Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,774 members, 7,955,956 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes (25193 Views)

How I Lost A Job Because Of A Customised Facebook Name / He Lost His Chance Of Getting The Job Because Of Pierced Ears / He Missed An Interview Because……. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by SHOCK7(m): 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
cutetonye009:
Story that touches the heart.....
Stand still bro, Oluwa is on your side.
Whenever I am faced with an impromptu situation as these, I do "pillow ironing"..,
King's college boarding house taught me how to do these.
can u explain how pillow ironing is done?
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by akosh005: 9:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
Like seriously, ur suit would hav cover it only if u hav one. Anyway come to my office n hav my job......
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by talk2dele: 9:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
you guys are not hitting the point with this guy. One thing i learnt in Nigerian business is that those who employ you don't need that detail before they give you job....except you applied as a model or customer service agent. Regardless, many other things make the employer's mind on whether to employ a person or not.

Ironed or not, he should have shown up....or called to postpone. Rather, he made the choice for the employer. This attitude just shows laziness and is what many people do in life that ends up as bad for them. I suggest we learn from this...you dont know when it could prove as a lifesaver

2 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by iwaeda: 9:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
ochukofortune:
My very good childhood friend Ayo just called me that he missed a job interview that was scheduled for 9a.m on Friday because he didn't have light to press his clothes. I told him he should have given it to laundrymen but he said he got the invite Thursday afternoon and that his area has not seen light for over 2 weeks!

Has this happened to you before? Please share the electricity situation in your area...PHCN a disgrace to Nigeria and yet we keep paying bills

It is alame excuse,because you have tailor around you that uses generator,please stop giving excuse for your short comings
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by tsdarkside(m): 9:29pm On Apr 18, 2015
nepa must go........wait,wait....then we have nothing a tall.. undecided undecided undecided undecided

THUNDER FIRE NEPA!!!....much better..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Ojoariyo(m): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Not an excuse, I believe that he is satisfy with is situation..........Oodee!!!
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Deem: 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Dumbfounded excuse!!!
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by xtervaganza(m): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
ochukofortune:
My very good childhood friend Ayo just called me that he missed a job interview that was scheduled for 9a.m on Friday because he didn't have light to press his clothes. I told him he should have given it to laundrymen but he said he got the invite Thursday afternoon and that his area has not seen light for over 2 weeks!

Has this happened to you before? Please share the electricity situation in your area...PHCN a disgrace to Nigeria and yet we keep paying bills
in my area 200 naira would have his shirt and trouser ironed, even wait and get service is available

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by darlenese(f): 9:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
So your friend cannot improvise? I'm very sure he wouldn't have gotten the job, these days, Organizations are looking for creative minded people with good initiative people who can think out of the box, Ur friend nor sharp at all.

Btw Op, I hope you are not trying to blame GEJ for your friends zero initiative undecided

3 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Sanguine77(m): 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
He may have failed the interview so it was better he missed it entirely.

Since Jonathan lost, we have seen no light.

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Krisddon: 9:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
ochukofortune:

1. When the heart is willing, it finds a thousand ways, when it's unwilling, it finds a thousand excuses.
2. Tomorrow belongs to those that prepare for it today.
Lesson: if I were ur friend, I would put ego aside knock on the gate of a well to do that sure has a generator set in the neighbourhood and beg to iron my clothes. Who knows? He would have gotten the job.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by ahamonyeka(m): 9:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
Something of this nature has happen to me before but I just have to go buy a stove iron to make me look clean and smart.

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Jibsonified(m): 9:37pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hmm... You allowed PHCN to mess u up... Don't be a learner, next time borrow shirt and trouser already ironed from friends, if not the above suggestions lashed at u will suffice

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Chukaholic: 9:41pm On Apr 18, 2015
ochukofortune:

That your friend is very irresponsible!!! Even if he got the invite 11.59pm thursday, that's still no excuse.... The very justifiable reason for missing an interview over a short period of notice should be distance.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Sleekyshuga(f): 9:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
What an excuse undecided undecided..

#300 would have saved him this regrets..

To your question:

The light situation is very pathetic. If PHED still exist, we no longer know/care.

For the past two months, I haven't seen light, not even a candle light voltage..

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Juzzybabe(f): 9:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
He wasn't interested in the job! I just hate it when people shift blames for the misfortunes they caused themselves!

1 Like

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by classicyung(m): 9:46pm On Apr 18, 2015
Lool•• That bros need torturing or else hm go miss another interview because of, maybe no water to take his bath this time around
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by BecaciaBarbie(f): 9:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
We have not had light for days!!!!!!!!!! Can somebody please get me out of this country ASAP!!!!! angry angry angry
I really can't wait to leave Africa because of this electricity issue!!!! I mean must we live on Gens everyday?? Well thank God Change has come cheesy #BuhariMay28 #legooo!!! wink
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Jibsonified(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
SHOCK7:

can u explain how pillow ironing is done?

Leme help u here

Get the shirt and trouser folded neatly like they do for brand new "packing" shirt as it's popularly called. Place under your pillow. But if u are the type that sweat so much u bera wrap it with nylon, or else... U go cry when u wake for morning seeing u shirt ruined by ur sweat. For those of u that sleep on double deck cushion chairs, u know what to do already na.

NB: this may not work for those that fight "gidigbo" in sleep undecided
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by MEK14(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
He didn't lost interview cos of Nepa instead he choose 2 fail... cos he had many options btw thurday aftanoon n friday morning... y didn't he travel else where 2 Iron d cloth...
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by greggng: 9:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
It has happened to me but I was proactive. U don't ve to wait for nepa in ur area. Relocate to a place they ve light. Infact on my way to my friends place I saw a tailor and I narrated my plight and he asked one of his boys to iron my cloth for me. Although I insisted I must do it myself cos I can iron professionally. From his shop I called my friend that am heading back home cos is easier for me to reach the interview venue from my house than from my friends house.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by cluksy(m): 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
Danova:
What if it was a white shirt..... cry What if it was a white shirt.....

Don't squeeze after wash, then Fold n sleep on it overnight.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 18, 2015
ochukofortune:

Haba the alternatives are much:

He could bought all these cheap corporate shirt going for 1k i had interview at ********** i bought a 1k trousers and a cheap shoe that was looking ssharp because i didn't have corporate, dude its all about packaging.

How old is he ?
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 10:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:
We have not had light for days!!!!!!!!!! Can somebody please get me out of this country ASAP!!!!! angry angry angry
I really can't wait to leave Africa because of this electricity issue!!!! I mean must we live on Gens everyday?? Well thank God Change has come cheesy #BuhariMay28 #legooo!!! wink
Sweetheart kiss
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2015
petkoffDrake:

but sweetheart! is that possible? turning electric iron to stove iron... can it still work with electricity after using it on stove?

cos since 3days we neva get light and I wanta try it 2nite cos I wanna go to church 2mrrw!

lols
No worry, on a good day _ you go see the possibility tongue

EddyBlingzz:
GBAM!

I do that Shiite when there is no light and money for uduak drycleaner. I might do it tomorrow morning before church if Nepa no bring light grin cool

when the desirable is not available..... We improvise grin
Leave talk, that guy needs to bathe in river osun.
This thing that happened isn't physical.
A graduate should be able to think outside the box.

softysparky:

Your head is there babe!!!
We have already turn one electric iron to "stove iron" at home.
No time for excuses.
As in ehn, don't mind the guy.
I have never been in this situation though, i'm a very proactive person_ i've mastered the act of taking precautionary steps.

Youngsage:

Lol! But hope you know that that is an irreversible process? The stove iron will remain a stove iron forever. grin

But it's still better than Losing a Job because of a flimsy reason though
irreversible ke?
Shun am joor...
We run things, things don't run we. grin

You sef think am, he could have easily begged a dry cleaner to allow him iron himself gaan.

2 Likes

Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by clemz88(m): 10:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
Edwardhead:
Wetin dis ur tory com teach us?
that we should bera get a gen in order not to miss an important opportunity cos Nepa is not to be trusted n govt aint ready to give u anytin for free undecided
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by stagger: 10:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
ochukofortune:

Very lame excuse. Has he never heard of coal irons? Even when we were younger, we would take a clean pot, boil water in it until it was very hot, then drain the water and use the side of the pot to press our school uniforms.

Your guy is a lazy cocoon.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by petkoffDrake(m): 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Kachisbarbie:

lols
No worry, on a good day _ you go see the possibility tongue

Leave talk, that guy needs to bathe in river osun.
This thing that happened isn't physical.
A graduate should be able to think outside the box.

As in ehn, don't mind the guy.
I have never been in this situation though, i'm a very proactive person_ i've mastered the act of taking precautionary steps.

irreversible ke?
Shun am joor...
We run things, thing don't run we. grin

You sef think am, he could have easily begged a dry cleaner to allow him iron himself gaan.

I fear ooo... but PHCN these days no dey try
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 10:15pm On Apr 18, 2015
You came to blame GEJ right? Is Ayo on nairaland? Let's have a chat with him
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Nobody: 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2015
ochukofortune:

Charcoal Pressing Iron...

Dry cleaner - N200 per cloth.
Re: He Lost A Job Interview Because No NEPA Light To Press Clothes by Danova(m): 10:34pm On Apr 18, 2015
cluksy:

Don't squeeze after wash, then Fold n sleep on it overnight.
What if I have no pillow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian College Of Aviation Technology, Vacancies For Unit (engineers) / Uconnect. Interview Invite!!!!!! / GTB Recruitment 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.