Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,024 members, 7,838,569 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition (551 Views)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Saraki Doesn’t Deserve Pity, He And His Gang Of Thieves Scattered Apc’s Plan – I / An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition by SleekyP(m): 10:32pm On Apr 18, 2015
Senator Bukola Saraki has said that declaration of assets by politicians and public office holders won’t make them less corrupt or accountable to the people.

Saraki who made this assertion during an interview on Saturday said, “I don’t think it is declaration of assets that would make you less corrupt or more accountable.”

He however made this claim against the declaration by President-elect, Muhammadu Buhari that anyone who must work with him should declare their assets publicly in order to halt corruption and enhance transparency.

“I pledge to publicly declare my assets and liabilities, encourage all my appointees to publicity declare their assets and liabilities as a pre-condition for appointment,” Buhari stated.

Saraki observed that declaration of assets should not be taken as an issue.

He said “I think it is your own individual commitment to your party and leadership provided.”

“Leadership is very important because the leader leads by example. Honestly, things will change. Instead of sitting with the president to seek favour, you come home and sit down with your people so that you can have the better chance of winning election,” he added.

Saraki representing Kwara Central senatorial district noted that the key areas which would be addressed by the incoming ACP-led government are the issues of corruption, security and jobs for youth in the country.

He noted that “There would be zero tolerance for corruption and because of the backdrop of that, you begin to see revenue coming up and you will have more money for infrastructural development.”

Re: Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition by Machiny: 10:36pm On Apr 18, 2015
But its simply the truth ...declaration of assets does not stop a petsonfrom stealing .because they would always get wiser to beat the system .just make the system cashless.there will be nothing to steal .they just deal with papers.I bet you many wld resign
Re: Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition by theV0ice: 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
i think GMB is more concerned about the folks he can directly influence. these are ministers, heads of agencies etc whose appointments are solely his prerogative.

he can't insist elected officials like senators, governors etc. he can only encourage them to and he knows
Re: Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition by Aitee1: 10:45pm On Apr 18, 2015
Good!!!
Re: Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition by nzeobi(m): 11:10pm On Apr 18, 2015
It can't stop corruption. The politicians will still give their stolen wealth to family and trusted friends who will serve as proxy.
Re: Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition by SleekyP(m): 11:12pm On Apr 18, 2015
nzeobi:
It can't stop corruption. The politicians will still give their stolen wealth to family and trusted friends who will serve as proxy.
Just like Abacha's case.
Re: Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition by Nobody: 11:43pm On Apr 18, 2015
Saraki knows that the APC campaign is laden with corruption. Nobody has asked Buhari to publish his campaign expenses and to show the source of the funding of the campaign. That should be his first declaration before you tell us of assets declaration.

For transparency sake. Let president elect publish his campaign expenses. Sources of the funding and how he would be repaying. That is how it is done in advanced democracies. Thereafter I can believe this anti corruption mantra. Otherwise, all na wash!!?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Apparently, Saraki Doesn’t Buy Buhari’s Asset Declaration Condition by aboto49(m): 11:44pm On Apr 18, 2015
Ok

(1) (Reply)

FACT: MTN Will Perish Without Nigeria! / Rivers Governorship Election Remains Valid – Jega / Buhari Vs AIT: Nigerians Fear The Return Of Decree 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.