stuff46(m): 7:44am On Aug 02, 2015
theorbiters:

I really don't know what to say, but I am very honoured to have you here

Mtn
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2015
Onemansquad:

reserve seat 4 me oo
You are welcome!
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 12:55pm On Aug 02, 2015
BlissB:
I am very pleased with your favourable remark
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 12:57pm On Aug 02, 2015
Slimzjoe:

I don show! cool Skimple Yhur Mama Born yhu well I swear!
You are welcome Boss
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 12:58pm On Aug 02, 2015
Skimpledawg:

lipsrsealed.... U knw i cnt do dat....

Oga theorbiters, wia art thou?
Boss, I am here.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Kitme(f): 4:50pm On Aug 02, 2015
theorbiters:

Aww.. My golden.. Good to have you too. Nice story you got too.
Thank you....Glad, you're back fully.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Skimpledawg(m): 5:07pm On Aug 02, 2015
theorbiters:
Boss, I am here.
Ai see u Baba.... Triple updates we av gat hia cheesy
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Akposb(m): 8:07am On Aug 03, 2015
Well done sir.. you have a nice work here
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:02pm On Aug 03, 2015
Audrey rested on the wall close to the window, allowing the flickers of rays from the early Sun penetrate through the weak darkness making its abode in the cold room as she watched Hammy sleep so peacefully on the white sheet bed. She watched as Hammy stir so innocently across the bed in a bid to grasp the fading sleep by its ankles, adjusting the bed covers as she sought to protect her fragile body from the onslaught of the morning cold.

Audrey could only watch.

The event of the previous night played right before her eyes and she wished she could understand what the hell happened and why it happened so quick. She had noticed her friend shriek at the sight of Richard and she wonder what was so strong to have placed her in that state.

She needed answers, yet the answers were still sleeping on her bed.

A mild breeze stepped into the room and kissed the bare back of the sleeping beauty, causing her to stir gently and slowly opening her eyes to the realisation of a new day. She let out a smile.

Hammy looked towards the window and her gaze was locked on the smiling face of Audrey. She's really beautiful, Hammy thought within herself and for the first time, she wondered why her friend wasn't attracting many suitors. She felt a need to help her friend in that aspect but that would require her giving up all the attention she gets, something she wasn't ready to part with yet.

Hammy got to a sitting position as she yawned without restriction. She must have overslept.

Audrey watched with keen expression as she impatiently waited for the answers. She could hold back anymore.
"Hammy, what was last night all about?"

The sitting smile on Hammy's lips took its leave as Hammy stared at her friend.

"What happened last night?" She managed to ask.

"Last night. At the restaurant. Richard and Nathan ish?"

"Oh!" That's all she could manage to say.

Audrey looked at her in amazement, "What the hell is 'OH'?"

Hammy kept mute as she lowered her legs to the floor and rubbed her face with her palms.

"Okay," Audrey continued, "What's the deal with Richard?"

Hammy looked at her for a brief spell before stuttering, "Not-- nothing."

"You can't tell me there is nothing. Since when did we start lying to ourselves?"

"You won't understand." Hammy finally let out as her gaze returned to the floor.

Audrey staggered a bit, praying it wasn't what she feared it to be. She was beginning to like Richard and she wouldn't anything to stop the flow. She walked over to the bed and sat, facing the sober Hammy.

"Tell me. What is it?" Audrey asked calmly.

Hammy exhaled heavily as her gaze remained glued to the ground.
"I slept with Richard."

Time paused, the wind stood still and Audrey opened her mouth in utter shock. No one could measure the amount of time that flew by as both ladies remained still.

Audrey finally found strength to close her mouth and her eyes as little droplets of tears escaped it shackles. She managed to still calm as she opened her eyes again.

"So you slept with him?"

"Yes, I did."

"When was that?"

"The night he rescued us from thos guys. Honestly, I did not know how it happened."

Audrey could only shake her head.

"Is that why you are always afraid of him?"

Hammy kept quiet.

"Oh my god! You like Nathan and you think he would tell Nate because it seems like they are both friends?"

"That's not the issue." Hammy's voice cracked as she responded.

"Then what's the matter? Because you are always scared when you hear his name."

Hammy eyes remained glued to the ground.

"What is the matter Hammy?" Audrey raised her voice a bit, causing Hammy to stare at her with teary eyes.

"Because I am pregnant." Hammy finally said and broke down in tears.

"Bloody angels." Audrey whispered.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Kitme(f): 10:25pm On Aug 03, 2015
Crap! Pregnant??
Wow, this is just the beginning, history is......
Nice one, biters.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by Skimpledawg(m): 12:20am On Aug 04, 2015
Jeez! Pregnant? Just one round? shocked.....

Richard is d man. grin... D kind of hatred both guys will have for themselves is unimaginable.... Tanx for d brief update theo... More brilliance to ya brain cells
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:14pm On Aug 25, 2015
EPISODE 8
Nothing Normal.

The wind danced violently across the busy street as golden dusts painted the quiet atmosphere. The two ladies shielded their naked eyes against the onslaught of the nagging wind as they sought shelter in the busy cafeteria.

They walked through the myriads of both familiar and unfamiliar faces, paying no attention to them, they found an empty spot to perch.

They dropped their bogus black leather bags as they took their seats.
After a brief moment, the fair damsel shot to her feet, as she made her way to the counter to place a order for a meal for both her and her friend.

As she made an interaction with the seller, a young pretty lady stepped on her index toe and yet, offered no apology.
Audrey could only stare at her and imagine what sought of human she was.
The look on the lady's face was marred with sore displeasure and distorted vibes rammed Audrey's senses. Audrey could only wonder if they both have had any unresolved issue.

The meal was served and before Audrey could have the chance to lash out at the lady, her dark friend beckoned on her. Audrey picked up the plate of Fried chips and walked away, but turned to steal a last look at the lady, who was staring back at her like a nightmare.

Audrey placed the plates on the table and shook her head in disbelief, prompting her dark friend to stare at her.

"What was that all about?" Hammy finally broke the silence.

"I had no idea." Audrey responded.

"Really?"

"Well, that lady", Audrey turned and pointed at the lady who she had just had a moment with a while ago, "She stepped on my toe and still acted like she had the right to do so."

"Where is she?" Hammy inquired.

"Over there." Audrey pointed towards the counter at the young beautiful fair lady.

"Let me go and deal with her." Hammy prepared to get on her feet but Audrey quickly refrained her.

"Are you alright? You know you are pregnant? So you had better take it easy."

Hammy sat defeated on the chair as she played with her fork.
"You will not allow me to rest because I am pregnant?"

Audrey giggled with vivacity as she remembered how she had earlier sworn to outwit her best friend in choosing a man to love but suddenly she had found herself trying to make her friend happy.

"So what will you do with the pregnancy?" Audrey finally asked.

A brief a silence engulfed between the ladies and when it was over, Hammy looked at Audrey with so much disgust' perhaps for the foetus in her womb, and with every nerve she could grasp at, she finally said without remorse,
"Abort it."

The stainless fork managed to find it way out of Audrey's hand as it landed on the ceramic white plate, causing a clash sound to fill the atmosphere.
Heads turned her direction, but she remained oblivion of their attention as she stared speechless at her friend. It took about a minute for a dose of reality to be injected into her as she stared down at her plate and picked her fork.

"Are you insane?" Audrey finally found her voice. "Why would you think of such?"

Hammy looked at her like someone who was asked if she really knew her name.
"What kind of question is that?" Hammy fired. "Is this the first time something like this is happening? Or am I the first person it is happening to?"

Audrey could only look in disbelief.
"Bu-- but have you made mention of it to Richard?"

"No, I haven't and I don't want to either."

"Why?"

"Of what use will it be?" Hammy asked as she dropped her fork.

"I don't understand." Audrey shook her head.

"If I tell him, what will it solve? Rather he would look at me with disgust and may soon hate me and then reject me."

"Holy heavens!! You haven't even told him, yet you are thinking for him. Are you sure you are really thinking at all?"

Hammy eyes became teary as she fixed her gaze on her friend.
"Babe, I swear, I can't afford to loose Richard."

Audrey opened her mouth but couldn't find her voice, giving Hammy the chance to continue.

"I really like Richard and I wouldn't be able to bear it if he suddenly hates me or reject me. Trust me, I believe that if he finds out that I had an abortion for him, he would understand that I did it for his future."

Audrey shook her head slowly as the words floated into her ear space. Her friend must be really demented to be thinking this way. She knew whenever her friend's mind was made up about something, it can't be changed, but she wasn't willing to see her walk down that path.

"But try and tell him first." Audrey weakly said.

"No, I won't."

"Just try." Audrey begged.

Hammy shook her head vehemently, "No, I won't and that's final."

Both ladies returned their stares to their plates and in silence, they devoured what ever that remained on the plate.

Richard dropped his phone to the bed as his fingers played with his head. He was definitely feeling some intense pressure from nowhere.
He rested on the wall as he began a journey through the prevailing thoughts that harboured his brains. Life indeed must be crazy, he thought.

He turned just in time to see his door swing open as Nathan appeared in sight. He had come to find some respite in his new friend and he wondered if it would last a long time.

"Hey man. What's good?" Nate broke the silence as he offered to shake his hand.

"I'm okay." Richard returned the shake as he sat on the chair backing his wall mirror.

"You look exhausted. Hope no problem?" Nate inquired.

"Nah. It's nothing. Just tired. Hope you are good anyway?"

"Yea, I guess."

"You guess?"

"Yea. You know after last night and the whole incident that played out, I guess I was finding it out hard to comprehend what happened."

Richard chuckled. "Wish I could understand it too myself. I mean, it was so weird."

"Yea, it was. I was caught off guard by that."

"True bro. Speaking of being caught off guard, can I request a favour from you? I know it is impromptu."

"Come on, go ahead." Nate urged.

"My mother funeral service is coming up next week. I would like if you, you know, come for it."

"Come on. You didn't have to ask. You know I would there. What are friends for if we can't count on each other.

"Thanks bro." Richard felt a bit elated. "It would mean the world to me."

"Nah, it's nothing. You would do the same if it were my situation. At least, we would be back before our final exams begins.

"Yea, we will. I really can't wait to leave this school. My life has been hell in this school." Richard said as he clenched his fists.

"You can say that again. Nate heaved as he let out. "Alright bro, let me put somethings in other, I would see you later."

"Sure." Richard rose to his feet as he half embraced Nate before walking him to the door.

Richard was left alone in the room as his thoughts came crawling back from oblivion and infested his brains once again. Truly, life could really make some people go crazy.
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2015
The orange Sun cast its golden blankets across the horizon as it prepared it hand over the reins to the milky Moon. The evening breeze blew with calmness as Audrey walked alone into the library.

Her face was set towards the library as she strode along the path created by beds of flowers on both sides, adorning the library compound. She remained oblivion of people as they walked past her but it took a great deal of luck for the corner of her eyes to catch the glint of a figure seated just outside the library. She turned sideways and immediately, a sour taste was found in her mouth.

She had recognised the lady that was seated alone, for it was the very lady that had stepped on her toe while she was at the cafeteria. She had this burning urge to walk over to the lady and leave the imprint of her fingers on her chubby cheeks but as she made to go, a familiar voice called out to her. She ignored the voice, having only one thing in mind, she hastened her steps. The voice called out her name again, this time it was louder than the usual, prompting the female figure seated to take off her eyes from the book in her hands and smile. Audrey stopped in her tracks, turning around to see who the lady was smiling at, only to see Nathan standing under the bright library light. Audrey turned back to the lady seated, only to be greeted with a look of disgust, but soon turned back to Nathan as he called out to her again. She abandoned her prey and walked over to Nathan as she felt her heart clenched.

"I have been calling you for a very long time." Nathan casually said as Audrey was still about 7 feet away from him.
Her face wasn't the bright and happy spirited face he had come to admire, but he could still see the her beauty underneath the frown.

"Are you okay? Is everything alright?" Nathan probed.

Audrey shook her head in disbelief as she scanned him from top to his feet and top again.
"Men, always the same."

Nathan looked confused at the allegation as he tried to imagine if he had offended her.
"What is that all about?"

"Are you not a friend to Richard?" Audrey asked.

"Yes, I am.
"And what has that got to do with anything?"

Audrey just gazed at him in bewilderment, "And you like my friend Hammy, right?"

"Well, yea, I do."

Audrey shook her head slowly, pondering if Nathan was pretending not to have the same information she had.

"So?" Nathan asked impatiently. "What has both of them have to do with all the questions?"

"So, he hasn't told you anything yet?' Audrey quizzed.

"Was he suppose to tell me anything?" Nathan inquired impatiently.

Audrey stared at him, pondering on whether to tell him about Hammy's pregnancy or not. She had a feeling the news would destroy him and his friendship with Richard but she was determined to protect her own friend.

"Well......." She began to say but Nathan hastily interrupted her.

"Whatever it is, I don't think Richard is a bad person. Not because he is my friend but because I know he has a good heart."

Audrey could only remain mute as listened.

Nathan continued, "Right now, Richard is going through a lot and he needs all the support he can get."

"What is the matter with him?" Audrey's displeasure was gradually fading away.

"He lost his mother and next week is the funeral service."

Audrey felt a knot in her tummy. Her disgust for Richard suddenly disappeared. Maybe Hammy was right after all. It was for his future.

"I am so sorry for that. I had no idea." Audrey apologised.

"Nah, it's nothing. I would be attending the funeral with him. Do you mind coming?"

"It would depend on my schedule, but I do hope to attend. Let me see how things would turn out." Audrey calmly spoke.

"Alright then. I will see you around." Nathan heaved as he bid farewell, leaving Audrey with her thoughts.

Audrey turned away from the library as she made to go back to her room but her eyes met with the distasteful look of the seated lady. She must be demented, Audrey thought as she hurried back to her room.

The Sun had retired to bed, leaving Hammy alone in the kitchen as she prepared dinner. Normally, she would have preferred to eat out in a restaurant, but for some inexplicable reasons, she had the urge to cook her meal herself. She smiled as she stirred the stew. It's been an awful long time since she 'played' in the kitchen, as her mom would call it, and she felt a bit ladylike to be engaged in the act. She knew she had missed the feeling of cooking.

The door at main entrance gave a squeak as someone opened it and closed it after gaining entrance into the apartment. Hammy wondered who it was as she wasn't expecting any visitor.
She got out of the kitchen, only to see Audrey placing her books and bag on the bed as she beckoned on her to come close.

Wasn't she suppose to be at the library, Hammy thought as she went back into the kitchen to turn off the gas cooker.

"What are you doing here?" Hammy quizzed as she stepped out of the kitchen.

"Come first." Audrey said, dragging Hammy's hands as she sat on the rumpled bed.

"You are not reading again this night?" Hammy asked still.

"Wait. That can wait. Something else is important."

"What is that?" Hammy became curious.

"It's Richard."

Hammy straightened her body. "What happened to him?"

"Do you know his mother is dead?"

"You say what?!" Hammy eyes shot wide open. "How can you say something like that?"

Audrey looked at Hammy with a frown on her face. "Nathan told me this evening."

"Oh my god!! So it is true?" Hammy voice cracked as tears began to form beneath her eyes. "What will he do now?"

Audrey patted Hammy on the back as she tried consoling her. "Well, the burial is coming up soon and I think it would mean the world to him is we attend it."

"Yea, I guess." Hammy managed to say. "I guess we have to make preparations towards that day then."

"I guess so, but one more thing." Audrey cut in.

"What is that?"

"Nathan is coming also."

"Shit!"

"What is that?" Audrey frowned.

"I can't go."

"And why is that?"

"You are asking me as if you don't know."

"But come on, you are going to offer your condolence not to start a love war."

"Drey, just forget it. I don't want to make it all about me that day." Hammy said as she stood and walked into the kitchen.

Audrey could only shake her head as she watch Hammy disappear into the kitchen. She picked her phone and dialled a familiar number.

Mr. Sam gulped the remaining scotch in his glass as he paced around the room. The television was on but rarely had success in gaining his attention. Random thoughts littered his brain, making him gulp down more scotch. He missed having a female presence in his life and recently, he thought his life would soon go off the cliff.

Just as he thought of retiring to bed, his phone rang.

"Ah, Nathan boy." He answered.

"Hey dad."

"Why are you calling this late, any problem?"

"No sir. Just wanted to tell you about a funeral service I would be attending next week."

"Funeral service? Of who?"

"A friend's mom."

"I see." Sam said as he stroke his bears. "When is this holding?"

"Next week."

"Alright. Just be careful...."

While he was still speaking, Nathan ended the call. Mr. Sam smiled, he knew his son hated having a conversation with him.

Sam looked around as he bid the sitting room farewell. His eyes were already heavy and his body ached. Scanning for any irregularities, his eyes shot wide open as he saw the calender on the wall. He walked across the room and stood before the calender, examining the dates.
He froze on the spot as his eyes caught a date.

"Shit!!" He shouted, prompting his voice to travel through the dead night.

"Fucking shit!!"

Sam placed his hands on his waist as his eyes drifted around the room. A thought kept playing in his head, causing his body to quake with a dose of fear.

"Like hell will I let that happen." Sam kept screaming to no one in particular.

"Hell no. Not while I am alive."
Re: Eagles, Hawks And Vultures: A Violent Affair by theorbiters: 10:40pm On Aug 25, 2015
Akposb:
Well done sir.. you have a nice work here
It's good to have you here, bro, but why did you stop that story you were writing? I was actually loving it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Must Read: Commynity Slut….our New Neighbours / A Most Tragic And Romantic Story / Ola Rotimi Plagiarize Sophocles' Oedipus Rex In The Gods Are Not To Blame

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 177
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.