Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,819,999 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 AM

Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? (1053 Views)

Why Are So Many People Attacking The Trekker For GEJ? / Female Partner Of The GEJ Trekker Quits (see Pics) / President Jonathan Trekker Gets Financial Support From The UK [photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by theunusualmoon(m): 10:49am On Apr 21, 2015
Can someone please give me 3 reasons why Hashimu should be celebrated.

Hashimu the trekker seem to be the name on many lips these days but sadly not on mine.
I almost wrote a panegyric about him but the critique in me reared its ugly head.
what were his exact reasons for embarking on this peregrination?
What about his job?What boss allows one to go absent for such a cause? Or could he be jobless? Perhaps he's an entrepreneur who can afford to leave his business for about a month and no regrets would incur.
Did he decide to go on this walk in a bid to pressure GMB into delivering?If that was the case then I think it would be better if the walk takes place after the swearing in ceremony.
I probably would be celebrating Hashim right now if He had gone on the walk in a bid to:
1. break the Guinness world record for the longest trek ever embarked by a man
2. Protest the spate of killings and kidnappings by BH
3. protest the silence of the Government on the killers of the Aluu 4
4. Celebrate Doctor Stella Adadevoh

But walking because of GMB is a bit difficult for me to find admirable.
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by talk2hb1(m): 10:52am On Apr 21, 2015
Can you tell what Mungo Park did that worth him being celebrated?
www.qlickas.com Home of the great GOONS
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by Caseless: 10:56am On Apr 21, 2015
The latest source of heart-attack to TANpigs is hashim , the 'trekker'.

We just de look Una.... undecided

3 Likes

Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by theunusualmoon(m): 11:03am On Apr 21, 2015
Caseless:

I ain't no politician bro.
Infact, I would have posted it in another section if I could but this is the one closest to this subject and that leaves me no choice.... and pls don't hijack this thread and turn it onto a political jamboree.

The point is alrady simple enough: Give three reasons why the trekker should be celebrated.
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by Caseless: 11:23am On Apr 21, 2015
theunusualmoon:

I ain't no politician bro.
Infact, I would have posted it in another section if I could but this is the one closest to this subject and that leaves me no choice.... and pls don't hijack this thread and turn it onto a political jamboree.

The point is alrady simple enough: Give three reasons why the trekker should be celebrated.
In a country where integrity/honesty is hard and difficult to find like diamond, for a man to keep to his words and vow of trekking that long distance- he deserves commendation. Achieving that feat alone calls for celebration.
I don't have to give 3 reasons, the one I have given is enough; it equals to 10 reasons.

4 Likes

Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by Nobody: 11:33am On Apr 21, 2015
In Modern Nig no one has made such Journey
Purpose of his Journey to celebrate the Vic of GMB
Stop :ha8ting

1 Like

Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by ziryboy(m): 11:38am On Apr 21, 2015
You are a dumb useless igbo man, that's how you igbos talk about people. Some one who said he will trek from Lagos to Abuja if the peoples General win presidential election and he made it, you are now asking the reason he made the move Dumb head. For that, he is the first man to trek from Lagos to Abuja and the whole world recognise him so he is already in a Guinness world record
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by theunusualmoon(m): 11:50am On Apr 21, 2015
ziryboy:
You are a dumb useless igbo man, that's how you igbos talk about people. Some one who said he will trek from Lagos to Abuja if the peoples General win presidential election and he made it, you are now asking the reason he made the move Dumb head. For that, he is the first man to trek from Lagos to Abuja and the whole world recognise him so he is already in a Guinness world record
Firstly,.I am not Igbo but I admire them.Secondly, if you think this discussion cannot take place without you going tribal then I suggest you reserve your comments.
Thirdly, I don't have a problem with his journey;I have a problem with his cause for the journey.
Lastly, He won't make the Guinness book.his trip cannot be proven..No one sighted him n the south west or the middle belt.
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by sheymoni(m): 12:43pm On Apr 21, 2015
Because he's a man of his word & a man of integrity. Doyin okupe should learn from him & change his name to bastard asap
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by omenka(m): 12:48pm On Apr 21, 2015
Caseless:

We wait to witness their final interment when Buhari recites those golden words after the Chief Justice of the federation.
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by theunusualmoon(m): 1:17pm On Apr 21, 2015
You guys are yet to give me three reasons why Hashim should be celebrated.
You can profile this guy if you like.
http://onlineleaks.com/this-man-ride-bicycle-from-ivory-coast-to-nigeria-to-create-awareness-for-chibok-girls
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by ferhyntorlah(f): 1:23pm On Apr 21, 2015
theunusualmoon:

Firstly,.I am not Igbo but I admire them.Secondly, if you think this discussion cannot take place without you going tribal then I suggest you reserve your comments.
Thirdly, I don't have a problem with his journey;I have a problem with his cause for the journey.
Lastly, He won't make the Guinness book.his trip cannot be proven..No one sighted him n the south west or the middle belt.
I don't think he passed through the middle belt. He went up North straight to Niger than Abuja.
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by theunusualmoon(m): 1:31pm On Apr 21, 2015
ferhyntorlah:
I don't think he passed through the middle belt. He went up North straight to Niger than Abuja.
I don't even doubt his trip.I just don't think the reason behind his trip is worthy enough.
I don't havr anything against GMB and would have voted for him if I wasn't disenfranchised by Inec but this trek for GMB......I just need three reasons why it should be celebrated.
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by mikolo80: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2015
theunusualmoon:
Can someone please give me 3 reasons why Hashimu should be celebrated.

Hashimu the trekker seem to be the name on many lips these days but sadly not on mine.
I almost wrote a panegyric about him but the critique in me reared its ugly head.
what were his exact reasons for embarking on this peregrination?
What about his job?What boss allows one to go absent for such a cause? Or could he be jobless? Perhaps he's an entrepreneur who can afford to leave his business for about a month and no regrets would incur.
Did he decide to go on this walk in a bid to pressure GMB into delivering?If that was the case then I think it would be better if the walk takes place after the swearing in ceremony.
I probably would be celebrating Hashim right now if He had gone on the walk in a bid to:
1. break the Guinness world record for the longest trek ever embarked by a man
2. Protest the spate of killings and kidnappings by BH
3. protest the silence of the Government on the killers of the Aluu 4
4. Celebrate Doctor Stella Adadevoh

But walking because of GMB is a bit difficult for me to find admirable.
he made a vow
he is following through so next time God will answer his prayers
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by theunusualmoon(m): 2:03pm On Apr 21, 2015
mikolo80:
he made a vow
he is following through so next time God will answer his prayers
Three reasons, please!
Re: Why Should Hashim The Trekker Be Celebrated? by mikolo80: 2:29pm On Apr 21, 2015
theunusualmoon:

Three reasons, please!
na jamb question?

(1) (Reply)

Party Members Escaping From The House Of Assembly During Riot In 1962 / AIT Credibility Opinion Poll: Vote Now / Identify And Vote For Your Best Nairalander Profile(personal Text And Signature)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.