Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,981 members, 7,817,900 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease - Culture (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease (71377 Views)

The 'gods' Of Yoruba Land: An Hypothesis Study / When Did The gods Start Eating Cream Crackers? / Anioma/Asaba People Are Not Igbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 8:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
niceguy7:

Jesus Christ is the truth, the way and life.....no man cometh unto God except tru Jesus.

Says a book with no reliable authors grin
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Nobody: 8:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Just like I don't need permission to quote whoever on nairaland
it's ok,I understand how jobless you are.... go ahead and quote every body.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by petkoffDrake(m): 10:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
datalossvictim1:

Yes, any problem? undecided

Not reli cool
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by niceguy7(m): 11:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
macof:

Says a book with no reliable authors grin
And you shall knw the truth and it shall set you free
And that truth is called the "BIBLE"
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by SonOfDavid91(m): 1:27am On Apr 20, 2015
I hope you are not yet a victim of this malokun deity?
You don't know the God u are serving!!!
Matthew 10:1..... For this Ondo area to be delivered, they also have their own part to play!!!! I wonder why some people never had a strong belief in Jesus Christ despite their christianity claim's.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by SonOfDavid91(m): 1:30am On Apr 20, 2015
speaking to Nellybil and tsdarkside....
Okay?
Galatians 6:7.......An assignment 4 u!!!
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 4:00pm On Apr 20, 2015
mmsen:

Do you have proof of any of these spirit beings? Who created these spirits that you speak of? What purpose do they serve?

Are you saying that rain dances cause rain? I'm sure you are smarter than that. There are people who have died in droughts who pleaded with their various gods for rain, to no avail.

Who is this 'famous astronomer'?

Just because people excel in one field does that mean that their knowledge is complete or that everything that they are convinced of is accurate.

grin you really don't know shit about spirits. You take it all this Christian and media conception of Spirits
Well, spirits are no magical beings that grant wishes or play dance hall. They are incorporeal entities that serve as integral parts of different aspects of nature

To prove the existence of a spirit is to identity the existence of that aspect of nature and understand it's principles, spirits sustain the universe

Am saying I don't know about rain dance neither do you, until you interview a rain dancer you hand nothing of note to say

You can read about Carl Sagan
If world renowned astronomers, biologists and physicists can acknowledge spirituality than you don't hold much on this matter...especially as you don't even know spirituality to begin with
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 4:04pm On Apr 20, 2015
niceguy7:

And you shall knw the truth and it shall set you free
And that truth is called the "BIBLE"

Says the book without a reliable author
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by mmsen: 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
macof:

grin you really don't know shit about spirits. You take it all this Christian and media conception of Spirits
Well, spirits are no magical beings that grant wishes or play dance hall. They are incorporeal entities that serve as integral parts of different aspects of nature

To prove the existence of a spirit is to identity the existence of that aspect of nature and understand it's principles, spirits sustain the universe

Am saying I don't know about rain dance neither do you, until you interview a rain dancer you hand nothing of note to say

You can read about Carl Sagan
If world renowned astronomers, biologists and physicists can acknowledge spirituality than you don't hold much on this matter...especially as you don't even know spirituality to begin with

How can I know about something that has never been proven?

What do you mean by spiritual or spirit? You seem keen on talking around the matter.

I don't claim to be an expert on this issue, just as I would not deign to be an expert on other myths and theories.

If you have proof present it. Otherwise you are just as silly as the Christians that you look down upon.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by niceguy7(m): 4:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
macof:

Says the book without a reliable author
U hv to repent and turn to God.....
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 4:40pm On Apr 20, 2015
mmsen:

How can I know about something that has never been proven?

What do you mean by spiritual or spirit? You seem keen on talking around the matter.

I don't claim to be an expert on this issue, just as I would not deign to be an expert on other myths and theories.

If you have proof present it. Otherwise you are just as silly as the Christians that you look down upon.

First you need to understand the meaning of spirituality, pls take away ur mind from religion.
Spirituality is proved by observation, it's not what you present in pen and paper

The religious society and media has destroyed u grin
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by macof(m): 4:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
niceguy7:

U hv to repent and turn to God.....

Thank you, I am with God
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by mmsen: 5:26pm On Apr 20, 2015
macof:

First you need to understand the meaning of spirituality, pls take away ur mind from religion.
Spirituality is proved by observation, it's not what you present in pen and paper

The religious society and media has destroyed u grin

You have no idea where I was raised or by whom - you are not in a position to say what has influenced me.

Clearly I am not an expert on spirituality - could you explain how such things are observed and also relate them to this case where we now know that pesticides caused the deaths.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by Champele(m): 1:44am On Apr 21, 2015
Ignorance killing my people. Eyaa'.
Re: Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease by oracles27(m): 11:01am On Apr 21, 2015
Pagan9ja.....
whether we like it or not religion in all its diversity is here to stay. It was here before our fathers it will be here long our our children have slept with the ancient.
but i really need to talk with you and i am beginning to wonder if you do see these messages. undecided
still...pls respond[color=#000099][/color]

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Lilo Ewe Ati Egbo Fun Iwosan, Itusile Ati Aseyori / Intersting Facts About The Kalabari Ijaws Of Rivers State (PICTURES) / Igbo Marriage And Bride Price: Put The Records Straight (Represent Your Culture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.