Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,042 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks (48399 Views)

South African Netflorist Is Uncomfortable Selling To A Nigerian Man / 120 South African Companies In Nigeria Risk Attacks / Nigeria’s Oil Fields Face Shutdown Amid Price Slump (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
guttentag:

You are a big Fool, I am sure you are one of those barbarian called south African

Ur popa fool...Besides i have 2 sisters working over there.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by ddefoe: 5:39pm On Apr 17, 2015
South Africa is the only country I know that uses violence against migrants.I don't know of any other nation...
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 5:40pm On Apr 17, 2015
Banter1:
what are you saying dude? What about does ones the south Africans are killing and destroying their business, won't they feed their family too? Common dude!

And sooo¿
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Sunday8650: 5:41pm On Apr 17, 2015
chillykelly86:
Its not good for any country to be threatening or implying threats to foreign companies.

Other foreign companies are watching.
It may seem a nice idea to you to teach the South Africans a lesson but how will it seem to other foreign companies?

In most of these cases, it the govt's position that weighs so much. And as far as I know, the South African govt has condemned the xenophobic attacks and are doing well to arrest the situation.
they are doing nothing all those things you see is for show. Even the police supports these people. And release those in their custody at any given time.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by klevjey: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:
Thousands of Nigerians feed their family through MTN....So,the government should look for another means of tackling the situation,rather than retaliating with "An eye for an eye"

don't worry...they will get employed by GLO.... but...empty hen must go
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Sunday8650: 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:

Ur popa fool...Besides i have 2 sisters working over there.
This is y he said u are a south African. If your sister is attacked and hurt. What will be your stance by then. Always think twice before you say anything. The 14 year boy they killed was someone son.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by sniperr007(m): 5:45pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:
Thousands of Nigerians feed their family through MTN....So,the government should look for another means of tackling the situation,rather than retaliating with "An eye for an eye"

U ve a point but south African government encourages dis attacks, even d police der r xenophobes. Until other Africa countries treat south African interests like rubbish,dey wont respect other blk Africans.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by gerald09(m): 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2015
More bad news for. SA as best economy in Africa is more Great news for Nigeria. Shot everything down they have insulted us enough with horrible network connection and high dstv rate, close it down
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by nonjebose(m): 5:47pm On Apr 17, 2015
Halimi24:
u are dumb.what is so difficult 2 understand in d post??mumu
@post d ngrian govt has no right 2 just close foreign biznesses in ngr.it could discourage other foreign investors from making a foray into d country.is mtn,shoprite or multichoice a sponsor of d xenophobic attacks in deir countries of origin??how can they be held responsible 4 d actions of deir illiterate countrymen??
The problem here is this is not a one off event. As far as I recollect,this is the second time this is happening. The last time, our family friend was narrowly spared by the father-in law, a south african. Closing down their biz interest will send a message to them.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by klevjey: 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
bakjal:
MTN and Multichoice r jst companies of some individuals,should Nigeria frustrate dem, millions of Nigerians will suffer d effect.
Think wisely before any action.

y does my anus tells me u r a south African?? u must go....emptyhen must go

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Banter1(m): 5:50pm On Apr 17, 2015
tohero:

Cutting the head off is not a solution to headache!

I still can't understand a word you're saying. Oh oh oh...I think you or any of your family member is benefiting from MTN or DSTV. If not i don't think you would speak the way you're doing right now. #IrestMyCase
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by ritababe(f): 5:51pm On Apr 17, 2015
sauceny:

And so,stop talking like an illiterate & show me the video,by posting the link over here¿

i cant post the link but u wil find it at naijauncutdotcom
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by BlueMagic2(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
The "BLACK" race is the worst, most pathetic and appalling race in the world.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Banter1(m): 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
I know one thing for sure, Startimes will make us proud some days by giving us live premier league matches. Until then, I rest my case.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Sunday8650: 5:53pm On Apr 17, 2015
gsainttrinity:

Please, tell our illiterate country men and stupid government officials.
Although I believe nigerian government cannot do such a thing its senseless.
The person you are quoting have people working in mtn. She is just talking on emotions not objective. When NNPC was shutdown did people lose their jobs. The statement here is to close south African businesses here, till the safety of Nigerians are guarantee by SA government. After which MTN and others may resume operations.

This is the statement we are making. Are you losing your job if dstv close for one month so your brothers in South Africa will be given diplomatic attention.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Bonuwa: 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
Na so we go de send letters till der finish nigerian der. Hmmmmmm continue sendn ooooo
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 17, 2015
ritababe:

i cant post the link but u wil find it at naijauncutdotcom

Thanks
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by nonjebose(m): 5:56pm On Apr 17, 2015
busybrain88:
I don't blame dem,personally I tink nigerians re d major pipo being targeted in S A.d attack on oda african nationals were just a decoy.S A hates us for simply being d biggest economy in africa.a frnd of mine complains dat his S A frnds usually use derogriatory terms to refer to Nigerians callin us fraudsters,scammers and referring to GEJ as a weak president.d hatred they have for us is as a result of our being richer dan dem.how I wish our revenue were utilized wisely,den nobody would have being leavin nigeria.
It is not possible for everybody stay in the country. SA are just being silly thinking they can be do without other nations.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sunday8650:

This is y he said u are a south African. If your sister is attacked and hurt. What will be your stance by then. Always think twice before you say anything. The 14 year boy they killed was someone son.

Wise men don't take "an eye for an eye"...But rather would plan a strategic strategy to deal with you,were it hurts the most.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by leanalyst: 5:57pm On Apr 17, 2015
It wouldn't be a bad idea, just many lives would be affected. But if it has to be done for South African leaders to sit up and take action, then it has to be done.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by supaslim(m): 5:59pm On Apr 17, 2015
ziqqz:
What took you so long?

Send them packing and give our own Nigerian companies a chance to expand.

Eject MTN ==> Expand GLO
Eject DSTV ==> Return HiTV (Or encourage a new Nigerian Satellite TV provider)
Eject SHOPRITE ==> Encourage MAMA PUT

To hell with South Africa. I'm just imagining the whites sitting back rubbing their palms and thinking "just look at these black imbe.ciles; now let them kill each other since we were not good enough to kill them!"
. Oh cum take a hug nigga!!! #Nohomo

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by lozanni(m): 6:00pm On Apr 17, 2015
BiHung:
Good idea...

But in other news:

Let us advise GMB to shun the May28 dinner organised by GEJ. #SayNoToOneChance

Be civil my friend, these dinners are meant to promote harmony and understanding among our politicians.
Politics is not a do or die affair, the elections have been won and lost, its time to face governance issues that impact on our daily lives.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by klevjey: 6:01pm On Apr 17, 2015
chillykelly86:
Its not good for any country to be threatening or implying threats to foreign companies.

Other foreign companies are watching.
It may seem a nice idea to you to teach the South Africans a lesson but how will it seem to other foreign companies?

In most of these cases, it the govt's position that weighs so much. And as far as I know, the South African govt has condemned the xenophobic attacks and are doing well to arrest the situation.
must u comment it isn't compulsory naa
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Nobody: 6:02pm On Apr 17, 2015
lozanni:

Be civil my friend, these dinners are meant to promote harmony and understanding among our politicians.
Politics is not a do or die affair, the elections have been won and lost, its time to face governance issues that impact on our daily lives.
hmmmmm egbon...say no to one chance..
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by nonjebose(m): 6:03pm On Apr 17, 2015
Sunday8650:

The person you are quoting have people working in mtn. She is just talking on emotions not objective. When NNPC was shutdown did people lose their jobs. The statement here is to close south African businesses here, till the safety of Nigerians are guarantee by SA government. After which MTN and others may resume operations.

This is the statement we are making. Are you losing your job if dstv close for one month so your brothers in South Africa will be given diplomatic attention.
Even if they discontinue doing biz in nigeria for the noble reason of nigerian govt prorecting her citizens,investments from other countries will only increase
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by MEILYN(m): 6:04pm On Apr 17, 2015
Please @Sukkot, could you please open a thread and tell us why South Africans despise their fellow blacks and worship the whites who ones kept them in captivity (Apatheid)?

The Bible must have something to say about this, only you can answer this question and I know this because I trust you must have thought out something about what is happening.
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by klevjey: 6:07pm On Apr 17, 2015
989900:

Emotionally, we can all react, but governments/diplomats don't act on emotions, 'cause that won't solve the very sad issues at hand

And those companies here, are not here illegally, nor are they sponsoring, or cheering them on.

Hundreds of foreigners (Nigerians included), if not thousands, have registered-functioning companies too in SA.

Even, when countries go to war against each other, that doesn't automatically mean companies owned by the other warring party are automatically shut down.

ma guy keep quiet...Wetin u sabi??
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Layonle(f): 6:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Halimi24:
u are dumb.what is so difficult 2 understand in d post??mumu
@post d ngrian govt has no right 2 just close foreign biznesses in ngr.it could discourage other foreign investors from making a foray into d country.is mtn,shoprite or multichoice a sponsor of d xenophobic attacks in deir countries of origin??how can they be held responsible 4 d actions of deir illiterate countrymen??
did I hear juz hear u say Nigerian govt dn't av d rightful right 2 shut down 4eign bizness in 9ja 'it could discourage other foreign investors from making a foray into d country' so d act dt z bin put up by South Africans in dir country wldn't discourage 4eign investment?did u eva tink dt dz same South Africans can try dz devilish act wit any American citizen#4 once our gr8 z tryin so hard 2 do d nidful n u r here more concerned abt 4eign investment,must dey continue 2 tk us 4 a fool 4eva.....oda countries killing Nigerians in oda countries witout anytin bin done........refresh ur memory wit Ashiat Falode's son's case,who wz killed in Dublin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by onyxo76(m): 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
signs of the end times-perilous times !
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by ehis05(m): 6:09pm On Apr 17, 2015
Make dem start wit mtn den enter dstv
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by LastProphet: 6:13pm On Apr 17, 2015
sixtus3606:

What is this this one talking sef?

So what are u saying? You didnt understand what he was saying?
Re: Nigeria Wants To Shutdown South African Businesses Over Xenophobic Attacks by Halimi24: 6:17pm On Apr 17, 2015
Layonle:
did I hear juz hear u say Nigerian govt dn't av d rightful right 2 shut down 4eign bizness in 9ja 'it could discourage other foreign investors from making a foray into d country' so d act dt z bin put up by South Africans in dir country wldn't discourage 4eign investment?did u eva tink dt dz same South Africans can try dz devilish act wit any American citizen#4 once our gr8 z tryin so hard 2 do d nidful n u r here more concerned abt 4eign investment,must dey continue 2 tk us 4 a fool 4eva.....oda countries killing Nigerians in oda countries witout anytin bin done........refresh ur memory wit Ashiat Falode's son's case,who wz killed in Dublin
Always be prepared b4 tackling my posts.why do u think google has a company in ireland but doesn't have any in somalia??no bizness man/woman would want 2 invest in an environment where deir biznesses are at a risk.Attack any foreign bizness in ngr at ur whim&companies like microsoft,nike,amazon&apple inc opening branches in ngr will continue 2 be a mirage.
Aisha falode son was killed in dubai not dublin.Got it darling??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Th / Cecilia Ibru's Son Rode Dies At 34 / Top 20 Richest & Poorest Countries In The World's $94 Trillion Economy (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.