Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,917 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (799518 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 12:12pm On May 28, 2017
Sure,

Huby’s Docs

Letter from my huby
Study permit letter and work permit. Given at POE
Huby’s passport photocopy.. (Data page)
Canadian visa page in the passport..
Student ID card
Unconditional letter of admission.. It's given after u finish ur registration in the University..
Employment letter of work

My documents are :
Employment letter.. (Added confirmation letter and last salary review letter)
Reference letter from my office..
Cv..
SOP
All my certificates from secondary skol..
Bank statement..
Marriage certificate..
Kids birth certificate..
Letter of explanation
Police certificate
Notary public certified all photocopies of d docs
All CIC forms

I think that was about it.
Markab:
Now that your application is on the verge of approval, can you please share us the documents you submitted guide we prospective applicants in arranging ours?

Thanks madam

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 8:59pm On May 28, 2017
Thanks madam. I sent you pm. Kindly reply I want to send you a document to proofread
VEIL1234:
Sure,

Huby’s Docs

Letter from my huby
Student ID card
Unconditional letter of admission.. It's given after u finish ur registration in the University..

My documents are :
Cv..
SOP
Bank statement..
Marriage certificate..
Kids birth certificate..
Letter of explanation
Police certificate
All CIC forms

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 7:12am On May 29, 2017
preciousa2:

@paprazzi1987 Good evening and many thanks for your post. Let me back track a bit with specific reference to the gcms notes you shared. Whilst I understand the VO's point, I believe that this situation depicts a host trying to apply for his/her spouse (SOWP) and dependent child (status as applicable). In other words, both spouse and child are accompanying dependents of a full time international student. And usually, as stated on CIC website, a full time international student desirous of bringing over his/her spouse and child to Canada is required to show minimum additional funds of 4k (spouse) cad and 3k (per dependent child). That includes the international student's already established 10k cad living expenses plus tuition for atleast one year.

My question and where I struggle to understand in this instance (whilst I understand all other points raised by the VO for this applicant), is that please why should the VO refer to LICO (in this instance 37,650 cad for a family of 3 wanting to live in other provinces other than Quebec)? LICO is usually referenced for PR applicants or family sponsorship applicants (in this case the PA is already on PR status or a citizen).

Please if you have more clarity, i'd love to learn.

Thank you.

I am the host in this case and my wife and son are the applicants.
I also had the impression that I don't need much funds as an international student until they got refused.
If I hadn't requested for case files I would still have the impression that I have enough funds to back up my family applications.
We don't know what the VO thinks but the best thing to do Is to try as much as possible in satisfying all righteousness.

The idiots VO that treated their applications fails to see that I have paid all my tuition fee and that was my last semester in school; I show the tuition statement and letter from school that I am not owing anything.

Anyways, I an waiting for my postgraduate work permit which will be out by next week before I refire.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by preciousa2: 1:02pm On May 29, 2017
paparazzi1987:

I am the host in this case and my wife and son are the applicants.
I also had the impression that I don't need much funds as an international student until they got refused.
If I hadn't requested for case files I would still have the impression that I have enough funds to back up my family applications.
We don't know what the VO thinks but the best thing to do Is to try as much as possible in satisfying all righteousness.

The idiots VO that treated their applications fails to see that I have paid all my tuition fee and that was my last semester in school; I show the tuition statement and letter from school that I am not owing anything.

Anyways, I an waiting for my postgraduate work permit which will be out by next week before I refire.

I understand. I think it's an error on the part of the VO that processed the application. The reference point with regards to additional available funds for accompanying dependents of a full time international student is 4k cad and 3k cad minimum (per year) for spouse (sowp) and dependent child respectively. As clearly stated on CIC website. Not LICO.

Well maybe there's something else the VO saw. Like you mentioned, when your pgwp comes out, you may reapply with all the required documents. Do that first. Then pray fervently to God for favour and zero error.

All will be well.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 2:31pm On May 29, 2017
preciousa2:

I understand. I think it's an error on the part of the VO that processed the application. The reference point with regards to additional available funds for accompanying dependents of a full time international student is 4k cad and 3k cad minimum (per year) for spouse (sowp) and dependent child respectively. As clearly stated on CIC website. Not LICO.

Well maybe there's something else the VO saw. Like you mentioned, when your pgwp comes out, you may reapply with all the required documents. Do that first. Then pray fervently to God for favour and zero error.

All will be well.
Thanks a lot sire.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 3:21pm On May 29, 2017
preciousa2:

All will be well.

Please can you share the link on cic websites where the above rules are stated. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 6:16pm On May 29, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/study/study-how-documents.asp

paparazzi1987:

Please can you share the link on cic websites where the above rules are stated. Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by preciousa2: 5:38pm On Jun 03, 2017
Markab:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/English/study/study-how-documents.asp

@ Markab, and all other good people here, good evening and happy weekend. Please for those that recently applied for sowp via paper route, have you been able to link you application to your online CIC profile?

I've not been able to link my wife's app but have successfully linked my child's application.

When completing the 'Application for work permit made outside Canada' form, there's a section for your name (family name and given names) and another section to capture your maiden name as well as given names. Although the validated form of course picks the family and given names provided as stated on your international passport, could the other maiden name stated in the section provided for it be the reason for one's inability to link the form?

Please assist with some steps that have worked for you

Thanks a lot. We blessed people! .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 5:44pm On Jun 03, 2017
When did your wife submit her application?

preciousa2:

@ Markab, and all other good people here, good evening and happy weekend. Please for those that recently applied for sowp via paper route, have you been able to link you application to your online CIC profile?

I've not been able to link my wife's app but have successfully linked my child's application.

When completing the 'Application for work permit made outside Canada' form, there's a section for your name (family name and given names) and another section to capture your maiden name as well as given names. Although the validated form of course picks the family and given names provided as stated on your international passport, could the other maiden name stated in the section provided for it be the reason for one's inability to link the form?

Please assist with some steps that have worked for you

Thanks a lot. We blessed people! .
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by preciousa2: 6:00pm On Jun 03, 2017
Markab:
When did your wife submit her application?

Hello bro, she submitted on May 26, 2017. Bless!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Amatorishero: 2:15am On Jun 04, 2017
Good morning everyone, I don't know anything about this open work permit in Canada. Pls I ll like to know if I can apply for an open work permit without having a job offer in Canada. Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by justmechika: 11:49am On Jun 05, 2017
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 9:42pm On Jun 05, 2017
Hello, you do not need a job offer to apply for sowp. Your spouse shd be in canada on study permit or work permit.That makes you eligible. Thanks.
Amatorishero:
Good morning everyone, I don't know anything about this open work permit in Canada. Pls I ll like to know if I can apply for an open work permit without having a job offer in Canada. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 9:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
Sent dear
justmechika:

hi @viel1234, pls can u send me a sample too (LOE)? Justme_chika@yahoo.com
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by justmechika: 5:53am On Jun 06, 2017
VEIL1234:
Sent dear
thank you very much
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 10:47am On Jun 06, 2017
For those who wish to link their paper apps online....This is a step by step approach; i ve asked how to do this severally but no one cared to answer...here it is.

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.

Cheers and Good Luck.

Copied!

preciousa2:

Hello bro, she submitted on May 26, 2017. Bless!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by preciousa2: 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
Markab:
For those who wish to link their paper apps online....This is a step by step approach; i ve asked how to do this severally but no one cared to answer...here it is.

(1) Go to this below listed link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
(2) Click on continue to Gckey
(3) If You've already account created, login with your Username and Password otherwise Click on Sign up to go on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
(4) After creating my CIC account, click link application to this account.
(5) Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study Permit and extension.
(6) Then select Family name, given name and date of birth option.
(7) Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form.
(8.) Next in applicant personal info panel fill Passport information only and DO NOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
(9) Enter your course start date given on your offer letter exact same as that.
(10) Enter course end date as on offer letter only month and year is given so enter that only don't select the date.
(11) Enter your DLI no. same as given on the offer letter.
(12) Next search for your application.
(13) Your application will be found and can be linked.
(14) You can get real time updates on your paper application online.

I was getting errors and tried the same with mine and it worked so hopefully it ll work for everyone.

Note : In 24 hours you can try only 5 times to link your application and if you exceed that then you have to wait for 24 hours, so be careful about that.

Cheers and Good Luck.

Copied!

Good evening. Thank you. However, this is for study permit. Does this also apply for sowp? I really don't think so o. Please clarify.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 8:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
Just select work permit instead, you will be guided
preciousa2:

Good evening. Thank you. However, this is for study permit. Does this also apply for sowp? I really don't think so o. Please clarify.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by preciousa2: 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2017
Markab:
Just select work permit instead, you will be guided

Bro, trust me I've done all that. And I know about all the steps and the need to capture details exactly as stated on the form. Please did you link your sowp app recently?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 10:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
VEIL1234:
Sent dear

Please I need the sample LOE too.

Owolabi.j.opeyemi@gmail.com

Thanks alot
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ibroh24: 3:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hello nairalanders!

Does anyone knows about frenage travel in challenge, ibadan?
I wanted to know maybe they are scammer.
They do advertise abt travelling to Canada on radio programme.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 10:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
Sent.
paparazzi1987:

Please I need the sample LOE too.

Owolabi.j.opeyemi@gmail.com

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Payrollnaija: 7:23pm On Jun 08, 2017
Please under what section are all these uploaded online? "proof of relationship" or letter of "explanation"?

VEIL1234:
Sure,

Huby’s Docs

Letter from my huby
Student ID card

My documents are :
Cv..
SOP
Bank statement..
Marriage certificate..
Kids birth certificate..
Letter of explanation
Police certificate
All CIC forms

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Payrollnaija: 8:19pm On Jun 08, 2017
Hello All,

Please if one is applying via paper route will original documents have to be submitted or copies are allowed?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 11:05pm On Jun 08, 2017
i honestly do not know cos I applied via paper
Payrollnaija:
Please under what section are all these uploaded online? "proof of relationship" or letter of "explanation"?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 11:07pm On Jun 08, 2017
Submit original copies of any document addressed to the embassy. You can submit notarized copies of other docs like your credentials.
Payrollnaija:
Hello All,

Please if one is applying via paper route will original documents have to be submitted or copies are allowed?

Thank you.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Payrollnaija: 10:10am On Jun 10, 2017
Thank you.
VEIL1234:
Submit original copies of any document addressed to the embassy. You can submit notarized copies of other docs like your credentials.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by arrJay(f): 7:28am On Jun 11, 2017
Hello everyone, i have been trying to submit my application online but i have been getting an error message. Is anyone experiencing this at the moment?

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ferfer(m): 4:33pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hello all,
It has been dry here lately.
I am thinking of applying for SOWP, although I am expecting ITA by way of EE.
Is paper application still faster that online?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by cascas: 3:14pm On Jun 12, 2017
Good day fellas, i just heard that the processing time via papaer route for canada open work permit is now 45weeks excluding weekends, a friend who went to vfs today gave me the info, since we didnt hear anything since our submission in febuary, she decided to go today and they gave her the heartbreaking info, this is serious o, seems they want to discourage people from doing the open work permit so that people can focus on the PR
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 3:20pm On Jun 12, 2017
ferfer:
Hello all,
It has been dry here lately.
I am thinking of applying for SOWP, although I am expecting ITA by way of EE.
Is paper application still faster that online?
Hello, not trying to discourage you but if you are sure of getting ITA then you shld focus on EE, except you are not sure of getting ITA via Express ENTRY. GOOD LUCK

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.