Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,212 members, 7,822,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:55 AM

Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline - Travel (380) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline (805894 Views)

SOWP Applications Via International Students Route Lets Connect Here Please... / Post Your UK Visa Timeline Here! / Joining Me In Canada; Spouse And Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (386) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Bobomaigida: 3:52pm On Mar 22
Ogbigog:
I think this should be straightforward.

Even though you’re eligible for PGWP so far you’re a Post Graduate or Undergraduate student your spouse doesn’t qualify for SOWP, except you get a sponsorship job which requires LMIA.

PGWP is a work permit for students that’s why I said it’s tied to study permit.

#This is according to my knowledge and I stand to be corrected#

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ICONEB: 5:42pm On Mar 22
Congratulations 🎉
LholarB:
It’s SOWP for my spouse, SP and VV for my kids !!

I was so scared after the announcement that I had to quickly do an email to RROC on March 19th ,cos my kids medicals were passed March 9th and spouse medicals passed March 19th

Application submitted Feb 18
Biometrics Feb 19 (updated Feb 22)
Medical request for spouse March 8 (passed March 19th)
Upfront Medicals passed for kids March 9th
BVL March 21
PPR March 21

Thank you all to everyone that answered my questions and informations shared on this platform

I pray God in his infinite mercy come through for everyone in this journey !

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 6:39pm On Mar 22
Lol this is not true. Why is there a time stamp on the PGWP then? PGWP is for you to work in your field of study so you can gain real life experience about what you studied.
Bobomaigida:

When you graduate, you are no longer a student. If you are granted a PGWP, it means you are now working. The policy did not state that PGWP holders can not bring in family, it said student studying etc.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AdoChel(f): 7:09pm On Mar 22
Anyone know? Thank you

AdoChel:
Hi guys, how can I sign the IRCC forms? Adobe reader is not allowing me sign without subscribing to premium, especially the authority to release personal information form.
If the applicant's spouse in Canada is the one with the principal funds i.e. the sponsor, can the applicant still include an account statement even if the account has been active for less than 6 months?
I'd appreciate a response from anyone 🙏
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 3:48am On Mar 23
Hello brother, I would like to talk to you, please.

Betterlife2018:
With the recent refusal of SOWP due to proof of fund. I will like to give few hints.

1. Let the student in Canada submit bank statement. This is easy because the person inside canada can easily pull funds together. The only document to show here is a letter from the Canadian bank showing available balance at the date of printing. So utilize this well to make up for the funds required. You don't need to show transaction history for Canada bank statement.

2. If the student is working - please add payslips and employment letter. No matter how small it will help.

3. Ensure you submit all tuition receipts.

4. For non canadain account where history is required please remember to explain every bit of deposit and sources of fund.

5. You can use gift deed to support funds coming in as lump sum.

6. Provide detail explanation on how you make money if your are a business owner

7. Add pictures, contract document, invoices, social media pages and links, reference letter from clients.

8. Ensure you add bank reference letters stating you are sole signatory

9. Ensure you provide a table of Content to make the VO work easy

May the Lord help everyone Amen
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AdoChel(f): 6:07am On Mar 23
Hi, please how did you sign the forms electronically? Adobe is telling me to subscribe to premium to use the signature function.
evansky:

After my eligibility was completed, I got my PPR the nxt day.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 7:12am On Mar 23
AdoChel:
Hi, please how did you sign the forms electronically? Adobe is telling me to subscribe to premium to use the signature function.

You can’t sign. Just leave the signature part blank.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by margaretirungu2: 9:12am On Mar 23

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Elfortunato: 3:14pm On Mar 23
Brethren, IRCC Abuja have become a thorn in my flesh. I have finally discovered that my SOWP application is lying with them for processing.

My spouse and kids are already in canada studying, since 2023.

I applied for SOWP on November 25, 2023

I have a valid travel visa, and have visited Canada once.

But as I speak, SOWP eligibility is still pending. They have not even touched my application, but I see folks that applied in 2024 already getting PPR.

I have sent emails and several webforms, I keep getting their generalised responses from IRCC kenya. Abuja office have not even bothered to respond to my emails, and they don't seem to have a specific webform page, unlike Lagos and Nairobi. I have run out of ideas on what to do. This is so so unfair. Please gurus in the house what else is left for me to do that I have not tried? I done pray tire. Please help me!
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AdoChel(f): 3:23pm On Mar 23
Did you complete the authority to release personal information form?

evansky:

You can’t sign. Just leave the signature part blank.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Godsn007: 6:11pm On Mar 23
Thank you! However this site doesn’t work for me since Thursday

[quote author=margaretirungu2 post=129064745][/quote]
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Jenonye(f): 7:12pm On Mar 23
Elfortunato:
Brethren, IRCC Abuja have become a thorn in my flesh. I have finally discovered that my SOWP application is lying with them for processing.

But as I speak, SOWP eligibility is still pending. They have not even touched my application, but I see folks that applied in 2024 already getting PPR.

I have sent emails and several webforms, I keep getting their generalised responses from IRCC kenya. Abuja office have not even bothered to respond to my emails, and they don't seem to have a specific webform page, unlike Lagos and Nairobi. I have run out of ideas on what to do. This is so so unfair. Please gurus in the house what else is left for me to do that I have not tried? I done pray tire. Please help me!

With your visitors visa you should have done flagpoling when you entered Canada. Write them an emotional email and send to them through webform

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 8:54pm On Mar 23
For the authority to rlease personal infor, you must hand sign, otherwise, they won't process that document. It must be hand signed with a blue pen. You cannot sign on the PC. Print form and sign, then scan in color.

AdoChel:
Anyone know? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 8:57pm On Mar 23
Might be RROC handling your app. Most app are handled primarily by RROC in Canada. Raise a webform but that your app is handled in Canada. It will go to the Canada office. Order your GCMS notes to know what is happening.

Elfortunato:

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 10:08pm On Mar 23
Just want to put this year for those applying for sowp after March 19, 2024.

To answer the eligibility questions before starting, the key answers you must fill in are now as shown on the IRCC website.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AdoChel(f): 1:42am On Mar 24
Thank you so much for your response. I suspected the same

AgEcon:
For the authority to rlease personal infor, you must hand sign, otherwise, they won't process that document. It must be hand signed with a blue pen. You cannot sign on the PC. Print form and sign, then scan in color.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mikkky2804: 6:56am On Mar 24
Hi. Please I got a PPR letter on Friday. I have booked tomorrow to submit my passport in person at VFS Lagos tomorrow (March 25, 2024). If I submit the passport tomorrow, what happens next and please when am I likely to be able to travel. I would love to book a flight ahead but wouldn't want a situation where the passport is not returned yet and the flight date has come. What's the most reasonable date to book flights if I submit tomorrow at VFS Lagos. Please mine is a closed WP not SOWP, sorry I'm posting here, closed WP forum is not active. Please anyone that can help with this question 🙏
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 11:28am On Mar 24
Passport is being processed within a week lately. I got mine within a week and it’s just last week here. You can do your maths with my little help.

Mikkky2804:
Hi. Please I got a PPR letter on Friday. I have booked tomorrow to submit my passport in person at VFS Lagos tomorrow (March 25, 2024). If I submit the passport tomorrow, what happens next and please when am I likely to be able to travel. I would love to book a flight ahead but wouldn't want a situation where the passport is not returned yet and the flight date has come. What's the most reasonable date to book flights if I submit tomorrow at VFS Lagos. Please mine is a closed WP not SOWP, sorry I'm posting here, closed WP forum is not active. Please anyone that can help with this question 🙏

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Emybanks77: 11:29am On Mar 24
Please is anyone going to Halifax Nova Scotia soon, I need to send my wife her driver's license and BP drugs.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbasdaughter(f): 11:45am On Mar 24
Good morning everyone....
Please I'm currently in Canada on sowp with my son who is on visit visa....does he need to change his visa status before being enrolled in school here? He's currently 4 years old and will be 5 in 2 weeks.....we already have an appointment with the education board in this area
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Mikkky2804: 1:03pm On Mar 24
Oh, that is great news! Thank you so much. Did you submit physically at VFS Lagos?

evansky:
Passport is being processed within a week lately. I got mine within a week and it’s just last week here. You can do your maths with my little help.

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Ogbigog: 10:20pm On Mar 24
The education board will tell you everything you need to know and do. And don’t hesitate to ask them questions too.
Abbasdaughter:
Good morning everyone....
Please I'm currently in Canada on sowp with my son who is on visit visa....does he need to change his visa status before being enrolled in school here? He's currently 4 years old and will be 5 in 2 weeks.....we already have an appointment with the education board in this area
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Cjnick: 12:33am On Mar 25
Emybanks77:
Please is anyone going to Halifax Nova Scotia soon, I need to send my wife her driver's license and BP drugs.

Im going to Nova Scotia soon.
I can only help with driver’s license.

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Abbasdaughter(f): 2:52am On Mar 25
Ogbigog:
The education board will tell you everything you need to know and do. And don’t hesitate to ask them questions too.

Thank you
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Godsn007: 6:33am On Mar 25
Good morning Gurus! Please I need advice on the best flights to travel to Calgary from Nigeria. Which countries do not require transit visas?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by evansky(m): 10:13am On Mar 25
Mikkky2804:
Oh, that is great news! Thank you so much. Did you submit physically at VFS Lagos?

Via DHL
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Airpod: 11:26am On Mar 25
Hello wonderful people,

I was not able to submit my SOWP application I was working on before the ban on March 19th. How do I change my submission to VV. I have gathered and put all document pertaining to SOWP.

Is there any important detail for VV that I need to put into consideration? I am sure I will need to discard the work permit form and fill the Temporary resident form (VV). Please what else do i need to know?

Can I continue with the old profile?
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by ianian: 2:35pm On Mar 25
Start a new application

Airpod:
Hello wonderful people,

I was not able to submit my SOWP application I was working on before the ban on March 19th. How do I change my submission to VV. I have gathered and put all document pertaining to SOWP.

Is there any important detail for VV that I need to put into consideration? I am sure I will need to discard the work permit form and fill the Temporary resident form (VV). Please what else do i need to know?

1 Like

Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Betterlife2018: 6:25pm On Mar 25
AgEcon:
Hello brother, I would like to talk to you, please.

Hello. I responded.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Betterlife2018: 6:26pm On Mar 25
Airpod:
Hello wonderful people,

Change the answers to your questions on the profile and then you will be able to still use same profile
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by AgEcon: 6:36pm On Mar 25
I sent you an email already. Thank you

Betterlife2018:

Hello. I responded.
Re: Canada Spouse Open Work Permit (sowp)timeline by Batakukuooa: 9:11pm On Mar 25
LholarB:
It’s SOWP for my spouse, SP and VV for my kids !!

I was so scared after the announcement that I had to quickly do an email to RROC on March 19th ,cos my kids medicals were passed March 9th and spouse medicals passed March 19th

Application submitted Feb 18
Biometrics Feb 19 (updated Feb 22)
Medical request for spouse March 8 (passed March 19th)
Upfront Medicals passed for kids March 9th
BVL March 21
PPR March 21

Thank you all to everyone that answered my questions and informations shared on this platform

I pray God in his infinite mercy come through for everyone in this journey !

please @LholarB how were you able to send an email to RROC

(1) (2) (3) ... (377) (378) (379) (380) (381) (382) (383) ... (386) (Reply)

DIY Guide To Australian Permanent Resident Visa - Part 2 / Nigerian Students In The Uk How Do You Survive? / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.