Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,290 members, 7,850,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:11 PM

I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari (2101 Views)

Okorocha: "What Fits Me Is President, Not Governor" / First Lady, Aisha Buhari Closes Beauty Parlour / Portrait Of The First Lady Aisha Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by skak(m): 12:15am On Apr 19, 2015
Read excerpts from the interview below:

You urged people not to stone anybody, why are
you taking the path of peace?

Since democracy has come to stay, we are
supposed to practise it like we practise our
religions. Our children copy from us so, we should
never preach violence. We have to play politics with
morality, integrity and with capacity, not violence.

Judging by all the bashes that the current first lady
gets from different quarters, are you in anyway
scared of taking this position?

No, I am not scared because I know my limitations
and boundaries. Once you attempt to go beyond
where you should be, you can receive all sorts of
things.

Who are those you would say inspired you as a
woman?

Every woman that can stand up for herself and on
her own, indomitable women and courageous
women, those are my role models.

What are your plans for the office of the first lady
when your husband assumes office?

First of all, as you said that the current first lady is
receiving bashes from all corners of the country.
The former first lady, late Mariam Babangida, may
her soul rest in peace, introduced the office of the
first lady, but I am beginning to think that she died
with the glory of the office. I think I will prefer to be
called the wife of the president of the Federal
Republic of Nigeria than the first lady of Nigeria.

When you start performing as the first lady, what
are those things you will have in place as your give
back to the people?

Like they normally ask me some questions about pet
projects, because some past first ladies normally
had theirs, for me, maybe I may have, but I don’t
have one now because there are a lot of problems in
the country and there are lots of women with good
ideas. If I decided to come up with one programme,
that will divert everybody’s attention and I think the
rest of the programme may not come up or may not
survive. If there are genuine projects from different
people, I will help champion the programmes rather
than me having only one pet programme.

http://www.naij.com/423878-i-prefer-to-be-called-the-wife-of-the-president-not-first-lady-aisha-buhari.html?pk_campaign=ush
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by jamex93(m): 12:20am On Apr 19, 2015
leading by example

mama waiting we go call u now

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by don4real: 12:21am On Apr 19, 2015
We hear, wife of the president

3 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by Nobody: 12:25am On Apr 19, 2015
GOD bless her!!!!!!!!!she is mynofigicaliminitive pondumigously endurilintataliciously beautifully beautiful and intelligent...don't bother to check your dictionary.

kodded:
can someone tell me what is the name of the office given to Michelle obama
?
Afrikanz una don come again with una craze man mentality undecided
At your age you cannot make any comment without sounding dumb...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by midolian(m): 12:26am On Apr 19, 2015
As Patience Jona don spoil dat title na

6 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by Qmab: 12:29am On Apr 19, 2015
midolian:
abi o, She probably thought it was synonymous with queen lady.

9 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by mytime24(f): 12:31am On Apr 19, 2015
midolian:
haha
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by kodded(m): 12:31am On Apr 19, 2015
can someone tell me what is the name of the office given to Michelle obama
?

Afrikanz una don come again with una craze man mentality undecided

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by skak(m): 12:31am On Apr 19, 2015
I don't know why but I love this woman.
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by drtwist(m): 12:31am On Apr 19, 2015
who you help?
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by IfyAwazie(f): 12:34am On Apr 19, 2015
Ok, watelse.

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by kodded(m): 12:45am On Apr 19, 2015
wakacome:
GOD bless her!!!!!!!!!she is mynofigicaliminitive pondumigously endurilintataliciously beautifully beautiful and intelligent...don't bother to check your dictionary.

undecided

and at your age you can't ignore a "dumb" person

Fooooool angry

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by midolian(m): 12:49am On Apr 19, 2015
wakacome:

he has only advertized his dumb self by putting in bold all the rubbish he had to spew...
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 12:50am On Apr 19, 2015
Nothing wrong with "First Lady", Everything wrong with "Office of First Lady" and "Wife of the President". Both indicates that a woman can't become the president of Nigeria.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by saintfizzo(m): 1:00am On Apr 19, 2015
Ilekeh:
Nothing wrong with "First Lady", Everything wrong with "Office of First Lady" and "Wife of the President". Both indicates that a woman can't become the president of Nigeria.
Negative... the aims of the initiator of the "first lady" idea has been utterly and disgracefully defeated by the current office holder... we shld probably start correcting our errors by reffering to our script.. the constitution, an ammendment to include "office of the first lady" shld be given a proper deliberation.... thumbs up to aisha for her humility... it's on point

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by Nobody: 1:01am On Apr 19, 2015
let her go with whatever suits her...
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by Ilekeh(f): 1:07am On Apr 19, 2015
saintfizzo:

Negative... the aims of the initiator of the "first lady" idea has been utterly and disgracefully defeated by the current office holder... we shld probably start correcting our errors by reffering to our script.. the constitution, an ammendment to include "office of the first lady" shld be given a proper deliberation.... thumbs up to aisha for her humility... it's on point

Agreed, Patience is a reptile. However, my previous opinion still stands un-wavered.
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by Owoloku1: 1:08am On Apr 19, 2015
Okay madam wife of the president
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by saintfizzo(m): 1:11am On Apr 19, 2015
Ilekeh:

Agreed, Patience is a reptile. However, my previous opinion still stands un-wavered.
#2fingers brah
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by Nobody: 3:22am On Apr 19, 2015
African fools...I see this lady being another Stella obasanjo...I pity women....this woman can obviously not fight for them

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by denedene(m): 3:30am On Apr 19, 2015
madam stop talking much concentrate on your duties. undecided

4 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by darlenese(f): 3:51am On Apr 19, 2015
When did "wife" become a title?
Abegiiiiiiiiii

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by nnenna311: 4:10am On Apr 19, 2015
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by mrpackager(m): 4:49am On Apr 19, 2015
mtchew

wetin concern usundecided

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by ki02020(m): 4:51am On Apr 19, 2015
BABA pls if ur old school style of govt will make Nigeria one of the best countries then baba carry go!!!

Let those that lack discipline quote me wrongly
Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by Nobody: 4:57am On Apr 19, 2015
BADNEAT:
African fools...I see this lady being another Stella obasanjo...I pity women....this woman can obviously not fight for them
You are correct. She seems to be in the mould of Stella Obasanjo or Mrs. Fashola

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by RichDad1(m): 5:07am On Apr 19, 2015
Better Woman. Unlike some egomaniac shepopotamuss.

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by baby124: 5:11am On Apr 19, 2015
Whatever suits her. It's her time, she better use it wisely because she will be under intense scrutiny. That position is not for the faint hearted. Make a good impact and do your best so that history will judge you fairly

1 Like

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by tyson99(m): 5:40am On Apr 19, 2015
kITATITA:

You are correct. She seems to be in the mould of Stella Obasanjo or Mrs. Fashola
BAD BELLE

is allowed!!

2 Likes

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by cococandy(f): 5:40am On Apr 19, 2015
undecided undecided

Whatever.

I sincerely hope she's not the eye-serving goody-two-shoes kind of woman.
Because I don't know what's wrong with being called a First Lady if you're one.

Rejecting the title is not a sign of humility.
Maybe she thinks it is. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Prefer To Be Called The Wife Of The President Not First Lady - Aisha Buhari by appini: 6:32am On Apr 19, 2015
Fake humility. Who cares!!!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTOS: List Of Nigerian Senate Presidents That Were Impeached / Zenith Bank Unveils New Logo: Photo / Nigerians Eat Too Much Rice, That’s Why It Is Expensive – Audu Ogbeh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.