Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,245 members, 7,822,269 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (378) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (805951 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 4:48pm On Mar 17
He said it’s a PR visa. They probably do not stamp that here in Nigeria.
Cjnick:
Did you submit your passport at the vfs office? Abuja or Lagos?
Visa stamps doesn’t take such time anymore.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 6:40pm On Mar 17
Ogbigog:
He said it’s a PR visa. They probably do not stamp that here in Nigeria.

You’re correct.
Normal submission is within a week.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 8:42pm On Mar 17
Yes. I know your mind is at rest now 😂 and ready for the journey ahead
Cjnick:

You’re correct.
Normal submission is within a week.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by houstin2020: 8:49pm On Mar 17
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by houstin2020: 8:50pm On Mar 17
I know stamping is not in Nigeria, it's either stamped in Accra or Nairobi but it's taking forever.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 10:44pm On Mar 17
Ogbigog:
Yes. I know your mind is at rest now 😂 and ready for the journey ahead

Hahah
Yes oo
I just submitted my passport on Thursday. I’m trying to book ticket that will fly in 3 weeks time. So I’m been careful so the money won’t waste. How you see am?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 11:21pm On Mar 17
E no bad at all. Just book one way e Dey cheaper.
Cjnick:

Hahah
Yes oo
I just submitted my passport on Thursday. I’m trying to book ticket that will fly in 3 weeks time. So I’m been careful so the money won’t waste. How you see am?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 7:13am On Mar 18
3 weeks? Where una dey see this money? Choi, chief, i hail o grin
Cjnick:

Hahah
Yes oo
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 1:59pm On Mar 18
Ogbigog:
E no bad at all. Just book one way e Dey cheaper.

Correct, thanks 🙏
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 2:01pm On Mar 18
ICONEB:
3 weeks? Where una dey see this money? Choi, chief, i hail o grin

Take money from your POF nah.
Abi you No submit POF? 😊
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 2:27pm On Mar 18
Cjnick:

Hahah
Yes oo

I submitted on Thursday as well via DHL to Lagos. Abeg which of the airline is cheaper and less stressful. I was thinking flying Delta but it’s just too expensive. Help me abeg.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 2:57pm On Mar 18
evansky:

I submitted on Thursday as well via DHL to Lagos. Abeg which of the airline is cheaper and less stressful. I was thinking flying Delta but it’s just too expensive. Help me abeg.

Baba
No cheap Airline o
It’s to choose far date, it will less the amount.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 3:20pm On Mar 18
That one sef no cheap like that. And the earlier you go the faster you settle down.
Cjnick:

Baba
No cheap Airline o
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 3:51pm On Mar 18
Ogbigog:
That one sef no cheap like that. And the earlier you go the faster you settle down.

When is the best time do you think I can go. My wife is still in Nigeria. I rushed the application after the January 22 announcement. Her program will start September.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 3:53pm On Mar 18
Cjnick:

Baba
No cheap Airline o

At all, they are expensive.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Yomzy08: 10:33pm On Mar 18
Anndav:

Yes...i sent all the requested documents to the immigration consultant mone was a consultant not a lawyer.
I've sent mail now
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 10:36pm On Mar 18
grin grin
Cjnick:

Take money from your POF nah.
Abi you No submit POF? 😊

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mydesk: 3:18am On Mar 19
Hello House please I just got an email from IRCC concerning my application, can you advice me on what to do next. Pls note that the POF we submitted is my husband’s account. And how long does it take them to get an uploaded document ( we are applying for SOWP and VV for I and my daughter that is 3yrs)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 5:16am On Mar 19
mydesk:
Hello House please I just got an email from IRCC concerning my application, can you advice me on what to do next. Pls note that the POF we submitted is my husband’s account. And how long does it take them to get an uploaded document ( we are applying for SOWP and VV for I and my daughter that is 3yrs)

Do an MBS to them and upload the ticket ID, send via your GCkey portal and send it via email as well, They are almost through with your application, typically you have to wait till the end of the deadline for the VO to review the application again.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mydesk: 8:26am On Mar 19
Please what is an "MBS" I'm guessing it's my monthly bank statement? I already sent them my husband’s statement of account because he's the one sponsoring us so I got confused. I'm I to sent another updated bank statement of the same account we used? Pls its urgent as the deadline given to us is 25th. Also can I upload the document on the 24th as my husband is in Canada and he has sent the bank and email but yet to receive the statement.
Pls gurus in the house help me

Bobomaigida:

Do an MBS to them and upload the ticket ID, send via your GCkey portal and send it via email as well, They are almost through with your application, typically you have to wait till the end of the deadline for the VO to review the application again.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Anndav(f): 8:33am On Mar 19
mydesk:
Please what is an "MBS" I'm guessing it's my monthly bank statement? I already sent them my husband’s statement of account because he's the one sponsoring us so I got confused. I'm I to sent another updated bank statement of the same account we used? Pls its urgent as the deadline given to us is 25th. Also can I upload the document on the 24th as my husband is in Canada and he has sent the bank and email but yet to receive the statement.

Do you have a job and is it been paid into an account......even if its your husband that is sponsoring i guess they also want urs..

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 12:28pm On Mar 19
mydesk:

MBS is MY BANK STATEMENT, it is an innovative way that banks send statements directly to third parties on behalf of customers. Your spouse needs to make the request for it and he will be given a one page document that will contain Ticket ID and PIN, which he will send to IRCC. That one page they will give you is what you will upload on the GCkey Portal.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 3:38pm On Mar 19
I will advise you to be know what you’re doing though. MBS is good and will make your application faster as it’s a form of your statement going from the bank to IRCC directly. But you know your husband can’t submit a POF balance of let say 50m and your 6 months MBS is under 5m.
mydesk:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Betterlife2018: 3:52pm On Mar 19
Seems the new rule is out regarding Sowp effective March 19,2024.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 4:14pm On Mar 19
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LholarB(f): 4:20pm On Mar 19
Please hope this wldnt affect some of us that submitted already . My spouse medicals was updated to pass today and Eligibility has been completed since on the tracker

Please what can we do at this point , are we safe ?

Ogbigog:
You are right. https://www.cicnews.com/2024/03/breaking-ircc-updates-eligibility-requirements-for-spousal-open-work-permits-0343542.html/amp
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 4:42pm On Mar 19
LholarB:
Please hope this wldnt affect some of us that submitted already . My spouse medicals was updated to pass today and Eligibility has been completed since on the tracker

Please what can we do at this point , are we safe ?

After my eligibility was completed, I got my PPR the nxt day.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 5:03pm On Mar 19
This is breaking news

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by mydesk: 5:07pm On Mar 19
The issue with MBS is that the phone he travelled with that has his app on it is bad so we usually request the statement via email to the bank.
Is there a way the bank can email the statement directly to the embassy pls take note that my husband is already in Canada or should we upload the one the bank emailed to my husband?
Please I need urgent reply as the deadline for this is 25th march. Will it be too late if I upload the statement 23/24th march?

Bobomaigida:

MBS is MY BANK STATEMENT, it is an innovative way that banks send statements directly to third parties on behalf of customers. Your spouse needs to make the request for it and he will be given a one page document that will contain Ticket ID and PIN, which he will send to IRCC. That one page they will give you is what you will upload on the GCkey Portal.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by LholarB(f): 5:47pm On Mar 19
Ok , will wait it out till end of today before I do them an email plz

The news is making me feel so uneasy and confused

evansky:

After my eligibility was completed, I got my PPR the nxt day.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by nnemak(m): 6:12pm On Mar 19
You shouldnt be, i believe as soon as you send the requested updated POF, you will get PPR within a very short time
LholarB:
Ok , will wait it out till end of today before I do them an email plz

The news is making me feel so uneasy and confused

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 7:55pm On Mar 19
mydesk:
The issue with MBS is that the phone he travelled with that has his app on it is bad so we usually request the statement via email to the bank.
Is there a way the bank can email the statement directly to the embassy pls take note that my husband is already in Canada or should we upload the one the bank emailed to my husband?
Please I need urgent reply as the deadline for this is 25th march. Will it be too late if I upload the statement 23/24th march?

Let him do a request letter to the bank duly signed, requesting the bank to do the MBS for the period he wants, you can deliver the letter to the bank after he sends it to you. The ticket ID and PIN will be sent to his email. Please which bank does he use?

(1) (2) (3) ... (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.