Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,534 members, 7,819,915 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:32 AM

Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari (46452 Views)

No Room For PDP Members In My Cabinet – Obaseki / Who Among The Newly Costituted Fed. Cabinet Will Be The First To Resign Or Fired / I Will Name My Cabinet This Month, Buhari Tells Ghana's President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
I just pray and hope that Lair Mohammed won't deny the content of this interview tomorrow...
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by odogwux(m): 12:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
Equalizer:
I just pray and hope that Lair Mohammed won't deny the content of this interview tomorrow...

If e too hard for APC they will hack NL or other online archives and erase the data

1 Like

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
The "fear" of Buhari alone will make those with the intent of embezzling, to steer off.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by ailehwise(m): 1:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by okpanachil: 1:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hehehehehehehe Na cerificateless Baba speak all this Turanshi or was this Q and A session scripted by APC?because all this abeyance grammer doesnt seem like what Mr Certificateless wld say o

Time will tell sha
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 1:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
And you think the NA and the various States Houses of Assembly will agree to amend a section that benefit their sponsors and they themselves seek to benefit from? Buhari and Buharists are learners
It's better for an attempt to be made than for Buhari to just assume that state houses of assembly would kick against it. Assumption is the lowest form of knowledge. Buhari is far better than Jonathan who was asked a question, rather than answer (even if it meant dodging it), he said, "if I say anything now, they will say the President said . . ."

3 Likes

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by imsuboi(m): 1:18pm On Apr 19, 2015
undecided
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by odogwux(m): 1:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
The "fear" of Buhari alone will make those with the intent of embezzling, to steer off.

Pally. Wetin go scatter this democracy and country baje baje na if Buhari behaves like he did as a military man and keeps some sacred cows while selecting others are scapegoats. We are hearing rumours about how he took donations from corrupt pdp goons. Anyway let's hope for the best
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by imsuboi(m): 1:20pm On Apr 19, 2015
Caracta:

Do you plan to be unemployed forever or why are you begging the government for 5k monthly? What exactly is the allowance for and is it 5k that will solve all your monthly problems?

Smh. I thought MDGs worked on poverty eradication in Nigeria.

Wasn't that what his useless supporters on NL kept telling us??

What would 5k do for an individual?

Madam, I don't "need" his money, but since he used it as a campaign strategy, he should fulfil his promises; including the 1 dollar= 1 naira scam grin

That being said, I'd suggest you don't use the adjective "poor" when quoting me again.

You're one of the few NL veterans I admire.

Respect yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by LaRoyalHighness(f): 1:21pm On Apr 19, 2015
As in eh...
UncleJudax:

I had to read a lengthy article about a small cabinet. Ironic. Lol
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by imsuboi(m): 1:22pm On Apr 19, 2015
sarahatuba:

Why are you bothered if he is an illiterate? You vote for am? cheesy why the thing kon dey pepper you for body like this? grin

Pepper me for body?

You wish tongue

2 Likes

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by jamace(m): 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
Compiling Buhari's lecture notes.
Words should be matched with actions o, else------PDP will shout "Change" in 2019. grin grin
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by nwaanambra1(m): 1:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
imsuboi:
[s] if you like, let your cabinet be as large as daura,

I'm waiting for 24hrs power supply, 1dollar = 1naira promise &
5000naira monthly allowance;
to mention but a few.

Illiterate [/s]

with your vile hate for the man u still expect to live long enuf to enjoy the goodies from his govt?

impossible!

YOU NEED TO GO & DIE! cheesy
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by charlycharles(m): 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
R ubbish illiterate president. win ur own court case first before u take another to court.
#buhariwearestilllookingforurcert.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by omooba969(m): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
kettykin:
Small cabinet can lead to excessive bureaucracy, where a single minister will be manning up to 4 big government agencies some which he doesn't have knowledge about

What are the impressions to suggest that a single minister might administer up to 4 big govt agencies?

The point i believe the president-elect is trying to get across is that the present govt is unnecessarily too big--too many positions/political offices created with little or NO positive effect. Hope you get my drift?
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by charlycharles(m): 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
R ubbish i lliterate president. win ur own court case first before u take another to court.
#buhariwearestilllookingforurcert.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Caracta(f): 1:56pm On Apr 19, 2015
imsuboi:

[b] Wasn't that what his useless supporters on NL kept telling us??

What would 5k do for an individual?

Madam, I don't "need" his money, but since he used it as a campaign strategy, he should fulfil his promises; including the 1 dollar= 1 naira scam grin

Where is the "poor" part of the post you quoted? Or does the poverty part imply that you are poor? If according to the MDGs report I saw on NL yesterday is true, then I do not see the need for the 5k allowance. Simple. I'm trying to understand how that was directed at you personally.

You see me for dream ni? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by omooba969(m): 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
IbokUtoroh:
parade don change gear.
y him lie about routing out boko haram in 2mnths?
also y not answer the question are u going to declare ur assets?
y give us long sermon n history lectures hw he did it 3times in d past n at d end, endup not answeing that question.
me i knw say u wont deliver, all u wanted was to see hw aso rock be like. but if u fail, i will personally campaign for ur continuity cos u must rule till u tire!

BAD BELE ! undecided
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by ajumaxbabe(f): 2:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
imsuboi:
if you like, let your cabinet be as large as daura,

to mention but a few.

Illiterate

An illitrate is ur president .. wawa
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by lilianlindyway(f): 2:05pm On Apr 19, 2015
imsuboi:

to mention but a few.

Illiterate

u wen go skul abeg which postion u dey? Or hav u eva achieved any post in govt?who is an illiterate?
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by IbokUtoroh(m): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
omooba969:

BAD BELE ! undecided

hw u tek knw?
hv u been to mozambique before?
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Olaone1: 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sounding real and presidential. I just hope APC leaders will let him carry out his plans. He is surrounded by people who live large on our commonwealth.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by omooba969(m): 2:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I still maintain my stand that it's irrelevant whether Buhari runs a small or big government. What matters is the results. If he runs a small government but failed to deliver on his manifesto promises will you congratulate him for running a small cabinet? No. It's the outcome that's important in a policy, not input or output.

We expect to see constant electricity, affordable and accessible fuel, cheap food commodity, jobs and a stronger naira against the dollar. How he intends achieving this is his own headache, not mine.

It's vital that GMB puts together a small cabinet because it is easy & cheaper to run/manage. I understand your aspirations to see the social amenities up&running so to av a better standard of living but you need to know that there's always a means to an end, hence the small cabinet which is inevitably one of the ingredients needed to make things happen.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Icecomrade: 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
Too much talk.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by phidipe(m): 2:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
imsuboi:

to mention but a few.

Illiterate

with "high number of literate" in your family what impact have made IDIOT
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Sibrah: 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
Sweetguy25:

I know what I mean when I say that nothing changes. Nigeria's federal budget will still be less than 6 trillion naira - which is barely enough for only the education sector. Even if Buhari scraps half of the federal MDAs and embark on so many cost-cutting measures, how much will be saved? It won't be more than 1 trillion naira (which is about 9 billion dollars or thereabout) which is still too small to create an even development of infrastructure in all sectors around the country. Our federal budget needs to be nothing less than a 150 billion dollars(annually) in order to create any meaningful impact in the economy. Every state in Nigeria also needs a budget of nothing less than 10 billion dollars to create and sustain development.

Also I believe there's nothing wrong with having a high recurrent expenditure, it all depends on the priorities of the government for the fiscal year.

Finally, you APC fans should tell Buhari to pass his own budget. Since he's complaining that recurrent expenditure takes up to ninety percent of the proposed budget, he should come up with his own budget that tailors his economic plan.
I want to disagree with you and gbawe. What we need is management and proper investment. One governor can build a road to a small rural farming community that enploys 2,000 people and another can set up powerplants that generate enough to sustain cluster of industries that will in Turn employ 20,000 people in 6 years time. Both are investment but different level of investment when the long term impacts are weighted.
Concerning a reduced cabinet, the bulk of trimming should be at local govt and state level. What are the lawmakers in Osun and Oyo state doing that is remarkably different? Nasarawa and Plateau? Kwara and Niger? Or even Delta and Edo? Using a top-down governing system where the bulk of power required to regulate and rule is at federal level I think the Federal level of governing body should be ready expand even further. Excess salary and allowances should be done away with but not hands.
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by Kbraims(m): 2:38pm On Apr 19, 2015
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by jimi4us: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
initial GRA GRA
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by yasallam03: 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
God will help my incoming president
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by TommyGs(m): 3:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
Whether your cabinet is big or small is irrelevant. What the masses want is constant electricity, reduced fuel price, cheap food commodities, jobs and a stronger naira. Failure to do that will brand you a failure regardless of whether u ran a small govt or whether u slaughtered corruption grin

And ermmmmmm, I'm also waiting to see Buhari's original WAEC certificate grin

Why can't your learn to criticise constructively. And what's this talk abt WAEC certificate?
Re: Why My Cabinet Will Be Small – Buhari by TommyGs(m): 3:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
ShowYourCertificate:
I still maintain my stand that it's irrelevant whether Buhari runs a small or big government. What matters is the results. If he runs a small government but failed to deliver on his manifesto promises will you congratulate him for running a small cabinet? No. It's the outcome that's important in a policy, not input or output.

We expect to see constant electricity, affordable and accessible fuel, cheap food commodity, jobs and a stronger naira against the dollar. How he intends achieving this is his own headache, not mine.

That wasn't so hard. Nice work. So if you have a divergent view, say it politely, pls. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Uchechi Okwu Kanu Joins IPOB Members For Biafra Anniversary In London. Photos / Senator Orji Kalu Constructing Roads In His Constituency (Photos) / INEC Officer Caught Trying To Change Ward Result For APC In Orlu, Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.