Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,761 members, 7,809,927 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

My Terrible Experience In A Church Today - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today (61196 Views)

Apostle Suleman Gifts A Woman A Toyota Camry In Church Today (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Is This Really Happening In Church Today? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by NnaNna4(m): 5:42pm On Apr 19, 2015
sexynabila:
pastors & money is like ...gurls & money...God will help dem pastors... undecided

I just returned to single n searching, honestly, this Lady pix no bad at all

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by free2ryhme: 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Bekwarra:
My friend who's a worker in a new generation pentecostal church (I won't mention names) invited me to his church. Although I don't normally go to church VERY EARLY, he succeeded in persuading me to go early with him because as a worker, he should be in church very early and he knew fully well that if we didn't go together, I wouldn't go; so he succeeded in dragging me along.

When we got to church, they started their normal Sunday School like chit-chat and later praises, worship songs and the service started proper. Born into an Apostolic-inclined orthodox and later crossed over to RCCG, I wasn't at home with the mode and method of their service. I was getting bored and feeling out of place while silently praying for the service to end. Then it came to things like "run to five people and tell them greater things are coming your way this week, you must run o", "grab the person beside you and shake him happy sunday". I was getting tired and shaking my head in despair.

The worms in my stomach were not helping matters, they launched a massive #BringBackOurFood protest because I couldn't take breakfast before leaving for church. The only thing that kept on pushing me on was the hope that the pastor would soon say "run to 5 people and hug them happy sunday". I would gladly and patiently look for 5 beautiful sisters with their killing mini/pencil skirts and tight-fitting shirts to hug but unfortunately, that command never came. All those times, I was feeling frustrated already and whenever my eyes meet those of my friend where he was standing with the engines and mixers, he gives me that "padi no vex we go soon finish" smile.

Just as I was resigning to fate and hoping that the service would soon end and I would bolt home the worst of it happened. The pastor had been preaching for close to 45mins harping on the need to give and sow as good Christians. He gave several examples in the bible of people who gave and later reaped God's blessings. He urged us to give and test God. After that, it was time to give offering. The offering was going to be in two parts; normal Sunday offering and the commitment towards the church building because their auditorium is under construction. We gave offering and afterwards the pastor came back on the pulpit and started complaining why people refused to give generously despite taking us on a journey through the word of God about the essence of giving in a Christian life. He preached for another 10mins. I wasn't even listening to him again because I was gradually dozing off.

What actually jolted me back into reality were these words "now it's time for operation search your neighbour". I sat up immediately to listen well and that was when I heard the pastor saying

"this is time for operation search your neighbour, search your neighbour's bag, wallet, purse or pockets as need be and bring out the contents, if there is no money there return the bag but if there is money bring it out, we must learn to give to God. He gave us the money and we must return it to him".

After all those words, people took the bag of the person sitting beside them while the pockets or wallets of brothers were being searched.

The brother beside me was taking his hands towards my pockets about to begin his own search when I said with venom in my eyes and in a Russian mafian voice

"What do you think you want to do??"

He replied me

"You heard what the pastor said brother".

I told him not to even contemplate trying it. He was then trying to pacify me and cajole me telling me there is no harm in giving towards God's work. I told him I'm not against giving but I'm against collecting by force. This is no more giving, this is collecting. He smiled at my words and said

"My brother it's the same thing, God's blessing awaits the two"

and he made for my pockets again, I felt that my phonetics were not having any effect and I replied with

"Bros abeg no try that thing o, I swear I go change am for you".

He was shocked. grin

One usher noticed us and came to us and he was trying to calm me down because my voiced had changed as my face too.

My friend remained where he was to avoid being seen as the person that brought Orubebe to church. I don dey para for them like mad and the people sitting around us were trying to pacify me. I said "Okay, no problem," carried my bible and.............................with one last Dracula look I told the usher

"Please don't even try to follow me". angry angry

He remained rooted to the spot and I made my way out of the church and straight home.

I told him I'm not against giving but I'm against collecting by force.

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by vislabraye(m): 5:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
You must give by faya by force..

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by Nobody: 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
using religion to deceive people...

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by Toks2008(m): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
im rolling on the floor laughing my ass out. rotflnao..

Chai..criminals on the pulpit.

The bible says in 2nd corinthians 9,7 let everyman give according to what he purposed in his heart and not out of compulsion for God loves a cheerful giver.

CRIMINAL PASTOR. PLEASE LET'S KNOW THE NAME OF THE CHIRCH ABEG..

Operation search your neighbor. Chai

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by deletrue: 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
Useless pastors. He is the same with Pastor Bakare. Useless deceivers. One day na one day. All these fraud star pastors will fall and will not raise.
Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by freecocoa(f): 5:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
It's either you state the name of the so called church or swallow this lie all by yourself.

Even if the pastor dey mad sef, this is just too much abeg.
Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by Brugo(m): 5:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
IYANGBALI:
it is more than true,terrible things are happening in churches these days,they are turning to business centres

It is more likely to be fiction. A deliberate attempt at comedy. It is a funny story if the purpose is to entertain only and not to disparage penticostal churches.
Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by sweatholder(m): 5:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
They are all scammers joor.They scam mainly on sundays.My story today was sumtin else too.LOL

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by eliwa47(m): 5:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
honestly these new generational churches are something else, that is operation pick pockets in the church of God. I didn't see anywhere in the bible where God said that prophets or man of God should force members of church for offering. fake pastors in action.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by Wendy80(f): 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Couldn't help laffing so hard and loud @ the Orubebe to church. grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by pomide(m): 5:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
MENTION THE NAME OF THAT CHURCH ABEGG!

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by andyanders: 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
That was pure robbery. Cannot understand what kind of Church that can give that kind of order.The pastor must be robber.
Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by olamikhail(m): 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
church robbery

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by Fourwinds: 5:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
OP did exactly what I would have done
Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by san316(m): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Orubebe grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by Theblessed(f): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
[size=16pt]

What kind of day light robbery in the Church is this?

And beautifully put in terms of giving to God, really?

This Pastor, HELL is your home with your master satan.

What shocked me most was, people saw this attitude and still continue to attend worship in that Church - please people, vote with your feet, ok!

This is the sort of Pastors, Bishops, General Overseers, Prophets etc Jesus will tell on that day," Go away I do not know you".
[/size]

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by slap1(m): 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
This is shameful.
Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by femi4: 5:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
Bekwarra:

What actually jolted me back into reality were these words "now it's time for operation search your neighbour". I sat up immediately to listen well and that was when I heard the pastor saying

"this is time for operation search your neighbour, search your neighbour's bag, wallet, purse or pockets as need be and bring out the contents, if there is no money there return the bag but if there is money bring it out, we must learn to give to God. He gave us the money and we must return it to him".
Serious brainwash going on............i hope you friend's eyes will open one day

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by rapmike(m): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
Nten:
Guy u see how religion has made some people extremely gullible to the antics of criminals all in the name of given to God.
And you gave the guy first warning he still came in for the second search.
If na me the kind punch were i for daze that guy ehn... the nicompoop were order am to do that job go jump from pulpit turn referee.

Giving is not supposed to be by force. Chai! If I was there eh, I will confront anyone who attacks me with the Word of God as pertaining blessing and money. Giving money in church is not by force and it does not automatically opens one to God's blessings because like salvation, his blessings are free!

OP did the right thing sha, God is not a beggar nor a someone who forces people.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by RomanceLander(f): 5:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hahahaaah OMG !
Some pipo get mind , really

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by Strongfaze(m): 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
Hahahahahahahahahaha..... OP tears don dey commot for my eyes! Operation search your neighbour indeed.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by gabazin080(m): 5:55pm On Apr 19, 2015
Bekwarra:

My friend remained where he was to avoid being seen as the person that brought Orubebe to church. I don dey para for them like mad .
the orubebe part got me laffing

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by dave2meek(m): 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
I can't stop laughing gringringrin

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by Fourwinds: 5:57pm On Apr 19, 2015
freecocoa:
It's either you state the name of the so called church or swallow this lie all by yourself.

Even if the pastor dey mad sef, this is just too much abeg.
look. dere was something similar to dis wen I served in north Kebbi. precisely. a friend of mine went to s crusade. and d host a pastor from Rivers state. at point when it was time for offery., to. u know d pastor advice dose who. don't have much to take deir ATM card to withdraw money and bring. it for. d offery

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by andyanders: 6:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
OP, Where is the church located?
Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by gatiano(m): 6:00pm On Apr 19, 2015
recession don dey hit church, pastors are not smiling. operation search your neighbour's belonging go graduate into go and search their houses, and very soon will be flogged for not paying nice offerring. xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa lol and people obeyed xaxaxaxax, later Goosebaba will say we are not forgetting nothing. xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa, na so e easy make money for 9ja. pastor turned into agbero in english format.
Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by freecocoa(f): 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
Fourwinds:
look. dere was something similar to dis wen I served in north Kebbi. precisely. a friend of mine went to s crusade. and d host a pastor from Rivers state. at point when it was time for offery., to. u know d pastor advice dose who. don't have much to take deir ATM card to withdraw money and bring. it for. d offery
That's very reasonable na, compared to what the OP claims.

How can you tell a stranger to search another's bag and bring out whatever money they find in it? That's hard to believe abeg.
Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by Junipero: 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
---FOREVER CATHOLIC--- cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience In A Church Today by temlex: 6:01pm On Apr 19, 2015
lol...op, u b bad nigga. i like u for bin plain enuff, u forced a comment outta me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ozubulu Anambra Catholic Church Killing Of Worshippers: Aftermath Video (Graphic / Why Don’t Jehovah’s Witnesses Celebrate Christmas? / Pastor Walks Out Of A Marriage Ceremony (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.