Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,543 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (48925 Views)

Donald Trump Replies A Nigerian Who Supported Him Online. PICS / Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by barwaaqo: 5:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
Flets:
What is wrong with black race?

Native SAs vs foreign blacks
Native Lagosians vs other Nigerians
Igbo vs Yoruba
Middle belt vs Fulani
Ijaw vs Itsekiri

Its never against the white race but against themselves. What is wrong with the black man?

In order to do something against the white race you have to be united but I guess when you're black it's just fair game undecided
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by sinkhole: 5:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
steppin:

I can address him anyway I like.
He's nothing but a common tout, he doesn't deserve that throne.
OK, go and dethrone him and let us see how strong you are!
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by steppin: 5:55pm On Apr 18, 2015
sinkhole:
OK, go and dethrone him and let us see how strong you are!
Oh! I won't, even if I had the power.
Yorubas celebrate mediocrity and I won't be the person to take that little glory away from them.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by ngoziama: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
MaxNaija:
King Goodwill Zwelithini stands by his view that foreigners should go back to their home countries.
        
KING Goodwill Zwelithini meant each and every word when he said foreigners must pack their bags and get out of South Africa.

So said Zwelithini’s spokesman, Prince Thulani Zulu, who told Daily Sun yesterday the king has nothing to be sorry for.

The Zulu king’s outburst came on Saturday during his speech at a moral regeneration event in Pongola, northern KZN.

In the presence of both Police Minister Nathi Nhleko and provincial MEC Willies Mchunu, the king was reported to have told the gathering that it was time foreigners were told to return to their countries.

The king accused them of messing up the country’s towns by hanging their fake clothing brands on the streets.

“Now when you walk down the street you can’t recognise a shop you used to know because it has been taken over by foreigners who mess it up by hanging up rags,” the king said.

His remarks were widely condemned as encouraging hatred towards foreigners, which may result in more violent behaviour towards them.

But Prince Thulani said the king won’t apologise because he stood by what he said.

“I think the people who’re complaining are misinterpreting his speech.

“He didn’t say foreigners must be attacked or harassed.

“The king was talking about foreigners who are here illegally.

“Some are involved in serious crimes like drug and human trafficking.

“We don’t need such people in our country so the king is right,” said Zulu.

The king’s speech has been strongly criticised for fuelling hatred against foreigners by the Somali Association of South Africa and the Congolese Solidarity Campaign.

The provincial government distanced itself from the king’s speech. It said it was guided by the Constitution, which guaradntees human rights for all in SA.

Source - http://www.dailysun.co.za/news/2015-03-25-king-zwelithini-i-wont-apologies

Traditional rulers must start undergoing some kind of psychiatric tests to ascertain that all is well with them.Over here in nigeria, the so called oba of lagos made a terrible statement about drowning ibos, now in south africa the stupid zulu's statement has triggered of killings of foreigners.Honestly, traditional rulers in africa have got more work to do in their brains.This new trend must be checkmated.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by lomprico(m): 8:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
holatin:
did you even watch the video,he never mention any tribe
You dint watch d video or u are lying to urself.

1 Like

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by fatboyslym007: 9:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
liberty300:
Lol

Why nigerians make a big fuss about this is beyond me. Aren't we the same people that called foreigners in Lagos "host" followed by statements like "if they don't cooperate, we'll kick them back to their village". Even when the oba threatened a tribe most of his tribes men supported it. Same story with the producer calling on God to "punish all Igbos"

I hate double standards. Don't be a saint only when it's convenient for you. South Africans believe that foreign blacks are their problem then we should respect them and back off. Simple

in as much as I would like to pretend u made an intelligent contribution I must say it lacks intelligence...
how many Yorubas attacked d Igbo after d said statement... I think Igbo should just move on from this victim mentality. I believe if d Igbo had won d war they would have being more barbaric with dia victory...
The delta Igbo calabars irhobos etc were part of d so called Biafra... But tails of Biafra armies cruelty is still on dia lips as we speak... how come ds ppl dt fought by u r not shouting... no tribe as ever said Lagos is not a southwestern state except d Igbo n no Igbo has being killed for it... It was traditional saying anyone that antagonises d king would die in d lagoon... as provocative as u want d world to see it as igbo died 4 it... Pls if u av any human intelligence left in u Dont compare any tribe in Nigeria with d animals in SA.. Godbless all d tribes Nigeria
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by tammie24: 5:43am On Apr 19, 2015
Oklander:
That king should shut up, South Africa is a no man's land, after all it was developed by foreigners. grin

I don't blame them though, make we face our country develop am, nobody would be running out to other countries only to be maltreated.

EDIT*
Why some dull people dey quote me. No place be no mans land na, funny I have to explain that I wanted been sarcastic grin grin grin.
Knew right away u were being sarcastic grin

U sound like a particular tribe that claim they developed Lagos therefore it's a no man's land grin

1 Like

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Oklander: 7:26am On Apr 19, 2015
halimat38:

All due respect,pls take that back don't say SA is a know man's land same thing everybody says about Lagos ain't there citizens of the soil?
That, was a sarcasm.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by DadaStephen1(m): 3:51pm On Apr 21, 2015
Your birth is a collateral waste to your family.

You better be careful and don't start what you can't finish.
angry
raayah:

Look at your post. You are a big embarrassment to your state, Nairaland and Nigeria as a whole.

You dont agree with entchidodo comment?. Fine, state yours. It is disheartening to see a grown Nigerian man comment this way.

The best i can do is Report you to the mods but you should rethink your whole life and figure out what went wrong
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by MARGIELA(m): 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2015
while africa is on the way to SA

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Chinese Police To Muslims: Hand In All Your Qurans Or Face Harsh Punishment / Terrorists Attack Hotel Complex In Nairobi As Many People Confirmed Dead (pics) / Mozambique Girl Showed Up Months After She Was Buried

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.