Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,885 members, 7,824,701 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? (26433 Views)

Barcanista, Buhari's Social Program; More Of A Possibility / Buhari's Social Program: Very Possible. / Buhari Social Program: Laudable, Laughable Or Dead On Arrival? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by PassingShot(m): 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
ECOTERRORS:
can you please give us a counter analysis and stop this your beer parlour tantrums @ barcanista.
Give us the figures and the figures behind the figure why the social programme is feasible.

If you need to know how feasible the programs are, google APCs response to Soludo's critique of their manifesto.

I am past that level already.
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by VanOmiyale: 5:28pm On Apr 20, 2015
themilanway:
Doom sayer crew.GMB hasnt been sworn in,why the rush to throw him under the bus?Looking for a bad name to hang a dog?

How do you know his social programme isnt feasible?Are you privy to some 1st hand information we dont know?

Why havent you nitpic GEJ/PDP's manifesto?Or did GEJ fulfilled the phantom"fresh air"he promised in 2011?

If you are going to cry more than the bereaved,wait till he is sworn in atleast.

Turncoat.
Did you even read the post at all? The OP never said the policy will not work he is only asking for informed opinion on the matter. It will be better if you come up with your own facts and figure to show how you think the policy will work instead of taking the lazy way out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by jomoh: 5:31pm On Apr 20, 2015
PassingShot:
[s][/s]

This your obsession with GMB has no equal!

Your life must be very pathetic I swear. Why don't you wait for the administration to be sworn in and start work before you start the rubbish you've chosen to embark on?

Your die-hard supporters must by now be ashamed of you already!

Lalasticlala, Seun, Ishilove, please stop giving this guy unnecessary attention by moving silly threads as this to the front page.

Stop feeding his over bloated ego please!

Modified*
Just as I expected, here is one of the few reasonable PDP supporters:

The guy is just pathetic.

He is trying hard to redeem his dented image. I just wish he could decamp from my beloved Barcelona before he infects us with his ill luck. Especially with his prediction on winning champions league.

His attempts to ridicule the man's policy even when it is yet to start shows he's not tactical and quite un intelligent. Hard working, no doubt but he doesn't know when to tap out or which battle he's to fight and which not to fight.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by PassingShot(m): 5:32pm On Apr 20, 2015
steppin:

You're yet to counter his argument with a meaningful comment.
You keep insulting him, saying how proud he is but he called for debate, goddamit!
But I'm not too surprised, you got nothing to offer.
Try and make a meaningful argument without insults, it'll help.

Unfortunately for you, my post that you quoted just informed you what he has failed to consider in his myopic analysis.

Fyi, I have challenged him to a debate before but he bailed.

A search of my threads and posts on the forum will tell you that I am over and above what you think.

The OP is only devastatingly pained at his loss at the polls and I am not ready to accord him recognition beyond what he deserves.
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 20, 2015
demandtruth:

Must all of you pretend to be an economist?
Even, economist believe that crushing figures is not centrally a factual determinant
of economics indices.

The op bagga do not understand anything at all about economy model or
projection analysis as he's only looking at income and expenses.

There are undermining policies and discipline that a government could adhere
to in making a projection on economics issue work

There are lots of wastage inherent in the out going administration that
would be used to lessen the costs of these expense.

Futhermore, costs-fund-policy-
finance are not exclusive of one another. Programmes are design for a purpose and
to effectively impact on the people, models are put in place to test the workabilty

Stop speaking big grammar n stay on the topic. The thread starter simply stated the obvious. its not advanced economics to calculate our total revenue. Its very basic
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by nigerianvenom(m): 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
barcanista:
Where are the pro-Buhari people? I love things like this... #BabaOneChance

The fact is that all these apc guys hardly have point to counter these sincere truth. The only person that tends to have a debate able fact is obiagelli, but even her fact is worst than a "YAKUBU MISS"

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by ApexTitan(m): 5:43pm On Apr 20, 2015
onatisi:
Everything that is been said on this thread will be meaningless by may29.

Because by then school children will be eating spicy fried rice, breaded shrimps with vegetable salad, plantain and chicken peri peri for lunch abi?
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Firefire(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
I laugh at some human beings comments here. grin

I pray oh God of Heaven that you help Mr. Buhari and his new government, please keep him safe from the wolves around him and please deliver Nigeria from their den.

Howbeit, we shall be patiently waiting how the Miracle Worker, a.k.a 'Baba ONE CHANCE' will source for fund to administer this bogus social welfare.

Till then, remain in the atmosphere of 'One Chance'

Shalom!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by themilanway(m): 5:44pm On Apr 20, 2015
VanOmiyale:
Did you even read the post at all? The OP never said the policy will not work he is only asking for informed opinion on the matter. It will be better if you come up with your own facts and figure to show how you think the policy will work instead of taking the lazy way out.

There is an English word called Benefit of doubt

If you want continuity for GEJ after 4yrs why cant i demand for change for Buhari?

Lets give him the benefit of doubt,if he fails,we crucify him.
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Nobody: 5:46pm On Apr 20, 2015
barcanista:
You only read what the Journalists write rather than details. Please read in details, this is one mistake we make in this country.

From your second link You said TRILLION before. Anyway, Do you think Companies will agree to do business with TIGHT Fiscal policy? bros, na wa o.

Please read more on Fiscal Policy of Government and its usefulness in achieving balance of trade.

[b]. . . . . .Mr man, you couldn't even be disciplined enough to understand that my second link was to mock you and okonjo being that the customs boss who should know reeled out figures whereas others are making it look nice

. . . . . . .let explain to you how certain importations work in Nigeria . . . . . . . . .if you are given a permit to import AGO into the country, the quantity to be imported is specified, each time you open a form-M to import the product, the bank stamps at the back of the permit specifying the quantity to be imported and ticks off that amount from the total qty, thereafter the bank writes to DPR stating the qty . . . . . . . . . . .this way, DPR is able to tell what qty was stated for importation. when you bring in the product, a DPR representative/surveyor is present when it is discharging to make sure the qty actually brought in falls within +/- 10% tolerance of the form-M qty . . . . .this is done to make sure you don't go above what you were permitted to bring in and to ensure proper duty and VAT is paid (although duty and VAT is not paid on AGO, this just an illustration)

. . . . . . .in the same vein, customs ticks on the back of the waiver every time you bring an item that falls under the HS code under waiver so as to tell how much each company got in concession. . . . . . . .whereas the finance ministry gives out these waivers, it is customs that actually knows how much has been ticked off . . . . . . . . .for instance, a company with a N400m waiver might only have N100m ticked off within the waiver period . . . . . . . . . .so my friend, between the CG of customs and Iweala, the CG is in a better position to tell you what he has allowed pass his nose in the name of waiver/concession

. . . . .and PS: you are making us have a good laugh at the office[/b]

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by leofab(f): 5:47pm On Apr 20, 2015
I
agabusta:
Sit your ass down and let the administration come on board before you start your opposition work. You still have 4 years ahead to tackle the administration, you better don't dissipate your energy too early.

You just seem to me like those people that will be running full speed at the start of a 10,000metres marathon only to drop off mid-way.

The administration is yet to come on board, you are already being pessimistic.

will be back...
counter him intelligently if you are educated and not calling names..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by jt2010: 5:51pm On Apr 20, 2015
barcanista:
1. Osun State is in HUGE debt that BANKS are refusing to give them more loan.

2. Osun is owing wokers EIGHT MONTHS Salaries.

Is this what you want?

How many states in Nigeria are not indebited including both APC and PDP control states. His Osun state indebtedness is as a result of the O Meal program.

Anyway, my point is the social program may not be a direct FG social program as you are trying to point out but APC social program that will be implement through APC control states with the full support of the FG.
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by kaydkay(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
To all those Pessimists/PDP supporters wishing/praying for Buhari to fail you should know that "Impossible means nothing to a very focused man". There was a time when State Governments couldn't generate up to 10million IGR for the whole year (Lagos inclusive) until some right thinking and smart people did the right things.

I saw a report in the papers and on TV last week that Lagos State IGR is now in the region of 23 BILLION (TWENTY THREE BILLION!!) MONTHLY.

Now whoever thought Lagos could generate such huge sums? The money has been there all along but it wasn't properly harnessed.

We all keep labeling Nigeria as a Potential Super Power -Economic wise but despite this potentials, we haven't amounted to anything because of lack of political will of those in government.

I believe Buhari will do well.
I believe it will not be business as usual for those running the country down economically.
I believe some you praying for the down fall of the incoming Government will be alive to see the greatness of these great nation.
I believe the Poster and some of the "PDP never see anything good in buhari" people will soon eat their words and run away with their tails between their legs in shame as the man Buhari puts this country on the path of greatness again.

Just my 2 cents.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by scantee(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20, 2015
barcanista:
Bros, even if he's to increase VAT to 10% or 15% he won't still be able to raise the said amount. I will really like to see those people that were celebrating at their ignorance on Obiagelli's thread last night including my friend OAM4J.

If he should go ahead to implement it, we will experience "massive" Hyperinflation and a total collapse to our economy. Zimbabwe will be coming to our aide cheesy cheesy
cule u have said it all, ur head is really there kudoz.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by demandtruth: 5:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
chuna1985:

Stop speaking big grammar n stay on the topic. The thread starter simply stated the obvious. its not advanced economics to calculate our total revenue. Its very basic

This shows you have little understanding baout the same topic in discuss

Interpretation of economics indices are not entirely based on naira and kobo

What is obvious on a information based solely on revenue and expeditures?

It shows you are a "akara" seller - i buy am for N10 sell am for N12 my profit is N2.
Is this not how you and your op reason
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by aresa: 5:56pm On Apr 20, 2015
leofab:
Icounter him intelligently if you are educated and not calling names..

leofab:
you be gooat!!!! Do you think Sambisa is a Town? Go and capture a virgin forest as large as twice the land mass of Lagos State...

Coming from this same hypocrite who just insulted another poster instead of sane and rational counter views..

Please keep quiet...
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by aresa: 5:59pm On Apr 20, 2015
kaydkay:
To all those Pessimists/PDP supporters wishing/praying for Buhari to fail you should know that "Impossible means nothing to a very focused man". There was a time when State Governments couldn't generate up to 10million IGR for the whole year (Lagos inclusive) until some right thinking and smart people did the right things.

I saw a report in the papers and on TV last week that Lagos State IGR is now in the region of 23 BILLION (TWENTY THREE BILLION!!) MONTHLY.

Now whoever thought Lagos could generate such huge sums? The money has been there all along but it wasn't properly harnessed.

We all keep labeling Nigeria as a Potential Super Power -Economic wise but despite this potentials, we haven't amounted to anything because of lack of political will of those in government.

I believe Buhari will do well.
I believe it will not be business as usual for those running the country down economically.
I believe some you praying for the down fall of the incoming Government will be alive to see the greatness of these great nation.
I believe the Poster and some of the "PDP never see anything good in buhari" people will soon eat their words and run away with their tails between their legs in shame as the man Buhari puts this country on the path of greatness again.

Just my 2 cents.

Very well said.
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Firefire(m): 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2015
aresa:

Coming from this same hypocrite who just insulted another poster instead of sane and rational counter views..

Please keep quiet...

Your own duty na to check his posts history and detect where he insulted someone, abi? continue. alakisa to njo loru...
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Apr 20, 2015
scantee:
cule u have said it all, ur head is really there kudoz.
Boss, how far na? Long time...Wetin happen na we I no hear from you? Abeg PING me jooor

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by onatisi(m): 6:05pm On Apr 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

Because by then school children will be eating spicy fried rice, breaded shrimps with vegetable salad, plantain and chicken peri peri for lunch abi?
only God knows tomorrow,Only God.
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Mogidi: 6:07pm On Apr 20, 2015
leofab:
Icounter him intelligently if you are educated and not calling names..

I doubt they can counter barcanista, he almost exploded Obiagelli's head with facts and statistics yesterday.

Bad guy barca!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by ayoromer: 6:08pm On Apr 20, 2015
buhari rule wil be base on so many lies paying d unemployed n d elderly gej was force to use oil money to build school n gether alamajiri street beggers n was feeding them so buhari want to continue wit it.how wil he identified d unemployed he want pay alamajiri.
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by ceemere: 6:15pm On Apr 20, 2015
Obiageli is a traitor. F*ckin aboki d*ck sucker. Death to all traitors
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Tycike: 6:16pm On Apr 20, 2015
Bros your analysis is bollocks. if buhari can fight corruption then hes program can be achievable. Afterall GEJ has asked PDP to return 2trn which is what is remaining from the money for his re-election campaign which is half our budget.
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Apr 20, 2015
HzRF:

I never said buahri said that
Itz 1 elder from North that openly said this and dey follow it up

An elder who is a card carrying member of the ruling party! What has this got to do with Buhari and APC's manifesto ?
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by atlwireles: 6:23pm On Apr 20, 2015
ApexTitan:

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Jesusloveyou: 6:30pm On Apr 20, 2015
barcanista:
Thank you. I was appalled when I saw her ridiculous claims. I started wondering that if FG can get up to N9trn as its own share, why then are we running our budget on deficit and taking loans...?
i urge u to ask gej why he run d economy on deficit and $3b loan for security,thank God in few wks time,d truth of how gej and his cronies run down nigeria,they empty everything-foreign reserve,swf and excess crude acc,and yet pluge us into more embarrasing debt to d turn of $67b,very soon,u wil also know how much nigeria earn,or what it can earn,or what gej fail to garner for us,

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by Nobody: 6:30pm On Apr 20, 2015
Mogidi:

I doubt they can counter barcanista, he almost exploded Obiagelli's head with facts and statistics yesterday.

Bad guy barca!
My Oga, I loyal o...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by san316(m): 6:39pm On Apr 20, 2015
barcanista:
Bro, Just as Jonathan is the President of ALL Nigerians irrespective of who voted for him in 2011, Buhari will be the President of ALL Nigerians (Home and Abroad) whether a section of us voted for him or not. Just as GEJ was held accountable, Buhari will be held accountable...

Simple. He is the president of all Nigerians and will be held accountable. By your words you've already declared his regime a failure even before he starts. That is an unfair way of holding someone accountable because you have declared him guilty even before trial.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by atlwireles: 6:50pm On Apr 20, 2015
nigerianvenom:

The fact is that all these apc guys hardly have point to counter these sincere truth. The only person that tends to have a debate able fact is obiagelli, but even her fact is worst than a[b] "YAKUBU MISS"[/b]

That is good. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by atlwireles: 6:53pm On Apr 20, 2015
Reality is slowly setting in, for most of the sai crowd. Go and look for work, feed yourself and family, don't have children you cannot feed and train. Because government will not do it for you. Don't grow up to become a parasite. angry angry angry angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Social Program PART II: Feasible or Laughable? by jt2010: 6:55pm On Apr 20, 2015
PassingShot:

Unfortunately for you, my post that you quoted just informed you what he has failed to consider in his myopic analysis.

Fyi, I have challenged him to a debate before but he bailed.

A search of my threads and posts on the forum will tell you that I am over and above what you think.

The OP is only devastatingly pained at his loss at the polls and I am not ready to accord him recognition beyond what he deserves.

You don't need to grace him with a debate because like their clueless GEJ, they reason in one direction!!! The social program is APC manifesto so why is he trying so hard to tie it sole to GMB incoming FG! He even went further to make statement that FG cannot be directly involve in primary school activities. He is trying to make the policy look like only FG social program and totally\intentionally exclude the involvement of APC state government. The APC social program is a party manifesto so it s involve the collective involvement of both the FG and Mostly APC state government.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Senate Presidency Campaign Disrupts National Assembly Proceedings / How Reno Omokri Controls Buhari's Government (Screenshots ) / PDP Crisis: I Did Not Bath For Three Days Over Edo Election – Wike To Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.