Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,766 members, 7,851,616 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:58 AM

Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister (1046 Views)

Abuja Under Deadly Attack, As FCT Minister Is Declared ‘missing’ / Ishaq Bello Appointed As FCT Chief-Judge By Jonathan / Give Us Kwankwaso As FCT Minister, Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by angelawoko(m): 1:25pm On Apr 19, 2015
Some Abuja-based professionals have called on President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to appoint Kano State governor and Senetor-elect, Kano central senatorial district, Engineer Musa Rabiu Kwankwaso, as the next minister for the Federal Capital Territory.

Spokesperson for the group, Ben Agarry, explained that the federal capital needs a minister who will replicate what the former minister of the FCT, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai did to sanitize the Federal Capital city when he was the minister.

“FCT would have long witnessed more development than it is, if el-Rufai had remained as the minister all these years,” he said.

He argued that since it is not possible to have el-Rufai reappointed as the FCT minister because of his election victory as Kaduna State governor-elect, the next person that can do as much as him is Kwankwaso.

“We have seen what he did in Kano state. As far as we are concerned he is the best governor in the whole of the Northern region, and FCT deserve a person with such proven integrity and track record.

“I was amazed with the kind of structures I saw in Kano when I visited the last time. I mean tangible things you can point to as development. And you hardly see him go to the television to make noise as some other governor do,” Agarry said.

“We are very serious with our demand and we will not rest until we see it come to pass. We are tired of ministers who end up doing nothing all through their tenure. In fact there was one who only built bumps throughout the roads of Abuja. This is not what we want, we want meaningful development and that is what Kwankwaso will give to us,” he concluded.

http://www.today.ng/news/abuja-professionals-beg-buhari-to-appoint-kwankwaso-as-fct-minister/
Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by newsomtin(m): 1:26pm On Apr 19, 2015
angelawoko:
Some Abuja-based professionals have called on President-elect, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, to appoint Kano State governor and Senetor-elect, Kano central senatorial district, Engineer Musa Rabiu Kwankwaso, as the next minister for the Federal Capital Territory.

Spokesperson for the group, Ben Agarry, explained that the federal capital needs a minister who will replicate what the former minister of the FCT, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai did to sanitize the Federal Capital city when he was the minister.

“FCT would have long witnessed more development than it is, if el-Rufai had remained as the minister all these years,” he said.

He argued that since it is not possible to have el-Rufai reappointed as the FCT minister because of his election victory as Kaduna State governor-elect, the next person that can do as much as him is Kwankwaso.

“We have seen what he did in Kano state. As far as we are concerned he is the best governor in the whole of the Northern region, and FCT deserve a person with such proven integrity and track record.

“I was amazed with the kind of structures I saw in Kano when I visited the last time. I mean tangible things you can point to as development. And you hardly see him go to the television to make noise as some other governor do,” Agarry said.

“We are very serious with our demand and we will not rest until we see it come to pass. We are tired of ministers who end up doing nothing all through their tenure. In fact there was one who only built bumps throughout the roads of Abuja. This is not what we want, we want meaningful development and that is what Kwankwaso will give to us,” he concluded.

http://www.today.ng/news/abuja-professionals-beg-buhari-to-appoint-kwankwaso-as-fct-minister/
Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by Elmojiid(m): 1:30pm On Apr 19, 2015
noted......we will set committee on it.
Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by kettykin: 1:33pm On Apr 19, 2015
If he is made the FCT minister where then is the change Mantra
Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by Nobody: 1:37pm On Apr 19, 2015
but I wouldn't be a bad idea appointing an indigen since abuja has only one senator and two house rep members
Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by nickxtra(m): 2:07pm On Apr 19, 2015
Where is this campaign coming from? For God's sake isn't Kwankwasyio already an elected Senator of the Federal Republic?

1 Like

Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by Mogidi: 2:27pm On Apr 19, 2015
Can't see Buhari making Kwankwaso FCT minister, its open secret Kwankwaso is not well-disposed of Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by cy4cent(f): 3:19pm On Apr 19, 2015
this might just be another sponsored campaign, anything is possible in Nigeria!!!!

imagine ,someone that is already elected as a senator, n they are aware, is he the only qualified person in Nigeria??

I can feel the hands of Esau, but the voice of Jacob here!
Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by hedonistic: 4:02pm On Apr 19, 2015
So that the Islamic eediiot will ban relaxation parks, gardens, and destroy bottles of beer, and hound all the girls hustling in Abuja in order to turn the FCT to a Sharia enclave? God forbid.
Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by MyMouth(m): 4:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
Many of you guys did not know that the current fct minister Bala Muhammad was an elected senator before gej appointed him a minister.
Re: Abuja Professionals Beg Buhari To Appoint Kwankwaso As FCT Minister by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:35pm On Apr 19, 2015
That's some truth

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan Appoints Solomon Arase To Replace IGP Suleiman Abba / Governor Ahmed Abdulfatai Buying Govt Land / Is Buhari Already Rejecting Confab Report And True Federalism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.