Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,876 members, 7,824,647 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

Question For Kudaisi - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Question For Kudaisi (763 Views)

A Question For Yii2 Users / Kudaisi, The Man Of The Moment / Re:project Critic@kudaisi And Co (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Kudaisi by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 17, 2015
Hi
This question goes to kudaisi and other good people / programmers out there.
Some of ma folks here way get big eye like me ask me say which kain software them day use for oil and gas firm, who get idea abeg lemme know, apart from simulation and modelling, which one again?
Re: Question For Kudaisi by kudaisi(m): 3:09pm On Apr 20, 2015
Unfortunately, I don't have that information. But I'm quite certain that major oil companies all use Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) sha (I know for example that Mobil uses SAP ERP). And I know of one app used to measure fuel levels in oil tankers. To ensure that the driver does no siphon and mix the fuel while on transit. The one i saw was done using and Arduino Nano board with a GSM shield and with a C# back-end in the cloud.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Kudaisi by trendymart(m): 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
kudaisi:
Unfortunately, I don't have that information. But i'm certain they all use Enterprise Resource Planning software (ERP) sha. And I know of one app used to measure fuel levels in oil tankers. To ensure that the driver does no siphon and mix the fuel while on transit. The one i saw was done using and Arduino Nano board with a GSM shield and with a C# back-end in the cloud.

Always on point ! Baba himself i hail ...ooo
Re: Question For Kudaisi by WhiZTiM(m): 4:47pm On Apr 21, 2015
I may not be able to mention them point blank but... Forgive me to just beat the bush...

For Business...
Royal Dutch Shell and its subsidiaries have a massive deployment of Microsoft products.
With massive use of SharePoint and Lync. I must say that, they are ideal for a large company.

For Technical...
They use many proprietary software. Some popular ones includes an array of AutoDesk products. Another used to monitor production and systems parameters is from OSISoft
A lot are unpopular to the average computer user.

There are lots of Embedded systems that are deployed on the field. The company has a globally large and competent IT staff.

Most software are not in-house. Neither are they locally contracted. There is a global standard and continuous efficiency review of their Software infrastructure. Additionally, as one of the frontiers in the Energy industry, the standard and reputation of their contractors matters to them. Likewise Software security.

The company has several thousands of volume licensed Software that is easily accessible to staff... For staff, right from their desk, they request... if approved, it's installed over the company's intranet.

They adopt some of the latest software and tech. But it must first go through some intensive change process that involves lots of stakeholders including Technical Authorities. For global adoption, the stakeholders cut across many different countries and Contractors... And all these have varying opinions. So you see its not so easy to just adopt a software.

They consider seamless integration with existing data and tools. It mustn't fail.

I hope this helps.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Java Programers:java Assignment: Can Someone Help Provide A Solution To This / Prevent DDOS Attack On Your Website With This Tips / The Most Important CMD Console Commands You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.