Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,220 members, 7,825,842 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights (49163 Views)

I Don’t Have joystick Erection Over My Wife’s Nagging Attitude- Husband (pic) / Man Dumped On Wedding Day Over Low Sperm Impregnates New Wife (pic) / "Sex On The First Date Led To This For Me" -Recently Married Woman Reveals. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by nairabetguru(m): 10:42pm On Apr 18, 2015
Adesiji77:
It is no news that after wedding ceremony, newlywed couples usually rush to their bridal suite or hotel room to have some post-nuptial romantic exercise or sexual congress. It is usually one night too many for many, mainly for the romp in the sack (great sex), and the eager consummation of the marriage that follows that long and enduring expectation is usually historic and unique.

According to some religious beliefs, people are not expected to have sexual intercourse until they are legally married, hence, the high sexual plans and expectation built around the wedding night cannot be over-emphasised.

However, in spite of the high expectation and readiness of either or both parties, studies have shown that many end up not having sex on the wedding night. Perhaps the tradition of wedding night sex is fading away.

Reasons adduced for this trend include exhaustion, fatigue, intoxication, physiological stress and emotional overload. Regardless, weddings are beautiful and lovely, but they can be exhausting and tiring.

One of the studies pointed out that the groom being too drunk to make love, the bride falling asleep and couples having arguments during the wedding ceremony, especially at the reception, were popular reasons why couples don’t consummate their marriage. While another study emphasised that the refusal or inability of many to wait until marriage before having sex has reduced the significance and once-upon-a-time importance attached to wedding night sex.

In this study, a United Kingdom-based stationeries company, PaperShaker, surveyed 1,000 newlyweds. It was found that the biggest reason for the decline in wedding night sex was that many people don’t wait until marriage to have sex.

In fact, about 16 per cent of the participants admitted to having more sex since becoming engaged. While 25 per cent said they did not have sex on their wedding night. Also, about 60 per cent said they slept with two or more of their wedding guests, more so because about 30 per cent said they invited their ex-lovers to their wedding. Men were more guilty of this.

It could be deduced that majority of couples getting married have already been around the block in the bedroom together, so the rush to finally do it on their wedding night isn’t nearly as intense or necessary.

Commenting on the study, a relationship expert, April Masini, said sex on the wedding night used to symbolise the end of virginity that was guarded until marriage unlike now that it has become more fashionable to have sex before marriage. “Because sex before marriage is now the norm, the tradition has lost its meaning, so sex on the wedding night might not have the significance that it used to,” she said.

In another survey by a money-saving website, VoucherCodesPro, which involved 2,128 newlyweds, it was found that more than 52 per cent of the participants didn’t have sex on their wedding night.

There were many reasons given for this unfulfilled expectation. These include the bride or the groom getting drunk, the bride or the groom being too tired and falling asleep, couples having argument during wedding reception, travelling to their honeymoon destination and looking after or being distracted by their children, for those who already had children before marriage.

Sorry, no sex tonight!Other reasons given by the participants include staying up all night partying and celebrating with guests and that neither of them felt like having sex, for whatever reason.

http://www.punchng.com/entertainment/saturday-breeze/revealed-most-newlyweds-dont-have-sex-on-wedding-nights/

Mtchew.....

Whatz so special about wedding nytes self.....

In a country were couples start having sex even b4 the pops the "will u marry me"

Statistic don't apply in nigeria so am not bodered
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Nobody: 10:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
Visocrate:
My fiance is a born again o I no chop craze make I mention sex before wedding that one go dey until after wedding a day after lol
so she never fuwadu before?
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by infogenius(m): 11:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
To hell with studies,
I had a tasty feel of my wife
that night and a few hours after.
No dulling
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by patwickk: 11:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
datguru:
My wedding night is gonna be great. It will be a day worth remembering
Virgin

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Immaangel(f): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hmmm, on that night I will put alarm so that I can wake up. I will tell him: honey its time o, d long awaited food is now ready to be eaten. Even as he dey dance for reception ground I will tell him to reserve some strength for tonight!

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by lovely17(m): 11:52pm On Apr 18, 2015
krall:
this world has spoilt!!!
we never fornicated in my days.

do you taste if an orange is sweet before you decide to buy it?
you are only allowed to examine with a little pressing here and there.

but nowadays...
pressing it here and there [sub][/sub]
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by UjSizzle(f): 11:57pm On Apr 18, 2015
Shouldn't come as a surprise. Most people are too tired after the stress of planning a ceremony to do anything but slump in bed and die for the next 8hrs.

There's the rest of their lives to consummate the marriage.
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by scobaba: 11:58pm On Apr 18, 2015
We dated for 6yrs...5yrs out of it ws sex filled. so weddin nyt was just like everyoda nyt.
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by OjayDavido(m): 12:27am On Apr 19, 2015
IYAMA!
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Revolva(m): 12:38am On Apr 19, 2015
cool cool wetin dem wan bang for again ..when dey have been banging well well before their marriage
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Ishilove: 2:19am On Apr 19, 2015
shinejackie:

Thanks, who knows maybe it might be someone here on Nairaland, l have the feeling the person might come from here, l have looked through my crystal ball but my mouth is lipsrsealed lipsrsealed for now.... grin
My dear, like Rihanna once sang, one can find love in the strangest places: the market place, the cramped Molue bus, while walking to the farm, and of course, Nairaland smiley
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by darlenese(f): 3:40am On Apr 19, 2015
Wrong Sampling...
Wrong Research...
Wrong Result....

Next time when u want to carry out a research, do it in areas where there is Low level of promiscuity.

This research was obviously carried out in a high promiscuous zone!
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Princess4eva(f): 6:05am On Apr 19, 2015
[quote
author=sweetorgasm post=32863359]@OP ure wrong, i dnt agree with wat
uve said simply bcaus sex on a wedding night among couples is on the
mind set, 9 out of 10 couples have it in mind dat d night on their
wedding day its 4 sex, so no matter d stress dat they might have gone
through at day time their mindset is still eagering and wanting 4 sex,
infact their libido get high when they are in their room alone at night
and there is 99% chance dat sex will take place.[/quote]

Well, not far from d truth. Haba! no matter the level of tiredness. Even if u'v both been active participants prior to wedding, I think dat mentality dat u're now doing it legally will spur u to action, just dat it may nt be as adventurous as ur previous sexcapades.

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by rumomonga(m): 7:53am On Apr 19, 2015
femisek:
I did not have sex on my wedding night too,on our way to the hotel that night my wife whispered to me that she is exhausted and sex would be a bad idea, I said OK because the text of maturity has started we never had sex when we courted but we had great Romance during the courtship,sex happened on sunday evening after we arrived from the beach close to our hotel it was mindblowing,sunday night,,Monday morn we Don get baby boy now self.I never experienced sex on my wedding night but I'm having great sexual experience n still counting

Were you guys virgins then?
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by otimothy(m): 8:01am On Apr 19, 2015
op leave that thing,all ur study is abroad abeg come study naija couples and lets see the response,cant believe i would sleep off or get drunk on the first night i am allowed to legitimately pour inside and shake yansh make e enta well well after all d nylon bag and withdrawal......

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by ogawisdom(m): 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
In naija most brides r at advanced stages of pregnancy during their wedding so we jst save them further stress cheesy undecided

1 Like

Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by MikoLee(m): 3:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
kodded:
now they will taste 57 oranges and finally buy the mango embarassed cry

I swear, you don kill me
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by armadeo(m): 4:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
ogawisdom:
In naija most brides r at advanced stages of pregnancy during their wedding so we jst save them further stress cheesy undecided

This I agree with.
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Monikween(f): 1:35am On Apr 20, 2015
dafil22:
Didn't ve sex b4 marriage cos I was dating(now married) a highly spiritual God-fearing lady. So our wedding night sex was gr8. Several rounds. Most memorable sex ever!
If it was ur So called first time u wouldn't enjoy it
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by KanwuliaJara: 6:10am On Apr 20, 2015
Over dose before the wedding night!
Exhausted! kiss
Re: Revealed! Most Newlyweds Don’t Have Sex On Wedding Nights by Sexychristeen(f): 10:49am On May 11, 2015
femisek:
I did not have sex on my wedding night too,on our way to the hotel that night my wife whispered to me that she is exhausted and sex would be a bad idea, I said OK because the text of maturity has started we never had sex when we courted but we had great Romance during the courtship,sex happened on sunday evening after we arrived from the beach close to our hotel it was mindblowing,sunday night,,Monday morn we Don get baby boy now self.I never experienced sex on my wedding night but I'm having great sexual experience n still counting

That is what o want too, a common understanding. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Appreciates The Christmas Chicken Her Husband Bought But Gets Slammed / What Was Your Monthly Income When You Married? / This Pretty Girl Is Missing (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.