Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) (63301 Views)

Top 10 Women You Won’t Believe Are Real / SIX Secrets That Your Girlfriend Won’t Let You. / Top 6 Most Beautiful University Campuses In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by xdos(m): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
ooshinibos:

Yes , you have made a valid point , however , the culprit is still not corruption , it is a combination of lack of good governance and an uneducated ,greedy and a population of poverty mentality -grab and go , the corruption in china and Dubai is worst than Nigeria but you cannot detect it because the government and the population have an expectation of good service and results ..for example , if you secure a contract in china and Dubai for 5 million dollars by the time the contracts paper gets to you its 15 millions ( the extras go to the pen pushers ) , the only thing they ask you is that you complete project and they will even given you bonus for completing on time , the problem in Naija is that the populace do not expect much too, we have not been trained to complete projects and our government had taken advantage of this mentality, the evident is on the street , everyone is trying to dupe one another ... even from the airport , police and custom trying to extract money from you just to pass through an airport , I tell you bruv , the Nigerian mentality of grab and go ( 80 percent is guilty ) has finished us , (we even take this mentality abroad with us ) we should have a mentality of grab and finish project , then things will get done . We might even had a good leader but he will be frustrate by how the system and people think

All the completed projects in Nigeria were completed by foreign contractors that have been trained to finished projects except the ones the government stopped due to the fact that the contract did not cooperate with the government .

You are right when you said ,we Nigerians have the brain, yes we do but our Nigerian religious mentality society of grab and go is stopping and killing us , ..I was in the UAE recently and most of the projects managers of these big projects in the UAE are Nigerians trained with certified skills , for example , the new modernised Library in DOHA in Qatar , was project managed by an Nigerian Engineer ...now the question to you -why can't these Nigerians do the same in Nigeria ?? ... I actually forgot that we don't even have electricity in Nigeria ...so nothings is gonna get down anyway .. you see my point
Broda! this whole thing still bothers on corruption. We too have an expectation from the govt but we dont ve people who can stand upto the govt. And out biggest undoing is that we celebrate the evil men in the society.
I still see the grab and go as corruption. Corruption is the reason the govt isnt living up to expectations... Imagine where a contract is advertised for 5M, and I have to bribe the govt with some good amount of money to secure the contract. How then can the contract be perfectly executed? and ofcourse the govt will still keep quite when the contractor fails to meet up with standard because they know what they have done in secret. The few good men in the country have refused to talk... How can one even talk when touts, cultists, militants and criminals now occupy the seat of power...
Now check out our Engrs in UAE like you mentioned... If you check their background, you will see that they all studied abroad. We have the best of brains... Just that we here channel them to -ve things of life.

-why can't these Nigerians do the same in Nigeria ?
The only way you can do this if you have someone in the helm of affairs... The govt needs to encourage entrepreneurship. There is this mentality that if you are not a white, you cannot do it... The local companies need to be empowered. Give them projects with timelines... Encourage them to train their staff...
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by Nobody: 2:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
Rotterdam Central Station should be on this list!

Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by kraftykc(m): 3:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
espn:
hey I like people like u dat jump.

Taiwan ain't China dude.
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by DrAify(f): 4:06pm On Apr 22, 2015
Yeah[quote author=Feraz post=32980582]Yeah. . .they are. . .have you been there?
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by ichelle(m): 4:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
Buhari will build better than thos ones

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by espn(m): 4:46pm On Apr 22, 2015
kraftykc:

Taiwan ain't China dude.
Chinese taipei..where did u c china..didnt u go to school..nd learn hw to use ur google..dont be lazy.
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by ooshinibos: 4:57pm On Apr 22, 2015
xdos:

Broda! this whole thing still bothers on corruption. We too have an expectation from the govt but we dont ve people who can stand upto the govt. And out biggest undoing is that we celebrate the evil men in the society.
I still see the grab and go as corruption. Corruption is the reason the govt isnt living up to expectations... Imagine where a contract is advertised for 5M, and I have to bribe the govt with some good amount of money to secure the contract. How then can the contract be perfectly executed? and ofcourse the govt will still keep quite when the contractor fails to meet up with standard because they know what they have done in secret. The few good men in the country have refused to talk... How can one even talk when touts, cultists, militants and criminals now occupy the seat of power...
Now check out our Engrs in UAE like you mentioned... If you check their background, you will see that they all studied abroad. We have the best of brains... Just that we here channel them to -ve things of life.

-why can't these Nigerians do the same in Nigeria ?
The only way you can do this if you have someone in the helm of affairs... The govt needs to encourage entrepreneurship. There is this mentality that if you are not a white, you cannot do it... The local companies need to be empowered. Give them projects with timelines... Encourage them to train their staff...
Broda , I agree to a point with you ,I must also stress that corruption is not the only reason , if it was the case what about the China , UAE , even USA and UK , they battle with corruption too but they have managed to live with it and come up with a check and balance , a normal human is corrupt if left unchecked , until we reached a point in Nigeria that we must accept that corruption is a human disease and we need to build check and balance system around any position that is liable to corruption .For example , what we need is transparency of contract bidding , for example it should be known to the public who won a contract and when is it due for completion ( we don't need to know how much it was awarded for ) , that's what is done in countries that manage to get things done .
Yes , we need Government to put in place these checks and balance but because this senators or legislatures came from the same broken system they cannot perform even if they want to . For example ,we have been saying that CCTV should be placed at public places like police station and airport for security , monitoring and surveillance duties but we are still waiting ( even relative safe countries install CCTV not to talk of bloody Nigeria ) . Government have approved it but the local heads always sabotage the CCTV installation or put a fake one there ..

Those engineers in UAE are Nigerian trained but did an online course or self trained themselves and left Nigeria because of the system or environment in Nigeria ...the Nigerian environment is not conducive for a normal human being ... Can you imagine we don't have electricity ..even though 6billion dollars have been issued ,

finally ,we are saying roughly the same stuff but from a different perspective , there will always be corruption but we should find a way to check it or create a transparent system e.g CCTV at public places , police station , airport , motor park , governments , audit trails , this is what stop or deter humans
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by xdos(m): 5:33pm On Apr 22, 2015
ooshinibos:

Broda , I agree to a point with you ,I must also stress that corruption is not the only reason , if it was the case what about the China , UAE , even USA and UK , they battle with corruption too but they have managed to live with it and come up with a check and balance , a normal human is corrupt if left unchecked , until we reached a point in Nigeria that we must accept that corruption is a human disease and we need to build check and balance system around any position that is liable to corruption .For example , what we need is transparency of contract bidding , for example it should be known to the public who won a contract and when is it due for completion ( we don't need to know how much it was awarded for ) , that's what is done in countries that manage to get things done .
Yes , we need Government to put in place these checks and balance but because this senators or legislatures came from the same broken system they cannot perform even if they want to . For example ,we have been saying that CCTV should be placed at public places like police station and airport for security , monitoring and surveillance duties but we are still waiting ( even relative safe countries install CCTV not to talk of bloody Nigeria ) . Government have approved it but the local heads always sabotage the CCTV installation or put a fake one there ..

Those engineers in UAE are Nigerian trained but did an online course or self trained themselves and left Nigeria because of the system or environment in Nigeria ...the Nigerian environment is not conducive for a normal human being ... Can you imagine we don't have electricity ..even though 6billion dollars have been issued ,

finally ,we are saying roughly the same stuff but from a different perspective , there will always be corruption but we should find a way to check it or create a transparent system e.g CCTV at public places , police station , airport , motor park , governments , audit trails , this is what stop or deter humans
I agree with you.. how can these anomalies in our nation be solved seeing the kind of people we have in govt. Can we ever get out of this Mess? check out money bin wasted in the name of solving power issues... The gas turbines currently been installed were purchased during Obasanjo's era in govt. They wia purchased and dumped... Sometin dat was not suppose to tk more than 1 yr to install... It was during Jonathan’s era dat he picked up d project again and these turbines are 10yrs this year....
Nigeria is blessed with sufficient gas. We shouldn't be battling with power but a lot of this gas is bin flared...
NLNG bonny has been begging the FG to take a Final Investment Decision on Train 7 but the govt has turned deaf ears... Nigeria still takes crude products outside to be refined When they can easily hold our oil companies here and insist they build their refineries here.. The govt knows dat these mentioned above are ways they can create employments for thousands of Nigerian but be cos of their greed and lack of transparency... Who will bell d cat?
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by akugbemike(m): 7:12pm On Apr 22, 2015
stanboy28:
wats so special about ftc .......mtcheew

No beefing bro. Just when you get here, you will fill it.

My question: What is it being the best in your class?
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by akugbemike(m): 7:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
1goodman:

gm, can u pls tell me what is so special abt FTC ? I think I need to know.

Evening brother, just keep pushing if you want to know.

I get to load 3000 credit for free because am FTC. grin
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by Feraz(m): 7:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
DrAify:
Yeah
You must have toured the world then. . . cheesy
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by 1goodman: 8:07pm On Apr 22, 2015
akugbemike:

Evening brother, just keep pushing if you want to know.

I get to load 3000 credit for free because am FTC. grin
really ! you mean you get 3000naira airtime for being FTC ?
on ao many topic will yu be FTC to get the airtime ?
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by akugbemike(m): 9:22pm On Apr 22, 2015
1goodman:

really ! you mean you get 3000naira airtime for being FTC ?
on ao many topic will yu be FTC to get the airtime ?

Yes, 10 topics in a week. The ones that make front page though. Very hard task hoo, I tell you.
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by DrAify(f): 9:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
smiley
Feraz:
You must have toured the world then. . . cheesy

1 Like

Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by stanboy28(m): 9:16am On Apr 24, 2015
akugbemike:

No beefing bro. Just when you get here, you will fill it.

My question: What is it being the best in your class?
it's ecstasy.....
Re: 4 Of The Most Beautiful Train Stations You Won’t Believe Are Real (photo) by aytechno(m): 4:02am On Jun 30, 2021
Good question.

does ur country has provision for the engineers. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

10 Types Of Students You Will Meet In Hostels / Aerial Pictures Of The Obafemi Awolowo University (great Ife) / July 10 Cult Attack In OAU, Ile-Ife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.