Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) - TV/Movies (214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) (1238274 Views)

DC Extended Universe (TV) / Dc Universe Vs Marvel : character matchups ,you Decide the winners / Marvel Cinematic Universe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (1543) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 6:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
Eyedea:

Before Aquaman fully came out I saw a tweet from one Snyder fan complaining that James Wan didn't give Zach Snyder enough credit.
Well, it depends. Snyder was responsible for the casting and some of aquaman's backstory. So he deserves some. It's just that right now the DCEU is two parts: Snyderverse and post-snyderverse.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 6:47pm On Dec 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Well, it depends. Snyder was responsible for the casting and some of aquaman's backstory. So he deserves some. It's just that right now the DCEU is two parts: Snyderverse and post-snyderverse.
And he also cast Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor LMAO, and I don't even like Ezra Miller's flash.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:21pm On Dec 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
You haven't, but stop deriding other D.C films because dude's not involved. If you keep doing that, I'll come at you.
Derision of other DC films? Whatever happened to my right to critique a film I don't like? You see, the same thing you accuse me of doing is the very thing you do. I prefer Snyder, you don't like him, that's fair enough. We don't have to necessarily be on the same page on this, dude.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 7:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
TonySpike:

Derision of other DC films? Whatever happened to my right to critique a film I don't like? You see, the same thing you accuse me of doing is the very thing you do. I prefer Snyder, you don't like him, that's fair enough. We don't have to necessarily be on the same page on this, dude.
Wrong! I don't hate Snyder, I just don't like the fact that you want his style of filming to be applied on all upcoming D.C entries. Shiit don't roll like that, his "show not tell", "symbolic" and "visualistic coupled with dour atmosphere" style of filming might have worked for MoS and BvS, but that stuff can't work for Shazam, WW and maybe possibly Aqua man. Only difference between me and you is that I think the guy should handle some particular projects, while you feel he should be in charge of everything despite his track record and weaknesses. I might be wrong, but your statements so far have inferred such. undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 7:48pm On Dec 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Wrong! I don't hate Snyder, I just don't like the fact that you want his style of filming to be applied on all upcoming D.C entries. Shit don't roll like that, his "show not tell", "symbolic" and "visualistic coupled with dour atmosphere" style of filming might have worked for MoS and BvS, but that stuff can't work for Shazam, WW and maybe possibly Aqua man. O

Okay bro. Noted.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 9:08pm On Dec 29, 2018
BlackManta:
I haven't seen the movie but I found this picture on instagram.
It cracked me up, I'm not a big fan of humor and cheesy stuff but at least some of it was done right. grin grin
Very funny... @Drunk!!!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Panther7(m): 9:15pm On Dec 29, 2018
Aquaman was great, nice movie to be honest but what is it with DC always using their mothers to separate fight.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Panther7(m): 9:17pm On Dec 29, 2018
Aquaman get post credit scenes ooooo

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2018
Panther7:
Aquaman get post credit scenes ooooo
Will see it on monday.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2018
BlackManta:
I haven't seen the movie but I found this picture on instagram.
It cracked me up, I'm not a big fan of humor and cheesy stuff but at least some of it was done right. grin grin
mhen that scene was funny. Atlanteans bo0king bets based on odds. Lol. There are many other scenes with subtle hum0ur too.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2018
Eyedea:

And he also cast Jesse Eisenberg as Luthor LMAO, and I don't even like Ezra Miller's flash.
yea many people didn't like Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jas0n m0m0a, henry cavill when he cast them. We barely saw Jesse as a full fledged Luthor and what's with Ezra's Flash u d0n't like? Oh, he's a fan of the cw version. Ok, here is the thing. There was backlash when Grant Gustin was 1st cast as Barry Allen, but right n0w, people think he's the flash!
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 10:44pm On Dec 29, 2018
Raalsalghul:
Wrong! I don't hate Snyder, I just don't like the fact that you want his style of filming to be applied on all upcoming D.C entries. Shiit don't roll like that, his "show not tell", "symbolic" and "visualistic coupled with dour atmosphere" style of filming might have worked for MoS and BvS, but that stuff can't work for Shazam, WW and maybe possibly Aqua man. Only difference between me and you is that I think the guy should handle some particular projects, while you feel he should be in charge of everything despite his track record and weaknesses. I might be wrong, but your statements so far have inferred such. undecided undecided undecided undecided
here is the thing. In all h0nesty, ur posts regarding Snyder have been antagonistic rather than objective. Its only in s0me cases u tend to be kind.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Raalsalghul: 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2018
Minemrys:

here is the thing. In all h0nesty, ur posts regarding Snyder have been antagonistic rather than objective. Its only in s0me cases u tend to be kind.
At least, I'm objective in some cases. But you and Tony have been against every film not involving Snyder. If I can remember well, you wanted WB to reboot the universe because dude's not involved. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by blingxx(m): 4:02am On Dec 30, 2018
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by blingxx(m): 4:06am On Dec 30, 2018
Panther7:
Aquaman was great, nice movie to be honest but what is it with DC always using their mothers to separate fight.

Shit... I just notice this too grin... The heroes mother is always involved in everything, bats mom died, super mom died, Diana mom(a goddess) played a major role, Barry Allen lost his mom, author curry's mom is a queen grin... Too many moms in every heroes background
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 5:43am On Dec 30, 2018
Minemrys:

yea many people didn't like Ben Affleck, Gal Gadot, Jas0n m0m0a, henry cavill when he cast them. We barely saw Jesse as a full fledged Luthor and what's with Ezra's Flash u d0n't like? Oh, he's a fan of the cw version. Ok, here is the thing. There was backlash when Grant Gustin was 1st cast as Barry Allen, but right n0w, people think he's the flash!
I don't need to see more from Jesse as Lex abeg. And from the hair to the slim body of Ezra Miller he doesn't feel like the flash to me.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:49am On Dec 30, 2018
Eyedea:

I don't need to see more from Jesse as Lex abeg. And from the hair to the slim body of Ezra Miller he doesn't feel like the flash to me.
you can still fire them.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 7:54am On Dec 30, 2018
Raalsalghul:
At least, I'm objective in some cases. But you and Tony have been against every film not involving Snyder. If I can remember well, you wanted WB to reboot the universe because dude's not involved. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Yea, but atleast i didn't dwell on hate. I only wanted what was best for the Dceu. A straight narrative shared am0ngst films n0t a jumbled franchise produced without a sense of creativity. Either with or with0ut Snyder, s0me0ne willing to do a good job. That's why i wanted a reboot or a cancellati0n.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 8:00am On Dec 30, 2018
blingxx:

Shit... I just notice this too grin... The heroes mother is always involved in everything, bats mom died, super mom died, Diana mom(a goddess) played a major role, Barry Allen lost his mom, author curry's mom is a queen grin... Too many moms in every heroes background
Clark's m0ther is very much alive. That's superhero ficti0n for you. Spidey's parents died, Ir0nman's parents died, they either get involved in s0me accident or tragedy.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Blonchilli(m): 8:12am On Dec 30, 2018
philfearon:

He is human, with all the human limitations bro; thats what makes him Batman.
I don't get the unfair criticism of bale batman. Nolan said time without numbers that it was a grounded universe. Superman and a justice league won't work there
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 8:25am On Dec 30, 2018
Minemrys:

you can still fire them.
Ezra can stay he's a great actor, but Jesse gats to go.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 8:59am On Dec 30, 2018
Blonchilli:

I don't get the unfair criticism of bale batman. Nolan said time without numbers that it was a grounded universe. Superman and a justice league won't work there
grin cheesy
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:39am On Dec 30, 2018
Eyedea:

what makes u think Jesse isn't a good actor? The man works with what he's given and how he's told to act. Have u seen 'The Double'? Then u'd probably see he could play Lex. I think this Luthor isn't meant to be physically imposing or frightening. He was meant to be a psychological torture for superman. He was meant to ann0y supes yet look so harmless. Watch the end scene of BvS. He literally ann0yed Batman yet Batman couldn't brand him. Jesse acted the way he was told to under Snyder and the script. Maybe what u d0n't like abt him is his voice. The man is a fast talker and m0st times often nervous. Jesse's the shy type.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 9:46am On Dec 30, 2018
Blonchilli:

my chocolate cream soldier! L0ng time no see. No matter how Bale's Batman was meant to be grounded. S0me0ne who trained under the league of shadows is slow and subpar at fighting c0mm0n thugs. Well i guess that's why N0lan gave Batman throat cancer, to make him grounded. Hey, Batman's n0t all that fit. He is a cancer patient.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 3:14pm On Dec 30, 2018
Minemrys:

what makes u think Jesse isn't a good actor? The man works with what he's given and how he's told to act. Have u seen 'The Double'? Then u'd probably see he could play Lex. I think this Luthor isn't meant to be physically imposing or frightening. He was meant to be a psychological torture for superman. He was meant to ann0y supes yet look so harmless. Watch the end scene of BvS. He literally ann0yed Batman yet Batman couldn't brand him. Jesse acted the way he was told to under Snyder and the script. Maybe what u d0n't like abt him is his voice. The man is a fast talker and m0st times often nervous. Jesse's the shy type.
Lex Luther also plays a physical villain like in enemies of the state.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Eyedea(m): 3:19pm On Dec 30, 2018
Aquaman passes Justice Shyt at the box office
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Fuckusernamesjo: 3:51pm On Dec 30, 2018
Eyedea:

If we're being really technical,Jesse is a better actor than Ezra. I loved the way Jesse played Luthor, he orchestrated almost everything that happened in bvs so perfectly and hes a wordy foe for Cavil's superman. The thing is Jesse plays a flawed and growing version of Lex. He isn't the ultimate foe yet but he's getting there. Ezra in justice league wasn't what Zack wanted, all his scenes with depth were cut and replaced with cheep and unnecessary comedy.

With that being said i saw Aquaman three days back and i thought it was really cool. I loved the theme music for Arthur but the one that truly blew my mind was Orm and Manta's theme.

check out my review of Aquaman on this link https://thaexquisitenerd..com/2018/12/aquaman-titanic-wave.html

and Into the spiderverse https://thaexquisitenerd..com/2018/12/spider-man-into-spiderverse.html
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by Minemrys: 4:32pm On Dec 30, 2018
Eyedea:
Lex Luther also plays a physical villain like in enemies of the state.
the Dceu version isn't meant to.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by TonySpike: 4:37pm On Dec 30, 2018
Fuckusernamesjo:

If we're being really technical,Jesse is a better actor than Ezra. I loved the way Jesse played Luthor, he orchestrated almost everything that happened in bvs so perfectly and hes a wordy foe for Cavil's superman. The thing is Jesse plays a flawed and growing version of Lex. He isn't the ultimate foe yet but he's getting there. Ezra in justice league wasn't what Zack wanted, all his scenes with depth were cut and replaced with cheep and unnecessary comedy.

With that being said i saw Aquaman three days back and i thought it was really cool. I loved the theme music for Arthur but the one that truly blew my mind was Orm and Manta's theme.

check out my review of Aquaman on this link https://thaexquisitenerd..com/2018/12/aquaman-titanic-wave.html

and Into the spiderverse https://thaexquisitenerd..com/2018/12/spider-man-into-spiderverse.html

I agree with your post. JOSStice league was such a dehumanizing movie experience, a morbid caricature of what it was meant to be.
Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by BlackManta(m): 7:00pm On Dec 30, 2018
Right now it needs just about $120m to surpass BVS and it has barely spent a month in theatres worldwide.

With no signs of slowing down Aquaman is easily earning extra $100m every 7 days.

It should easily earn at least another $252m by the next two to three weeks.

1 Like

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by nani667: 7:01pm On Dec 30, 2018
sad

Re: DC EXTENDED UNIVERSE (FILM) by philfearon(m): 7:43pm On Dec 30, 2018
BlackManta:
Right now it needs just about $120m to surpass BVS and it has barely spent a month in theatres worldwide.

With no signs of slowing down Aquaman is easily earning extra $100m every 7 days.

It should easily earn at least another $252m by the next two to three weeks.
Oh boy... Holy shït...
Aquaman is doing it o bro... I have always believed in Aquaman...Now I'm being justified!
grin cheesy grin cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (211) (212) (213) (214) (215) (216) (217) ... (1543) (Reply)

Zee World Movies And Soaps Official Fan Page / Big Brother Naija “All Stars“ 2023: Live Updates Thread / What Sites Can You Download Series For Free?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.