Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,361 members, 7,850,325 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 06:28 PM

We Won The Best New Blog Award! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / We Won The Best New Blog Award! (492 Views)

Meet The Handsome Abuja Based Guy Who Has Won Affection From Ladies Online. PICS / Nigeria Ashawo Decided To Go N*k-ed After Nigeria Won The World Cup (see Photos) / Who And Who Won The Current Mr And Mrs Nairaland/romanceland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

We Won The Best New Blog Award! by Lifetitudes(f): 9:33am On Apr 23, 2015
Morning greetings to you my dearest e-family,

I am so excited this morning because the bestest thing happened on Saturday. Lifetitudes won the "Best New Blog" Award from the Nigerian Blog Awards. Results were announced on Saturday the 18th of April 2014 via twitter and i couldn't stop grinning. Can you dig it? We WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A while ago when i started blogging as anonymous1803 i had no exact motive in mind. And although i put up stories that were real and sometimes, I still did not understand or even analyse the direction of the blog.

Then one Wednesday morning, i received an email from a lady who spoke about how the story i had posted the day before had inspired her. Apparently she had been at a crossroad and the post/the comments "you" posted had helped her make up her mind. It was at that moment that i realized what the blog was meant to be about.

Subsequently i decided that each post would contain a life lesson or more that were either visible or could be drawn out by your comments. Some days i am so "taught" that i maul over the comments picking out the day's lessons before going to sleep and other days i am so tickled by your comments that i fall asleep with a smile on my face.

The blog has changed me in so many ways and a classic example was my reaction to an offensive tweet i was tagged in on Saturday during the Nigerian Blog Awards E-Ceremony. My old self would have responded to the tweet with sarcastic words, but i realized that that reaction would be disgraceful for someone who hosts a blog that aims to inspire people. So i became a sheep and belted out sweet words.. I think the words were like water on the poster's "hot" body because he immediately apologized and promised to love me for life.

So in summary, by hosting this blog i have found an "elixir" of change and i hope you have too in some way.

Thank you very much for nominating, voting for the blog, visiting daily and sharing pieces of "you". Thank you for also voting for Naijasinglegirl who won in the Personal/Lifestyle and Best Humour Blog categories. I say a big congratulations to her.

Let us remember that by sending in our stories, sharing our thoughts or sharing the links to the posts, we might be helping someone somewhere make a better choice and at the end of the day we would potentially stopped one heart from breaking.

This poem summarizes the blog's journey for me.....

If I Can Stop One Heart From Breaking

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.

poetry source

xoxoxxoxoxo...MFA

image source

(1) (Reply)

What Will U Do In This Scenario. / Kano Lady Finds New Lover Plans To Buy Car And A House For Him / My Fiancé’s Sister Was The Woman That I Broke Her Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.