Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,895 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:23 PM

Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members (15670 Views)

Nigerian Society Of Engineer Past Questions For Intending Members / First Photos From The All Nigerian Society Of Engineers General Meeting In Awka / Sample Of NSE/COREN Technical Report (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by debbie(f): 12:01pm On Apr 20, 2015
I would like to call on all nairalanders who are registered members of NSE, COREN ,FNSE and the rest to come in and share ideas.
Give advice to new and intending members.
Suggestions will be welcomed.
Ask questions too.
This is because the process of becoming a registered member is rigorous but rewarding .

Many of us are yet to understand why the have to join,benefits and the whole processes involved.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by debbie(f): 12:37pm On Apr 20, 2015
For you to pursue your membership,you must be a registered member of an NSE local branch,pay your dues and attend meetings regularly.
You must be in at least two societies eg APWEN,NIEEE,NICE etc
You must have atleast 4years of full time working experience as a graduate engineer.
You must get a supervisor for your project topic. He or she must be an an up to date payment member with the NSE.

These are some of the basic information you need before you can start pursuing your membership.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by dayton8701(m): 9:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
Please nairalander I need your assistance concerning the format for writing NSE/COREN technical report.
I will appreciate your effort.
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by engrsyer(m): 11:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
Ma'am Debbie, ever since I've been following you have been making sense and I envy you. More grease to your elbow. I am actually a Graduate member of NSE and looking forward to my Corporate membership by next year before going for COREN. Going for COREN directly would have been better but the application and registration fees for me I think is on the high side for me to just go into that directly.

What is your say about it fellow Engrs?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by engrsyer(m): 11:20pm On Apr 20, 2015
Maybe @xfire is needed here.
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by debbie(f): 9:31am On Apr 21, 2015
A more professionally recognised membership is that of corporate.Now from what i heard,getting your COREN all depends on your ability to get your NSE first...I think the process of coren is much easier now as they have merged the processes together.Though a more experienced person can shade more light on this.
.Nothing comes easy i must say.I will advice every young graduate to join NSE now,because when you are fully engaged in your career pursuit you may have little or no time for it.
Also,if you intend to go into government contracts in future,procurements and basically government owned projects and some big time private contracts too,Your NSE and COREN gives you a good edge for smooth practice.

Many people have be told there is no gain in NSE,COREN,NICE OR APWEN. but i tell you i have gained alot and i dont regret it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by decuba: 3:19pm On Apr 21, 2015
apologise..am a graduate of Building which is environmental science is there a chance for me to be a member of NSE or coren..an also can anybody help with NIOB PR Corbon
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by FABBYBLACK: 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
I'm just a fresh graduate civil engineer with no experience, how do I join NSE and what are the procedures? Thanks
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by debbie(f): 11:09am On Apr 24, 2015
Before you become a member of NSE,you must have about 4 years of experience in engineering related field.This is because part of the process of membership involves some technical projects and assessment of which a Senior engineer must supervise.
So for now work on gaining experience.
Though you should still keep tab of what is happening in NSE
cheers
FABBYBLACK:
I'm just a fresh graduate civil engineer with no experience, how do I join NSE and what are the procedures? Thanks
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by Janyves(m): 12:25pm On Apr 25, 2015
I just completed NYSC and will be willing to be a registered electrical/electronics technologist(with a bias for ict and telecom) soon. Hope I'll get the necessary help in here? Anyways I love the thread, and I hope it grows more contributors.
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by debbie(f): 9:45am On Apr 27, 2015
Congrats on completing your NYSC! presently you need to gather work experience in Engineering related field.While you are at it,try and locate a nearest NSE local branch meeting point and register.Later you will get the benefits and it will also help you during your formal membership process.
cheersuote author=Janyves post=33092303]I just completed NYSC and will be willing to be a registered electrical/electronics technologist(with a bias for ict and telecom) soon. Hope I'll get the necessary help in here? Anyways I love the thread, and I hope it grows more contributors.[/quote]
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by Kassidy4luv(m): 9:50am On Apr 27, 2015
Am a civil Engineer and have 1 yr plus experince in Geotechnical Engineering..... I intend joining thses professional bodies NICE, NSE and COREN soon. Please house how do I go about it.
Thanks
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by debbie(f): 9:54am On Apr 27, 2015
First of all,one year =+ experience isnt enough to be able to join....but that is not to say you shouldn't pursue it.
Like i told the other guy,look for a local NSE branch and register to be attending meetings and workshops.Networking will definitely make your membership easy.There you will get most of the answers you need.It will make it easy for you to also get a senior engineer as a supervisor too.
Kassidy4luv:
Am a civil Engineer and have 1 yr plus experince in Geotechnical Engineering..... I intend joining thses professional bodies NICE, NSE and COREN soon. Please house how do I go about it.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by FABBYBLACK: 2:06pm On Apr 27, 2015
Thanks, but I thought that's for COREN. Is NSE like that now?

debbie:
Before you become a member of NSE,you must have about 4 years of experience in engineering related field.This is because part of the process of membership involves some technical projects and assessment of which a Senior engineer must supervise.
So for now work on gaining experience.
Though you should still keep tab of what is happening in NSE
cheers
Thanks
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by debbie(f): 2:34pm On Apr 27, 2015
Yes,the NSE you had in school was more like student membership.Which has little or no significance outside the school.
COREN comes after you have met all the requirements to be a corporate member of NSE
FABBYBLACK:
Thanks, but I thought that's for COREN. Is NSE like that now?

Thanks

Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by headTO: 4:46pm On Apr 27, 2015
If I am not wrong you are an HND graduate . That been the case you can register for NSE,though you can still be COREN registered. The process is you become a corporate member of NATE(NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TECHNOLOGISTS IN ENGINEERING. U can can check their website for more information. Their exam format is like NSE,where u have to take a written exam and an interview from experienced engrs in the field. U also have to submit a written Technical report. Once you scale through, You can now apply to COREN as an ENGR TECHNOLOGIST. Hope this is helpful. For further Info, U can reach me on 08165630449.
Janyves:
I just completed NYSC and will be willing to be a registered electrical/electronics technologist(with a bias for ict and telecom) soon. Hope I'll get the necessary help in here? Anyways I love the thread, and I hope it grows more contributors.
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by engrsyer(m): 7:30pm On Apr 27, 2015
headTO:
If I am not wrong you are an HND graduate . That been the case you can register for NSE,though you can still be COREN registered. The process is you become a corporate member of NATE(NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF TECHNOLOGISTS IN ENGINEERING. U can can check their website for more information. Their exam format is like NSE,where u have to take a written exam and an interview from experienced engrs in the field. U also have to submit a written Technical report. Once you scale through, You can now apply to COREN as an ENGR TECHNOLOGIST. Hope this is helpful. For further Info, U can reach me on 08165630449.
It is wrong from you headTO to adjudged person which you've not known at all or have little about her. From your assumptions you just go straight to conclusion that she is a Technologist or an HND Grad. without maintaining your assumption position of which is wrong.

Please I will advice not to segregate here but see everyone here as your colleague Engr and not minding whether you an Engr, Technologist, Technician, Craft-man or Apprentice or what ever qualification you may claim.

Thanks as I hope all of us to cooperate.

Cheers!
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by headTO: 2:42pm On Apr 28, 2015
@engrsyer thanks for the info. But u got me wrong. I only acted on the fact that he said he wanted to be registered as a technologists. I only gave him the procedure for registering. Not that I segregate as u are claiming. For the records all graduate engrs can become COREN registered .But all have to pass through different body. U need a university degree to get an NSE, HND need to pass through NATE. Most people are of oblivious of this fact hence most HND holders seemed frustrated these days when they are denied registration by NSE. The beauty of this, is that all gets COREN registration once they scale through the hurdle. I don't have any problem with whatever qualification. All are graduates though our country made them un equal. All HND graduates can learn from this and move along to get their COREN registration.
engrsyer:
It is wrong from you headTO to adjudged person which you've not known at all or have little about her. From your assumptions you just go straight to conclusion that she is a Technologist or an HND Grad. without maintaining your assumption position of which is wrong.

Please I will advice not to segregate here but see everyone here as your colleague Engr and not minding whether you an Engr, Technologist, Technician, Craft-man or Apprentice or what ever qualification you may claim.

Thanks as I hope all of us to cooperate.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by engrsyer(m): 7:47pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ok my colleague @headTo

Nice work anyway.

Shalom
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by djdoxxx(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2015
debbie:
First of all,one year =+ experience isnt enough to be able to join....but that is not to say you shouldn't pursue it.
Like i told the other guy,look for a local NSE branch and register to be attending meetings and workshops.Networking will definitely make your membership easy.There you will get most of the answers you need.It will make it easy for you to also get a senior engineer as a supervisor too.
Hello Maam, I Am A Graduate Of Agricultural Engineering,and I Just Completed My Nysc...I Would Be Looking Into Being COREN registered,but pls do you know companies,industries where i could get a job and how?
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by Kunstay98: 12:31am On Nov 18, 2015
I have HND Agricultural Engineering, Power and Machinery Option, and I decided to go for PGD Mechanical Engineering. I opted out while I was about to complete my project when I understood I could not be coren registered with the different engineering degrees! Now is there anybody to help me out in what to do to get registered with either coren or NSE with my HND after 10 years working experience in a mechanical section of works department of a local Govt.
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by Olabestonic001(m): 12:21pm On Nov 18, 2015
debbie, thanks for your infos.
I should register with NIEEE and NSE asap.
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by debbie(f): 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2015
Guess you missed the second batch for the year....watch out for the next batch of registration which will come up early in the year.
Olabestonic001:
debbie, thanks for your infos.
I should register with NIEEE and NSE asap.
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by temi4fash(m): 2:05pm On Nov 18, 2015
Engr Debbie,

Good afternoon madam, Pls what is the basis and process of joining NIEEE and I presently work as a site Electrical Engineer for a construction company, I do the Electrical supervision in the site. Is that experience valid for my NSE and NIEEE. And the supervisor for the technical report you talked about must the person be in your field. I hope you understand me.

Thanks.

Great work you doing.

God bless you
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by debbie(f): 2:38pm On Nov 18, 2015
How many years have you been working? You need at least 4years of work experience to join NSE.
There is no special process to join NIEEE...Just locate a local branch where you are..Check their website to see lists of branches they have and how to register to become a member.
Supervisor should be someone who has a knowledge of your technical report.
temi4fash:
Engr Debbie,

Good afternoon madam, Pls what is the basis and process of joining NIEEE and I presently work as a site Electrical Engineer for a construction company, I do the Electrical supervision in the site. Is that experience valid for my NSE and NIEEE. And the supervisor for the technical report you talked about must the person be in your field. I hope you understand me.

Thanks.

Great work you doing.

God bless you
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by Ahmedie25(m): 5:18pm On Nov 18, 2015
Is it possible to get NSE examination past questions, if yes how?
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by urose93(f): 11:46am On Nov 20, 2015
please I have HND in Physics with Electronics and I am currently working with engineers in a state civil service as Higher Technical officer(Electrical). How can i start my registration or is it even possible to be registered with COREN.

note: without COREN i will not progress more than GL10.
please help a sister
thanks in anticipation of a prompt responce
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by karkinase(m): 1:22pm On Nov 20, 2015
Hi Engr. debbie, wuld luv to be a member of NSE, but the constraint is that im a recent graduate with practically no level of practical experience . Dnt know if you could be a conduit to any link where i can gain some level of technical exposure in my given field(chemical Engineering). Thnks
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by acorntree(m): 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2015
debbie:
How many years have you been working? You need at least 4years of work experience to join NSE.
There is no special process to join NIEEE...Just locate a local branch where you are..Check their website to see lists of branches they have and how to register to become a member.
What of someone with HND in electrical eng + PGD in electronics/computer eng.Can I join NSE but currently a technologist in a polytechnic, with +8 years experience.can I apply for engineer cadre or technologists.And also, which one is APWEN,NIEEE,NICE.
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by temi4fash(m): 8:27pm On Nov 20, 2015
debbie:

Less than 6 months now....

But not compulsorily an Electrical Engineer.
Re: Nigeria Society Of Engineers(nse),coren Members And Intending Members by dcole73: 3:53pm On Mar 29, 2016
Hello all

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

4 Ways To Achieve Your Career Goals Faster As A Nigerian / Hope For Hnd Holders, Hnd / Bsc Conversion Programme / Nigeria Army Promotes Senior Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.