Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker - Celebrities (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker (38092 Views)

Charles Novia Writes On Tiwa Savage And Teebillz Saga / Donjazzy, Olamide And The Headies Saga-charles Novia Weighs In / Guy Threatens Charles Novia’s Life Over Statement About Buhari Trekker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Hero10001: 3:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
dammytosh:
Charles Novia should go and take a seat and continue writing the crap he writes against his colleagues.

If it were to be a white man that made that spurious claim , we will not come here and be typing crap.

That he trecked from Lagos to Abuja does not mean he went through the same express road u are measuring.

Trecking from Island to yaba does not mean u must measure third mainland bridge there are plenty routes.
Stop making sh.it comparisms, i don't think you attentend geography and mathematics class for ya secondary school.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by dammytosh: 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hero10001:

Stop making sh.it comparisms, i don't think you attentend geography and mathematics class for ya secondary school.

Teach me.

And also tell me you know all the villages with no motorable road that he possibly went through nd u factored them in your rubbish geography.

You carry ur BLACK impossible mindset and be forming elite.

As far as I am concerned, he trecked it u too otherwise proven.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by 2tees03(f): 3:15pm On Apr 22, 2015
Ur opinion doesn't change anything, d dude in question might not even knw a Charles novia exist. Try make a name apart from bn a critic!
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 3:24pm On Apr 22, 2015
nsyforreal:

reporting you officially to the management of nairaland.please let's stop abusing people on this forum.if someone abuses anybody here,the persons account should be deleted immediately.I will take this up with nairaland i immediately
That's your own cup of tea, aint care about any damn body here. Cheers!
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by LastProphet: 3:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hero10001:

k'osi ona abuja l'ori ope..
Go check the maps, no short cuts.

Ki la fe se my brother?
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by egobetatoday: 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
sometimes i wonder if Nigerians(especially educated youth) dont question what any information they get. Surprisingly they dont.
personally i dont believe that the guy trekked the whole distance on foot sha. haba trust nigerians and wuruwuru now.

i dont have to support APC or PDP to question some news. thats what an educated person should do.

well, anything is possible
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Dvampire(m): 3:38pm On Apr 22, 2015
Charles Novia,, if e dey pain you, trek your own.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by NobleG1(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
A walking speed can vary greatly depending on a multitude of factors such as height, weight, age, terrain, surface, load, traffic, effort, whether and fitness. An average healthy and fit human walking speed is about 5 km per hour (km/h), or about 3.1 miles per hour (mph). Someone grossly out of shape or just not used to walking can only do 1-2 km per hour.

Let check this in extreme situation.
A VERY fit and determined person can hit 747 km in approximately 14 days, under Nigerian condition.
24 hrs - 8 hrs (sleep) - 3 hrs (rest and feeding) = 13 hrs walking time per day.
13 hrs (walk time) x 4 km = 52 km (distance per day).
747 km (Lagos to Abuja) ÷ 52 km = approx. 14 days.
778 km (Charles Novia stated distance) ÷ 52 km = approx. 15 days.

The man claimed he did it in 18 days, which means he did 41.5 km walk per day. It's very plausible.

1 Like

Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Kul3ger(m): 4:18pm On Apr 22, 2015
justi4jesu:

I don't have a dictionary, could you be kind enough to tell me the meaning angry
No I can't...
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by hadura29(m): 4:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
freshness2020:

ich spratc deutch...lol..

Tut Mir leid, ich verstehe dich.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by RichboyPee(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22, 2015
This Charles Novia self. Must he talk in every issue? This his popularity stunt is really working for him. Atleast we now read about him every now and then
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by CR77(f): 5:52pm On Apr 22, 2015
OK
hush15:

CR77,

lf they told me he used one month plus, maybe but in less than 3 weeks, abegi.

Lagos to Ibadan alone, bush from Lagos Ogun toll gate to ogun Oyo toll gate alone will get you shivers.

am so certain he biked at certain points, especially in places he needed to leave bushy surroundings
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by kilokeys(m): 6:03pm On Apr 22, 2015
charles novia is a talkative

a fast pace walk is 4km/hr

so if he walks 10 hrs everyday.. 18 days is very possible

but i am curious abt his stamina sha
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 6:31pm On Apr 22, 2015
FunnyAfricanPic:

Hahahhahaha. Hahahahhahah ha

Wetin be this?
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by rocknation62(m): 6:45pm On Apr 22, 2015
Mitsurugi:
Charles, the only way to prove him wrong is to undertake your own trek and make sure Nollywood captures shots for the next blockbuster. You are more in the news these days for criticizing kids than making movies. Afolayan don leave you go ooo ... grin
mehn dis ur last statement fit make charles cry o "AFOLAYAN DON LEAVE YOU GO" chai
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Hero10001: 6:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
dammytosh:

Teach me.

And also tell me you know all the villages with no motorable road that he possibly went through nd u factored them in your rubbish geography.

You carry ur BLACK impossible mindset and be forming elite.

As far as I am concerned, he trecked it u too otherwise proven.
Bro, i detest ignorance but whenever i find the opportunity to teach, i'll just do it.
Okay, listen up.
1. In Mathematics, Geometry taught us that ; The shortest way to move from point A to point B is Straight line.
I.e: ax +by +c=0, where a, b, c are real constant, and a, b are not zero e.g the Hypotenus of a triangle.
2. Geography taught us that Earth is not flat but spherical, therefore, the shortest distance from point A to point B is Zigzag.

Now back to the trekker, for him to be able to travel from Point A(Lagos) to Point B (Abuja), he must either go through a "STRAIGHT line" or "ZIZ-zag" cos he can't fly.
So, if the straight line distance from Lag to Abj is 1200km, how on earth can he do it in 19 days?! That means he had trekked 63.15km in 24 hours for 19days without rest. At which her rested, took some selfies, ate, etc.
Bro, i hope you gerrit? If not you are among the complete idiat that believes everything is possible.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Hero10001: 6:55pm On Apr 22, 2015
LastProphet:

Ki la fe se my brother?
We're stakeholders in this great nation, we should'nt open our eyes and let ants eat it out.
Let's stand up and detest ther idiocy.
Ko si obo ni idanre mo.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by justmi1: 7:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
Technically its possible for him to trek from lagos to abuja within 19days at 38.9KM per day, cos it takes about an hour to cover 5km distance by foot, but my own is that, if he walks 12hrs the first 2days, he will need another 2days to rest before continuing, except he is on dope or some wicked drugs.just saying
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by dammytosh: 7:42pm On Apr 22, 2015
Hero10001:

Bro, i detest ignorance but whenever i find the opportunity to teach, i'll just do it.
Okay, listen up.
1. In Mathematics, Geometry taught us that ; The shortest way to move from point A to point B is Straight line.
I.e: ax +by +c=0, where a, b, c are real constant, and a, b are not zero e.g the Hypotenus of a triangle.
2. Geography taught us that Earth is not flat but spherical, therefore, the shortest distance from point A to point B is Zigzag.

Now back to the trekker, for him to be able to travel from Point A(Lagos) to Point B (Abuja), he must either go through a "STRAIGHT line" or "ZIZ-zag" cos he can't fly.
So, if the straight line distance from Lag to Abj is 1200km, how on earth can he do it in 19 days?! That means he had trekked 63.15km in 24 hours for 19days without rest. At which her rested, took some selfies, ate, etc.
Bro, i hope you gerrit? If not you are among the complete idiat that believes everything is possible.

No wonder u guys are no longer employable and u blame Govt. U memorize crap and apply nonsense where it has nothing to do with it.

When u are done uploading the nonsense in ur head , get a job first.

If the rubbish you wrote is that plain, I wonder what efforts researchers are spending on Shortest Path Theories and ANT algorithm amongst other ones.

But then, as empty vessel u know quadratic formula and they told u it is 'almighty'. Oponu Ayirada
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by MosquitoREBIRTH(m): 8:37pm On Apr 22, 2015
emperorchedda:
In Nigeria whenever an action is questioned everybody term it Enemy of progress.

Logically what this 'traveler' did is impossible and no sane person will gulp it in
please don't say that... I don't think u've seen a 'fit' person before. Please make sure u try a bet with someone who is very fit, u might just go into coma while the person is still on the move.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by jimi4us: 9:20pm On Apr 22, 2015
Agbero:

Last warning!!! undecided
Lool why on earth will you choose that kinda name?
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Coolbite(m): 9:36pm On Apr 22, 2015
What'z all diz about being a celebrity sef. Must the end alwayz justify the means? Are Nigerians not beginning to lose their sense of value?
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Jaftee(m): 10:40pm On Apr 22, 2015
According to wiki, it takes about 5km/h for an adult to trek this, some says 6km/h, that is 12min or 10min per km, athletes take half this figure. so, if Lagos to Abuja is 700km+ and he traveled for 19days. each day will be about 38km, using the maximum time. he actually use approximately 8hours to trek each day or less if he is an athlete or very much healthy. so, it is very much possible to trek that distance.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by doe: 10:50pm On Apr 22, 2015
Charles no do maths for school. Lol

It's very possible to cover the distance with time for groove in between. Lol
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by VIPERVENOM(m): 11:04pm On Apr 22, 2015
If he was hitching rides at least by now one of those ppl would have come out to expose him.
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by dammytosh: 11:58pm On Apr 22, 2015
Jaftee:
According to wiki, it takes about 5km/h for an adult to trek this, some says 6km/h, that is 12min or 10min per km, athletes take half this figure. so, if Lagos to Abuja is 700km+ and he traveled for 19days. each day will be about 38km, using the maximum time. he actually use approximately 8hours to trek each day or less if he is an athlete or very much healthy. so, it is very much possible to trek that distance.

Thanks for ur objective research and analysis.

Not some brainless earth is spherical rubbish

God bless u
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by LastProphet: 7:28am On Apr 23, 2015
Hero10001:

We're stakeholders in this great nation, we should'nt open our eyes and let ants eat it out.
Let's stand up and detest ther idiocy.
Ko si obo ni idanre mo.

hahahahaha
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by AlPeter: 8:00am On Apr 23, 2015
ojimbo:
i doubt it, the day i traveled from nnewi to onitsha by foot, i could not get up for at least 18 hours, and i could not even work again for some days not to talk of going from lagos to abuja, all na wash jareh
lol... Just from Nnewi to Onitsha?! Kai, despite say you dey south low altitude better weather conditions and all no onder when I served in the north my corper friend always complain about trekkin
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 23, 2015
sameer1212:
Charles Novia or what ever u call yourself, we don't need your useless opinion on this. If u are jealous of the hospitality given to Hashimu "the traveller", that's your own business.

did u even read his posts? or did u just jump in to comment. his post has no connection with hospitality given to him.

fact is he appeared in Niger state n reached abuja 2 or 3 days later. There is zero evidence he trekked that distance.

Lagos to Abuja takes a bus travelling @ average of 90km per hour takes 10 hours to get there. what really makes u think any human can trek that distance in less Dan 18 days ?
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 23, 2015
aminho:
If he was a southern guy no one will complain

must u connect this to tribe n ethnicity ?
Re: Charles Novia Disses Lagos To Abuja Trekker by tk4rd: 1:33pm On Apr 26, 2015
Let us do some mathematics here..
And I hope that somebody on twitter would take this results to Charles Novia @charlesnovia..
Let's Begin....
A normal footstep of a sportsman is 1m, and he is supposed to make like 2 steps in one second.. That is 2m per-second and that makes it 120m in a minute..
Now, Let us assume a figure that would be easier to work with.. The value is even lesser, but we will still drive home our point.. - assume a value of 100m in a minute (instead of 120m)..
That means, 1km in ten minutes, and 6km per hr.. (it would have been 7.2km per hour if we didn't adjust)..
The traveller said that he trekked from six-to-six., that is 12hrs trek per day.. We have 6x12=72km each day... (if we didn't correct the values, it would have been 86.4km each day..)....
You were even shouting at 38.9km in a day.. Is he really that slow.?
So, if the distance from Lagos to Abuja is 778km, then, a sportsman trekking it should cover the distance in 10.8056days... (or 9.005days if we didn't correct the values).
Remember, the traveller only visited Emirs Palaces during evening times, and walked the rest of the day without stopping.. (atleast, no one sent anybody to monitor him.. He was fulfilling a promise he made to himself, which is nobody's business.. Someone from Yola had already started his own trek to Abuja.. Maybe you should now alert some people along his route to monitor him)...
Now, if mathematics showed that he can make it within 10-12days, why are u shouting.? He even wasted 7 more days on the road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I Haven’t Found The Right Man – Genevieve Nnaji / Tayo Sobola Slams 'Whistle Blower': "I Get Car, I No Want Again" / E-Money Celebrates His 40th Birthday; Thanks God For His Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.