Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,520 members, 7,816,263 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP (4595 Views)

How Peter Obi Killed APC In The East / How Peter Obi Betrayed GEJ At The Just Concluded Polls... / Sokoto Youths Sweep Jonathan, PDP Leaders Out-of-state - Pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 8:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
The noisy remnants of the colossal failure of the incumbent President at the presidential polls of March 28, 2015 may have begun to make its last exit from the national political scene but the intrigues surrounding the embarrassing lose may have only begun to leak out to the public terrain. This is as information available to societygists.com indicates the Deputy Director General of the Goodluck Jonathan presidential campaign organization – responsible for the operation in the south south and south east geopolitical zones in the person of Mr. Peter Obi is significantly responsible for the embarrassment suffered by President Jonathan on March 28, 2015.

As a caveat, shortly after the gubernatorial elections in Anambra State – that saw the victorious ascension of Willie Obiano of the All Progressive Grand Alliance [APGA] to the seat of governor – Mr. Peter Obi announced his decampment from the APGA to the Peoples Democratic Party [PDP] in a manner that saw the mighty chieftains of the PDP at his home Onitsha to receive him into the party. The decampment stole the headlines of many national news dailies and shocked many of the members of the APGA and those within PDP. Mr. Peter Obi had stated that he decided to join the PDP to help reelect President Jonathan. In return, the former governor of Anambra State under the APGA banner and now a PDP member was said to have been promised by President Jonathan a ministerial position – likely the Minister of Aviation – to replace the sacked Stella Odua. But the promise never materialized – largely owing to insistence by PDP chieftains from Anambra who threatened President Jonathan to drop the notion of appointing Mr. Peter Obi a minister from Anambra.

So as the preparations towards the presidential campaign fell into gear, and as President Jonathan set up his presidential campaign organization, Mr. Peter Obi was assigned in charge of the south east – and given the organizational title of deputy director general. Mr. Peter Obi became in charge of dissemination of resources and finances for all political activities within the said region – including on Election Day.

The beginnings of the betrayal by Peter Obi came when the Election Day plan was developed by a campaign team employed by the presidency to map out a strategy for victory at the polls. The campaign team were reported to comprise of former top officers of the Independent National Electoral Commission [INEC] and of the Nigerian intelligence community. The team’s primary responsibility included coercion of voters and INEC workers at the polling units on March 28, 2015 through heavy financial inducement.

A competent source conversant with the activities within the presidency revealed to societygists.com the strategy employed. Varying amounts of monies were earmarked for polling units across the country. For the south south and south east geopolitical zones – which the team marked as green states – were earmarked for N300,000 per polling unit – while the polling units in the north central zone – which were marked as grey states – were earmarked N500,000 per polling unit. The team had targeted having a significantly bumped up voter turnout rate in the three geopolitical zones of south south, south east, and north central – to outbalance the expected poll figures from the north west and north east geopolitical zones.

Through this effect, the sum of N27billion was earmarked for the south east and south south – and was remitted to the deputy director general – Mr. Peter Obi – through the instrumentality of the minister of petroleum resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison Madueke. The money was remitted by Diezani Allison Madueke.

But on Election Day, the south east states did not deliver enough votes for the President. Mr. Peter Obi, according to PDP chieftains who participated in Anambra elections on March 28, 2015, failed to distribute the money as agreed in the plan. Only N30,000 was distributed instead of the N300,000. For this reason, the INEC polling officials were not as willing to bump up the poll numbers as was done in 2011. The numbers registered at the south east polling units averaged at 550,000 to 660,000 for the PDP per state against an available voter’s strength that averages a little below 2,000,000 for each of the south east states – equivalent to about 4,000,000 to 5,000,000 votes – enough to give the President the expected victory.

With the defeat of March 28, 2015, it became clear to many within the outer circles of the PDP of the betrayal that might have taken place. While the PDP stalwarts observed that the PDP senatorial and House of Representatives candidates were able to manipulate their results to an easy victory for the south east and south south states – the likes of Senator Andy Uba, Stella Odua and Uche Ekwunife – in Anambra State.

Some of the concerned PDP chieftains – the like of Arthur Eze and others – found the actions of Mr. Peter Obi as clear betrayal of the party and of their presidential candidate. He clearly pointed to Peter Obi as responsible for the failed execution of the planned strategy. He “kept the money” given to him. Other chieftains within the APGA in Anambra state who also supported President Jonathan’s reelection also found Mr. Peter Obi’s actions as betrayal. The Anambra State APGA chairman, Mike Kwento was unapologetically stern as he told societygists.com that Mr. Peter Obi had taken President Jonathan for a ‘419’ lesson. The national chairman of APGA was also unforgiving as he called Mr. Peter Obi as ‘gamester’ who seized on an opportunity to swindle the President.
http://www.societygists.com/how-peter-obi-collected-n27billion-from-diezani-and-betrayed-jonathan-instead/
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by kodded(m): 8:19pm On Apr 18, 2015
undecided

4 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by Bamoha(m): 8:20pm On Apr 18, 2015
incase
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by imbless: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
No wonder I have stopped seeing Peter obi close to the president at any Presidential outing. we always warned jonathan against associating with Peter obi but he wouldn't listen. Even Anambra PDP rejected his joining the party but Jonathan couldn't do away with him. No Anambra pdp big wig joined the so called party leaders that visited him in his house to ask him to join the party.

2 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by efilefun(m): 8:26pm On Apr 18, 2015
lol
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by oneeast: 8:27pm On Apr 18, 2015
Foolishglobe you no dey tire.. cheesy cheesy

You need urgent help, I swear. . tongue

Societygist.com hahahahaha cheesy

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by Sooroptimist1: 8:28pm On Apr 18, 2015
Jonathan is one man that should be given a Gold medal in Cluelessness

Despite all what he was told about trusting people who have no electoral value,he refused to listen only to be scammed

From all the useless Afenifere/Yinka Odumakin in the SW to Gani Adams and Frederick Fasehun to Attahiru Bafarawa and Ibrahim Shekarau and now to Peter AdaObi who all collected money from him and pocketed same

11 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by vislabraye(m): 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2015
Hmmm... . What a Fraud
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by dondo83(m): 8:31pm On Apr 18, 2015
Everyone scamming the president. it is obvious they all knew it was a lost cause but since he was adamant on contesting the played to the gallery

4 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by VickJames(m): 8:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
These tabloids are misusing their liberty. They have used the past few days to highlight the people who betrayed the president just to sell their papers. This is wrong. The poor president is feeling bad about his lost mandate but the press keep opening healing wounds. The excessive leniency which GEJ gave these people is not good. He should sanction them already.

We know everyone betrayed Mr. President, please let him be.
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by Armaggedon: 8:33pm On Apr 18, 2015
Jonathan's mumuity cost him second tenure.
He sidelined the uba family in anambra and chose the empty and humpy dumby peter obi that could't win one senatorial seat in his 8yrs reign as governor as his campaign director, not only in SE but entire south. That was suicidal!

No wonder he was busy dragging one polling unit at agulu, a time he should be getting updates all over the south.

Peter obi is a failure and shall ever remain so. Unfortunately Jonathan has learnt the hard way.

3 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by tinuolababy(f): 8:35pm On Apr 18, 2015
I've lost count on d number of pple responsible for JEG's failure. Mtsheeeew

3 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by babasanti: 8:39pm On Apr 18, 2015
Let this tabloids keep spreading lies, coup is coming to nigeria soon.
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by AnambraDota: 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2015
Why can't you leave chief Obi alone, since this man sacked your mother as a ghost staff in Anambra State civil service your yet to accept what life served you with.
Obi cannot allow your mum to be a ghost worker in Anambra so that people like you will be trumpeting his name everywhere

2 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
oneeast:
Foolishglobe you no dey tire.. cheesy cheesy

You need urgent help, I swear. . tongue

Societygist.com hahahahaha cheesy
keep doing your job, I know its from these loot that Peter obi pays you and Valentine obienyem, or rather, Valentine pays you from this loot after Peter pays him. Don't go and get a life you eddioott, keep being a puppet of a known fraudster

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 8:54pm On Apr 18, 2015
AnambraDota:
Why can't you leave chief Obi alone, since this man sacked your mother as a ghost staff in Anambra State civil service your yet to accept what life served you with.
Obi cannot allow your mum to be a ghost worker in Anambra so that people like you will be trumpeting his name everywhere
This loser, guess I'm the one that published the story fool. Defend your master Peter obi and stop distracting us from the main issue

3 Likes

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by oneeast: 9:00pm On Apr 18, 2015
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by oneeast: 9:05pm On Apr 18, 2015
Quite alright u didnt publish the 'tory' but it has become very very clear that what he said is a fact going by ur constant fixation on PO. cheesy

Nwanne wish u can get some help though. tongue

FreeGlobe:

This loser, guess I'm the one that published the story fool. Defend your master Peter obi and stop distracting us from the main issue
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by Nobody: 9:07pm On Apr 18, 2015
Through this effect, the sum of N27billion was earmarked for the south east and south south – and was remitted to the deputy director general – Mr. Peter Obi – through the instrumentality of the minister of petroleum resources, Mrs. Diezani Allison Madueke. The money was remitted by Diezani Allison Madueke.
I stopped reading the trash when I got to this point. How much was the total monÉy realised for GEJ campaign that a whopping N27b will be given to Obi just for SS and SE mobilisation? The way people mention these billions like they know what they are saying. @OP this article defies logic and common sense,

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 9:09pm On Apr 18, 2015
oneeast:
Quite alright u didnt publish the 'tory' but it has become very very clear that what he said is a fact going by ur constant fixation on PO. cheesy

Nwanne wish u can get some help though. tongue

same with your constant fixation on Rochas. You need help too cheesy
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by Nobody: 9:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
this freeglobe wonder what it is Peter obi did to u.

take it easy on d hate....

Peter obi is no where near power after 29
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by Nobody: 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
I think it should be only Edo state pdp that used their money well, in some places people were paid upto 2k to vote for pdp
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 9:17pm On Apr 18, 2015
dcaliph:
I think it should be only Edo state pdp that used their money well, in some places people were paid upto 2k to vote for pdp
Imo and Rivers too
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by Nobody: 9:18pm On Apr 18, 2015
barcanista:
I stopped reading the trash when I got to this point. How much was the total monÉy realised for GEJ campaign that a whopping N27b will be given to Obi just for SS and SE mobilisation? The way people mention these billions like they know what they are saying. @OP this article defies logic and common sense,

go through the op previous posts. we Anambra folks here know him. he is a paid sycophant. who's job is to kill Peter Obis image online
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by oneeast: 9:21pm On Apr 18, 2015
The guy is my brother but I know for sure that he needs all the help he can get. . tongue

No need insulting him. Help if u can.

patmaine:

go through the op previous posts. we Anambra folks here know him. he is a paid sycophant. who's job is to kill Peter Obis image online
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by FreeGlobe(f): 9:25pm On Apr 18, 2015
patmaine:

you are very foolish. which image does Peter obi have and I guess you are the one paying me fool.

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by ifyan(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2015
barcanista:

Barci abeg no vex if I ask you dis question.

Y u no be babe na .

Kai! If not , hmmmm wetin I go do,Make i no talk.

Because the way you analyse things baffle me.

Thumb up bro.

Remember you know. ......
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by chymystique(f): 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2015
Me I ve no business with GEJ and Peter obi Campaign fund issue. Mine is Peter Obi should not be trusted.. I will never forget what he said before the AHOA election.. How can Mr. Obi tell anambrarians to vote PDP against APGA after imposing Willie on Anambra people and his other divisive speeChes... I just dont wanna start with him yet and his 8yrs administration. He should better go and hide his faCe in shame! Cause Willie has shown him that he is more influential and an action gov...He has no integrity and he is a sour loser!

1 Like

Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by ifyan(m): 10:08pm On Apr 18, 2015
FreeGlobe:
No wonder I have stopped seeing Peter obi close to the president at any Presidential outing. we always warned jonathan against associating with Peter obi but he wouldn't listen. Even Anambra PDP rejected his joining the party but Jonathan couldn't do away with him. No Anambra pdp big wig joined the so called party leaders that visited him in his house to ask him to join the party.

Madam please with due respect why did you hate Mr PETER OBI.

Because I have observed that you use the slightest opportunity to attack him.

Though he was my r....m.....in politics but his decamping to another party surprise me. Not only me , l know it surprises others as well.

Let me tell you something., l still rate him far ahead of his pears in governance.

You may agree with me he is not the best but to me he is one of the best ever we have ever produced in the country.

But he fought
Lay the foundation
Pave way
Utilise the opportunity
Etc.

Believe me this man did a marvellous job during his time.

I am waiting for your reply.

Thanks with love to whomever deserve it.

You know. ....
Re: How Peter Obi Betrayed And Defrauded President Jonathan, PDP by modath(f): 10:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
dcaliph:

Ekiti PDP did too, 2k as well....

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING NEWS: Adams Oshiomhole Has Been Removed As APC National Chairman. / Prominent Nigerians Who Aren't Igbos Speak Up Against Igbo Hatred In Nigeria - V / February 2024 Will Be The Craziest Month In The History Of The Planet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.