Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,796 members, 7,810,074 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:04 PM

We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies (48868 Views)

Donald Trump Replies A Nigerian Who Supported Him Online. PICS / Zulu King Changes Tone And Calls For End To SA Attacks On Foreigners / South Africans Ignore Appeal, Continue Attacks On Foreigners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by steppin: 12:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
sinkhole:
Sir, please first of all and to show that you are not as guilty as those you are accusing, there is nothing like "Mr Akiolu" here His Royal Highness, Oba Akiolu is the proper name! Thank you very much.
I can address him anyway I like.
He's nothing but a common tout, he doesn't deserve that throne.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by humberjade: 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
What is it with all these Kings and their horrific statements? Perhaps their local gods are blood thirsty.

We are just getting over Oba Akiolu's statement, now these...Thank God for d maturity of d Yoruba and Igbo pple.

I lived in that country 4 close to four yrs, and I can say VIOLENCE is enshrined in d heart of an average black South African (though there some nice ones among them), they only need a little provocation to unleash it.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by promise3048(m): 12:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
Equalizer:
Is that king related to Oba Akiolu?
the oba is his cousin

1 Like

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Banter1(m): 12:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
The World Will Not Respect Africa Until NIGERIA Earns That Respect. The Black People Of The World Need NIGERIA To Be Great As A Source Of Pride And Confidence. NELSON MANDELA
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Zayn04: 12:38pm On Apr 18, 2015
Useless King u 4get when u were been chased out lyk dogs on ur own very streets of Kwazulu Natal not e. Even talk of Durban,J'Burg e.t.c.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by caprini1: 12:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
liberty300:
Lol

Why nigerians make a big fuss about this is beyond me. Aren't we the same people that called foreigners in Lagos "host" followed by statements like "if they don't cooperate, we'll kick them back to their village". Even when the oba threatened a tribe most of his tribes men supported it. Same story with the producer calling on God to "punish all Igbos"

I hate double standards. Don't be a saint only when it's convenient for you. South Africans believe that foreign blacks are their problem then we should respect them and back off. Simple
The Oba of Lagos Palace is sandwitched between igbo spare parts dealers shops before the traders moved to Trade fair complex,and there has been a father and son relationship between the two.The oba only made a mistake with his words which he has apologised .....in Lagos an ibo and yoruba neigbhours can argue and quarrel over everything from ManU/Chelsea to APC/PDP,but it ends there...if one is rushing to work on a monday morning and sees the others car broken down on the road,he stops and they fix the car,but that does not stop them getting home and the quarrel starts all over again. Its a Lagos thing.....
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by raayah(f): 12:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by raayah(f): 12:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by humberjade: 12:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
Crime and violence is so embedded in their hearts that some times even security operatives turn a blind eye to the harm those eita boys do to foreigners.

There was a day I and a friend were at the Johannesburg CBD park to board a bus to Pretoria; while waiting for d next bus, three guys in their teens came at us with knives and a gun, and began to request 4 our phones and wallets.

But then two soldiers emerged from a corner, I was like 'thank God, our life savers are here'...I beckoned
at the soldiers, they looked at our direction, looked at the gun, smiled and walked away.

I knew with my action things could go ugly, I tapped my friend and we made a run 4 it...Unfortunately my friend fell, he was robbed and beaten. I had to run to a mall where there lots of Nigerians to call 4 help. But for their timely intervention, he wld have bn fatally injured or even worse.

I will just advise Nigerians in SA to make sure they walk in groups to avoid bn waylaid...That's if it's important to even go out all.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by raayah(f): 12:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by 14(m): 12:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
humberjade:
What is it with all these Kings and their horrific statements? Perhaps their local gods are blood thirsty.

We are just getting over Oba Akiolu's statement, now these...Thank God for d maturity of d Yoruba and Igbo pple.

I lived in that country 4 close to four yrs, and I can say VIOLENCE is enshrined in d heart of an average black South African (though there some nice ones among them), they only need a little provocation to unleash it.

As A South African, i have to agree with you. We are very agressive and violent society, but that is due to our past. You must remember that we suffered for 400yrs under white rule. We have this believe that solving anything, you have to fight.

You need to go to Cape Town in cape flats if you want to see how dangerous we can get, although these coloureds or mixed race community dont target foreigners, they kill each other.

The KZN province is also thee most violent province or state in SA. This province is predominately zulus, they are the most voilent tribe in SA. Foreigners need to do research before entering SA. Zulus only make 18% of SA population, so the king is talking on behalf of his people not the rest of 82% of south africans. Places that are peaceful are Pretoria, Cape town, port elizabeth, east london, polokwane, neilspruit, bloemfotein, kimberly and some parts of joburg, you wont see a single zulu in those areas.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by 14(m): 1:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
raayah:

No It is your Hypocrisy and the weakness of your Government that is causing this..

Why isnt SA killing the Us / British /russian Immigrants.?

Entchidodo has said the truth, hypocrites on Nairaland are scared.

They are very few and besides, they live in leafy surbabs you wont even notice them. poverty is the cause of all these myhem, and those foreigners who find themselves in the middle of those poor zulus are the ones that are affected. there are lots of foreigners who live in the surbubs or with SA black middle class, they are not afffected by xenophobia.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by PenSniper: 1:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
raayah:

Your comment reeks of someone with no brains.

Entchidodo composed a clear and well articulated comment. Your post on the other hand just reeks of immaturity.

Silence. . .
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by itu404(m): 1:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
THOSE WHO WIELDS POWER AND OCCUPY EXALTED OFFICES SHOULD BE CAREFUL WITH THE CHOICE OF WORDS. HIS UTTERANCES IS NOTHING SHORT OF ILLITERACY AND SHOWS US A MAN WHO STILL WALLOWS IN MEDIEVAL TIMES.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by openmine(m): 1:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
Too bad undecided undecided

Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Fourwinds: 1:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
Equalizer:

Buh they both sounds like brothers..
some how. funny u
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Fourwinds: 1:50pm On Apr 18, 2015
Equalizer:

Buh they both sounds like brothers.
yeah.!! funny
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Nobody: 2:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
MaxNaija:
King Goodwill Zwelithini stands by his view that foreigners should go back to their home countries.
        
KING Goodwill Zwelithini meant each and every word when he said foreigners must pack their bags and get out of South Africa.

So said Zwelithini’s spokesman, Prince Thulani Zulu, who told Daily Sun yesterday the king has nothing to be sorry for.

The Zulu king’s outburst came on Saturday during his speech at a moral regeneration event in Pongola, northern KZN.

In the presence of both Police Minister Nathi Nhleko and provincial MEC Willies Mchunu, the king was reported to have told the gathering that it was time foreigners were told to return to their countries.

The king accused them of messing up the country’s towns by hanging their fake clothing brands on the streets.

“Now when you walk down the street you can’t recognise a shop you used to know because it has been taken over by foreigners who mess it up by hanging up rags,” the king said.

His remarks were widely condemned as encouraging hatred towards foreigners, which may result in more violent behaviour towards them.

But Prince Thulani said the king won’t apologise because he stood by what he said.

“I think the people who’re complaining are misinterpreting his speech.

“He didn’t say foreigners must be attacked or harassed.

“The king was talking about foreigners who are here illegally.

“Some are involved in serious crimes like drug and human trafficking.

“We don’t need such people in our country so the king is right,” said Zulu.

The king’s speech has been strongly criticised for fuelling hatred against foreigners by the Somali Association of South Africa and the Congolese Solidarity Campaign.

The provincial government distanced itself from the king’s speech. It said it was guided by the Constitution, which guarantees human rights for all in SA.

Source - http://www.dailysun.co.za/news/2015-03-25-king-zwelithini-i-wont-apologies

Like oba akiolu like this stupid king
Useless titles and thrones that are totally irrelevant to society
Yet they will insist on making hateful statements that cost lives
I hope he is drinking the blood he asked for
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Nobody: 2:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
sinkhole:
Sir, please first of all and to show that you are not as guilty as those you are accusing, there is nothing like "Mr Akiolu" here His Royal Highness, Oba Akiolu is the proper name! Thank you very much.

Okay Madame akiolu
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Ejjis(m): 2:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
Oba Akiolu second....
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Ralphlauren(m): 3:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
lastpage:

Keep it up u you hear, [/b] maybe your Eze-Durban or Eze-Johannesburg should go and intercede in South Africa. undecided grin grin

Omo-ale ...Olori-pelebe

Lastpage!

grin grin grin grin grin

I don't understand what the Ohaneze group is doing. They should be in South Africa chest beating and threatening the Zulu King.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by humberjade: 3:14pm On Apr 18, 2015
14:

As A South African, i have to agree with you. We are very agressive and violent society, but that is due to our past. You must remember that we suffered for 400yrs under white rule. We have this believe that solving anything, you have to fight.

You need to go to Cape Town in cape flats if you want to see how dangerous we can get, although these coloureds or mixed race community dont target foreigners, they kill each other.

The KZN province is also thee most violent province or state in SA. This province is predominately zulus, they are the most voilent tribe in SA. Foreigners need to do research before entering SA. Zulus only make 18% of SA population, so the king is talking on behalf of his people not the rest of 82% of south africans. Places that are peaceful are Pretoria, Cape town, port elizabeth, east london, polokwane, neilspruit, bloemfotein, kimberly and some parts of joburg, you wont see a single zulu in those areas.

Hmm...I haven't thought about it that way, but at least now I can differentiate d violent tribe (Zulus) from d odas.

But in order not to be given a bad name, it will be better 4 d govt of day to be firm in its fight again the menace called xenophobia.

Plus other tribes too need to come out to raise their voices against it, protect and rescue foreigners when they are bn attacked, only then can we say not all South African tribes are violent.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Dubemkelly(m): 3:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
If he meant illegal foreigners then its acceptable but it should be enforced by the laws and done peacefully not violently. The immigration unit of SA has a role to play. China has done this and Nigeria once sent Ghana packing. Any foreigner that inhabits with his resident paper complete should be allowed same human rights with SA nationals.
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Immarocks(f): 3:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
imagine....they think they are what....by the time the minority white turn against them again(apartheid) they will start acting sarafina season 2...by that time who will donate 1 naira from their little pay to help fight it.hmmm not my father's kobo again.rubbish, even when its the foreigners that develop their country.

Ingrates......

#team Nigeria
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Smooyis(m): 3:47pm On Apr 18, 2015
Equalizer:
Is that king related to Oba Akiolu?
Lol
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by tk4rd: 4:03pm On Apr 18, 2015
MaxNaija:
King Goodwill Zwelithini stands by his view that foreigners should go back to their home countries.
        
KING Goodwill Zwelithini meant each and every word when he said foreigners must pack their bags and get out of South Africa.

So said Zwelithini’s spokesman, Prince Thulani Zulu, who told Daily Sun yesterday the king has nothing to be sorry for.

The Zulu king’s outburst came on Saturday during his speech at a moral regeneration event in Pongola, northern KZN.

In the presence of both Police Minister Nathi Nhleko and provincial MEC Willies Mchunu, the king was reported to have told the gathering that it was time foreigners were told to return to their countries.

The king accused them of messing up the country’s towns by hanging their fake clothing brands on the streets.

“Now when you walk down the street you can’t recognise a shop you used to know because it has been taken over by foreigners who mess it up by hanging up rags,” the king said.

His remarks were widely condemned as encouraging hatred towards foreigners, which may result in more violent behaviour towards them.

But Prince Thulani said the king won’t apologise because he stood by what he said.

“I think the people who’re complaining are misinterpreting his speech.

“He didn’t say foreigners must be attacked or harassed.

“The king was talking about foreigners who are here illegally.

“Some are involved in serious crimes like drug and human trafficking.

“We don’t need such people in our country so the king is right,” said Zulu.

The king’s speech has been strongly criticised for fuelling hatred against foreigners by the Somali Association of South Africa and the Congolese Solidarity Campaign.

The provincial government distanced itself from the king’s speech. It said it was guided by the Constitution, which guarantees human rights for all in SA.

Source - http://www.dailysun.co.za/news/2015-03-25-king-zwelithini-i-wont-apologies
HE MISYARNED.,, JUST THE WAY OBA OF LAGOS MISYARNED...
AND NOW, PEOPLE REGARDED HIM AS A GOD, AND HIS WORDS AS SUPREME
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by holatin(m): 4:11pm On Apr 18, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
Akiolu and you have one thing in common. Islam
you and GEJ have something in common, cluelessness
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by holatin(m): 4:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
lomprico:

Why didnt he caution or threaten agbaje? Why d igbos? Are they d ones that want to elevate their post to oba staus? Dont derail the thread abeg.
did you even watch the video,he never mention any tribe
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by famshegs(m): 4:16pm On Apr 18, 2015
the man's mouth is smelling alcohol
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by Nobody: 4:48pm On Apr 18, 2015
And these Zulu Khatulu ingrates want the rest of the world to feel sorry for apartheid.... Stupid primates...
Re: We Won't Apologise, Foreigners Are Not Welcome -south Africa King Replies by wordsmith99(m): 5:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
Entchidodo:
It will be hypocritical to expect a king of a whole war-like tribe especially of the world renowned Zulus to apologise when you support the rigid stance of a despotic and crude Oba of an inconsequential island amongst the greater 'no man's land' locations in Lagos,that's not saying we support his rhetoric but there's a need to sound a call for sober reflection.

There exists no logical connection in this submission.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Thanks To Russia, The Ukrainian Army Has More Tanks Now Than When The War Began / Chinese Police To Muslims: Hand In All Your Qurans Or Face Harsh Punishment / Photo: Donald Trump Now Being Compared To Adolf Hitler Over Statement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.