Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,715 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:49 PM

Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease - Culture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease (71360 Views)

The 'gods' Of Yoruba Land: An Hypothesis Study / When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? / Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by mmsen: 9:10am On Apr 19, 2015
olushowunm:

If they need Jesus [a white man god] then why r the whites buying the gods?

Why is what the 'whites' do your barometer for what is right and what is wrong.

Pleading gods is a sign of foolishness. That people are buying souvenirs does not mean that they have any true value.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by tommysparks: 9:50am On Apr 19, 2015
If all the dead people were involved in the ex humongous of a corpse then that sums it all up. The formaldehyde used for embalming has probably been converted to substances including methane gas. And they only inhaled that gas which causes headache, irreversible blindness and death. Because they might never have used face mask during the ex humming process. The deaths are nothing fetish only scientific.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by ThisMeansWAR: 10:00am On Apr 19, 2015
remember007:
am sorry if my opinions hurts your sensibility..
and sorry mine might have hurt yours.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by tchino26(m): 10:15am On Apr 19, 2015
The gods r not 2 blame...
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by hushbarbie(f): 11:09am On Apr 19, 2015
TheRealAdonye:
From what I saw in Akure in the one year that I was there,
As soon as I heard it was a Spiritual matter, I didn't dispute it one bit.

If in Akure the state capital, Calabashes filled with Eggs and other things are regularly seen at junctions,
Then in other interior LGAs, a lotta stuff is going down for sure.
Pls i think you need to read saturday punch newspaper too, where residents groan as foul-smelling sacrifices flood Lagos street, read page 26&27 perharps you can judge less
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by hushbarbie(f): 11:15am On Apr 19, 2015
Trailblazer1:
Ondo people seriously need Jesus.

They seriously need cleansing from Malokun spirit and other primitive traditions.

I'm proud to say that my people used to be here some years back but are no more there today cos we've been transformed out of darkness into his marvelous light.

Ondo is still in servitude to malokun and its likes. Oh God! Shine your light in ondo for the time to deliver her from the bondage of Malokun has come
. I beg your pardon sir, the town affected is Irele not Ondo state in general as we have different towns in Ondo so pls you may like to review your comment. Thanks
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Justice4love: 11:45am On Apr 19, 2015
The gods in other state have CHANGE so in Ondo d gods want CHANGE too.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Ilekeh(f): 12:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
bionixs:
. Then,thier school fees were thrown into the bush and they wasted their time getting education. Sorry for liking them for that

Exactly how so?

Are you a Christian? Muslim? Were your fore fathers Christian or Muslims?
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by austinesteve(m): 12:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
the gods must b crazy in Nigeria!! season 1&2
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Nobody: 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
There is difference btw medical/scientific way nd traditional way,I feel ds is more traditional dan medical since d ppl of d town knows best....let 'em go traditional nd give their god wat is necessary........@least d god no go chop am
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by tinanaija: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
My people perish for lack of knowledge. Goodness!
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Trailblazer1(m): 2:17pm On Apr 19, 2015
hushbarbie:
. I beg your pardon sir, the town affected is Irele not Ondo state in general as we have different towns in Ondo so pls you may like to review your comment. Thanks

Sorry for my generalisation
I served in Ondo state, I've also visited many parts of Ondo and can atest to what's obtainable. You know better.

But still, My apologies
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by hushbarbie(f): 3:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
Trailblazer1:

Sorry for my generalisation
I served in Ondo state, I've also visited many parts of Ondo and can atest to what's obtainable. You know better.

But still, My apologies
. Apology accepted but you know that people from other states are also guilty of this with just little differences, it takes only God's grace to deliver us irrespective of where we stay.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

The purpose of science is te establish the truth.

To claim that scientists do not debunk myths is an outright lie.

Spirituality serves identical purpose. But before scientific methods, spiritual methods were used and they yielded excellent results

Scientists refer to myths - Greek myths on many occasion

But you won't see it because you choose to close your mind to it
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by mmsen: 4:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Spirituality serves identical purpose. But before scientific methods, spiritual methods were used and they wielded excellent results

Scientists refer to myths - Greek myths on many occasion

But you won't see it because you choose to close your mind to it

Spirituality does not exist to establish truth - spirituality is accepting ignorance. The reason why life expectancy was so low for much of human history is because of superstitious, unfounded practices such as trepanning, bleeding and human sacrifice that have no scientific basis.

People used to do 'rain dances' in several cultures - we now know that such practices are entirely pointless.

If you believe that your spirituality will save you then I hope that you never visit doctors, take medication or undergo surgery. Afterall your ancient, unproven practices have worked so well in treating serious ailments such as cancer...

If we are being honest we know that your spiritual cures cannot even deal with malaria.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
niceguy7:

Go n read john3:16

it doesn't answer my question, how has your life become better?
Don't give me nonsense verses from a book of no truth
But give me facts about ur life
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 5:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
remember007:
Pls don't quote me next time mr

Then you shouldn't comment on such threads
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 5:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
niyi20:

Wrong dis ode irele not all Ondo . there are places in Lagos that still worship idol do u tag Lagos backward for that??

Nobody worships idols.. You morons don't want to ever learn
It's the Gods that are worshiped not the idols
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 5:04pm On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

Why is what the 'whites' do your barometer for what is right and what is wrong.

Pleading gods is a sign of foolishness. That people are buying souvenirs does not mean that they have any true value.

this is not about whites. If the idols of the God weren't useful nobody would buy them for such large amount...I think I saw 20million
who buys something of no value for 20million naira?

Pls quit your dishonesty
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Nobody: 5:12pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Then you shouldn't comment on such threads
do I need your permission to make comments on nairaland? pls get busy and stop suffocating me
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by niceguy7(m): 5:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

it doesn't answer my question, how has your life become better?
Don't give me nonsense verses from a book of no truth
But give me facts about ur life
U need Jesus in ur life.....
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 5:15pm On Apr 19, 2015
remember007:
do I need your permission to make comments on nairaland? pls get busy and stop suffocating me

Just like I don't need permission to quote whoever on nairaland
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 5:16pm On Apr 19, 2015
niceguy7:

U need Jesus in ur life.....

Yh I need Jesus to kiss my ass
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by niceguy7(m): 5:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Yh I need Jesus to kiss my ass
Stop this and fear God........Jesus is a consuming fire..
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 5:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
niceguy7:

Stop this and fear God........Jesus is a consuming fire..
Why should I fear ur Jesus, I don't fear dead men, I don't even fear the living

Stop being afraid of your imaginary god

1 Like

Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
smoothlips:

Small letter "G"

For the western godsmiley

1 Like

Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
ferdo20:

Onye ara

Gi na ndi be gi...
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Nobody: 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
petkoffDrake:

u believe in gods!?

Yes, any problem? undecided
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 6:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
mmsen:

Spirituality does not exist to establish truth - spirituality is accepting ignorance. The reason why life expectancy was so low for much of human history is because of superstitious, unfounded practices such as trepanning, bleeding and human sacrifice that have no scientific basis.

People used to do 'rain dances' in several cultures - we now know that such practices are entirely pointless.

If you believe that your spirituality will save you then I hope that you never visit doctors or take medication.

And what do you know about spirituality? not only have you the littlest knowledge of what "Spiritual" is you also don't know the history and evolution it has undergone through ages and civilizations.. You just have a problem with it through your perception but there's more to spirituality than you think

A famous astronomer and physicist once said spirituality and science are not only compatible but the profound source of spirituality

Spirituality has preserved the lives of many before modern scientific methods and still today the ancient sciences can be applied in many occasions

And rain dances to achieve what? Have u ever spoken to one of such rain dancers to know why they dance in the rain? Or u just take delight in making assumptions aimed at attacking a people who are different from you

before ur very elevated medications existed spirituality held the solutions and the human race survived.. If they didn't work you would not have been conceived

1 Like

Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by mmsen: 8:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

And what do you know about spirituality? not only have you the littlest knowledge of what "Spiritual" is you also don't know the history and evolution it has undergone through ages and civilizations.. You just have a problem with it through your perception but there's more to spirituality than you think

A famous astronomer and physicist once said spirituality and science are not only compatible but the profound source of spirituality

Spirituality has preserved the lives of many before modern scientific methods and still today the ancient sciences can be applied in many occasions

And rain dances to achieve what? Have u ever spoken to one of such rain dancers to know why they dance in the rain? Or u just take delight in making assumptions aimed at attacking a people who are different from you

before ur very elevated medications existed spirituality held the solutions and the human race survived.. If they didn't work you would not have been conceived

Do you have proof of any of these spirit beings? Who created these spirits that you speak of? What purpose do they serve?

Are you saying that rain dances cause rain? I'm sure you are smarter than that. There are people who have died in droughts who pleaded with their various gods for rain, to no avail.

Who is this 'famous astronomer'?

Just because people excel in one field does that mean that their knowledge is complete or that everything that they are convinced of is accurate.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by niceguy7(m): 8:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Why should I fear ur Jesus, I don't fear dead men, I don't even fear the living

Stop being afraid of your imaginary god
Jesus Christ is the truth, the way and life.....no man cometh unto God except tru Jesus.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by klarke(m): 8:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Jamean:
Darkness cannot drive away darkness, only light can.

Jesus is that light.
Mighty to save.

The Truth!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lilo Ewe Ati Egbo Fun Iwosan, Itusile Ati Aseyori / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Igbo Marriage And Bride Price: Put The Records Straight (Represent Your Culture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.