Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,820 members, 7,820,885 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Why Has Ezekwezili Not Denounce Time Magazine's List Of 100 Influential Persons - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Has Ezekwezili Not Denounce Time Magazine's List Of 100 Influential Persons (888 Views)

Linda Ikeji, Buhari, Dangote And Others Make New Africa Magazine List / Oby Ezekwezili, Her Barber,the Chibok Girls & The Tales By Moonlight - Edgar / Shekau On Time’s 100 Influential Persons List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Has Ezekwezili Not Denounce Time Magazine's List Of 100 Influential Persons by Idokojimmy: 4:14pm On Apr 17, 2015
When I read the names published by Times Magazine on the list of 100 most influential persons on earth, with Oby EZEKWESILI featuring along with Abubakar Shekau, I was full of expectations that Madam Oby would, in a moral fashion dissociate herself from the Magazine particularly because of her campaign against boko haram and her commendable quest for the release of the abducted Chibok school girls.

Although, the Magazine claims that the list considers the activities of the nominees irrespective of their consequences, one expects them to sustain existing practice where Terrorist elements, instead of making the list of most influential persons are given the RED X COVER PAGE as in the case of Osama Bin Laden, Adolf Hitler and AL-Zarqawi. Recall that Bin Laden and Al-Zarqawi were all given the RED X for their terrorist acts. The later was specifically described by the US as the scourge of IRAQ in 2006 before he was featured by the Magazine as the RED X. He was eventually killed by US airstrike.

rather than give Shekau the RED X for his heinous activities, the Magazine appears to be celebrating an individual that pose grave danger to our national security. The Magazine has forgotten how many thousand souls have been killed, maimed, abducted and displaced bu these criminals.

As a moral being, the list is a litmus test for the sincerity of Bring Back Our Girls Campaign. The campaign has built a new image for OBY. I expect her to do something and send a strong signal to those celebrating terrorism. But if she savours the list, we shall continue to watch, pray and decide.
Re: Why Has Ezekwezili Not Denounce Time Magazine's List Of 100 Influential Persons by imbless: 4:25pm On Apr 17, 2015
rolleyes)__l";;
Re: Why Has Ezekwezili Not Denounce Time Magazine's List Of 100 Influential Persons by coolitempa(f): 4:26pm On Apr 17, 2015
Idokojimmy:
When I read the names published by Times Magazine on the list of 100 most influential persons on earth, with Oby EZEKWESILI featuring along with Abubakar Shekau, I was full of expectations that Madam Oby would, in a moral fashion dissociate herself from the Magazine particularly because of her campaign against boko haram and her commendable quest for the release of the abducted Chibok school girls.

Although, the Magazine claims that the list considers the activities of the nominees irrespective of their consequences, one expects them to sustain existing practice where Terrorist elements, instead of making the list of most influential persons are given the RED X COVER PAGE as in the case of Osama Bin Laden, Adolf Hitler and AL-Zarqawi. Recall that Bin Laden and Al-Zarqawi were all given the RED X for their terrorist acts. The later was specifically described by the US as the scourge of IRAQ in 2006 before he was featured by the Magazine as the RED X. He was eventually killed by US airstrike.

rather than give Shekau the RED X for his heinous activities, the Magazine appears to be celebrating an individual that pose grave danger to our national security. The Magazine has forgotten how many thousand souls have been killed, maimed, abducted and displaced bu these criminals.

As a moral being, the list is a litmus test for the sincerity of Bring Back Our Girls Campaign. The campaign has built a new image for OBY. I expect her to do something and send a strong signal to those celebrating terrorism. But if she savours the list, we shall continue to watch, pray and decide.

go find work do....jobless rat.... grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Has Ezekwezili Not Denounce Time Magazine's List Of 100 Influential Persons by santori: 4:42pm On Apr 17, 2015
what's stopping you? ode

Idokojimmy:

Re: Why Has Ezekwezili Not Denounce Time Magazine's List Of 100 Influential Persons by HammedSodiqq: 6:20pm On Apr 17, 2015
coolitempa:

go find work do....jobless rat.... grin

Hmmmmm some people lack intellectual capacity to engage in rational exercise.

1 Like

Re: Why Has Ezekwezili Not Denounce Time Magazine's List Of 100 Influential Persons by AustineE1: 7:05pm On Apr 17, 2015
Op!you ve said it all,ever since i heard of Shekau making that list,i felt insulted,i thought this is a serious insult to Nigeria and black race in general,it is the height of mans inhumanity to his fellow man......what the f*ck are this white goons taking us to be.
I have said it,America and the entire west,seriously has a stake in the crisis in Nigeria,first they predicted our disintergration by 2015,as if that was not enough,they did everything to stop us from arming our soldiers against the terrorists and now,it is TIME mag celebrating terrorism in Nigeria.
Re: Why Has Ezekwezili Not Denounce Time Magazine's List Of 100 Influential Persons by Nobody: 7:38pm On Apr 17, 2015
Moral fashion my foot ...assuming Gej was listed now you won't make noise

(1) (Reply)

APC Approaching PDP Senior Members With Phantom Promises, Threats; PDP Alleges / What Is Your View On This Photo / Throwback Pics Of Obasanjo When He Was Nigerian President

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.