Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,781 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia - Foreign Affairs (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia (94961 Views)

Xenophobia: Protesters Dispersed By South African Police (Photos) / South Africans Attack Nigerians -VANGUARD / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by dapsonlou(m): 9:43am On Apr 21, 2015
Oguguah:

Unfortunately, My Uncle stays in China, and he bears an Igbo name

|||| I don catch you, I know say you never travel to Cotonou, not to talk of China. Guys forming for nl.

Ode did didn't say all over China, I believe I named the Province. If you know what province means.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 3:15pm On Apr 21, 2015
PunkyOh:

@BluIvy, sisi wam
Please calm down & come back because ilizwe lidinga ummeli. Xa ubaleka like this, uyabonwabisa, bazivengathisebephumelele. Uyayazi imfazwe, this is only child's play compared to other things. I miss you already so do please come back, s'thandwa kiss

AWWWW, Weird when you are outnumbered by another group of people and they are abusing you.

Don't worry. BLuIVy cannot stay away from Nairaland for too long. She will be back and I will be waiting for her.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 3:21pm On Apr 21, 2015
morpheus24:

AWWWW, Weird when you are outnumbered by another group of people and they are abusing you.

Don't worry. BLuIVy cannot stay away from Nairaland for too long. She will be back and I will be waiting for her.

It's weird? Haven't noticed. Morpheus, do you actually think I give a jack diddly squat about what's being said by some people here? You're peeing on the wrong tree, buddy, I couldn't care less.

I know she'll be back tongue
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 3:24pm On Apr 21, 2015
PunkyOh:

It's weird? Haven't noticed. Morpheus, do you actually think I give a jack diddly squat about what's being said by some people here? You're peeing on the wrong tree, buddy, I couldn't care less.
I know she'll be back tongue

If you didn't care that much you would have left a long time ago. no?

PS BluIVY is hiding behind the name "Nobody" so She is still here
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 3:45pm On Apr 21, 2015
morpheus24:

If you didn't care that much you would have left a long time ago. no?

No, because like every other forum, this is a good place to interact with people. To learn about different cultures etc. I have a curious mind so I enjoy learning new things, like your Pidgin for an example. I'll leave when I want to leave. I just don't care for the BS in between.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 4:01pm On Apr 21, 2015
PunkyOh:

No, because like every other forum, this is a good place to interact with people. To learn about different cultures etc. I have a curious mind so I enjoy learning new things, like your Pidgin for an example. I'll leave when I want to leave. I just don't care for the BS in between.

Like I have said, no one is chasing you away from here. You can be curious all you want.

Meanwhile My man Julius Malema doing something about his country.

VIVA MALEMA! true son of your father Mandela and true son of the African continent.

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqCGpxZbj3g[/flash]
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by omoharry(f): 4:27pm On Apr 21, 2015

Nigeria and hypocrisy are like a hand and a glove. Imagine if one would copy all the sick insults directed to SAns on this forum and paste on an SA forum, they way this op has done? SA would burn this night. Why are you people such narcissists? Why do you say horrible things about others but find it to be a grave offence when others say same about you?

By the way, if all South Africans are Xenophobes, then all Nigerians are terrorists. Its only fair to conclude that way. angry
who are Boko haram terrorising... do we torrorize other africa national here in our country...boko Haram is an Islamic war which is being fought globally without end...my brother..you call us terrorist ..who have we ever terrorized other than our selves...South Africans are the ones terrorizing and killing other Africa nationals... because of what" they are taking our job, we want them to go back to their country" so my brother. you can as well call all nations that they are terrorist because they have some pocket of terrorism they have to content with in their various countries..... So don't ever ever compared your blood thirsty brothers to the brainwashed Islamic people who believe they are fighting a holy war aginst the infidels.. including me and you....but you are fighting against your own African Brethren, killing them, including women and children destroying their properties,...you stand here to support this nonsense...why wont this nonsense raised its ugly head again when we have people like you cheering them up... dont worry...you might just see yourself at the other end of the table so that you will know what it means to be stabed by your own race. nonsence
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 4:49pm On Apr 21, 2015

I don't give a damnn. Who died and made you God? Hypocrites!

VIVA MALEMA!

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Pyey_5RxbE[/flash]

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 5:00pm On Apr 21, 2015
morpheus24:

Like I have said, no one is chasing you away from here. You can be curious all you want.

Meanwhile My man Julius Malema doing something about his country.

VIVA MALEMA! true son of your father Mandela and true son of the African continent.

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqCGpxZbj3g[/flash]

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by khukhi(f): 7:53am On Apr 23, 2015
pazienza:
South Africa's Xenophobia isnt different from Nigerians Igbophobia. So, I don't know why Nigerian hypocrites are on south Africans case.

Its not easy to remain objective on the matter...so I choose to keep my opinions to myself than to express opinions that will insinuate violence.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
If not justified, their apparent xenophobia is perhaps understandable. Especially given the history of South Africa.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 3:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
EnlightenedSoul:
If not justified, their apparent xenophobia is perhaps understandable. Especially given the history of South Africa.

We can understand bent up anger, isolation from other African countries, the cause of bantu education, the fact that they just got back the country 20 years ago

We cannot tolerate Killings of other African nationals in the name of Xenophobia!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 3:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
morpheus24:

We can understand bent up anger, isolation from other African countries, the cause of bantu education, the fact that they just got back the country 20 years ago

We cannot tolerate Killings of other African nationals in the name of Xenophobia!

It's "pent up" & not BENT up, mr bantu education kiss
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 4:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
PunkyOh:

It's "pent up" & not BENT up, mr bantu education kiss

Thank you.

I can take corrections. Can you ?
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 4:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
morpheus24:

Thank you.

I can take corrections. Can you ?

No.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 4:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
PunkyOh:

No.

That is why we know what side you are on even though you are here claiming "no to Xenophobia".

I don't find excuses to cover up my mistakes. I acknowledge them and move on.

SAY NOT TO XENOPHOBIA!, DROWN OUT THE VOICES OF THE EXCUSE MAKERS AND THE XENOPHOBES!

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss64OqTdKrg[/flash]
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by PunkyOh(f): 4:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
morpheus24:

That is why we know what side you are on even though you are here claiming "no to Xenophobia".

I don't find excuses to cover up my mistakes. I acknowledge them and move on.

SAY NOT TO XENOPHOBIA!, DROWN OUT THE VOICES OF THE EXCUSE MAKERS AND THE XENOPHOBES!

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ss64OqTdKrg[/flash]

Don't care! Believe whatever you want to believe.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 4:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
PunkyOh:

Don't care! Believe whatever you want to believe.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

HA!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by wildikeman(m): 8:32pm On Apr 24, 2015
liljboy:
u dey mind that aturu .... mtchew!!! this is just the same thing that would have happened in Lagos .....
. And no be Yoruba dey pack drugs go southie...? Ask malaika , ogogo, Fathia, Kwam 1 and baba suwe. I don't know what's wrong with this mofos and see the yeye northerners with their boko haram brothers blackening the countries image. Nigeria sef is a country filled with Hypocrites. Truth be told.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by wildikeman(m): 8:57pm On Apr 24, 2015
jazzy4naija:
Mugabe please tell these bunch of lazy savages what they actually are at least they learnt some negative stuff from the apartheid regime
now I know why the whites wanted segregation. my guy I think I understand why the whites promoted apathied...its good for them. They should return to it asap. Those blacks are worst than savages!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by wildikeman(m): 9:07pm On Apr 24, 2015
ikombe:
Foolish nigerians who go to another mans country and invest all his things there angry

southafricans feel free to kill any MF nigerian who is not ready to come back and join hand in moving nigeria forward cause we are a bleeped up nation to be insulted like dis undecided
You are a big fool. Is it ur business where people choose to invest their money...is it ur money...Animal!

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by bravesoul247(m): 7:09am On Apr 25, 2015
I'm so angry at these stupid for these foolish act they've embarked on. The south africans took it upon themselves to kill us despite d fact dat we helped these fools wen their country was in turmoil due to d apartheid.. If I had ma way I'll first of all start by destroying MTN den Multi choice and other investments that stupid nation has.. They won't allow our biz thrive over there ooo but they will come here and invest.. Even Nigeria sef de 4k up sef, we for don do something that will make those guys know dat we sef aint smiling... Bullcrap!
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by bravesoul247(m): 7:16am On Apr 25, 2015
4k it! What does the SAns on NL mean? We should b cool with u guys cos u guys aint involved in d xenophobic act? Hell no! We will transfer our aggression on u guys and won't be cool also cos those guys doing d killings are ur people.. So If u guys like get angry and leave nl or stay here and understand dat we Nigerians aint happy at all and its fair if we express our anger on u guys.. Nonsense
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 8:00pm On Apr 27, 2015
Check this advert out.

[flash=400, 300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R7vu9SuxaQ[/flash]
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by ooshinibos: 10:24pm On Apr 29, 2015
we thought racism from the white race was a threat to the lives of Black people , now that racism from whites are reducing , we black people are now replacing racism with xenophobism , tribalism and ethinicism , its a shame for all of us , we complain so much about racism ...and once that is being tackled ,we africans come up with our own hatred for one another ..and this is one of the reasons racism has not been eradicated completely ..this issue does not even pertain to South Africa alone , we have the same black on black hatred issue in USA ,UK as well ( black Caribbean hate Africans , east Africans hate west African , and all kind of evil acts) . We need to start thinking about the way we treat one another .
We all thought that when apartheid is wiped out , south Africa will be the greatest and friendliest country in the world , but the South Africans have short memory and have allowed the evil hatred they fought so much to be part of them ..and start to kill those that fought for them during apartheid . I have cancelled my trip to south Africa and I will not be going there anymore .
I AM NOT SAYING ALL SOUTH AFRICANS ARE XENOPHOBIC ..but you only need one person to cause havoc ..2 percent of a population is enough to create riots and hate in a country .
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RSA(m): 1:57pm On May 01, 2015
http://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/05/world ... d=tw-share

Published: May 5, 1985

LAGOS, Nigeria, May 4— Thousands of illegal aliens, carrying mattresses, clothing and cooking utensils, poured back across the borders to their homelands today, ordered out by Nigeria's military rulers.

The foreigners had been attracted to Nigeria in part by an oil boom in the 1970's, but now the West African nation has deep economic problems and an increasing crime rate, which it attributes in large measure to the immigrants.

On Friday, the Government opened its borders to speed the expulsion of 700,000 foreigners. It was the first time Nigeria's borders with Benin, Niger, Chad and Cameroon were open since April 1984, when the Government closed them to combat the black market in the country's ailing currency, the naira.

The aliens, who were ordered out last month, were part of the second wave of foreigners to be forced from Nigeria by the Government in three years.

Reporters at the western border with Benin today said Nigerian customs officials were searching the departing foreigners closely and refusing to let tiem carry out more than the 20 naira, or $17.65, allowed by law. They also said bus drivers were doing a brisk business charging twice the normal fare to carry passengers across the border.

The illegal immigrants were among the millions of West Africans, mostly from Ghana, who flooded into Nigeria in hopes of benefiting from the country's oil-based economy.

But world demand for oil has waned and the price has dropped, sending Nigeria into a steep economic decline and swelling its foreign debt.

In January 1983, the civilian Government of President Shehu Shagari ordered out about two million foreigners, blaming them for widespread unemployment and crime. Roads to the border were clogged with people carrying personal belongings.

Maj. Gen. Mohammed Buhari overthrew Mr. Shagari in December 1983, and last month the Buhari Government announced it was giving the remaining illegal aliens until May 10 to leave.

But until the Government opened the borders on Friday, only small groups were reported to have left on planes and ships.

The state-controlled Lagos radio reported Friday that Interior Minister Mohammed Magoro had met with ambassadors from neighboring countries whose citizens were affected by the expulsion order. The radio quoted ministry officials as saying foreigners would be driven to the borders in ministry vehicles or allowed to buy airline tickets with Nigerian currency. Ordinarily, foreigners must pay in foreign currency.

Ghanaian officials said about 300,000 of the 700,000 foreigners were migrant workers from Ghana. Officials said 100,000 were from Niger and most of the rest from Chad and Cameroon.

In addition to the attraction of Nigeria's oil boom, many of the non-Ghanaians came to Nigeria to escape drought and the threat of famine in their home countries. ---- BENIN BLOCKS HUNDREDS COTONOU, Benin, May 4 (Reuters) - Several hundred illegal aliens, expelled from Nigeria and barred from entering Benin, camped Friday night in a no-man's land between the two countries, witnesses said today.

Benin border officials, who turned non-Benin nationals away, said that Nigeria's opening of the border had surprised them and that they had received ''no clear instructions'' on how to deal with the influx of aliens.

Benin officials said they were justified in rejecting non-Benin nationals since many of the aliens might try to stay in Benin because they had no money to continue their journey.

No vehicles were officially reported to have crossed the frontier Friday, but witnesses reported that many minibuses and private cars with Nigerian license plates had entered Benin along isolated bush tracks.

Foreigners who went through the bush will now have to obtain permits to travel through Benin, a tightly controlled Marxist nation, if they are to reach their final destination.

1 Like

Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RSA(m): 2:02pm On May 01, 2015
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 3:38pm On May 01, 2015
RSA:

http://www.nytimes.com/1985/05/05/world ... d=tw-share
Published: May 5, 1985
LAGOS, Nigeria, May 4— Thousands of illegal aliens, carrying mattresses, clothing and cooking utensils, poured back across the borders to their homelands today, ordered out by Nigeria's military rulers.
The foreigners had been attracted to Nigeria in part by an oil boom in the 1970's, but now the West African nation has deep economic problems and an increasing crime rate, which it attributes in large measure to the immigrants.
On Friday, the Government opened its borders to speed the expulsion of 700,000 foreigners. It was the first time Nigeria's borders with Benin, Niger, Chad and Cameroon were open since April 1984, when the Government closed them to combat the black market in the country's ailing currency, the naira.
The aliens, who were ordered out last month, were part of the second wave of foreigners to be forced from Nigeria by the Government in three years.
Reporters at the western border with Benin today said Nigerian customs officials were searching the departing foreigners closely and refusing to let tiem carry out more than the 20 naira, or $17.65, allowed by law. They also said bus drivers were doing a brisk business charging twice the normal fare to carry passengers across the border.
The illegal immigrants were among the millions of West Africans, mostly from Ghana, who flooded into Nigeria in hopes of benefiting from the country's oil-based economy.
But world demand for oil has waned and the price has dropped, sending Nigeria into a steep economic decline and swelling its foreign debt.
In January 1983, the civilian Government of President Shehu Shagari ordered out about two million foreigners, blaming them for widespread unemployment and crime. Roads to the border were clogged with people carrying personal belongings.
Maj. Gen. Mohammed Buhari overthrew Mr. Shagari in December 1983, and last month the Buhari Government announced it was giving the remaining illegal aliens until May 10 to leave.
But until the Government opened the borders on Friday, only small groups were reported to have left on planes and ships.
The state-controlled Lagos radio reported Friday that Interior Minister Mohammed Magoro had met with ambassadors from neighboring countries whose citizens were affected by the expulsion order. The radio quoted ministry officials as saying foreigners would be driven to the borders in ministry vehicles or allowed to buy airline tickets with Nigerian currency. Ordinarily, foreigners must pay in foreign currency.
Ghanaian officials said about 300,000 of the 700,000 foreigners were migrant workers from Ghana. Officials said 100,000 were from Niger and most of the rest from Chad and Cameroon.
In addition to the attraction of Nigeria's oil boom, many of the non-Ghanaians came to Nigeria to escape drought and the threat of famine in their home countries. ---- BENIN BLOCKS HUNDREDS COTONOU, Benin, May 4 (Reuters) - Several hundred illegal aliens, expelled from Nigeria and barred from entering Benin, camped Friday night in a no-man's land between the two countries, witnesses said today.
Benin border officials, who turned non-Benin nationals away, said that Nigeria's opening of the border had surprised them and that they had received ''no clear instructions'' on how to deal with the influx of aliens.
Benin officials said they were justified in rejecting non-Benin nationals since many of the aliens might try to stay in Benin because they had no money to continue their journey.
No vehicles were officially reported to have crossed the frontier Friday, but witnesses reported that many minibuses and private cars with Nigerian license plates had entered Benin along isolated bush tracks.
Foreigners who went through the bush will now have to obtain permits to travel through Benin, a tightly controlled Marxist nation, if they are to reach their final destination.

Little too late for this report Mr RSA.

Any where you see them killing those people.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RSA(m): 4:12pm On May 01, 2015
[b][/b][quote author=morpheus24 post=33313638]

Any where you see them killing those people. [/quote

I don't condone any kind of murder; and just like majority of South Africans including our government and all politicians condemn this act of barbarism.

I put the link to show you or remind your kind that your people and government did the worst; it was your government policy at one point.

And to this day Nigerians still find and continue making fun of that situation.

I'M NOT JUDGING
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RSA(m): 4:16pm On May 01, 2015
[b][/b][quote author=morpheus24 post=33313638]

Any where you see them killing those people. [/quotes]

I don't condone any kind of murder; and just like majority of South Africans including our government and all politicians condemn this act of barbarism.

I put the link to show you or remind your kind that your people and government did the worst; it was your government policy at one point.

And to this day Nigerians still find and continue making fun of that situation.

I'M NOT JUDGING
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by morpheus24: 4:24pm On May 01, 2015
^^^^^

Can you also be fair and report that this was a reciprocal act when the Ghanaian govt did the same to Nigeria in the 70's.

Plus posting that Nigerians committed this act in the past simply shows that SA is still very infantile when it comes to history of AFrica in terms of cases in Rwanda, Ivory Coast, CAR and so with your ZUlu chief using words like "lice" or "cockroaches" to describe foreign nationals.

Yet you want to come out and lead the continent.
Re: See What South Africans Had To Say Concerning Xenophobia by RSA(m): 5:44pm On May 01, 2015
I agree with you about not knowing the history; but i must also insists on pointing out that our government and majority of its people don't support the violence on our neighbors.

If Ghanaians did it in the 70s to your people why then include cameroonians; Nigerians and Chadians?
You might have the answer to the above but in South Africa I think people should start asking themselves and the government some questions.From immigration laws to corruption and service delivery.
I don't think the issues are about fear or hatreds of our fellow African brothers. Until we find the answers this problem will continue to happen.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Damage To US Air Base In Iraq Hit By Iranian Missiles (Satellite Photos) / Russian Warship 'aggressively Approached' US Destroyer In Arabian Sea / Illegal Photos Of North Korea That Kim Jong Un Doesn’t Want You To See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.