Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,030 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) (53421 Views)

Why I'll Never Use A Memory Card In My Life Again / I Collected My Reserved Ntel Sim Card In Abuja. / How To Get Airtime Code For Free (all Networks Recharge Card In 9ja) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Gorimakpa1: 1:23pm On Apr 19, 2015
♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬Don't care where you come from
As long as you're a black man, you're an African
No mind your nationality
You have got the identity of an African ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬

' ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬Cause if you come from Clarendon
(You are an African)
And if you come from Portland
(You are an African)
And if you come from Westmoreland, you're an African ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬

So don't care where you come from
No mind your nationality
You've got the identity of an African

'Cause if you come Trinidad
(You are an African)
And if you come from Nassau
(You are an African)
And if you come from Cuba, you're an African

So don't care where you come from ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬
No mind your complexion
There is no rejection, you're an African

'Cause if your plexion high, high, high
If your complexion low, low
And if your plexion in between, you're an African

No mind denomination
That is only segregation, you're an African

'Cause if you go to the Catholic ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬
(You are an African)
And if you go to the Methodist
(You are an African)
And if you go to the Church of Gods, you're an African

No mind your nationality
You have got the identity of an African

'Cause if you come from Brixton ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬
(You are an African)
And if you come from Weesday
(You are an African)
And if you come from Wingstead
(You are an African)

And if you come from France
(You are an African)
And if you come from Brooklyn
(You are an African)

And if you come from Queens
(You are an African)
And if you come from Manhattan
(You are an African)

And if you come from Canada
(You are an African)
And if you come from Miami
(You are an African)

And if you come from Switzerland
(You are an African) ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬
And if you come from Germany
(You are an African)

And if you come from Russia
(You are an African)
And if you come from Taiwan
(You are an African) ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬ ♫ ♬

SONGWRITERS
TOSH, PETER

PUBLISHED BY
LYRICS © UNIVERSAL MUSIC PUBLISHING GROUP
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by pure2012soul(m): 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
GboyegaD:

It is no start in my opinion. There are better diplomatic measures to resolve these than inciting people back home.
It's a start. Diplomacy is not an option here. Are you aware that MTN Nigeria accounts for 40% of the earnings of MTN group? If we all boycott that network(like me since 2006), the company would be forced to mount pressure on its govt to act. Ditto Shoprite and Multi-Choice

1 Like

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by lovemoi2(f): 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
Atleast poster did something

He is protesting and illiterates still dont understand

If all nigerians will do what he did MTN will crash

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Justice4love: 1:24pm On Apr 19, 2015
Still mate.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Nobody: 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
njays24:
How much is a sim card,is it not 200naira? It's because we do not have better alternatives to Dstv,if not we would just boycoted them. If we decide to pounce on all their org.in nigeria,is it not Nigerians that work there? The best thing is for our leaders to develop our economy so that these arrogant south Africans would stop calling us toothless giants. I read on twitter this morning where ibb was referring to them as ungrateful people.
point of correction we have alternative to dstv. say I don't have alternative to dstv because I am addicted to dstv
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Nobody: 1:28pm On Apr 19, 2015
you should have just ported to another network... just like i am switching from DSTV to Startimes by the end of the month when my DSTV subscrption expires.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by otokx(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
teeowl:
you should have just ported to another network... just like i am switching from DSTV to Startimes by the end of the month when my DSTV subscrption expires.

Does star times have hd decoders?
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by loomer: 1:31pm On Apr 19, 2015
But Nigerians in SA said they've not been attacked yet, I really don't know wat else to believe

Make we keep on to de pray for them.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by joshuaidibia(m): 1:32pm On Apr 19, 2015
GboyegaD:
Is that a better solution to the killings?
Atleast he did something. Dey mumu yourself by looking for faults. smh.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Nobody: 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
the Startimes decoder i bought in 2012 is not a HD decoder, however you can check their website to see if they have that... my current DSTV decoder is not HD, so it does not matter to me.

otokx:
Does star times have hd decoders?
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Amokwe(m): 1:34pm On Apr 19, 2015
[quote author=tochukwuifeduba post=32874077]I just broke my mtn sim card in protest over the xnophobia attacks against Nigerians in South Africa( MTN is a south African owned mobile Telecommunication company operational in Nigeria).- Ifeduba ThankGod Tochukwu

Tag, copy and Share this Picture. [/quot

...ALSO STOP WATCHING YOUR DSTV, NONSENSE!
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by solayd(m): 1:36pm On Apr 19, 2015
asadike:
Way to go, ifeduba nwannem. I will follow suit as soon as my data plan expires.

why not now to show hw grief u are
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by cescky(m): 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
before you break that sim.....do a thoro check oo,i think the edoziens NOW OWN MTN

note: i think SA sold it to the edoziens of Diamond bank....do your reasearch,
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by cap28: 1:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
This guy has done the right thing, I hope the majority of Nigerians will follow in his footsteps because Nigeria has the highest number of subscribers to MTN at over 50 million subscribers - imagine what would happen to the share value of that company if it loses just 10% of 50 million subscribers. Money is the only language that multinationals understand - hit them where it hurts - in the pockets, start being in control of your own destiny and stop allowing others to spi.t in your face and take your money at the same time.

DSTV needs to also be targeted - 4 million Nigerians use their services - ditch them and teach them a bitter lesson.

I am still traumatised from watching a terrible video where a woman and children were burnt to death by a violent lynch mob a few days ago - this problem of xenophobia has arisen because majority of black south Africans do not have anything to live ffor, their birth right has been stolen from them by the whites so now they vent their anger on the nearest and easiest target - black Africans. My advice to Nigerians living there - GET OUT BEFORE YOU FIND YOURSELF BEING THE NEXT VICTIM OF A LYNCH MOB.

2 Likes

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by debeo: 1:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
Someone told a bold step and did something, here we are on our phones, criticizing him

Before you type any nonsense, what have you done?

If you have done nothing, then STF*U!

Must u always show ur level of idiosyncrasy?

Would it hurt if u just view a topic and just move on to another one if you don't agree with the poster?

Did you watch the videos of the killings all over social media where Africans were stripped naked and burnt to death while they are alive to the cheers of the onlooking crowd?

That u weren't affected doesn't mean u should see it as a minor thing

Before u say any more thing. Remember,

Like Lagos lotto use to say

E FIT BE U OOOO

3 Likes

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by phelps007: 1:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
Tochuckwu, you have not made any sense by breaking your mtn sim in my opinion.. our brothers and sisters in SA need our prayers more than anything at this very difficult time
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
asuustrike2009:

point of correction we have alternative to dstv. say I don't have alternative to dstv because I am addicted to dstv
what's the alternative,consat,startimes,
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by girlieTberry: 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Na shoprite scattering tinz o, make we meet 4 shop rite gate 4pm NL
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Sunnybabe(m): 1:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
SELENAqueensy:
As if it can change anything
i wonder oo
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by cap28: 1:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
Zuma is a dumb puppet of Western imperialists and multinationals, does anyone remember how the clown turned against Qadaffi when NATO launched attacks on Libya. This dumb slave forgot that Qadaffi financed and helped train the military arm of the ANC. Any African relying on Zuma to send police out to protect them and their property is on a long thing. If this Zulu king had called for whites to leave the country Zuma would have arrested him within 24 hours. Can anybody explain why these blacks have refused to raise a finger to attack whites who are the architects of the problem in their country and Indians and Chinese who are the biggest leeches and parasites known to man?

1 Like

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Missmossy(f): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
This makes no sense grin you aint the only one who it pains. I really do hope everything gets better.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Kzealz(m): 1:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
sim wey dem don block since na e break...bro darz real foolishness..
#Nanxix
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Rotimi47: 1:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
tochukwuifeduba:
I just broke my mtn sim card in protest over the xnophobia attacks against Nigerians in South Africa( MTN is a south African owned mobile Telecommunication company operational in Nigeria).- Ifeduba ThankGod Tochukwu

Tag, copy and Share this Picture.
I threw mine away & replaced it with Etisalat.

1 Like

Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Rotimi47: 1:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Icon4s:
Will u also destroy ur dstv decoder? undecided
I stopped using mine & switched to Star time.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Faalo(m): 2:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
JeffreyJamez:
....and MTN didn't even notice
for ur mind
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Realistically, who benefits more from the operations of MTN, Shoprite and DSTV in Nigeria? South African or Nigerian economy? South Africans or Nigerians?
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by PunkyOh(f): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nicepoker:
the whites who owned those firms are not involved pls.

And yet all black South Africans are involved? Bravo @ your cat lady logic. White washed much?
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by 7footre(m): 2:03pm On Apr 19, 2015
shiningme:

lol.
undecided
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by PunkyOh(f): 2:06pm On Apr 19, 2015
teeowl:

Startimes is crap, you will miss DStv.
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by Faalo(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
debeo:
Someone told a bold step and did something, here we are on our phones, criticizing him

Before you type any nonsense, what have you done?

If you have done nothing, then STF*U!

Must u always show ur level of idiosyncrasy?

Would it hurt if u just view a topic and just move on to another one if you don't agree with the poster?

Did you watch the videos of the killings all over social media where Africans were stripped naked and burnt to death while they are alive to the cheers of the onlooking crowd?

That u weren't affected doesn't mean u should see it as a minor thing

Before u say any more thing. Remember,

Like Lagos lotto use to say

E FIT BE U OOOO
u talk sense jawe my guy, sum people ar jez talking rubbish cos dey neva witness any act like dat
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by greatness22(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
SELENAqueensy:
As if it can change anything
Something is telling me that you are destined for Greatness!!!
Re: South Africa Xnophobia: Nigerian Man Broke His MTN Sim Card In Protest(pics) by SirShymexx: 2:08pm On Apr 19, 2015
cap28:
This guy has done the right thing, I hope the majority of Nigerians will follow in his footsteps because Nigeria has the highest number of subscribers to MTN at over 50 million subscribers - imagine what would happen to the share value of that company if it loses just 10% of 50 million subscribers. Money is the only language that multinationals understand - hit them where it hurts - in the pockets, start being in control of your own destiny and stop allowing others to spi.t in your face and take your money at the same time.

DSTV needs to also be targeted - 4 million Nigerians use their services - ditch them and teach them a bitter lesson.

I am still traumatised from watching a terrible video where a woman and children were burnt to death by a violent lynch mob a few days ago - this problem of xenophobia has arisen because majority of black south Africans do not have anything to live ffor, their birth right has been stolen from them by the whites so now they vent their anger on the nearest and easiest target - black Africans. My advice to Nigerians living there - GET OUT BEFORE YOU FIND YOURSELF BEING THE NEXT VICTIM OF A LYNCH MOB.

I can't believe you as well find it difficult to think logically and look at the bigger picture, before advocating something that might lead to large scale genocide in the South Africa. Tit for tat will only complicate things - the best folks can do is to keep mounting international pressure, still they can find authority out there they will listen to, to talk to them. It's people vs. people, not a government thing. Whatever you do to multi-national businesses owned by white South Africans won't affect the average South African peasant in a Zulu village, or a thug in Soweto. So, what lesson are you trying to teach them, when they have got nothing to lose?

Also, if you go after South Africans - you'll just exacerbate it, cos those who weren't involved before would get involved - and start killing all foreigners. I doubt the total number of South Africans in Nigeria is upto five thousand max. Even in the UK, there aren't that many black South Africans here (most of those who always claim South Africa are Zimbabweans) - and there are more white South Africans than their black counterparts. I honestly doubt there are upto 10,000 black South Africans in the UK. However, I'd wager that there are hundreds of thousands of Nigerians in South Africa. So, are you willing to risk the lives of hundreds of thousands for just a few thousands? Also, I don't even think most Nigerians in South Africa want to return to Nigeria - why put their lives at risk?

It's better to pray for peace to reign, and other black folks to come together and put pressure on the ANC government to grow some balls and find a lasting solution to the wealth disparities in that. It's not fair on those people. I don't condone what's happening there but once you look at it critically, you'll get a clearer picture.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

[] Post Your Android Phone Problems Here And Get A Solution[] / My Blackberry Doesn't Load *556# To Network Pls Help! / Hacker Group, Anonymous Takes Down Glo Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.