Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,544 members, 7,827,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 05:10 AM

And God So Loved The World, That He... - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / And God So Loved The World, That He... (2728 Views)

I Have To Deny God So I Can Pass..should I? / Why I Said God So Loved The World!!! / Various Dates Predicted For The End Of The World That Have Failed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by GooseBaba: 12:17am On Apr 22, 2015
Ultimate001:

you diverged! Well, I do that always. My God is not a figment of imagination. You know nothing! If u claim to be an atheist, I'm sorry to announce 2 u dt u r actually nt one. You're more of an anti-God somebody because u knw fully well that God exisits, maybe u r jst skeptical oabout His nature/ personality. Well, keep entertaining me as I kip praying for u ofr there's a way that seems so right in d sight of man but the end thereof is destruction. Meanwhile, the Grace of God has appeared for the salvation of ALL men (of wc u r one). It is God's will that you be saved. My prayer for u tonight is dt u will nt b destroyed IN JESUS NAME. Sleep tight.

LMAO...!!! grin grin.....calm down, no go get high BP for god,...make i know talk too much you fit see am as god testing your faith..

Meanwhile, for your information. I'm a deist guided by the teachings of my ancestors. I'm not anti god, I'm anti deliberate mumurism. You're here talking about a dead man that could not save himself from 3 nails as your lord and saviour. You're calling on the name of someone else's ancestors to save you From himself.. grin shocked

I do not believe in god, "I know God" (my mother, my father) for the one that fed and sheltered me i know. The one that lay claims in a book I do not know. The one that orders the killings of infants, rape of women and bloodshed i do not know.

Therefore, when such claims are presented, it is my duty to expose the rubbish for what it is... Now, the next time you see jesus tell him to go fuvk himself.. angry

4 Likes

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by Misogynist2014(m): 5:37am On Apr 22, 2015
johnydon22:

Lmao this one dont even read the bible grin

Exodus 4:24-26 24 And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and
sought to kill him.
25 Then Zipporah took a sharp stone, and cut off the foreskin of her son,
and cast it at his feet, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to
me.
26 So he let him go: then she said, A bloody husband thou art , because of
the circumcision.

Next time read ur bible well.. the bolded meant exactly what it said
When I read this verse, I wondered why I have never come across the verse before, even when I'm sure I read the Exodus, if not whole Exodus. At face value, it looked like a pure, and useless myth and I wasn't ready to live with a myth. Therefore, I went back to the Bible and read from the very first letter in Chapter 4.
First of all, we know from the book of Exodus, where Moses slew the Egyptian that he was good at using sword and also that non circumcision was a sin, even a sin punishable by death. " 10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after
thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the
covenant betwixt me and you.
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your
generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is
not of thy seed.
13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be
circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that
soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant."

What sort of leader would Moses have been? Or how much happy if his son were to be killed?
It is either the Man who seeked to kill him was the LORD HIMSELF or an Angel of the LORD, but I guess it's the LORD. We know whether its an Angel or not, it wouldn't take him 10 seconds to kill him and also due to the position he was when it was thrown at HIM and the time it would have taken for circumcision that they both were fighting with sword.
Moses then knowing who HE was and why HE was there would have commanded his wife to cut the foreskin.
GOD knew that Moses' wife wouldn't have allowed circumcision after Moses must have forced her on the first one (another force could result in divorce/separation), so God did it anyways and Moses never entered Egypt with an uncircumcised child.
We can see the woman was sad after seeing that the circumcision was done. "then she said, A bloody husband thou art , because of the circumcision."
The next day, we saw a Moses with no bodily harm inflicted!

I STILL REMAIN UNSHAKEN IN FAITH. COME QUICKLY LORD JÉSUS!!!

@ GooseBaba
Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by GooseBaba: 9:53am On Apr 22, 2015
Misogynist2014

Lmao..... If you like you shake or dance skelewu that one no consign me. cheesy

Last I checked, i said your good lord likes prick business that's why he made a covenant with his alleged creation by asking them to do something with their blockus. You're here confusing yourself about the reason why he cherish the foreskin of their blockus.

Make another "excuse " why he specifically chose the blockus and anu,s as punishment for the people that stole the ark of covenant.. 1samuel 5v9..

Meanwhile, It is obvious you are shaken in faith. Hence, your desperation for your zombie saviour to show his rotten face... Guy park well...

2 Likes

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by McSterling(m): 1:27pm On Apr 22, 2015
Misogynist2014:
When I read this verse, I wondered why I have never come across the verse before, even when I'm sure I read the Exodus, if not whole Exodus. At face value, it looked like a pure, and useless myth and I wasn't ready to live with a myth. Therefore, I went back to the Bible and read from the very first letter in Chapter 4.
First of all, we know from the book of Exodus, where Moses slew the Egyptian that he was good at using sword and also that non circumcision was a sin, even a sin punishable by death. " 10 This is my covenant, which ye shall keep, between me and you and thy seed after
thee; Every man child among you shall be circumcised.
11 And ye shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin; and it shall be a token of the
covenant betwixt me and you.
12 And he that is eight days old shall be circumcised among you, every man child in your
generations, he that is born in the house, or bought with money of any stranger, which is
not of thy seed.
13 He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be
circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.
14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that
soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant."

What sort of leader would Moses have been? Or how much happy if his son were to be killed?
It is either the Man who seeked to kill him was the LORD HIMSELF or an Angel of the LORD, but I guess it's the LORD. We know whether its an Angel or not, it wouldn't take him 10 seconds to kill him and also due to the position he was when it was thrown at HIM and the time it would have taken for circumcision that they both were fighting with sword.
Moses then knowing who HE was and why HE was there would have commanded his wife to cut the foreskin.
GOD knew that Moses' wife wouldn't have allowed circumcision after Moses must have forced her on the first one (another force could result in divorce/separation), so God did it anyways and Moses never entered Egypt with an uncircumcised child.
We can see the woman was sad after seeing that the circumcision was done. "then she said, A bloody husband thou art , because of the circumcision."
The next day, we saw a Moses with no bodily harm inflicted!

I STILL REMAIN UNSHAKEN IN FAITH. COME QUICKLY LORD JÉSUS!!!

@ GooseBaba
Wow, you're seeing this for the first time? Another thing about that passage is that the bible is ambiguous about who the "him" that "the Lord" wanted to kill is. Whether it was Moses or his son, we do not know with absolute certitude. What we do know is that god acted like a total psychopath. He had just spoken to Moses in the preceding verses and commanded him to go to Egypt to free his people. Now Moses obeyed and set out, then god met him on the way and tried to kill either Moses or his son. Does that make any sense? Didn't god know before hand that the boy was uncircumcised? Since circumcised dick was such a big deal to him, why didn't he tell Moses in the burning bush? The ways of this god are truly "mysterious".

5 Likes

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by Misogynist2014(m): 3:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
McSterling:

Wow, you're seeing this for the first time? Another thing about that passage is that the bible is ambiguous about who the "him" that "the Lord" wanted to kill is. Whether it was Moses or his son, we do not know with absolute certitude. What we do know is that god acted like a total psychopath. He had just spoken to Moses in the preceding verses and commanded him to go to Egypt to free his people. Now Moses obeyed and set out, then god met him on the way and tried to kill either Moses or his son. Does that make any sense? Didn't god know before hand that the boy was uncircumcised? Since circumcised dick was such a big deal to him, why didn't he tell Moses in the burning bush? The ways of this god are truly "mysterious".
If you say it was his son, how was Moses's wife able to cut the delicate foreskin? Pls, at least you had a little training while being brought up, these senseless and orderless posts don't speak well of you. A little manners will do, if not in respect of God, let it be in respect of My God.
Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by GooseBaba: 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
Misogynist2014:
If you say it was his son, how was Moses's wife able to cut the delicate foreskin? Pls, at least you had a little training while being brought up, these senseless and orderless posts don't speak well of you. A little manners will do, if not in respect of God, let it be in respect of My God.

If we've to speak to thin air in respect of "your god", that means your god only exists in your imagination.

Meanwhile, as you can see we're operating on a mysterious frequencies right now,, therefore what you call senseless is actually very sensible that you cannot comprehend..

At least now you know that the bible god likes to catch fun with foreskin of man's blockus, your god is FREAKYYYY.. grin

1 Like

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by McSterling(m): 4:25pm On Apr 22, 2015
Misogynist2014:
What are you saying? You said you were just reading the story for the first time, and I thought to inform you that the bible ambiguously used the pronoun "him" in the passage, without clearly letting us know who was being referred to. No reference had previously been made to Moses' son but several had been made about Moses. For this reason, some people think the "him" was Moses. Others think it's his son because of his wife's action. There's no consensus among biblical scholars. Mind you, I got to know this by reading a footnote about this passage in my Bible.

And about your god, I have no obligation to respect him/it or whatever it is. Just like you do not respect sango, obatala, amadioha, thor, odin, Zeus, the Hindu gods or the thousands of gods worshipped in the many religions of the world. You are free to respect your god but you aren't free to impose that duty on others.

3 Likes

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by Ultimate001: 8:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
GooseBaba:

LMAO...!!! grin grin.....calm down, no go get high BP for god,...make i know talk too much you fit see am as god testing your faith..

Meanwhile, for your information. I'm a deist guided by the teachings of my ancestors. I'm not anti god, I'm anti deliberate mumurism. You're here talking about a dead man that could not save himself from 3 nails as your lord and saviour. You're calling on the name of someone else's ancestors to save you From himself.. grin shocked

I do not believe in god, "I know God" (my mother, my father) for the one that fed and sheltered me i know. The one that lay claims in a book I do not know. The one that orders the killings of infants, rape of women and bloodshed i do not know.

Therefore, when such claims are presented, it is my duty to expose the rubbish for what it is... Now, the next time you see jesus tell him to go fuvk himself.. angry
How perverse! Where and when did He order the rape of women? I pity u, u knw nothing.....
Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by GooseBaba: 11:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ultimate001:

How perverse! Where and when did He order the rape of women? I pity u, u knw nothing.....

That's all you can come up with..!? shocked.... Smh

Really..!!!! Do you even read your bible or are you just a defender of rubbish.. You ignore the order of killing infants, killing non virgins BUT keeping virgins as spoils of war. What do you think they did with the virgins..!!? Learn to read..!!!!!!..judges 21:10

..I think I need to stop chatting with you, cos you're clearly delusional..
Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by udatso: 5:50am On Apr 23, 2015
Chai, so after Christians receive these attacks from athiests and others, the next thing is for them to pour their anger on Muslims and insult their religion......
My Christian friends, how does it feel now?
You should take comfort knowing that ifean truthman and true2devil and many others are doing the same thing to Muslims.
Enjoy your meal!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by udatso: 6:31am On Apr 23, 2015
Misogynist2014:
I really hate hypocrisy. Did you have respect for the Muslim God when you tried so hard to make everyone believe Allah commanded them to carry out this crime here
www.nairaland.com/2210876/woman-burnt-ashes-just-burning
Or wrongly accusing Islam and Muslims for the plane crash here
http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/26/europe/france-germanwings-plane-crash-main/index.html even though nothing in the article claims any Islamic terrorism?
Or when you attributed the worst of attribute to Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him here
www.nairaland.com/2060979/muhammad-antichrist
was that your own way of showing respect towards other religion?
I have realised that most Christians have this "holier than thou attitude " and is annoying ..... They insult other religions at will, say vile things about their belief but want to be respected too.
Shame on you

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:56am On Apr 23, 2015
Ultimate001:

2 Samuel 12:11

11 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

2 Likes

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by plaetton: 6:10pm On Apr 26, 2015
AlfaSeltzer:

2 Samuel 12:11

11 Thus saith the Lord, Behold, I will raise up evil against thee out of thine own house, and I will take thy wives before thine eyes, and give them unto thy neighbour, and he shall lie with thy wives in the sight of this sun.

Thank you.
Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by plaetton: 6:13pm On Apr 26, 2015
And god so loved the world ....
..that he appears completely helpless to stop earthquakes, or at the least, save the lives of people in Nepal, and other earthquake prone areas of the earth that he supposedly well designed.
undecided

3 Likes

Re: And God So Loved The World, That He... by sufido123: 8:16pm On Apr 26, 2015
For God so love the world that he gave his "only begotten son" and whosoever believeth in him shall believe anything. Mind you Bible contradicted itself by saying that there are other begotten sons. The writer of Hebrews uses the term to refer to Isaac, the only son of Abraham and Sarah, the son of the promise (Hebrews 11:17). Another begotten son in psalm?

I will declare the decree: the LORD hath said unto me, "Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee."
-Psalms 2:7

This is the only other place in the bible, where we read about God "begetting" a son. It makes it clear that Jesus could NOT have been the only one who was the "begotten", as claimed in John 3:16. In other words, John 3:16 is inconsistent with whats on the record about another man being a "begotten" son of God. Now, this isn't even about theology, its basic grammar. One would need to re-define the definition of the word "only" or "begotten" to argue otherwise that Jesus is the only "begotten" son of God. (And I get the feeling some will do so)

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Can't God Heal Amputees? / Fraudstar On Face Book Impersonating Rev Fr Ejike Mbaka / How Could An Illiterate Man Known All This 1,400yrs Ago?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.