Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. (2709 Views)

How Your Temperament Affects Your Relationship / Reasons Why Ladies Make It Difficult To Get Under Their Pants In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by mrpackager(m): 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
nyc one op
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
Chiam55:
Wow that blew my mind. I've seen families out in a restaurant and every member of the family is looking at their phone or tablet. I go out with friends and they spend more time telling facebook where they are and who they're with than enjoying my company. They are busy taking pictures of their food and editing and sharing than to appreciate and give thanks for the food in front of them. #I'm putting down my phone and going to enjoy the real world. Thanks missy grin

Lovely comment.
You hit the nail on the head.

1 Like

Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mizmycoli, keep on peeping and leaving undecided
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by MizMyColi(f): 12:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
missclasssy:
Miz mycoli, keep on peeping and leaving undecided

Lmao
What I do na.

I didn't have anything as meaningful to contribute.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lmao
What I do na.

I didn't have anything as meaningful to contribute.

undecidedundecided
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by ronald4lif(m): 12:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
Lala247:

How u dey .. How u see topic any truth in it

Yes, there are bunch of truth in the write up. Almost everything there is the true situation of the effect of social media on the people. But it advantages far outweigh it disadvantages.

Apart from the disadvantages highlighted by the author in the OP post, one of the top effect of social media is that it has enabled a lot of people live fake lives while it's also a platform for some to be their real selves.

There are two types of social media, the completely faceless ones like those that have no pictorial or profile features and the ones where people can put their pictures like dating sites. In the former most of the people who operate behind it are normally true to themselves whilst in the latter, people most often than not gives off that personality they want other members to accept.

In my opinion, when you interact with people face-to-face you almost never find someone that actually tells you what they really have on their mind. Instead, the most people are interested to "fit in" socially when deep down they couldn't care less.

The social media (the completely anonymous ones) continues to be the only avenue where most people can be themselves because of anonymity and the lack of accountability for their actions, this would also explain why most people online is socially desensitized and excessively rude to each other.

I've often said that ignorance is bliss because the truth that isn't being expressed must be pessimistic, that's why we never hear about it.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 12:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
ronald4lif:

Yes, there are bunch of truth in the write up. Almost everything there is the true situation of the effect of social media on the people. But it advantages far outweigh it disadvantages.

Apart from the disadvantages highlighted by the author in the OP post, one of the top effect of social media is that it has enabled a lot of people live fake lives while it's also a platform for some to be their real selves.

There are two types of social media, the completely faceless ones like those that have no pictorial or profile features and the ones where people can put their pictures like dating sites. In the former most of the people who operate behind it are normally true to themselves whilst in the latter, people most often than not gives off that personality they want other members to accept.

In my opinion, when you interact with people face-to-face you almost never find someone that actually tells you what they really have on their mind. Instead, the most people are interested to "fit in" socially when deep down they couldn't care less.

The social media (the completely anonymous ones) continues to be the only avenue where most people can be themselves because of anonymity and the lack of accountability for their actions, this would also explain why most people online is socially desensitized and excessively rude to each other.

I've often said that ignorance is bliss because the truth that isn't being expressed must be pessimistic, that's why we never hear about it.

True story
Media is taking over our lives

Can you remember when no computer no phone nothing .. Wonder how we communicated those days
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by ronald4lif(m): 1:01pm On Apr 22, 2015
Lala247:

True story
Media is taking over our lives

Can you remember when no computer no phone nothing .. Wonder how we communicated those days

Yea, I can remember those days when social media haven't gone much digital like it is today. It's great to have experience those years and the digital age. Our unborn kids won't be that fortunate. cheesy

Every invention by man will always have adverse effects. But when the effects are much advantageous that's not a problem.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 22, 2015
ronald4lif:

Yea, I can remember those days when social media haven't gone much digital like it is today. It's great to have experience those years and the digital age. Our unborn kids won't be that fortunate. cheesy

Every invention by man will always have adverse effects. But when the effects are much advantageous that's not a problem.

True

Its got its disadvantages but think advantages r more
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 4:23pm On Apr 22, 2015
ronald4lif:

Thanks a lot for this comment smiley
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 4:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
missclasssy:

Have you become a mod! Chai... See way you're making frontpage, I think I'm gonna start mimicking you.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by cherryice(f): 4:41pm On Apr 22, 2015
cool cool
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by danbrowndmf(m): 4:51pm On Apr 22, 2015
buygala:
ok

Since na poem dey reign now.... make I drop my own poem too na grin

CHICKEN NO DEY CRY FOR NIGHT

IF E CRY FOR NIGHT

I GO KILL AM CHOP

IF YOU ASK ME WHY I KILL AM CHOP

I GO TALK SAY

CHICKEN NO SUPPOSE DEY CRY FOR NIGHT angry

#copyright @ buygala
lols, bro u funny die.cheesy
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by danbrowndmf(m): 4:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
Yes,this days without our phone we are bored,without MB in our phone were bored.
We even prefer to have MB to talk to online friends than to hv airtime to talk to our real life friends

...#BringbackReal Life
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Apr 22, 2015
The only time wey i fit construct poem like dis op na when i dey drink palmwine and dey eat dog meat.dog meat dey always dey give me inspiration cool
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by ronald4lif(m): 7:39pm On Apr 22, 2015
missclasssy:

You're welcome.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
Wow, oh boy d poem is fantastic and so on point!
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
lovelygurl:
Wow, oh boy d poem is fantastic and so on point!

Yes it is.
I was speechless when I listened to it for the first time.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 22, 2015
God bless Gary Turk.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
~ I don't know how this is a problem though.
You just have to learn how to balance the two.
I enjoy the real world than the online world though. In the real world I get preferential and special treatments which i find really great, but online.?..nothing like that.

there's no church in the wild anyway.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by danbrowndmf(m): 10:48pm On Apr 22, 2015
Darkrebel666
post=33007872:

~ I don't know how this is a problem though.
You just have to learn how to balance the two.
I enjoy the real world than the online world though. In the real world I
get preferential and special treatments which i find really great, but
online.?..nothing like that.

there's no church in the wild anyway.
evening. u'v nt been replyn ma mention.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 22, 2015
danbrowndmf:
evening. u'v nt been replyn ma mention.

~ I didn't see any.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by danbrowndmf(m): 9:36am On Apr 23, 2015
Darkrebel666:

~ I didn't see any.
WoW.shocked Mayb hv nt been spelling ur name well,or mayb ts netwrk

morning bro.
Re: How Social Media Addiction Affects Relationships. by emzila(m): 9:49am On Apr 23, 2015
Dangote no be ex president, vice president, justice etc yet Jonah awards him GCON on this ground and for the fact that Jonah is still in charge, i hereby confer on you the award GCONN

(1) (2) (Reply)

••Peep this•• / Who Is The Most Lovely Lady On Nairaland? / Can You Believe This? Couple Seen "Doing It" In A Public Park(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.