Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,747 members, 7,809,855 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:02 PM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (799495 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (384) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by paparazzi1987(m): 5:43am On Jul 09, 2017
orisuniye:
Hello everyone!

Please I need your help.

I am a student in Canada. I got married recently. My husband's application for an Open Work Permit was submitted (online) on April 7th. The application was rejected yesterday.

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in
coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the
IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
• I am not satisfied that your spouse can support you until you find employment.

I submitted all necessary documents from my school, his property document and bank statement but the money in my husband's account was not much.

I would like to know how soon we can reapply.
Can my husband show more money in his account as gift from his mum towards the application?
Or should we just get his uncle to show his bank statement and offer to sponsor us?
How can we address all the concerns of the VO in our next application?

Please help us with any information related to this case.

Thanks in advance

Please I would advise you to request for GCMS file on his behalf since you are in Canada.
I also applied for my wife back in January but the application was refused base on financial status.
The refusal reasons you displayed here are too generic, you have to request for Case file to know the actual reason.
I am sharing the snippet of the report for my wife case files.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 6:00am On Jul 09, 2017
My dear sister, so sorry for the delay in your husband trv.
Before a solution can be proffered, can you please itemize all documents submitted including your husband's account balance to help us decipher where the loop hole is. With that, we can be able to advise before gcms note arrives. Thank you

Cc: @all

orisuniye:
Hello everyone!

Please I need your help.

I am a student in Canada. I got married recently. My husband's application for an Open Work Permit was submitted (online) on April 7th. The application was rejected yesterday.

I am not satisfied that you have sufficient funds, including income or assets, to carry out your stated purpose in
coming to Canada or to maintain yourself while in Canada and to effect your departure.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 200(1) of the
• I am not satisfied that your spouse can support you until you find employment.

I submitted all necessary documents from my school, his property document and bank statement but the money in my husband's account was not much.

Can my husband show more money in his account as gift from his mum towards the application?
Or should we just get his uncle to show his bank statement and offer to sponsor us?

Thanks in advance
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by orisuniye: 8:44am On Jul 09, 2017
Thank you so much for your help.
My documents
Study permit valid till 2021
Admission letter showing funding from school
Passport
Mutual funds bank statement around CAD14000
Support letter

His documents
Cic forms
Affidavit showing land as gift from his mother
Affidavit showing he owns on the house on the land
BSc. Certificate
Appointment letter ( he couldn't get a reference letter from work)
Work ID card
Passport (No travel history)
Police clearance
Payslip
Bank statement (total transaction =N1.5M, closing balance N300K

We thought funding is not required for SOWP
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 9:48am On Jul 09, 2017
I am no guru here buy let me chip in somethings based on some past experience and testimonies here.

Applicant keep falling for CIC's trap of saying no proof of funds required for SOWP but they had forgot people denied based on PERSONAL ASSET. Your husband need to show the visa officer clearly that he wouldn't be a burden on you while studying in Canada. He requires a minimum balance of 10,000CAD as living expenses.
The 300k balance could barely take care of his flight ticket.

Also, I have read a gcms note whereby the Vo states that the principal applicant could have presented evidence of 'ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT" which would serve as immediate source of income for the applicant without having to rely so much on the student spouse. Try and build up contact in your location may be you can get one letter from a cleaning agency.

He should also try to get a recent reference letter or letter of introduction from his employer which should not be more that 2 months old. Though not compulsory since he provided his pay stubs but it's not a crime to add.

You should also try to support your husband by presenting your rent receipt/agreement which would stay that your husband can be accommodated at least for three weeks before you guys would move to a bigger/Bachelor's apartment after a while. This would also tackle the issue of your own address[b] if [/b]raised by VO.

Did you submit your letter of enrollment from school that shows you're full time student?

And how much do you have on your funding letter?

My little advice for you though and also my opinion. My senior gurus in the house over to yoh cool

orisuniye:
Thank you so much for your help.
My documents
Study permit valid till 2021
Admission letter showing funding from school
Passport
Mutual funds bank statement around CAD14000
Support letter

His documents
Cic forms
Affidavit showing land as gift from his mother
Affidavit showing he owns on the house on the land
BSc. Certificate
Appointment letter ( he couldn't get a reference letter from work)
Work ID card
Passport (No travel history)
Police clearance
Payslip
Bank statement (total transaction =N1.5M, closing balance N300K

We thought funding is not required for SOWP

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by orisuniye: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2017
Markab:
I am no guru here buy let me chip in somethings based on some past experience and testimonies here.

Applicant keep falling for CIC's trap of saying no proof of funds required for SOWP but they had forgot people denied based on PERSONAL ASSET. Your husband need to show the visa officer clearly that he wouldn't be a burden on you while studying in Canada. He requires a minimum balance of 10,000CAD as living expenses.

Also, I have read a gcms note whereby the Vo states that the principal applicant could have presented evidence of 'ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT" which would serve as immediate source of income for the applicant without having to rely so much on the student spouse. Try and build up contact in your location may be you can get one letter from a cleaning agency.

He should also try to get a recent reference letter or letter of introduction from his employer which should not be more that 2 months old. Though not compulsory since he provided his pay stubs but it's not a crime to add.

You should also try to support your husband by presenting your rent receipt/agreement which would stay that your husband can be accommodated at least for three weeks before you guys would move to a bigger/Bachelor's apartment after a while. This would also tackle the issue of your own address[b] if [/b]raised by VO.

Did you submit your letter of enrollment from school that shows you're full time student?

My little advice for you though and also my opinion. My senior gurus in the house over to yoh cool

I really appreciate your advice.
We submitted an enrollment letter.
The funding letter shows CAD 22000 annually till Sept 2018 further funding will be based on my supervisor.
We will consider your points in the next application.

1. Will showing an arranged employment be okay for SOWP?

We hope to apply in August after getting the GCMS note.

2. Can we source for money and deposit large sum to his account?

3. Our options are to get the money (CAD 10000) as gift from his mom, to show his uncle's bank statement as his sponsor or I could transfer the CAD14000 in my mutual funds to him. Please what is the best option?

4. Do we have to wait 3 months to print a new bank statement showing this ?

Your contributions are really appreciated.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by VEIL1234: 6:03pm On Jul 09, 2017
Well said, we need to keep this thread alive. Some people kept it alive for us all to benefit, lets keep the flag flying pls. It will all end in praise amen.
Markab:
Good day to all members.

Kindly let's keep this house alive by sharing our application status. Or have we all abandoned the house? Well, I believe when new students register in their respective schools for fall term in September, we will see receive new members/prospective sowp applicants. But before then @Ruth222 et all, kindly share your status and let's reinvigorate this thread with good news and testimonies.

I will officially join the list hopefully by September as a trv learner. grin.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 7:51am On Jul 10, 2017
1. You can get an arranged employment, I got that fact from someone's gcms note.
2. Any lump deposit should be explained backed up with evidence. This can come inform of selling off a car/land attaching the sales receipt.
3. I don't think sponsorship is allowed for open work permit. Other gurus can help explain this. As I said in 2 above, any lump should be explained.
4. You don't have to wait for 3 months. Just print the statement once the requirements are met (print for 6months)

I hope this help. Gurus in house can also add more.

Thanks.

orisuniye:

I really appreciate your advice.
We submitted an enrollment letter.
The funding letter shows CAD 22000 annually till Sept 2018 further funding will be based on my supervisor.
We will consider your points in the next application.

1. Will showing an arranged employment be okay for SOWP?

We hope to apply in August after getting the GCMS note.

2. Can we source for money and deposit large sum to his account?

3. Our options are to get the money (CAD 10000) as gift from his mom, to show his uncle's bank statement as his sponsor or I could transfer the CAD14000 in my mutual funds to him. Please what is the best option?

4. Do we have to wait 3 months to print a new bank statement showing this ?

Your contributions are really appreciated.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 4:23pm On Jul 10, 2017
Hello Makarb, can you please shed more light on the ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT thing, i sit possible to look for a job for ones spouse in absential in CANADA?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 5:41pm On Jul 10, 2017
My friend got it for his wife in Manitoba. The owner of the cleaning services happens to be a Nigerian, so that made it easy. I am still looking for similar opportunities in Toronto.

jobmman:
Hello Makarb, can you please shed more light on the ARRANGED EMPLOYMENT thing, i sit possible to look for a job for ones spouse in absential in CANADA?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by orisuniye: 11:49pm On Jul 10, 2017
Markab:
1. You can get an arranged employment, I got that fact from someone's gcms note.
2. Any lump deposit should be explained backed up with evidence. This can come inform of selling off a car/land attaching the sales receipt.
3. I don't think sponsorship is allowed for open work permit. Other gurus can help explain this. As I said in 2 above, any lump should be explained.
4. You don't have to wait for 3 months. Just print the statement once the requirements are met (print for 6months)

I hope this help. Gurus in house can also add more.

Thanks.

Thanks so much for your help!
We really appreciate everyone for the contributions.
We'll make sure to include all the suggestions in the next application.
God bless you!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Holu26: 1:46am On Jul 11, 2017
orisuniye:
Hello everyone!

Please I need your help.

Thanks in advance

Hello

I am also a student here in Alberta and just brought my wife in through sowp. I am more than eager to be of help to you should in case you need more help/clarification. you can pm me if you want us to talk on phone

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 3:23am On Jul 11, 2017
@markab please I want to ask you if you have applied for Sowp? I am aware your wife just got her TRV not quite long ago. Have you started the process?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 4:35am On Jul 11, 2017
Submitting in September by God's grace. Waiting for her enrollment letter
wealth360:
@markab please I want to ask you if you have applied for Sowp? I am aware your wife just got her TRV not quite long ago. Have you started the process?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 5:54am On Jul 11, 2017
Markab:
Submitting in September by God's grace. Waiting for her enrollment letter
baba we go need to relate oooo. I plan my wife will also apply October or November. Please reply my pm
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 7:07am On Jul 11, 2017
No problem baba. I'm at your service. Though I didn't get your pm sir but I will send to you immediately.
wealth360:
baba we go need to relate oooo. I plan my wife will also apply October or November. Please reply my pm
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by jobmman: 8:10am On Jul 11, 2017
I want to ask a question, for SOWP application is Treasury Bill acceptable as proof of funds? Especially if the Treasury Bill will mature during the course of the application?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by preciousa2: 9:36am On Jul 11, 2017
@Markab, Good morning and many thanks for your perspectives.

However, i'd like to politely counter you point with regards to funds requirement . Whilst we all agree that providing a bank statement is extremely important, please note that our reference with regards to the amount the VO would like to see should be based on what is stated on CIC website.

On CIC website, it is stated that a full time international student desirous of having his/her spouse in Canada should show additional minimum funds of $4,000 cad to cover living expenses for 12 months. For any additional child, $3,000 cad is required (Quebec requires slightly more).

So what this then means is that, as an international student, in addition to your $10,000 living expenses for one year, you are required to show additional $4,000 and $3,000 for your accompanying spouse and child (as applicable). Now this is for just ONE YEAR. So the funds you are to show for your accompanying dependents should be in ine with the above and the length of your program.

However, it is always wiser to show more funds.

Again it is important to note here that, when calculating the required funds for accompanying dependents, LICO is not used. LICO is usually applied for those applying through EE.

I would also suggest that people should do well to put up a very logical letter of explanation to back up their applications.

My humble opinion. God bless!

Markab:
I am no guru here buy let me chip in somethings based on some past
experience and testimonies here.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 9:39am On Jul 11, 2017
Omo! This one tight O. Gurus should please come to our aid as dis one tie wrapper shocked

Jibe:
Hello house, I've been following this thread for a while now.
I applied for SOWP and i got a refusal mail from them which is attached. What are my options? All i did was fill the relevant forms and i never stated i was applying to be a leave-in caregiver
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 10:55am On Jul 11, 2017
I totally agree to your explanation sir but on a this very gcms note I came across, LICO was used as a yardstick in calculating the required funds for open work permit.
Although the visa officer stated therein that LICO wasn't a requirement for work permit but could be used as a guide. I don't trust those visa officers because they break their own rules too. Imagine that proof of funds is not listed as a requirement for Open work permit but they have denied quite a number of applicants on that premise.

Just as you said, it's reasonable to show more funds.. More more funds

Let's keep keeping this thread alive

Your Sincerely,

Markab.
preciousa2:
@Markab, Good morning and many thanks for your perspectives.

However, i'd like to politely counter you point with regards to funds requirement . Whilst we all agree that providing a bank statement is extremely important, please note that our reference with regards to the amount the VO would like to see should be based on what is stated on CIC website.

On CIC website, it is stated that a full time international student desirous of having his/her spouse in Canada should show additional minimum funds of $4,000 cad to cover living expenses for 12 months. For any additional child, $3,000 cad is required (Quebec requires slightly more).

So what this then means is that, as an international student, in addition to your $10,000 living expenses for one year, you are required to show additional $4,000 and $3,000 for your accompanying spouse and child (as applicable). Now this is for just ONE YEAR. So the funds you are to show for your accompanying dependents should be in ine with the above and the length of your program.

However, it is always wiser to show more funds.

Again it is important to note here that, when calculating the required funds for accompanying dependents, LICO is not used. LICO is usually applied for those applying through EE.

I would also suggest that people should do well to put up a very logical letter of explanation to back up their applications.

My humble opinion. God bless!

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 11:22am On Jul 11, 2017
Markab:
No problem baba. I'm at your service. Though I didn't get your pm sir but I will send to you immediately.
I have replied oooo markab. yahoo is bouncing back my email to you each time i send. please contact me here. akinwealth360@gmail.com
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Markab: 11:33am On Jul 11, 2017
Replied sir
wealth360:
I have replied oooo markab. yahoo is bouncing back my email to you each time i send. please contact me here. akinwealth360@gmail.com
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by orisuniye: 11:47am On Jul 11, 2017
Holu26:

Hello

I am also a student here in Alberta and just brought my wife in through sowp. I am more than eager to be of help to you should in case you need more help/clarification. you can pm me if you want us to talk on phone

Ok. Thanks

i will send an email

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by orisuniye: 11:50am On Jul 11, 2017
Jibe:
Hello house, I've been following this thread for a while now.
I applied for SOWP and i got a refusal mail from them which is attached. What are my options? All i did was fill the relevant forms and i never stated i was applying to be a leave-in caregiver

Hello!

I have just noticed the same thing on my husband's refusal letter. the letter was issued on July 7th from Ghana.

i am sure we applied for SOWP!

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jibe: 11:51am On Jul 11, 2017
orisuniye:

Hello!

I have just noticed the same thing on my husband's refusal letter. the letter was issued on July 7th from Ghana.

i am sure we applied for SOWP!
Yes
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jibe20: 1:21pm On Jul 11, 2017
My post was hidden by spambot earlier. This is the content of the refusal letter i got from CIC regarding my SOWP.

Thank you for your interest in working in Canada as a live-in caregiver. After careful review of your work permit application
and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration
and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your
application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• - length of stay
- the fact that your daughter will be missing one to two months of school.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation
meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
Sincerely,
High Commission of Canada
Visa Section
P.O. Box 1639
Accra
Ghana
Application Enquiry
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by orisuniye: 1:30pm On Jul 11, 2017
So what can we do now? The same thing was written on my husband's letter.
How is caregiver related to SOWP?
I have requested for the GCMS.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jibe20: 2:43pm On Jul 11, 2017
orisuniye:
So what can we do now? The same thing was written on my husband's letter.
How is caregiver related to SOWP?
I have requested for the GCMS.

I don't know though my husband filed a complaint using IRCC web form.

And I'm waiting on the elders in the house
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jibe20: 7:39pm On Jul 11, 2017
Oga BE811APP please i need your input on this.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by dalok1: 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2017
Is there anybody that experienced this before, my wife received update today that her ( ATTENTION NEEDED URGENTLY TODAY), or are they collecting passport before one go for medicate now. Pls house i need response . Thanks.

ATTENTION NEEDED URGENTLY TODAY

Dear Applicant,

Kindly be informed that your attention is required at the earliest,
Please come with your collection slip to the below address between 8am-3pm, Mon - Fri (excluding declared holidays).

You may contact the Visa Application Centre (VAC) for further instructions/clarifications.

Best regards,

----------
Team Feedback
Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by wealth360: 9:20pm On Jul 11, 2017
dalok1:
Is there anybody that experienced this before, my wife received update today that her ( ATTENTION NEEDED URGENTLY TODAY), or are they collecting passport before one go for medicate now. Pls house i need response . Thanks.

ATTENTION NEEDED URGENTLY TODAY

Dear Applicant,

Kindly be informed that your attention is required at the earliest,
Please come with your collection slip to the below address between 8am-3pm, Mon - Fri (excluding declared holidays).

You may contact the Visa Application Centre (VAC) for further instructions/clarifications.

Best regards,

----------
Team Feedback
Canada Visa Application Centre, Lagos

this is the first time am seeing these ooooo. Please respond sharply . its well
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by adedoyen: 12:22pm On Jul 12, 2017
Hello everyone. I got a refusal mail yesterday. I applied on 21st February. Below is the screen shot of the corresponding mail. I intent to reapply but I wantto apply for gcms note first. Biko how do I tackle this?

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) ... (384) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.