Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,748 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs (16067 Views)

How Do I Advertise On Nairaland Literature Section...? / Nairaland Literature Nomination Thread / Open Letter To Literature-landers- By D9ty7. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Go Down)

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 5:40pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

It is you na! I understand.
Btw, no one asked you whether you read any stories. That info is not necessary.
Might not be necessary to you but it might be to others...

Besides, you're now sounding like a kid whose candy was taken away from her.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 5:41pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1832:
Might not be necessary to you but it might be to others...

Besides, you're now sounding like a kid whose candy was taken away from her.

k
Ignore me.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 5:44pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

k
Ignore me.
I don't and can't ignore intelligent people!. Ask Ishilove, she will tell you!. grin.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 6:36pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

I will ignore. Thanks.

Btw, Ishilove are you my Friend? Friendship means a lot to me (not about all this infantile cries about FP oh)...
I would really love to be your friend for real, you are admirable and intelligent and kind smiley

Be my Friend! embarassed
Madam, thanks for the compliments. Didn't you hear I am friends with everyone in the Lit section? That includes you. You're already in my very very vast circle of friends cheesy
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 6:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1832:
Love you too Ishi... grin
Swerve grin ---------------->>>>>>>>>>
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:

Madam, thanks for the compliments. Didn't you hear I am friends with everyone in the Lit section? That includes you. You're already in my very very vast circle of friends cheesy

Answer my question na or do I have to pay for your friendship too undecided

Hi colospor.
Thanks for also recommending 'The photograph' for FP.
We made it grin cheesy
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Colospor(m): 6:50pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

Hi colospor.
Thanks for also recommending 'The photograph' for FP.
We made it grin cheesy
You're DA best, I'm sure you're already cooking another story with a front page permanent visa?
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 28, 2015
Colospor:
You're DA best, I'm sure you're already cooking another story with a front page permanent visa?

Yes, I am. Funny thing is people all over the WORLD undecided lipsrsealed ask for permission to repost my stories on their pages, blogs, sites, etc... cheesy grin
And I let them, I don't know why some FP warriors will not let me be on NL oh.
Why why angry

lolcheesy
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Colospor(m): 6:58pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

Yes, I am. Funny thing is people all over the WORLD undecided ask for permission to repost my stories on their pages, blogs, sites, etc... cheesy; D
And I let them, I don't know why some FP warriors will not let me be oh.

Lol! Wetin FP go cause ehn. Chai
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 7:03pm On Apr 28, 2015
Colospor:
Lol! Wetin FP go cause ehn. Chai

Abi! The painful thing is very good writers no longer have the time to critique stories here..
I will write and ask for constructive criticism but none will answer...
They all say I'm goodercheesy
Everyday standd is gooder undecided diaris goooooddd oh.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 7:04pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:

Swerve grin ---------------->>>>>>>>>>
Where to? Your lips, your boobs, your heart or the flower embedded between your thighs? grin grin grin.

Trust me Ishi, you don't want to go down that road with me... Lmao.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Colospor(m): 7:05pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

Abi! The painful thing is very good writers no longer have the time to critique stories here..
I will write and ask for constructive criticism but none will answer...
They all say I'm goodercheesy
Everyday standd is gooder undecided diaris goooooddd oh.
grin abeg no crack ma ribs, your fans are solidly behind you wink
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 7:07pm On Apr 28, 2015
Sir Larrysun, you shouldn't quit, now. The thread's no longer serving its purpose.

Madam Standd, can we get to meet on Whats app, please?
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 7:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1832:
Where to? Your lips, your boobs, your heart or the flower embedded between your thighs? grin grin grin.

Trust me Ishi, you don't want to go down that road with me... Lmao.
You seriously need to consider rededicating your life to Jesus
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 7:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

Pishure cheesy cheesy
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:
Pishure cheesy cheesy
undecided sad angry sad
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Ishilove: 7:35pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

undecided sad angry sad
Stop derailing angry
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 7:39pm On Apr 28, 2015
thronekid:
Madam Standd, can we get to meet on Whats app, please?
Yes sir. Once I download whatsapp on my chinkoooo phone, I'll let you know.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 7:43pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:

Stop derailing angry

Pls who was talking about vibtating punnies and very delicious and deeklicious prime meat on this thread earlier on? undecided
The person should be banned lipsrsealed
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by D9ty7(m): 7:45pm On Apr 28, 2015
D9ty7:
In addition, I think the literature section shouldn't be about stories and stories alone. Many people don't visit this section because they are of the opinion that everything on this section are stories which is true. And what they say is, "why should I sit down with my phone and read stories written by unknown writers when I can download James Hadley Chase books?"
There was a time when cuddlemi was the moderator here, quizes and debates if I am not mistaken. Ishilove, I think you should take that up personally. Just anybody can't do it, people won't take it serious, but when a moderator, with their wealth of experience takes it up, people will want to see it. A typical example of this is this thread, for how many hours now, how many views and posts?
Please, do something about it and be sure that people will support you. In fact, you might not do anything at all, other than to create the thread and help us sticky it.
Since I made the above suggestiong, I have been going round the literature board hoping to see a thread lurking somewhere, but there has been nothing of such.
We are on a mission to make the literature section better. And in my own honest opinion, I don't think this board should be about stories alone. It is boring.
Lets have competitions, quizes, debates, short story competitions. Put them on frontpage rather than having a photograph contest every year being celebrated on Nairaland.
I hope to get a reply soonest.
Cc: Ishilove, Standd, LarrySun, Royver, Kayemjay, senbonzakurakageyoshi(how you dey spell your moniker sef) and others.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 7:51pm On Apr 28, 2015
standd:

Yes sir. Once I download whatsapp on my chinkoooo phone, I'll let you know.
You are funny a lot!
You blog with a chinkoooo, how true!
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by D9ty7(m): 7:54pm On Apr 28, 2015
Joseph1832, Informizer, thronekid, stuff46, colospor.... You guys can add a thing or two.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 8:06pm On Apr 28, 2015
Ishilove:

You seriously need to consider rededicating your life to Jesus
Already did, It didn't work out!

Perhaps I should rededicate my life to giving you endless pleasure?.... Making you see clouds of purple lullaby's.... wink
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Colospor(m): 8:08pm On Apr 28, 2015
D9ty7:
Joseph1832, Informizer, thronekid, stuff46, colospor.... You guys can add a thing or two.
I can be a good critique, but I hate it when writer don't accept mistake and takes offence in it.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 8:10pm On Apr 28, 2015
Colospor:
I can be a good critique, but I hate it when writer don't accept mistake and takes offence in it.
It depends on your approach and the way you critique! If you make mockery or try to ridicule a writer, they may not take kindly to it!.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Nobody: 8:14pm On Apr 28, 2015
D9ty7:
[b]For a start, I feel a thread should be created where writers who deems it fit would drop links to their stories inorder to be critiqued by a panel.
This panel, I feel, should be headed by Sir Larrysun, Royver and Ishilove. This panel would also be responsible for selecting the best story to be stickled on the frontpage every one week. I think, with the rate stories are being frontpaged now, things wouldn't augur well.

The panel mentioned earlier or another should also be established that would develop literary games. One particular one, I know, is one which the panel would drop a word weekly and interested writers would develop a story from the word in not more than 300 words. Any story found best would also be frontpaged. This idea was developed by Kennikazi.

Also, I helped Sir Larrysun organized a whatsapp group some days ago, when he asked about ways to move things forward. In this group, he acts as the teacher and believe me, his teachings have definitely better my ways, not just in the scribbling field but in every possible way you could envisage.
I plan on getting sir Royver in, very soon, too.
Writers who wana join can meet via this Number-
+2348179202689.

Just #My2Cents

God bless, sir![/b]

4 Likes

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by losprince(m): 8:16pm On Apr 28, 2015
I suggest that a standard critique committee be formed to rate and criticize our stories--plus the programmers could also add a rating button for stories and their subsequent updates.
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by Colospor(m): 8:18pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1832:
It depends on your approach and the way you critique! If you make mockery or try to ridicule a writer, they may not take kindly to it!.
Okay, I'll frequent here often and try my best, and I also concur with D9ty7, we might have one or two things to learn from the sesquipedalians, e.g Larrysun, royver and so on.

2 Likes

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by LarrySun(m): 8:19pm On Apr 28, 2015
joseph1832:
The question is, how does a stallion fucccck? And has she ever seen stallion fucccck?. lmao!.

You know sometimes I just feel like hugging Ishilove and sometimes I feel like slapping her!. Lol.
Don't corrupt my innocent mind, sir! embarassed
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 8:24pm On Apr 28, 2015
D9ty7:

senbonzakurakageyoshi(how you dey spell your moniker sef)
It means 'vibrant display or a thousand cherry blossoms'. Its Japanese!.

I'm sure Kuchiki Byakuya or may be Kite Kibo would be please that his manga character is now someone else's moniker on Nairaland!. Lol
Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by joseph1832(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
LarrySun:
Don't corrupt my innocent mind, sir! embarassed
Perish the thought of your mind being innocent sir!. grin

1 Like

Re: The Nairaland Literature Board And The Change It Needs by LarrySun(m): 8:26pm On Apr 28, 2015
Colospor:
Okay, I'll frequent here often and try my best, and I also concur with D9ty7, we might have one or two things to learn from the sesquipedalians, e.g Larrysun, royver and so on.
I don't know the meaning of that word - 'sesquipedalians'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Top 10 Writers And Stories On Nairaland 2018(check It Out) / What Should This Be Called? / TRAPPED.... The Story Of A Wife

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.