Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,249 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:05 PM

See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman (5484 Views)

A Man's Letter To His Girlfriend's Ex Is Going Viral / Check Out This Dying Man's Letter To His Wife / See This "Foolish Woman's" Letter To A Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 10:14am On Apr 20, 2015
The title was meant to draw you in.
This piece is loaded with subliminal messages for all; young and young at heart, especially the Women Bashers association of Nairalandtonguetonguetongue

Read and be inspired.

[b]Woman, I am sorry
Sorry that I have sat as judge and jury, weighed you on scales unfit and found you "wanting".

Woman I am sorry
In my search for validation, I have used you and finding myself unsatisfied, cast you away.

Woman I am sorry
Perceiving my sense of self as me on top and you below, I have used words, law, religion and ever escalating cruelty to keep this hierarchy sure.

Woman I am sorry
For I have regarded you as my Achilles heel and the force of my damnation
I have looked at you as someone to be controlled, something to fettered lest I end up destroyed
Your heart and body bear the scars of my paranoia
What have I done?
In my idiocy I marked out a piece of life, labeled it "your place", herded you in with the warning "here and no further"
What have I become?
Seeking to rule, I have all but forgotten that a crown, scepter and throne are but symbols of service.

Woman I am sorry
This is my repentace song
The lens of my father lies broken now and for once I truly see
I see that you stand strong despite the many hurts that have come from me
I see that you yet stand graceful even with all the burdens I have ladeled on you
I see you; unique, beautiful, tender, strong, passionate, gifted, full of life.
I marvel at your might
I see your courage in adversity, your wisdom and strength and now my heart trembles at your awesome essence
I pray that you will forgive me and let me help you on your way
That I might witness your vision, darkened by my fists healed
and your grounded dreams take flight and pierce the horizon.

Yours sincerely
A foolish man[/b]

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by naijaboiy: 10:16am On Apr 20, 2015
Waiting for the letter written by a foolish woman. undecided

6 Likes

Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by Nobody: 10:16am On Apr 20, 2015
Now what`s the purpose of this letter?
Why do ladies think the men are always at fault?
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by LEvuls(m): 10:19am On Apr 20, 2015
More like an unorganized poem undecided
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by Tallesty1(m): 10:20am On Apr 20, 2015
Ok
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 10:20am On Apr 20, 2015
MzNelly:
*sigh

Some people are so myopic to see this is a literary piece.

To see that this is not just for a woman, but for the female folk in general.

They are not to be blamed however.
In their tiny little minds, a man who is unashamedly apologetic to a woman is a "sissy."

The term "foolish" is also used literally.

But once again, too myopic to understand.

I give up.
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by Nobody: 10:22am On Apr 20, 2015
The woman talked about is just like a figment of the schizophrenic imagination of a psychotic.

Even if she does exist, she is just like a rare gem upon a volcano's crater, soon to be destroyed by outpouring lava.
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by ronald4lif(m): 10:24am On Apr 20, 2015
Too many "sorry" in one letter. What a sissy. The woman got him where he want. This one will keep saying sorry even when he's the one offended. Mtcheww.

He couldn't even tell what he's sorry about
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by Cutehector(m): 10:24am On Apr 20, 2015
Collete hian... Who would write such in this era

I concur wit missclasssy
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by Nobody: 10:26am On Apr 20, 2015
Sheering of gullible fallacy.
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by jascon1(m): 10:27am On Apr 20, 2015
You way day read follish man letter Na wetin u go call yourself. Abeg I just come here to count the foolish man paddies
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by Nobody: 10:31am On Apr 20, 2015
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 10:43am On Apr 20, 2015
missclasssy:
The woman talked about is just a figment of the schizophrenic imagination of a psychotic.

She doesn't exit.

Schizophrenia is a challenging disorder that makes it difficult to distinguish between what is real and unreal, think clearly, manage emotions, relate to others, and function normally.

Psychotic synonym - severely mentally ill, insane, mad, certifiable, deranged, demented, of unsound mind, out of one's mind, not in one's right mind, not together, crazed, lunatic, unbalanced, unhinged, unstable, disturbed, distracted, stark mad, maniac, maniacal, manic, frenzied, raving, distraught, frantic, hysterical, delirious.

The person who wrote this is my friend.
A friend for life.
If you knew him personally, you'd chew those words you spewed up there.
If you do not understand, do not destroy.

I imagine he had an epiphany.
I imagine he went through a brief period of sober reflection - over how he'd treated the women in his life.

I always thought of his kind as some ethereal, unachieveable specie of being.
His selflessness inspired me, he pretty much influenced this new lease of life I now have.

That a person thinks from a rather divergent and unconventional standpoint doesn't make them any less.
If anything, it shows deep sighted people like me how rare and treasurable they are.
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by FLAWLES(f): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2015
Some pple will jus b here speaking BIG BIG English at any given opportunity;......op CUM again ion get u

1 Like

Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 10:49am On Apr 20, 2015
This writ is for ladies out there who have mostly felt undermined.

It is for women who as a result of tongue lashing, both direct and indirect, have lost their sense of selfworth.
It is for those who have been placed on boundaries, forbidden to soar, condemned to a life of subserviency, just because they are women.

I could go on and on....

Just so you know, you're not alone.
Someone out there feels what it's like to be you.
There is hope for you yet.
kiss

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 10:50am On Apr 20, 2015
Cutehector:
Collete hian... Who would write such in this era

I concur wit missclasssy

Please refrain from addressing me as such on heresmiley
I have a moniker.
Thanks...
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 10:51am On Apr 20, 2015
smh
OkBye.

ronald4lif:
Too many "sorry" in one letter. What a sissy. The woman got him where he want. This one will keep saying sorry even when he's the one offended. Mtcheww.

He couldn't even tell what he's sorry about
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by Nobody: 10:52am On Apr 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

A friend for life.

I imagine he went through a brief period of sober reflection - over how he'd treated the women in his life.

His selflessness inspired me, he pretty much influenced this new lease of life I now have.

That a person thinks from a rather divergent and unconventional standpoint doesn't make them any less.
If anything, it shows deep sighted people like me how rare and treasurable they are.

Ok, but you are getting my statement mixed up.
I used "like".
You probably quoted me before I edited.

Anyway, Apologies
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 10:52am On Apr 20, 2015
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 10:55am On Apr 20, 2015
wink

We good.
missclasssy:

Ok, but you are getting my statement mixed up.
I used "like", you probably quoted me before I edited.

Anyway, Apologies
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by ronald4lif(m): 10:59am On Apr 20, 2015
MizMyColi:
smh
OkBye.

I no dey go anywhere, which kind bye be that. cheesy

Let's not get emotional ma'am, I had no idea the letter was from an acquaintant
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 11:12am On Apr 20, 2015
ronald4lif:

I no dey go anywhere, which kind bye be that. cheesy

Let's not get emotional ma'am, I had no idea the letter was from an acquaintant

Being emotional is a state of being, one that should be expressed freely when justified.
This is why I'm always harping on our choice of words when addressing issues. It can tear down, it can build.
Would you have felt sorry if it were just some random person who wrote that? What difference does it make? Aren't we all humans at the end of the day?
Must we be blunt when we want to say stuff, or is there a nicer way to pass on our message?

The writer of that piece up there shared it with me immediately he finished writing.
I was so excited about sharing it that I promised to share with my NL buddies.
Now I'm having second thoughts on showing him this link.

Being truly convicted and sorry over a cause is no small feat.
You mentioned the word "sissy" - it shows to a large extent how men have been indoctrinated to reason in this part of our world.

You saw a sissy while reading that.

I saw a truly brilliant and emotionally intelligent person.
Someone who unashamedly admits his wrongs while trying to make stuff right.
My respect for him toppled.

So much for viewing life from different lenses and perspective.
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:14am On Apr 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

A friend for life.

Mizmycoli, your friend might as well cut off his penile appendage and cease being a man. This s is just too effeminate. On another note, I think he's playing to the gallery and toying with you the females. He got several likes, shares and comments from the female folks on his friends' list, didn't he? If only you knew, miss, if only you knew. Like Shakespeare said, we've all been played...the female folks this time. Reverse psychology somebody? Anybody?

2 Likes

Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by Nobody: 11:17am On Apr 20, 2015
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 11:23am On Apr 20, 2015
TheSonOfMark:

Mizmycoli, your friend might as well cut off his penile appendage and cease being a man. This is just too effeminate. On another note, I think he's playing to the gallery and toying with you the females. He got several likes, shares and comments from the female folks on his friends' list, didn't he? If only you knew, miss, if only you knew. Like Shakespeare said, we've all been played...the female folks this time. Reverse psychology somebody? Anybody?

If you have not walked a person's journey.
Do not judge their story.

1 Like

Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by Nobody: 11:24am On Apr 20, 2015
I don't seem to comprehend any dot up there
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 11:29am On Apr 20, 2015
Pickabeau1
Crackhaus

Don't just view. Say something, please...
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by pickabeau1: 11:30am On Apr 20, 2015
Very true words however what about that of the foolish woman

Women trample on men's hearts too because of their beauty and manipulating skills
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 11:36am On Apr 20, 2015
smiley
pickabeau1:
Very true words however what about that of the foolish woman

Women trample on men's hearts too because of their beauty and manipulating skills

True that.
I have so much on my plate.

I could actually take that up.
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by pickabeau1: 11:38am On Apr 20, 2015
MizMyColi:
smiley

True that.
I have so much on my plate.

I could actually take that up.

ok

just take it as a human thing
a natural human will use his advantage over another be it male or female

Only with enlightenment will one know the damage of his ways on others
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by MizMyColi(f): 11:40am On Apr 20, 2015
pickabeau1:

ok

just take it as a human thing
a natural human will use his advantage over another be it male or female

Only with enlightenment will one know the damage of his ways on others

True too.
Re: See This "Foolish Man's" Letter To Woman by ronald4lif(m): 11:59am On Apr 20, 2015
MizMyColi:

Being emotional is a state of being, one that should be expressed freely when justified.
This is why I'm always harping on our choice of words when addressing issues. It can tear down, it can build.
Would you have felt sorry if it were just some random person who wrote that? What difference does it make? Aren't we all humans at the end of the day?
Must we be blunt when we want to say stuff, or is there a nicer way to pass on our message?

The writer of that piece up there shared it with me immediately he finished writing.
I was so excited about sharing it that I promised to share with my NL buddies.
Now I'm having second thoughts on sharing this link.

Being truly convicted and sorry over a cause is no small feat.
You mentioned the word "sissy" - it shows to a large extent how men have been indoctrinated to reason in this part of our world.

You saw a sissy while reading that.

I saw a truly brilliant and emotionally intelligent person.
Someone who unashamedly admits his wrongs while trying to make stuff right.
My respect for him toppled.

So much for viewing life from different lenses and perspective.

As time changes, humans perspective to life is expected to change along with it. Life experience and recent happenings have thought men that most women aren't attracted to such men who go about "pleasing". A lot of the ladies on this forum did also affirm to that believe. If one must say sorry to their woman or make up to some err, they can still do so via other means. Not by writing such a long epistle demoting one's self-worth.

The guy that wrote that piece might be in love but such a letter can only do him more harm than good. Yes, he's sorry he should go ahead and say so and not say it repeatedly. What difference does it make?.

Like I said I'd no idea it's from someone you'd knowledge of. I thought it's one of those stories lifted from blogs or a work of fiction. Retractions to any wrong choice of words I may have used. But still, he should have done better and would have still passed across his message.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Your Big Booty Is Dangerous / See How Foolish Some Girls Reason But Think They Are In Love / Wish nairalanders happy new year here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.