Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,248 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs (16038 Views)

How Do I Advertise On Nairaland Literature Section...? / Nairaland Literature Nomination Thread / Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ishilove:

Okay angry

You guys are just busy forming in this section, indeed, things will change.

LarrySun:
My questions ask your questions. And the right answer is - as you last question demands - finding ways to make us improve. smiley
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Divepen1(m): 10:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
I used to wonder why many stories are not making FP now I'm enlightened.And why only Standd's story get to Fp. Why some other articles- great ones- would not make Fp? That, I did not know.
The first solution is that Seun should a mod that is nearer to the people; one that is always available, just like Ishilove, none can dispute that.
Secondly, let us do what everyone has been suggesting.
Erm... Poems also should make FP
And Do you know some stories are almost flawless but are not making FP...
Competitions should be encouraged with the winner making Fp
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Divepen1:
I used to wonder why many stories are not making FP now I'm enlightened.And why only Standd's story get to Fp. Why some other articles- great ones- would not make Fp? That, I did not know.
The first solution is that Seun should a mod that is nearer to the people; one that is always available, just like Ishilove, none can dispute that.
Secondly, let us do what everyone has been suggesting.
Erm... Poems also should make FP
And Do you know some stories are almost flawless but are not making FP...
Competitions should be encouraged with the winner making Fp

shocked shocked shocked
Dude pls! The bolded is a BIG FAT lie.

And yes, poems should make FP too.

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by LarrySun(m): 12:15am On Apr 24, 2015
Frontpage isn't the original bone of contention. We're not placing ads in newspapers.

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Royver(m): 8:14am On Apr 24, 2015
Hello all,
For me, the major factor is time. No time to keep up with new stories as they pop out , no time to even write stories anymore. It would be nice if those who frequent the literature section more often to try and contribute to the quality of the stories here in whatever way they can.

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by An0nimus: 8:55am On Apr 24, 2015
Royver:
Hello all,
For me, the major factor is time. No time to keep up with new stories as they pop out , no time to even write stories anymore. It would be nice if those who frequent the literature section more often to try and contribute to the quality of the stories here in whatever way they can.

Touché.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by kayemjay(m): 9:54am On Apr 24, 2015
knock knock...anybody home?

Hehehe...

*Runs away before Larrysun brings out his koboko*
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by D9ty7(m): 9:59am On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:

Hehehe...

You can fear sha o
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by kayemjay(m): 10:29am On Apr 24, 2015
D9ty7:

You can fear sha o

He who fights and runs away, lives to fight another day.
- Patience Jona

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Royver(m): 10:30am On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:

Hehehe...

Kayemjay!
GCOFR!
How are the terrorists that side?
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 24, 2015
Royver:

Kayemjay!
GCOFR!

This thread says you should suggest ways to help improve the quality of works churned out in this section. You are asking about terrorists!
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 10:40am On Apr 24, 2015
LarrySun:
Frontpage isn't the original bone of contention. We're not placing ads in newspapers.

You make FP, Royver makes FP all the time, Kayemjay too, Safarigirl, D9ty7, etc.
Why did the dude pick on me.
The issue is to find ways to help writers write better so the section won't be neglected and relegated to the background the way it is now.

Now, I'm beginning to feel that folks here just want to hit FP, they don't even care about the quality of work they churn out or how to revive the section.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 10:41am On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:

Hehehe...

Hi
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by kayemjay(m): 10:43am On Apr 24, 2015
standd:

This thread says you should suggest ways to help improve the quality of works churned out in this section. You are asking about terrorists!

Stand!!! You no go understand. Me and Roy know wetin we dey yarn. Just sit back and grab a cup of hot choco.

Royver:

Kayemjay!
GCOFR!

Bros, they are fantastic o. Switched formulas as you advised and they are so gingered and are bombing everywhere.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by kayemjay(m): 10:46am On Apr 24, 2015
standd:

Hi

Ehen, as per what is being discussed, I really do not have much to discuss sha. I came here to buy land and book space.

That is how we do it in france. Hehehe

Ishibaby, dont ban me o. kiss kiss kiss
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:

Stand!!! You no go understand. Me and Roy know wetin we dey yarn. Just sit back and grab a cup of hot choco.

My name is standd! And pls can't you guys just contribute to the topic of discourse instead of all this.

In case you didn't get the memo, the thread is all about bringing life back to the Lit. sections and helping writers to write better. What's your take?
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Royver(m): 11:07am On Apr 24, 2015
standd:

^^^^^
Terrorist!
***runs away
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by kayemjay(m): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2015
standd:

My name is standd! And pls can't you guys just contribute to the topic of discourse instead of all this.

In case you didn't get the memo, the thread is all about bringing life back to the Lit. sections and helping writers to write better. What's your take?

My take is simple...

Let me go and come back lol.

Oh, I forgot...standd!

Life is not all about seriousness.. sometimes humor is refreshing.

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:

My take is simple...

Oh, I forgot...standd!

Cool then. Go and come back.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 24, 2015
Royver:

^^^^^
Terrorist!
***runs away

Lolcheesy cheesy
To think you were once my e-husband, my e-model, my e-everything embarassed
Now you are running away grin
I know you are busy, but I plead that you visit this thread once again to at least address the issues. I want to learn, biko.

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by LarrySun(m): 11:44am On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:

My take is simple...

Oh, I forgot...standd!

I'm looking forward to seeing you win this one's heart, bro. cheesy
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Royver(m): 11:46am On Apr 24, 2015
standd:

You make FP, Royver makes FP all the time, Kayemjay too, Safarigirl, D9ty7, etc.
Why did the dude pick on me.
The issue is to find ways to help writers write better so the section won't be neglected and relegated to the background the way it is now.

Now, I'm beginning to feel that folks here just want to hit FP, they don't even care about the quality of work they churn out or how to revive the section.

The solution lies in your post.
If the writers want to make fronr page, they should make their works presentable and have more quality. It should serve as an incentive for them.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Royver(m): 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:

Bros, they are fantastic o. Switched formulas as you advised and they are so gingered and are bombing everywhere.
grin
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 11:51am On Apr 24, 2015
Royver:

The solution lies in your post.
If the writers want to make front page, they should make their works presentable and have more quality. It should serve as an incentive for them.

Thank you. God bless you.
Now if I write, kindly find time to read and critique. Please, that is all some of us need to fare better.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 11:54am On Apr 24, 2015
LarrySun:
I'm looking forward to seeing you win this one's heart, bro. cheesy

He won it already, Long ago.
With the way he writes.
Thank you
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by kayemjay(m): 12:16pm On Apr 24, 2015
standd:

With the way he writes.
Thank you

Awww...so sweet. I wanna cry.

Larry, take: tongue
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by LarrySun(m): 12:30pm On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:

Awww...so sweet. I wanna cry.

Larry, take: tongue
Hahahahaha!!! We both know what I'm talking about.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by LarrySun(m): 12:31pm On Apr 24, 2015
standd:

With the way he writes.
Thank you
You're welcome.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Royver(m): 1:54pm On Apr 24, 2015
standd:

Thank you. God bless you.
Now if I write, kindly find time to read and critique. Please, that is all some of us need to fare better.
tongue
I make no promises..
(but I always read your articles, they r so good they put butterflies in my stomach embarassed)

(coughs) And what do I get as payment? (coughs)
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 24, 2015
Royver:

tongue
I make no promises..
(but I always read your articles, they r so good they put butterflies in my stomach embarassed)

(coughs) And what do I get as payment? (coughs)

shocked shocked shocked
My articles are good? Hmmmmn.
Grammar? Syntax? Others?
You all say my articles are good cos you don't have time to critique abi? Diariss gooooduuuu oh. Whenever you read sha and you have the time, point out my errors...I insist.

As for payment, I will send my new e-husband to you cheesy tongue
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 2:44pm On Apr 24, 2015
LarrySun:
Hahahahaha!!! We both know what I'm talking about.

We all know what you are talking about undecided
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 2:46pm On Apr 24, 2015
kayemjay:

Hmmmmn! I think I now know what you guys are talking about embarassed
Bad men, both of you!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

What Should This Be Called? / Top 10 Writers And Stories On Nairaland 2018(check It Out) / TRAPPED.... The Story Of A Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.