Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,935 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? (826 Views)

Why Do Men Patronize Prostitutes? (Video) / Why good men turn out to be players / Abimbola Fernandez Comes Out As A Lesbian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by anticent(m): 8:47am On Apr 21, 2015
Most of us fail to understand why anyone would want to engage in homosexual activity. To the average person, the very idea is either puzzling or repugnant. Indeed, a recent survey indicated that only 14% of men and 10% of women imagined that such behavior could hold any "possibility of enjoyment."

The peculiar nature of homosexual desire has led some people to conclude that this urge must be innate: that a certain number of people are "born that way," that sexual preferences cannot be changed or even ended. What does the best research really indicate? Are homosexual proclivities natural or irresistible?

At least three answers seem possible. The first, the answer of tradition, is as follows: homosexual behavior is a bad habit that people fall into because they are sexually permissive and experimental. This view holds rat homosexuals choose their lifestyle as the result of self-indulgence and an unwillingness to play by society rules. The second position is held by a number of psychoanalysts (e.g., Bieber, Socarides). According to them, homosexual behavior is a mental illness, symptomatic of arrested development. They believe that homosexuals have unnatural or perverse desires as a consequence of poor familial relations in childhood or some other trauma. The third view is "biological" and holds that such desires are genetic or hormonal in origin, and that there is no choice involved and no "childhood trauma" necessary.

I would like to hear people's views on Why Men Turn Gay and Women Turn Lesbian.
Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by vjsmiles: 8:49am On Apr 21, 2015

Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 21, 2015
Their brain has been liquefied then decanted out of their heads. . .

That's all angry

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 21, 2015
Fear or hatred of the opposite sex. For me it can either be choice or mental trauma, nothing natural about it.
Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by FLAWLES(f): 8:52am On Apr 21, 2015
Am no Lezbo....ion know sad ;
Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by marshalcarter: 8:53am On Apr 21, 2015
Evil spirit dey dance shoki for their head na
Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by SarcasticMe(m): 9:14am On Apr 21, 2015
I think it's mental illness...

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by Xtianvic(m): 9:50am On Apr 21, 2015
as aphilosopher, homosexuality can be caused by an early abuse in life i.e an older person was constantly abusing you way back in your childhood or one of your parents praticed such a life which in turn, imprinted it in your genetics
Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by mightycrown1(m): 9:57am On Apr 21, 2015
it is more than mental illness
Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by Cholls(m): 10:08am On Apr 21, 2015
my brother hahaha oh my world.
Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by prettyjo(f): 10:36am On Apr 21, 2015
being excessively close with your best friend
Re: Why Do Men Turn Gay, Women Lesbian? by sonikstargirl(f): 1:04pm On Apr 21, 2015
prettyjo:
being excessively close with your best friend

exactly

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Strong Minded Man To Go Out With / Ladies Pls Don't Ask Such? / My Conversion Story. Must Read

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.