Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other (43323 Views)

FG Slashes Civil Servants' Salaries Weeks Before Christmas Pix / Pls Advise: Architecture Or Civil Engineering / Pls How Much Are Graduates Paid At NSCDC ( Civil Defense) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by Kassidy4luv(m): 10:45am On May 27, 2015
sentaljohn:

yea! you are right..there are hundreds of video tutorials on youtube..
@kassidy4luv, if you wantu download any video on youtube, just type ss in front of the link in the address bar. for example, wen you'v seen the video you want, click on the video to get you to the video page...just proceed to the address bar where the website is and add ss to the front of www. e.g www.youtube.com/em/nfj!fkdkjd becomes www.ssyoutube.com/em/nfj!fkdkjd... I hope dat helps

Tanx i will try it, really need to perfect my CAD skills
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by eriax12: 4:16pm On May 27, 2015
decuba:

Quick Service Series..is a UK product for structural design analysis and detail..very lovely far better than orion but its expensive ..as of prokon I don't understand how to use it for structural design of Rc it kinda like look complex Frm d beginning and tutorials on it are hard to find..

I know of the Civil soft quick series, I feel it's the best for structural designs, but it's too expensive, do u have a Crack for it or you bought it too... Pls reply
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 5:51pm On May 27, 2015
Kassidy4luv:

Tanx i will try it, really need to perfect my CAD skills
glad I was able to help
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 7:09pm On May 27, 2015
eriax12:

I know of the Civil soft quick series, I feel it's the best for structural designs, but it's too expensive, do u have a Crack for it or you bought it too... Pls reply

pls, how much is it for the licensed software..any idea?
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by EngrBouss(m): 10:45am On May 31, 2015
You can contact me at 07087210933 or WhatsApp me @08093852664. Cheers

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 11:34pm On Jun 10, 2015
EngrBouss:
You can contact me at 07087210933 or WhatsApp me @08093852664. Cheers
firstly, this thread was created not for profit making purpose. so, we looking forward to you contributing your own quota by helping to solve some software problems.
secondly, before jumping into any conclusion, are those softwares licensed or the cracked versions?
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by EngrBouss(m): 6:28am On Jun 11, 2015
sentaljohn:

firstly, this thread was created not for profit making purpose. so, we looking forward to you contributing your own quota by helping to solve some software problems.
secondly, before jumping into any conclusion, are those softwares licensed or the cracked versions?

All cracked
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by luthorcorp: 11:02pm On Jun 11, 2015
mods why d hech is dis not yet on fp....speaking of which,if you need help on any engineering softwares n bottlenecks,see my signature below

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 10:01pm On Jul 17, 2015
EngrBouss:

All cracked
Too bad..
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 10:26pm On Jul 17, 2015
luthorcorp:
mods why d hech is dis not yet on fp....speaking of which,if you need help on any engineering softwares n bottlenecks,see my signature below

bro, it seems you are an architect. Saw the drawing in ur signature, and can't but appreciate d drawing..
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by luthorcorp: 8:41am On Jul 18, 2015
sentaljohn:

bro, it seems you are an architect. Saw the drawing in ur signature, and can't but appreciate d drawing..
I'm not just an architect but a graduate of civil engineering from a reputable university and my plan drawing ideology,I got while on my 6months IT in a consulting fiem ,so drawings are the least of my capabilities in short I hardly do drawings dese days as I come to realize its an underemployment for me.....structural designs,details and calculations involving bulk reinforcements,supervisions of engineering projects,both culverts and great retaining walls,to name but a few.......so feel free to reach me anytime you have a little obstacle on the above mentioned, cheers
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 6:00pm On Jul 18, 2015
luthorcorp:
I'm not just an architect but a graduate of civil engineering from a reputable university and my plan drawing ideology,I got while on my 6months IT in a consulting fiem ,so drawings are the least of my capabilities in short I hardly do drawings dese days as I come to realize its an underemployment for me.....structural designs,details and calculations involving bulk reinforcements,supervisions of engineering projects,both culverts and great retaining walls,to name but a few.......so feel free to reach me anytime you have a little obstacle on the above mentioned, cheers

nice.. gud to know . so, ya a structure inclined civil engineer?. can you pls list the softwares you are proficient in using for others to see incase of any prob?
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by luthorcorp: 6:26pm On Jul 18, 2015
sentaljohn:

nice.. gud to know . so, ya a structure inclined civil engineer?. can you pls list the softwares you are proficient in using for others to see incase of any prob?
I'm much more conversed with AutoCAD,revit,archicad,orion....I even got these on my android tablet,I ain't taking any chances though.... if any one have any bottlenecks in any of these feel free to reach me via my cell....
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by deexcellency: 5:07pm On Aug 24, 2015
I so appreciate this thread and I wish those of you that are more knowledgeable on any design software should keep it up to educate us . thanks. Please am having problem installing my orion. I can't crack it. Please what is the easy way to that ?
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 4:36pm On Aug 27, 2015
luthorcorp:
I'm much more conversed with AutoCAD,revit,archicad,orion....I even got these on my android tablet,I ain't taking any chances though.... if any one have any bottlenecks in any of these feel free to reach me via my cell....

I think am ok with your listed softwares and many more...what am after now is BIM (Building information modelling). datz the future.......there are lotta packages like Autodesk BIM, Tekla BIM and so on..

can you work with AutoCAD civil 3D?
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 4:43pm On Aug 27, 2015
deexcellency:
I so appreciate this thread and I wish those of you that are more knowledgeable on any design software should keep it up to educate us . thanks. Please am having problem installing my orion. I can't crack it. Please what is the easy way to that ?

Any software you have problems with, let us know how we fit help.....

Even tho am not always comfortable about talking about cracked softwares in online forums because of the risks associated with it.....but,
I always tell people who keep saying they can't crack a particular software to read the text file attached to the software itself and follow the instruction....there's always a manual/instruction that should be followed....try it and u'd be glad u did.. which version of orion are u using

hope diz help
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by luthorcorp: 9:27pm On Aug 27, 2015
sentaljohn:

I think am ok with your listed softwares and many more...what am after now is BIM (Building information modelling). datz the future.......there are lotta packages like Autodesk BIM, Tekla BIM and so on..

can you work with AutoCAD civil 3D?
well it all depends in what you are after and the field you are involved in,like I said I'm a civil Engr and designing and modelling are more of an architects field,I just got use to them just in case a situation warrants it,I really won't waste much time doing another man's job....
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 6:19pm On Aug 28, 2015
luthorcorp:
well it all depends in what you are after and the field you are involved in,like I said I'm a civil Engr and designing and modelling are more of an architects field,I just got use to them just in case a situation warrants it,I really won't waste much time doing another man's job....

I think you got me wrong...
As a civil engr, the software to use depends on the field one is.. I strongly agree with you

when I mentioned Autodesk BIM, I mean the integration of Autodesk softwares for civil engr(those into structures) like linking works from Revit Structures to Robot and to AutoCAD structural detailing.... I always run away from Architecture softwares like Revit Architecture coz it's boring to me and it's like a waste of time since its nt for me..

Am developing interest in more complex structures like bridges and roads(with ditches n co)..thus the need for a very good infrastructure design software like civil 3D....

so far, Autodesk Infrasture design suit seems like the answer to me....from Revit to Robot to Structural detailing to civil 3D to Infraworks and co..

Am trying to be a seasoned civil engineer..
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by Tbozun: 3:46pm On Jan 27, 2016
Does anyone know the cost of Cad Rc Software?
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 10:53am On Feb 05, 2016
Tbozun:
Does anyone know the cost of Cad Rc Software?
don't think have heard of dat... CAD Rc software? pls tell me about it
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 11:10am On Feb 05, 2016
luthorcorp

am currently using an architectural software to model a building.. am having problems with d rendering(interior and exteriors).. pls, recommend a good software for me asides 3D max..
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by Ibrahimndg57(m): 6:14pm On Feb 06, 2016
sentaljohn:
luthorcorp

am currently using an architectural software to model a building.. am having problems with d rendering(interior and exteriors).. pls, recommend a good software for me asides 3D max..
u can try lumion
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by joelreg(m): 12:25pm On Feb 07, 2016
Am surveyor
Love civil 3D cos one stop shop for most of my CAD problem.
Wish Autodesk will invest more on survey functionality of the program.
Any issue with the program (usage) will assist as much I can.
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 9:57pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ibrahimndg57:
u can try lumion
thanks
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2016
Ibrahimndg57:
u can try lumion
thanks
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 12:07am On Feb 08, 2016
joelreg:
Am surveyor
Love civil 3D cos one stop shop for most of my CAD problem.
Wish Autodesk will invest more on survey functionality of the program.
Any issue with the program (usage) will assist as much I can.

thank you. I have a question relating to the surveying part of civil 3D. Before starting anytin on the software, one needs to import the survey data usually arranged in notepad or excel..
is there any other means to get the survey data apart from from the surveyor gives out??

A friend told me about using Hecgeoras and also GIS to generate the DEM (digital elevation model)..am yet to give it a try tho..

thanks.....
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by KoboUP(m): 1:24am On Feb 08, 2016
Great post very informative.... www.Standontech.com we talk about how you can use technology to boost your business and attract mass income, online and offline.
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by joelreg(m): 9:14am On Feb 09, 2016
sentaljohn:

thank you. I have a question relating to the surveying part of civil 3D. Before starting anytin on the software, one needs to import the survey data usually arranged in notepad or excel..
is there any other means to get the survey data apart from from the surveyor gives out??

A friend told me about using Hecgeoras and also GIS to generate the DEM (digital elevation model)..am yet to give it a try tho..

thanks.....

please be clear with your questions, hope i get you very well.
the software can do DTM(digital terrain model) u dont need any other software to do that, but there is plugin app u can use if u dont want.

[size=16pt]is there any other means to get the survey data apart from from the surveyor gives out?? [/size]

be clear with ur question
are you importing or exporting into Civil 3D?
what kind of survey data are trying to import in and out of the software?
actually one can import range of survey data from surveyor's conventional instrument which has to be adjusted before using or non conventional instrument,GIS,IMAGE data, point cloud from 3D scanning TS.
what do you want to do and kind of survey data you want import or export so i can give u precise answer?
thank you
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by sentaljohn(m): 8:32am On Feb 18, 2016
joelreg:

please be clear with your questions, hope i get you very well.
the software can do DTM(digital terrain model) u dont need any other software to do that, but there is plugin app u can use if u dont want.

[size=16pt]is there any other means to get the survey data apart from from the surveyor gives out?? [/size]

be clear with ur question
are you importing or exporting into Civil 3D?
what kind of survey data are trying to import in and out of the software?
actually one can import range of survey data from surveyor's conventional instrument which has to be adjusted before using or non conventional instrument,GIS,IMAGE data, point cloud from 3D scanning TS.
what do you want to do and kind of survey data you want import or export so i can give u precise answer?
thank you

am not really familiar with the surveyor's tools as a civil engr... when I said survey data, I meant the data to be imported to the civil 3D...
am familiar with surveyors go to the site, do their things and come back with some set of data arranged in notepad which only make meaning when imported into civil 3D (PENZD).
A friend told me that one can sit at home and get the survey data by surfing the net. he made mention of using Hecgeoras and Gis (using them together)..

the survey data am talking about here is of the typical Civil 3D which involves point, elevation,Northing, easting and Description.. just to get the terrain or slope of the area.

and again, you said the software can do DTM.. can u pls, elaborate on this
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by lionlee216(m): 11:21am On Feb 19, 2016
pls which Autodesk inventor can I install on my windows 10? the ones installed are not working. pls help!
Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by emmabuka: 8:32pm On Mar 02, 2016
Pls I hv a warehouse design to do, am making use of orion for d design, d span z is very much dat I can't make use of wood trusses on it. Am going for steel roof trusses but I don't know hw to get d dead load of d steel trusses so dat I can design d roof beams.
d columns will b concrete reinforced.

1 Like

Re: Civil Engineering Softwares (cads).... Let's Help Each Other by joelreg(m): 7:45pm On Mar 04, 2016
sentaljohn:

am not really familiar with the surveyor's tools as a civil engr... when I said survey data, I meant the data to be imported to the civil 3D...
am familiar with surveyors go to the site, do their things and come back with some set of data arranged in notepad which only make meaning when imported into civil 3D (PENZD).
A friend told me that one can sit at home and get the survey data by surfing the net. he made mention of using Hecgeoras and Gis (using them together)..

the survey data am talking about here is of the typical Civil 3D which involves point, elevation,Northing, easting and Description.. just to get the terrain or slope of the area.

and again, you said the software can do DTM.. can u pls, elaborate on this

I knew of Google Earth or Google map but the integrity/accuracy of these data is what no one can vouch for. Is better your ur instrument conventional ones or GPS to get ur data.

DTM(surface and corridor) covers DTM, it depends on what your want to do u will get it there.
What u intend to achieve with DTM?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ghanaian Professional Women Mourners Paid To Cry At Burial Of Strangers / 7 Months Pregnant Female Vulcanizer Spotted In Bomadi Delta State [video] / Abba Kyari And His Children Pose In The Farm (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.