Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,796 members, 7,820,794 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:47 PM

Jonathan Should Take National Conference Document With Him When He Leaves Aso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Should Take National Conference Document With Him When He Leaves Aso (708 Views)

Punch Reporter Leaves Aso Villa After His Expulsion (Photo) / Nigerians React Over Buhari Signing A Document With His Name Wrongly Spelt / First Lady With 13 Lives Leaves Aso Rock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Should Take National Conference Document With Him When He Leaves Aso by olamonsor2: 8:49pm On Apr 18, 2015
Jonathan Should Take National Conference Document With Him When He Leaves Aso Villa, Shehu Sani Says

“The payments made to legislature must be made public and it is what I intend to do. I intend to make mine [salary] public. This includes the office staff of legislatures,” he told SaharaTV.

Senator-Elect Shehu Sani, representing Kaduna Central, told SaharaTV during an exclusive interview that he believes President Jonathan should take the National Conference recommendations with him when he leaves Aso Villa.

The National Conference, which cost more than 11 billion Naira, was organized by President Jonathan last year to discuss the challenges facing Nigeria and possible solutions to them.

“My personal opinion is when Jonathan leaving the villa he should not forget to take the recommendations of that conference,” Senator-Elect Sani told SaharaTV.

“It should be part of the loads taken to his own vehicle,” he added.

Senator-Elect said that he is not sure how his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), would deal with the National Conference recommendations but that he has been in opposition to it since last year.

On the fiscal conditions of Nigeria he said that the APC-lead government needs to be honest and that, “the truth is that we don’t have as much money as we used to have.”

He argued that the salaries and allowances should be made known to the public, and should be reduced.

“The payments made to legislature must be made public and it is what I intend to do. I intend to make mine [salary] public. This includes the office staff of legislatures,” he told SaharaTV.

Everyone must make financial sacrifices from the President downward. “If they don’t sacrifice their payments and allowances then who will? Patriotism isn’t just for the poor,” according to him.

He added that it was not right that Senators and Parliamentarians are paid 100 million Naira when the price of oil is falling.

http://saharareporters.com/2015/04/18/jonathan-should-take-national-conference-document-him-when-he-leaves-aso-villa-shehu-sani

Re: Jonathan Should Take National Conference Document With Him When He Leaves Aso by Basildvalour(m): 8:51pm On Apr 18, 2015
He should pass it on to the next government for review and possible implementation.

The amount of money, time and brains spent on that project can't just be allowed to lie wastefully.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Should Take National Conference Document With Him When He Leaves Aso by UAE123(m): 9:02pm On Apr 18, 2015
I for one never supported the national conference but now that the conference has successfully completed its mandate then the incoming administration need to throw the document away because huge amount was spent on it & I am totally in support of government officials disclosing their salaries & allowances so that the ordinary Nigerians will know what they are earning.
Re: Jonathan Should Take National Conference Document With Him When He Leaves Aso by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 18, 2015
Typical word and many more to expect from born to rule animals.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Should Take National Conference Document With Him When He Leaves Aso by babadee1(m): 9:13pm On Apr 18, 2015
Nothing good came out of that conference. The 11 billon naira spent on it was a complete waste. No govt should have to gather people together and pay them obscene amounts of money to give recommendations that should be common sense solutions.

Basildvalour:
He should pass it on to the next government for review and possible implementation.

The amount of money, time and brains spent on that project can't just be allowed to lie wastefully.

(1) (Reply)

PDP Govs, Chiefs Recruit Obasanjo In Move To Hijack Party From Jonathan / Oshiomhole – No Regrets If I Quit Politics Today / FOUR Dead In Rivers State; APC Members Target Of Assasination

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.