Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,964 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari (46429 Views)

No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki / Who Among The Newly Costituted Fed. Cabinet Will Be The First To Resign Or Fired / I Will Name My Cabinet This Month, Buhari Tells Ghana's President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by PassingShot(m): 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
parade don change gear.
y him lie about routing out boko haram in 2mnths?
also y not answer the question are u going to declare ur assets?
y give us long sermon n history lectures hw he did it 3times in d past n at d end, endup not answeing that question.
me i knw say u wont deliver, all u wanted was to see hw aso rock be like. but if u fail, i will personally campaign for ur continuity cos u must rule till u tire!

What he said in that interview was "few months" and not "two months".

He answered the asset declaration but only the matured and critical minds will understand.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by wasmilebags: 12:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
That my president elect
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2015
Gbawe:

Please give it a rest. You will only make a bigger fool of yourself. Learn to give credit where due. Leaner cabinet is a prerequisite to making more money available for capital spending. It is as simple as that and this development is something every Nigerian should praise even if you will add a cautionary note that this must translate into tangible and visible progress in other sectors like road/transport infrastructure. To say a smaller cabinet is "irrelevant" show you are one of those wishing GMB to fail since you have no interest in acknowledging the laudable and much-desired action all PDP Presidents, bar OBJ, have rejected outright to persevere with bloated governance which is always a sign a new Government is 'dead on arrival' . This is how some of us knew the GEJ you supported feverishly was another 'dead on arrival' President. I.e his announcement in 2011 that "Leaner cabinet not possible".

Whether you wish to give him credit for it or not, all Nigerians will know Buhari's pursuit of a leaner cabinet is a step in the right direction. Nigerians are already seeing the difference and enemies of our Nations progress who wanted GEJ to take her down will be shamed. How a progressive polity behave is to praise/acknowledge leaders when they do the right things and criticise them when they err. Go to the thread below to see how we did it in 2011. Note that had GEJ done what he should have then he would have had the support of even those who did not vote for or believe in him as long as we are talking of people who believe in the progress of Nigeria above everything else. GMB is already showing he wants to do the right things others have neglected/rejected.

https://www.nairaland.com/671177/jonathan-leaner-cabinet-impossible-now
All this long English will take you no where. I've told you my expectations from Buhari's government, and running a small cabinet ain't one of them.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Nobody: 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2015
tunene66:
S147 of the Constitution makes it mandatory for every state to be represent in the Federal Executive Council. So with 36 states there cannot be less than 36 ministers in Nigeria except that section is amended.
And you think the NA and the various States Houses of Assembly will agree to amend a section that benefit their sponsors and they themselves seek to benefit from? Buhari and Buharists are learners

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by alawaiss(m): 12:13pm On Apr 19, 2015
Baba...remember d ageing women dat trek 2 kebbi nd Bauchi rspctvly 2 giv u dia life savin, wit a view u'l bring a bettr 2mrow 2 dia chldren. Baba ip u failed uz, Nija wil collapse nd hstry wil neva 4giv u nd ur fmly
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Nobody: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
See how Buhari tactically avoided a very important question. Rather than answering the question, he was blaming the PDP. I hope Buhari will not run a blame game administration.

QUESTION: A new government, which you will head, will soon be inaugurated. Can you tell us what criteria you will be using in selecting those who you will work with?

Buhari Answer: It is a difficult time for Nigerians as you all know. I have said it in the past that, in the last 16 years, Nigeria has never realised the amount of revenue it received. The price of a barrel of crude oil rose to about 140 dollars and then crashed to about 50 dollars. During the 16 years, we know what happened to some big companies that employ a lot of Nigerians and give them training facilities like the Nigeria Airways, Nigeria National Shipping Line.
Even Nigeria Railway is managing to be on paper with some refurbished engines moving from Lagos to Ibadan and a few other places. If you go to their stations all over the country, you will realise that they are in a terrible shape. The important thing in a country with a huge population of youths with more than 60 percent of them under the age of 30 who are unemployed is that you need these institutions to give jobs and training to them. It is very disappointing that the PDP government virtually failed to use those resources to grow the economy.
I think the worst thing is the lack of accountability and the terrible budgetary system. Imagine that over 90 percent of Nigerian budget is on recurrent.

He never give straight answer to any question. Well it's too early. I will always wish him success and hope there will be real change in Nigeria as we will need a new direction. The most important thing is for him to fall into the hands of money-bag politicians.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Mogidi: 12:14pm On Apr 19, 2015
During your campaigns you promised to declare your assets if elected. Now that you have been elected, will you stick to your position?

[s]I made a statement which has not been correctly captured by the media. I said that our generation, from the Murtala, made sure that those who had appointments must declare their assets and this was later articulated in the Constitution.[/s]

yada yada yada without answering the question.

Just answer the question, will you declare your assets?
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by philips70(m): 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
Entchidodo:
Anything to reduce cost of governance and thieffnubu's influence is ok by us....Sai Baba.

You are gradually regaining sanity. The blood of GMB is gradually covering you. Praise the Lord somebody. Maybe the same you will refer to thieffnubu as a hero in the near future.

1 Like

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Desteenee(m): 12:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
Gbawe:

To be honest, people like you should cease commenting on governance issues from now on because it is obvious you will never comment objectively since you remain bitter about ending up on the losing side. A smaller cabinet is very praiseworthy and one of the solutions demanded of Nigerian Presidents because it s directly related to Nigeria's success.

Is it not obvious there is a direct link between a smaller cabinet and cutting the annual recurrent expenditure of Nigeria, now running ridiculous at well over the traditional 70%, and making more money available for much-needed capital spending? How you can then say "Whether your cabinet is big or small is irrelevant" shows you have nothing to add here but nonsensical and petty comments. If your comments are going to be driven by childish bitterness then stop commenting and only read the input of other posters who know how to think and talk/criticise maturely for the benefit of the progress of their nation.
Gbawe! Mr know it all I hail thee.
Though, i dont agree with him but that is his opinion for God's sake.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Nobody: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mykevp2p:

He never give straight answer to any question. Well it's too early. I will always wish him success and hope there will be real change in Nigeria as we will need a new direction. The most important thing is for him to fall into the hands of money-bag politicians.
He has already fallen to the moneybags
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by redcliff: 12:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
kettykin:
Small cabinet can lead to excessive bureaucracy, where a single minister will be manning up to 4 big government agencies some which he doesn't have knowledge about

There is nothing that doesnt have advantages and disadvantages. However coming up with the right plan to tackle them is the best option.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by ZUBY77(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
"There are things that, no matter how much you want to do them, you can’t do them."

That's the best part of the interview. That's where Jonathan’s administration failed.

1 Like

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by UncleJudax(m): 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
LaRoyalHighness:
Now that I have spent my time to read this epistle. Please Baba don't deny this tomorrow. Meanwhile! Action and less talk.
I had to read a lengthy article about a small cabinet. Ironic. Lol
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by squaredon(m): 12:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
all we should be doing now is to pray to Almighty God to see him true and that all his promises will come to pass (make e no come be empty promise o)
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by tunene66: 12:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
7S147 of the Constitution makes it mandatory for every state to be represent in the Federal Executive Council. So with 36 states there cannot be less than 36 ministers in Nigeria except that section is amended.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Actionleap: 12:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Buhari has integrity but does not have much in leadership and governance abeg! How can he say Sudan has better education system than Nigeria?! Is not terrorism and radical Islamicism they learn there?
How can Buhari lash out at GEJ for seeking the assistance of neighboring countries to fight BH, but Buhari is saying he would seek further cooperation with these same neighbors?!
How do Buhari accuse PDP of destroying Nigeria Airways and Nigeria Shipping lines in 16yrs when it is apparent to everyone that it is his constituency, the Nigeria military coupists who destroyed these institution even before 1999?! OBJ is APC navigator now, Buhari should ask him.
I think Buhari should try as much as possible to avoid talking too much as interviews. That would save him a lot.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by odogwux(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
Gbawe:

To be honest, people like you should cease commenting on governance issues from now on because it is obvious you will never comment objectively since you remain bitter about ending up on the losing side. A smaller cabinet is very praiseworthy and one of the solutions demanded of Nigerian Presidents because it s directly related to Nigeria's success.

Is it not obvious there is a direct link between a smaller cabinet and cutting the annual recurrent expenditure of Nigeria, now running ridiculous at well over the traditional 70%, and making more money available for much-needed capital spending? How you can then say "Whether your cabinet is big or small is irrelevant" shows you have nothing to add here but nonsensical and petty comments. If your comments are going to be driven by childish bitterness then stop commenting and only read the input of other posters who know how to think and talk/criticise maturely for the benefit of the progress of their nation.

You be real shameless agbaya. No be u talk say u no go post for NL again? Because buhari win u wan flex your cheap grammar with ya pikin mate

Who are u to tell him how to hold his govt accountable after all the vile, hypocritical language you poured on the outgoing govt YOU NOW WANT GMB TO BE A SACRED COW? You must be mad cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Chinom(m): 12:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
oga e be like you and Buhari no understand our constitution.
1. The Constitution makes it MANDATORY for every state to produce at least a Minister. That means the minimum number of Ministers will be 36 at any time.

2. Buhari cannot regulate the income of the NA, they are autonomous, they regulate their own pay by themselves.

3. Buhari is showing us that his party ie his puppetteers will determine his government. That is the beginning of his flop. He should check the antecedent of men like Oyegun, Akande, Tinubu, Atiku, Sam Jaja etc...

I know what the constitution says, but a strong president, which I expect Buhari to be, will and should call the bluff of party and carry out policies for the benefit of the common people of Nigeria. GMB will fail woefully if he toes party lines. He should be prepared for a head on collision with the National assembly in which his party has the majority anyway.
Some of you people always throw up the constitution any time I mention cutting the salaries of members of the NA. That is absurd. The NA assembly gets allocations based on the budget prepared and presented by the minister of finance. Buhari can surely twist their arms if the will is there. Have you forgotten that OBJ withheld Lagos state allocations for months despite it being determined in the constitution.
Even recently GEJ slashed Rivers state's allocations singlehandedly.
This is the time for Buhari to kick azz and do what he has to do to salvage the country. He cannot use the NA assembly as an excuse. Once the people are behind him, he can do it. I don't even want them to paid salaries anymore. They should only be given sitting allowances and should live in their own homes and use their own cars. Buhari can force those changes. You will be surprised how many NA members will be in support. They've all made enough money already. In fact APC should champion that cause. Nigeria can never move forward if a Nigerian senator continues to earn more than Obama. That's outrageous.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Nobody: 12:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
President elect sounding more of a Democrat unlike him. Wish him all the best as he assume office come may 29th.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Gbawe: 12:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
Chinom:

I know what the constitution says, but a strong president, which I expect Buhari to be, will and should call the bluff of party and carry out policies for the benefit of the common people of Nigeria. GMB will fail woefully if he toes party lines. He should be prepared for a head on collision with the National assembly in which his party has the majority anyway.
Some of you people always throw up the constitution any time I mention cutting the salaries of members of the NA. That is absurd. The NA assembly gets allocations based on the budget prepared and presented by the minister of finance. Buhari can surely twist their arms if the will is there. Have you forgotten that OBJ withheld Lagos state allocations for months despite it being determined in the constitution.
Even recently GEJ slashed Rivers state's allocations singlehandedly.
This is the time for Buhari to kick azz and do what he has to do to salvage the country. He cannot use the NA assembly as an excuse. Once the people are behind him, he can do it. I don't even want them to paid salaries anymore. They should only be given sitting allowances and should live in their own homes and use their own cars. Buhari can force those changes. You will be surprised how many NA members will be in support. They've all made enough money already. In fact APC should champion that cause. Nigeria can never move forward if a Nigerian senator continues to earn more than Obama. That's outrageous.

Thank you. We expect Buhari to deliver because he has something others before him, since 1999, have lacked. I.e pro-people political will.

2 Likes

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by apasino01: 12:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
I live this man. He already had plans and mechanisms to execute them.
everybody has plans ontil trouble sleep yanga go wake am
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by kraftykc(m): 12:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
nzeobi:
But I understand the constitution says that every state must be represented in the State executive council

Yes but I believe he is talking about the transition cabinet in this case.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by IOAGEM: 12:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I still maintain my stand that it's irrelevant whether Buhari runs a small or big government. What matters is the results. If he runs a small government but failed to deliver on his manifesto promises will you congratulate him for running a small cabinet? No. It's the outcome that's important in a policy, not input or output.

We expect to see constant electricity, affordable and accessible fuel, cheap food commodity, jobs and a stronger naira against the dollar. How he intends achieving this is his own headache, not mine.

So you expected to see constant electricity and all the bla bla and you let your broda spoil the system, you didn't expect anything from your broda GEJ as along as he remains their, you should be ashamed of yourself for expecting something from GMB,infact see how disgraceful you are now for acknowledging GEJ failed in basic provisions of life.
Before election we were rationing 2.5k mgw now it has jumped to 5.5k mgw who is fooling who. If Nigeria is good everybody irrespective of your background would benefit. Comeback a year today and see what governance looks like . Wawakowoi

4 Likes

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Nobody: 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Some of you are so blinded by bigotry and it is cancerous to your life .This is an interview that is so much straight to the point and it explains his desire and plans for the future .Only those whose soul has been polluted by pure evil from the depth of hell will say this man doesn't know what he Is saying. GEJ a clueless man never outlined what he intended to do through out his six miserable years in power .Now a man who knows what he is doing and what the masses seek is talking some people who are destined for Hades are seeing things Negatively .On this note I take anybody who sees anything negative about this interview as somebody who is in dare need of exorcism as his life is ruled by Lucifer and is destined to perish soon. Quote negatively and ancestral curses placed on erring people in the bible will be yours .

3 Likes

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by tomzman: 12:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Good interview. I pray he delivers.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by T4kbaba(m): 12:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
imsuboi:
if you like, let your cabinet be as large as daura,

I'm waiting for 24hrs power supply &
5000naira monthly allowance;
to mention but a few.

Illiterate
shocked
Go and bath on transformer
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by 1miccza: 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
parade don change gear.
y him lie about routing out boko haram in 2mnths?
also y not answer the question are u going to declare ur assets?
y give us long sermon n history lectures hw he did it 3times in d past n at d end, endup not answeing that question.
me i knw say u wont deliver, all u wanted was to see hw aso rock be like. but if u fail, i will personally campaign for ur continuity cos u must rule till u tire!

Seconded I dey your back complete!!
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by persius555(m): 12:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
STPEACE:
Message 2 our president Elect BUHARI # baba If You Get To ASO
ROCK
1) Dont come-up with 36-point
agenda.
Just give us Light and security. Odas
will fall in place
2) Reduce the costs for data bundles
3) Make Fashola a minister with 10
portfolios. He
can handle it.
4) Baba, d number of fish in each tin of Titus
sardine used to be 8 in 1999. Please
do
something about it.
5) shut all borders. Our jail candidates
must not be allowed to escape to Cotonou.
6) Don’t Use 1billion Naira to Eat. No Be
Food We
Say Make U Go Chop!
7) Please arrest dat lady that says your
call credit is low please recharge!
cool stop jumbo salary 4 d politicians &
pay dem
like civil servant 2 discourage rogues
from our
politics cool don’t use all our money to buy shoes
and private jets. use ur old military
boots and
okada if necessary
9) let there be electricity, we don’t
want to be hugging transformers
10) we want NTA to be clear like CNN,
BBC, Aljazeera and so on
Seun, Abeg serve this bros two bottle of e-orijin. Hope the incoming govt listens.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Nobody: 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
See how Buhari tactically avoided a very important question. Rather than answering the question, he was blaming the PDP. I hope Buhari will not run a blame game administration.

QUESTION: A new government, which you will head, will soon be inaugurated. Can you tell us what criteria you will be using in selecting those who you will work with?

Buhari Answer: It is a difficult time for Nigerians as you all know. I have said it in the past that, in the last 16 years, Nigeria has never realised the amount of revenue it received. The price of a barrel of crude oil rose to about 140 dollars and then crashed to about 50 dollars. During the 16 years, we know what happened to some big companies that employ a lot of Nigerians and give them training facilities like the Nigeria Airways, Nigeria National Shipping Line.
Even Nigeria Railway is managing to be on paper with some refurbished engines moving from Lagos to Ibadan and a few other places. If you go to their stations all over the country, you will realise that they are in a terrible shape. The important thing in a country with a huge population of youths with more than 60 percent of them under the age of 30 who are unemployed is that you need these institutions to give jobs and training to them. It is very disappointing that the PDP government virtually failed to use those resources to grow the economy.
I think the worst thing is the lack of accountability and the terrible budgetary system. Imagine that over 90 percent of Nigerian budget is on recurrent.

Buhari is a former millitary man, so he avoided that so as to make himself unpredictable while Jonathan responds to questions he ought to avoid.

So you should expect more of Buhari's charisma. It's all good and the war against indisciple before, will surely resurface again but in another form.

We all need to work together to make this country great again. I don't care where you come from. But what you can give Nigeria to improve more.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by adezzy01(m): 12:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Baba I know your av plans but my advice is to follow this order security, power, unemployment, corruption ,displine etc please.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by ShowYourCertificate: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
IOAGEM:

So you expected to see constant electricity and all the bla bla and you let your broda spoil the system, you didn't expect anything from your broda GEJ as along as he remains their, you should be ashamed of yourself for expecting something from GMB,infact see how disgraceful you are now for acknowledging GEJ failed in basic provisions of life.
Before election we were rationing 2.5k mgw now it has jumped to 5.5k mgw who is fooling who. If Nigeria is good everybody irrespective of your background would benefit. Comeback a year today and see what governance looks like . Wawakowoi
Who would provide good governance? Buhari? I laugh in gabonese grin
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Actionleap: 12:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
With Buhari making this kind of comment about APC narrowly beating the PDP with 100,000 votes in Lagos as rigging is either politically naive or intellectually challenged. That election reflects the voting in Lagos. In fact, that was what made APC wake up to smell the coffee and rigged the April 11 elections in Lagos state.
On Rivers state, Buhari should know that as he is maniacally followed in Kastina and Kano, so is GEJ loved in the SS. The earlier the APC forget the state's where they lost and focus on where they won, the better for them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

It’s My Turn To Be Senate President - Orji Uzor Kalu Declares / APC Presidential Campaign Rally In Lagos (Live Updates, Pictures, Videos) / Abba Yusuf Wins At Supreme Court As Ibrahim Little Loses Appeal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.