Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,153 members, 7,811,309 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:52 AM

Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (48948 Views)

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? / Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by ochejoseph(m): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
u said that sure p didn't capture up to 200k people, and I told u that the case wasn't because the govt had no money to cater for more than a million candidates, but because of corruption and the willingness to steal.

My argument thus is that paying 5k to some millions of unemployed youth is feasible but no advisable. There are many avenues to raise that cash. So, I will advise he pay thru skill acquisition programmes.

If $2 is saved from each barrell produced, there will be abundance to cater for many woes.

That will require a constitutional amendment as all accruing revenue are meant to Go into the Federation account the PTF method is very unlikely under a democracy!

They might have to modify if they must fulfil that Promise

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:39pm On Apr 19, 2015
Ipledge:
Am fine dear,just back from church grin
Awwh....I didn't go today cry how was service?
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by redcliff: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
[quote author=Sunnybobo3 post=32890824][/quote]

Lmao!
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
1. Buhari/APC To Pay 25m Unemployed N5000 Per Month
Cost Implication:

The implication here is that the sum of N125billion (ie 25million * N5000) will be spent to service this policy every month, and an estimated N1.5 trillion (ie N125bn * 12 months) will be spent on this policy alone every year.

2. Buhari/APC To Provide Daily Meal for Primary School pupils.
First, the FG has no business with the running of Primary schools. This is the responsibility of States and Local Government. However, Buhari's administration pledged to provide at least one meal per day for Primary school Children, we shall hold him accountable.
Cost Implication:
Osun State reportedly spent N3.2billion in 2014 for the feeding of 300,000 primary 1 to 4 pupils in the state. The Osun state program exclude pupils in Primary 5 and 6. If we are to break it per pupil, we will have N10,667 per pupil(ie 3.2b/300k). Considering that over 35million children are estimated to be enrolled in Primary school across the country, at least the sum of THREE HUNDRED AND SEVENTY THREEE BILLION (N373b) is estimated to be spent on the program annually(ie 35m * 10,667).

Gross Annual Estimated Cost For Both Programs
N1.5trn + N373b = N1.873trn

That means Buhari is to increase our Recurrent Expenditure by N1.83trn.

How Feasible Are These Programs?
Let us take a look at the key component of the 2015 Budget(as adjusted by the Senate).
Total Budget Stand at N4.3trn.
Recurrent Expenditure: N2.58 trillion
Capital Expenditure: N700 billion

From where will Buhari See N1.8trn To Service His Social Programs?
- Remove Subsidy? If he's thinking of scrapping fuel subsidy, the adjusted allocation for petrol subsidy in 2015 budget is N100billion. The adjusted allocation for SURE-P is N21b, while the subsidy for kerosene for 2015 was adjusted to N45.5b. This gives a total of N166.5b.
Even if he should scrap SURE-P and remove the petrol and kerosene subsidy, he still won't be able to get 1% of the N1.8trn.

- Spend All Capital Expenditure + Subsidy? Even if Buhari is to spend all our N700b Capital Expenditure on his Social program in addition to the N166.5billion subsidy funds, it still won't be enough as it will fall short of One Trillion Naira.
N700b + N166.5b= N866 billion

- Money Appropriated To NASS? The total budget for the National Assembly for 2015 is N115b. Even if Buhari is to spend this money + subsidy allocation + Capital Expenditure to fund his program, he won't be able to raise the required fund. As all appropriation combined stand at N981billion(ie N700b + N115b + N166b)

So How Does Buhari intend to raise N1.873trillion to fulfil this social welfare pledge? Does this mean the administration has failed even before starting? Dead on arrival?

No matter how you want to criticize APC, I think it is fair if you give Buhari at least a year before you start all these analysis because if he indeed pull this stunt off, you will look like a mug.

My issue with most of the social welfare package is that it is a text-book copy of Bolsa famila in Brazil talking about conditional cash transfer based on enrollment in school and evidence of vaccination.

The only problem I have is how do we determine those to benefit from this program, we don't even have a well managed database in this country meaning that just about anybody can claim to be a Nigeria. I would think that rather than copying everything in Bolsa famila, they could have made a little twist here and there.

But like most people, I will keep my finger crossed, wishing Buhari all the best and hoping he will fulfill his promises to Nigeria... But the signs are not really looking good so far with new statements from APC

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by anonimi: 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
bros, I knw. I was trying ti tell the fools dt even if they decided to pay 25million unemployed youths, the money cld be raised

Why use the CONDITIONAL phrases 'even if' & 'could be'

You should use the CERTAIN future phrases 'when' & 'would be' except you are stylishly you and other Sai Buhari change chanters have been SCAMMED big time by Baba One Chance & the JagbaJantis crew of Thief'nuibu cabal grin grin

Shall we say to you - Better late than never
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by BecaciaBarbie(f): 7:40pm On Apr 19, 2015
dearpreye:

Honey, it is well. I don't take politics beyond politics!
Alright....cool!! cheesy
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
BecaciaBarbie:

Alright....cool!! cheesy
It's alright.

It's cool. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 19, 2015
anonimi:

Why use the CONDITIONAL phrases 'even if' & 'could be'

You should use the CERTAIN future phrases 'when' & 'would be' except you are stylishly you and other Sai Buhari change chanters have been SCAMMED big time by Baba One Chance & the JagbaJantis crew of Thief'nuibu cabal grin grin

Shall we say to you - Better late than never

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
Its funny how y'all are already criticizing someone who is yet to be sworn in.......it is well smiley

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
9ousky:

Barcanista... I guess U will av to go for course on How to play opposition..
To counter ur Irresponsible Points.
Read this .
The running mate to retired General
Muhammadu Buhari in the 2015 presidential
elections, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo on Thursday
explained the ‘Conditional Cash Transfer
Programme’ included in the manifesto of the
All Progressives Congress (APC).
Prof. Osinbajo speaking on Sunrise Daily said
“this programme is to lift 25 million of the
extremely poor Nigerians; Nigerians who earn
less than N200 a day to take care of
themselves and their families”.
Prof Osinbajo, who noted that “we have 119
extremely poor Nigerians”, added that the fast
way of dealing with that is the Conditional
Cash Transfer Programme.
“We will give N5, 000 to the poorest 25 million
over a phased period, if their children are
enrolled in school and participate in
immunization.
“So we are actually doing two things; we are
giving stipends to the very poorest and
ensuring that in order to earn that stipend
they certify two conditions”, he said.
He further noted that the party decided on the
25 million figure because that is what they
can deal with in the first phase, adding that
“we are looking at phasing it over a period
because it will cost about N1.35 trillion to do
so if we do all 25 million at once.
He maintained that, if elected, the programme
will be done in batches of 5 million people a
year, adding that “depending on resources we
can even do more”.
He said the N1.35 trillion they are proposing
for the Conditional Cash Transfer Programme’
is not so much compared to the AMCON
bailout of “persons who are in debt, many
businesses and businessmen and it cost N5.7
trillion to do and that is a bailout of the
relatively wealthy”.
He argued that the Conditional Cash Transfer
Programme will be an injection into the
economy by the beneficiaries, adding that it
enables “them to put some money into that
economy.
“This is the government’s way of not just
energizing the local economy but also
ensuring that people are empowered. That the
very poorest are given a real chance in life”, he
maintained.
Prof Osinbajo also spoke on how his party
intends to tackle the issues of unemployment,
security and corruption.

http://www.channelstv.com/2015/03/26/osinbajo-clears-air-on-n5000-stipend-to-25-million-poor-people/

This should put the restless tanoids tho sleep.
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by 9jamustchange: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
I won't be surprised that 2 trillion was wasted for election, desperation can waste multiples of that. And the fact that Nigeria's budget is around 5 trillion doesn't mean that is all the annual income of the country.
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by honourhim: 7:43pm On Apr 19, 2015
IHEJIRIKAisBOKO:
JONATHAN WHERE IS THE IBAKA SEAPORT YOU PROMISED? THE Igbos HAVE STARTED BLAMING YORUBAS FOR YOUR OWN FAILED PROMISE.

https://www.nairaland.com/1809952/where-ibaka-deep-seaport

So ibaka is in igbo land? Are u this daft?
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by aresa: 7:44pm On Apr 19, 2015
sarahatuba:
Its funny how y'all are already criticizing someone who is yet to be sworn in.......it is well smiley

They call them TaNoids for a reason...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by sam13(m): 7:45pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
How can somebody use 2trn for election? Do you guys even know what N2trn is? As in you just sit down and believe anything. There is NO WAY N2trn will be spent on election. That amount(2trn) is more than Lagos State annual budget, it is more than what some state spend in 4 years(eg Kano State). Please, argue with sense.

Jonathan's SURE-P program does not capture up to 200,000 people in the population. So what is your argument? What is our revenue annually? Anyway, HOW will Buhari achieve it?

YOU barcanista i have been following all your post on nairaland especially politics section and i can deduce that you are anti APC. If three chieftain of PDP in Lagos state could received $150m just for governorship election how much would have been distributed to other states for both elections and you are saying the promises are dead on arrival. Let the man died before you buried him. You are not the mouthpiece of PDP Let them defend themselves #2trln is possible
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Metrofox(m): 7:46pm On Apr 19, 2015
anonimi:

So you admit Tinubu and your prof are IMMORAL and utterly CORRUPT on this bogus pension matter alone forgetting other FRAUDULENT transactions in APC's 16 years of ruining Lagos state!
Is there anything like legal corruption? Remember the bill went through the HoA.. other 'fraudulent' transactions can be presented with proof for scrutiny
.. does your constitution provide for moral rectitude?
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by scantee(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
barcanista:
How can somebody use 2trn for election? Do you guys even know what N2trn is? As in you just sit down and believe anything. There is NO WAY N2trn will be spent on election. That amount(2trn) is more than Lagos State annual budget, it is more than what some state spend in 4 years(eg Kano State). Please, argue with sense.

Jonathan's SURE-P program does not capture up to 200,000 people in the population. So what is your argument? What is our revenue annually? Anyway, HOW will Buhari achieve it?
Take a big hug u too sabi, help me ask them d mofos.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by MOA15(m): 7:47pm On Apr 19, 2015
OP just demonstrated that he is an Arm-chair critic. Yu just did a rough budget based on your dislike for the in-coming administration. But since yu are just an armchair critic, why not chill wit a bottle of orijin and see how d govt will formulate it's policies starting with recovering d money stolen by d cronies in d abt to expire administration
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
aresa:

Its disturbing.....there are some of them in particular (won't mention names) that say things and I wonder if its a human being that typed or a snake (so full of VENOM).....I dnt understand the hatred they have for the man? sad
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by MizMyColi(f): 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
aresa:

Always funny when TanOIDS and GEJ till 2019 people like you try to sound sane when in fact it's still the TaNoid in you still blabbing...

Funny 419 and deceptive jokers..

Well, I see right through what you're trying to do, that's pretty much what Josef Stalin did to the Russians of his time.

"If the opposition disarms, well and good. If it refuses to disarm, we shall disarm it ourselves."

Blackmail (emotional and direct), Oppression and Suppression, Intimidation (threats if necessary)...

Now that I've listed part of your MO, I must say that I'm disappointed if this is the best tactic you could come up with to put me down. You may now give it your best shot.

While at it, Be rest assured you will be
iGnored!cheesy

smileysmileysmiley

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 19, 2015
aresa:

Its disturbing.....there are some of them in particular (won't mention names) that say things and I wonder if its a human being that typed or a snake (so full of VENOM).....I dnt understand the hatred they have for the man sad
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by taharqa: 7:49pm On Apr 19, 2015
Just finished reading the entire thread and Am still waiting for ANY intelligent counter to barcanista 's OP.

Has anyone seen any??

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by anonimi: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Mykevp2p:

No matter how you want to criticize APC, I think it is fair if you give Buhari at least a year before you start all these analysis

Please go and find out how Jakande started IMPLEMENTING his campaign promises in 1979 of UPN's four cardinal programmes IMMEDIATELY after inauguration and even went over & above them.

That was the ACTION progressive governor who started BUILDING the metro rail before Buhari CANCELLED it and jailed the innocent yorubs man sad

That same rail project Thief'nuibu cabal's poster boy Fashola has been unable to implement after spending $1 billion to buy aloku metal scrap Toronto trains since 2011 shocked

What a bunch of 419ers!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
egift:
The failed PDP and their supporters think they can discredict Buhari's administration before it even begin.

Buhari has 4 years ahead to prove himself. Folks who attacked Buhari and never voted for him, have no right whatsoever to judge him for thing that has never even happened.
THEY ARE AS STEWPID AS THEY SOUND...

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by ohenhen1: 7:50pm On Apr 19, 2015
Raise more revenue, cut wasteful spending, increased oil revenue.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by sam13(m): 7:51pm On Apr 19, 2015
SLIDEwaxie:
forget abt the exaggerated 2 trillion, but u knw dt the only reason the sure p didn't capture 200,000 wasn't because they didnt have the cash to pay more, but because they simply didn't want to pay more so as to see to chop.

Exactly my brother many nairalanders are like sombies they comment and follow on what others had commented Nigerians are not fools give us shitt and we dump your sorry ass like Jonathan
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by MizMyColi(f): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2015
kawkab:

Excellent and Objective post

Thank Yousmiley
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by babestella: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2015
OrlandoOwoh:
That will be achieved now that Jonathan, who spent 2 trillion, half of our yearly budget, on election, has been defeated.

I see someone just gave you 2 medals for being stew.pid. I think you deserve more than 12 medals bro. Lol grin grin
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by onatisi(m): 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
Kai ,people get time oooooo!!!!!
Re: Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? by henryuzor(m): 7:54pm On Apr 19, 2015
Barcanista i know you are a very sore looser and until you CHANGE your way of thinking,you will continue to be a failure
Your favourite president GEJ was in power for 6 years...what did he achieve?...absolutely nothing,now we have a new President -elect,who has not even been sworn in and you are already here fooling yourself with baseless and senseless analysis
Where did GEJ get 2 trillion naira that he spent on elections?
Where did Stella Oduah get 225 million that she used to buy 2 bullet proof cars?
Where did the 20 billion dollars missing from NNPC come from?
Where did the 10 billion naira spent by Dieziani Allison Maduekwe on chattered private jet come from?
Where did billions of naira embezzled from the pension fund scam come from?
Where did billions of naira embezzled from kerosene subsidy scam come from?
Where did billions of naira embezzled from petrol subsidy scam come from?...to mention but a few
Adams oshiomhole of Edo state complained severally that 400,000 barrels of crude oil are stolen on daily basis...at the price of $50/barrel do u know how much in naira value is stolen on daily basis?...these are monies that are stolen at source,so there won't even be any record at all...then you open your stinking mouth to talk nonsense.....just keep your mouth shut,and your eyes open and see the wind of change pass through Nigeria

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

We’ll Crush Pro-biafra Protesters In Rivers —governor Wike Warns / Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times / 100 Trucks Of Onions Boycott Shasa Market, Leave Sokoto For Other Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.