Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,899 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court (27983 Views)

FG Drags Anambra To Supreme Court, Slams N50bn Suit / FG Drags NLC And TUC To Court Over Planned Industrial Action / Fayose Reacts To Supreme Court Victory, Pleads With Opposition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by pacodas: 10:21am On Apr 23, 2015
This report is shallow. What are the amendments?

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Nobody: 10:23am On Apr 23, 2015
Why is GEJ behaving as if he would be continuing in office ?
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Gboliwe: 10:25am On Apr 23, 2015
Quite confusing to me. Who is FG and who is NASS?
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Ura: 10:25am On Apr 23, 2015
Chai! The head and the neck don dey quarrel? This is the evidence that this country is changing for good. More disagreements to come. Anywhere light enters darkness cannot prevail. The people who were once united in looting Nigeria have all turned against each other. Abeg, case must not be withdrawn o. We must see wetin dey under dat matter.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Nobody: 10:25am On Apr 23, 2015
they should let us know what is in the ammendment...
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by dayodare49o: 10:25am On Apr 23, 2015
Story for the gods
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by gidjah(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2015
Truely, you spoke my mind sir, we shall all love to know the line they are quarelling over, I hope it is not the section where the office of the Artoney general will be seperated from the minister?
zicoraads:
This is serious. I don't get it, what went wrong?
It beats me that the FG was already aware of all the processes or the amendments that were being made to the 1999 constitution, why didn't they lobby to keep certain aspects they were not comfortable with out?

Why spend so much on this exercise only to want to throw everything away?

There is more to this than meets the eye.

I would really like to know what is contained in the sections that is getting the GEJ led FG mad.

Lalasticlala...do your thang grin
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by sweetgala(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2015
eCollynzo:
Jonathan fighting to please Buhari or what?
I don't see how that amendment affects him.

Do you know what is inside the amendment ?, I'll check the NAS website latter
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by ojnnaco(m): 10:26am On Apr 23, 2015
Am very such dat dis story is for d godz
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by johnshagb(m): 10:27am On Apr 23, 2015
story
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by dayodare49o: 10:27am On Apr 23, 2015
GenBuhari:
Why is GEJ behaving as if he would be continuing in office ?
Then it means you should get gun.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by baralatie(m): 10:29am On Apr 23, 2015
eCollynzo:
it will put NATION direct in the line of chaos with these Nass controlling the fg.it will be instant remedy for a breakaway threats by so called regionalist and the fog will not have any power to do anything,not even able to call for assistance!
these Mass ehn!!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by gidjah(m): 10:33am On Apr 23, 2015
I believe most of our leaders quarrel over constitution just for personal gains, untill we get a selfless honest and patriotic leader , our constitution will always. Lead us back ward. The power this constitution gives to sitting leaders is damn too much
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by eCollynzo: 10:33am On Apr 23, 2015
baralatie:

it will put NATION direct in the line of chaos with these Nass controlling the fg.it will be instant remedy for a breakaway threats by so called regionalist and the fog will not have any power to do anything,not even able to call for assistance!
these Mass ehn!!
I see nothing wrong with what you wrote above.
Why should Jonathan be against that?
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by baralatie(m): 10:38am On Apr 23, 2015
[quote author=eCollynzo post=33018499] I see nothing wrong with what you wrote above.
Why should Jonathan be against that?[/quoteit is when Buhari enters on May 29 and he can't fight corruption then people will understand!
when "regionalist" finally insert a clause in the constitution then every body eye go. Lear!
the house is going out of its constitutional powers!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Nobody: 10:39am On Apr 23, 2015
zicoraads:
This is serious. I don't get it, what went wrong?
It beats me that the FG was already aware of all the processes or the amendments that were being made to the 1999 constitution, why didn't they lobby to keep certain aspects they were not comfortable with out?

Why spend so much on this exercise only to want to throw everything away?

There is more to this than meets the eye.

I would really like to know what is contained in the sections that is getting the GEJ led FG mad.

Lalasticlala...do your thang grin

Signposts the visionless, clueless and directionless! He never gets anywhere essentially because he didn't set out for somewhere!! Unfortunate grin we were afflicted with his Presidency - he does not envision the end from the beginning - a bad leader = "Dr." Good luck Ebele Jonathan!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by dustydee: 10:41am On Apr 23, 2015
What is the Attorney General doing?

HolyHero:

In an originating summons it filed through a former Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Chief Bayo Ojo, SAN , FG, prayed the apex court to declare as unconstitutional, the amendments as proposed by the lawmakers.

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by M4gunners: 10:42am On Apr 23, 2015
eCollynzo:
GEJ is trying to pay all those that betrayed him. By signing it, most of them will get life time pension. That is what he is trying to avoid. Weldon my presido.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by 49cents(m): 10:46am On Apr 23, 2015
Keneking:
Great move by clueless PDP party led by Jonathan and Muazu

Can the APC government. Drag an APC doniminated NASS to court

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by lexy2014: 10:49am On Apr 23, 2015
modath:

So Jonathan expects the court to adjudicate in this case when we know quite well he has zero regard for the judical process. Case in point.

--Justice Ayo Salami's case
--Deployment of troops for elections

B that as it may,d FG is spot on as regards this matter.its a straight forward case as far as constitutional amendment is concerned.those provisions are clearly stated and must be adhered †☺.d national assembly shuld no better

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by bfire(m): 10:55am On Apr 23, 2015
There's something the both houses of assembly are doing that's not going to benefit Nigerians but only themselves

If the states HOA are in on it, know that it's something greedy that can only benefit them to the detriment of other Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by queensmith: 11:00am On Apr 23, 2015
the only amendment i will support is a complete and absolute 75% reduction in their salaries. Those people are as useless as the most useless thing I can think of.

4 Likes

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by criminalmindz: 11:05am On Apr 23, 2015
THE MILITARY NEEDS TO COME BACK AND CLEAN UP NIGERIA. I SUPPORT ANY MILITARY INTERVENTION , AS LONG AS NO BE HAUSA OR SLAVE TO THE HAUSA'S

2 Likes

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by adanny01(m): 11:13am On Apr 23, 2015
criminalmindz:
THE MILITARY NEEDS TO COME BACK AND CLEAN UP NIGERIA. I SUPPORT ANY MILITARY INTERVENTION , AS LONG AS NO BE HAUSA OR SLAVE TO THE HAUSA'S

Let me get you right.

You want the military to intervene and clean up Nigeria but not a Hausa military ruler even if he will do what you expect him to do?

Thats hate my friend! Nigeria will never be clean as long as you keep hating!

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by buchilino(m): 11:21am On Apr 23, 2015
eCollynzo:

NO it doesn't affect him but it will surely affect u n millions of others directly or indirectly.

2 Likes

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by eCollynzo: 11:24am On Apr 23, 2015
buchilino:

NO it doesn't affect him but it will surely affect u n millions of others directly or indirectly.
Reducing the power of the president can only affect me positively.
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Beface(m): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2015
kennygee:
Why do we need to nullify amendments when we still have some more amendments to do?

How do out people think?
You don't seems to understand this issue, cause if you do you won't make such comment. The part of the amendment that the FG is against is the part that serve the legislators selfish motive. Constitution is not something you wake up one morning and amend.

1 Like

Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Sigo86(m): 11:25am On Apr 23, 2015
soe:
Something tells me that Tinubu is remotely controlling GEJ these days.... Cos there are so many things he is doing to please GMB dese days. Too much for soft landing

U're very right!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Penboy: 11:27am On Apr 23, 2015
If i tell you say i understand that write up eh...
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by dubemivan(m): 11:28am On Apr 23, 2015
Clash of the titans Season 2 Episode 1... Lets watch as the drama unfold!
Re: FG Drags NASS To Supreme Court by Pennywise(m): 11:35am On Apr 23, 2015
Jonathan making the first rational decisions of his presidency after freeing himself of the clutches of the PDP. Who knows what could have been in the last 6 years had he done exact same thing. Unfortunately, it is already too late. David Mark's senate, easily the most corrupt in the history of Nigeria's national assembly, reduced a president ordinarily reasonable and intelligent into a clueless daft. Some would say he allowed himself to be used because of his desperation to remain in power. The Buhari govt should leverage on this case as a means of bringing about the much desired changes in the National Assembly. They were elected to serve Nigeria and not themselves.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Flags Off Reconstruction Of Port-Harcourt Road Aba, An FG Road (Pics) / Nigeria Diplomatic Passport: Why Politicians Don't Release Theirs After Office / The 40th Day Fidau Prayers For Abiola Ajimobi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.