Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,614 members, 7,813,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:10 AM

Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (87738 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by gloriana(f): 11:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by dinachi(m): 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
Most important reason is LESBIANISM!

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by kinibigdeal(m): 11:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
freecocoa:
Yea right.

The article is bullshit.

I don't think so

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by dsquare33: 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2015
GodMode:

God does not exist..
God does not determine when a person marries.
For your mind.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Ihuomadinihu: 11:03pm On Apr 23, 2015
Dragonking:

So are u insinuating that prophet Isaiah is lying or didn't know what he was saying?
Nobody will stop you from getting into polygamy!!
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 11:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 11:05pm On Apr 23, 2015
Dragonking:

u no know b4? many of them are liars and pretenders as long as it is a faceless forum.

I know before I enter nairaland.

I dey talk about Facebook

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by koyyess: 11:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
bbjummy:
Hmm! Parents and their you can't marry that man until you have your PHD undecided. Thank God I was vindicated after several plea, though at 31.
Ah, but your parents did the right thing. No one can treat you like a slave and at 31 with such an achievement, your husband knows he is with a complete woman.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
luxanne:

Well, women at that age also get married to younger men as well.

And there are also women still looking hot @ that same age with men all around them but they don't seem interested.

Don't deceive yourself.
Men marry women and not vise versa.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by gloriana(f): 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
saaedlee:
When unmarried girls reach a certain age, depending on the societies they live in(tho it differs from society to society) people begin to refer to them as “old cargo" etc.

Especially here in Nigeria, people still look upon a young unmarried girl as though she were to blame for her state. Fingers are pointed accusingly at her regardless of the reasons or her own circumstances. The girl soon becomes the butt of ridicule, accusations, and meddling by those around her and even those closest to her.

The reasons for the girl’s delay in getting married or in not getting married at all are many and varies. But the most prevalent delay of a young Nigerian girl getting married is insecurity, especially financial security. However, there are social circumstances and pressures that also create delays in getting married for the ladies.

There are also other reasons such as high dowries, which may make some young men run from getting married on time. Little wonder why most marriages you see today are consumated by older men and women . Then there are families which demand that a prospective suitor have certain characteristics or else they will not allow their daughters or sisters to marry him.

What do girls in Nigeria say about why they are not married?
How much do they suffer because they are not married?
Can "RUNS" decide on when a girl gets married?
[b]Can a girl begin a new life and start a family no matter how late?

According to latest statistics from The Federal Ministry of Women Affairs and Social Development 4 in every 10 ladies aged between 26 - 39 are unmarried!
Please can we have some fresh air in here? Aa aa, single ladies dis single ladies dat. Its an obvious problem dats staring at us in d face. So coming up here to post an article just stating d obvious n giving us statistics won't solve d problem cos I've had more than enuf of dat. If u don't av any practical solution to d problem pls b more creative n write about other tins. N dat reminds me....I av an idea on how to reduce d number bit by bit but will need some pple to actualise it.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by homirefacuny(m): 11:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
kishimi8:
Thank god all my sisters are married.. must be tough for the ladies out there.. but hey most ladies want to marry a ready made man..

God bless you ma bro....some ladies av used their husband as boyfriend.....SMH.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by scarletdp(m): 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
kelvin100:

Don't deceive yourself.
Men marry women and not vise versa.

Although, I know what you mean but actually women marry men. That's why when you go down on one knee, your words will be "will you marry me"

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Apr 23, 2015
qbd2:
Hmm but how come most of them r blaming their parents?
I personally blame our culture of elaborate celebration dats difficult for most men to afford. Also, d attitude of ladies jumping about from one man to another, or this reckless attitude of thinking ur still young.

They blame their parents because that's all they have as defense.
The truth is the girls are too selective and snobbish thinking that beauty lasts forever.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by cococandy(f): 11:10pm On Apr 23, 2015
Edusouls:
You are very wrong, u u dont tell ur self the truth, cococandy how are the uncountable single women out there be equal to the fast diminishing number of young men, men have depleted in population such that,they are so out numbered by femake folks like 4:1, so stop deceiving ur self, men are scarce,husbands are scarcer...
i just dey laugh your ignorance. grin

Men outnumber women. #fact!

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
GodMode:

For women.. Your list is your opinion...
Yeah right it is, y not share ur own opinion as well?
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by rockcitie: 11:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
MRBrownJ:
@OP
there are few issues here:
FIRST: NIGERIANS BELIEVE WOMEN MUST BE MARRIED TO BE VALUED
the solution to this problem lies in changing the prehistoric mentality of Nigerians who believe that the life's aim of any woman is to be married and have children (and that parents should have the last say on the matter). from their early age, parents beat that notion into young girls brain so these ladies will grow up believing that they aint shiit unless a man take them as wives.... and their parents approval is the do or die on the matter. the roots of that tree is rotten and we have to change it if we want to make better apples.

SECOND: ACCEPTING YOUR FATE
if you are +35, then you have lived about 17yrs seeking for that "Mrs" status without success, and since you know the social environment you live in, i suggest you let it go and accept that maybe it aint for you (and/or go insult your parents who refused all suitors that came your way). but hopefully by then, you have a great job that you can fully focus on. i am sure you are comfortable with who/what you are and i sincerely hope you dont settle for the 1st donkey that come your way, out of desperation.

sadly you have to accept the possibilities that you may be a gf (at best), for the rest of your life. there is no point still seeking for marriage when you see what you are up against out there. any +35 woman who still desperately seek for Mr right has to seriously answer the simply question: "why?".

THIRD: MEN AINT CRAZY
if you are a successful/beautiful/sexy +35yrs old woman, and yet still single, you have to look within yourself to know what drive men away from you. too high expectations? thinking to high of yourself? wrong character? NO morals? NO class? NO integrity? a good responsible woman does NOT stay single for long on the market, and a stubborn conceited woman need to fully accept that she may be single for a while. unfortunately, you best have a diamond cootie cat if you are ugly broke +35, and expect to compete with all them young 18+ women out there who are (as well) desperately looking for a husband to save them out of their misery.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST: LETS BE REAL HERE
what man in his right mind would settle for someone that passed her early 30s, when there are gazillions of young beautiful energetic 18-20yrs old out there desperately seeking for "any" well to do man to marry them? the younger men (18-30) out there would desire someone their own age, the mid range men (30-40) would look at these women and question why they havent been married all this time, and instead they would settle for someone "fresher" ranging from 25 to 30..... and the older men (40 and up) would mostly seek for an arm candy at this stage of their lives, and therefore also settle for the younger desperate women out there that are freely available in 9ja. so the reality is, pass 30 these women are indeed "old cargo".

Please must you talk if you have nothing meaningful to say? What makes you think that a woman above 30 would also not find a matured man (close to 40 years)? Do you think it's everyone who is interested in settling down with "little girls"? Please speak for yourself alone. What works for you may not work for others.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Dragonking: 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ihuomadinihu:

Nobody will stop you from getting into polygamy!!

Not only me but men generally.. the rate at which single ladies are increasing is alarming. very soon, you ladies will be queuing up to be wife number 7. grin

Isaiah 4:1

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 11:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Dragonking: 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
Viciyus:

I know before I enter nairaland.

I dey talk about Facebook

what's d difference? anything online is filled with deceit especially wen a woman is involved.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by kishimi8(m): 11:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
koyyess:

Inferiority complex is a contributing factor. But women were never born with it. That's a mentality that was planted in their heads right from childhood- like a brain wash. It's over hyped. Except that now, some enlightened people are beginning to see marriage for what it really is.
Pls kindly tell us what marriage is

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by ailehwise(m): 11:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
homirefacuny:

God bless you ma bro....some ladies av used their husband as boyfriend.....SMH.

African China song
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by koyyess: 11:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
rockcitie:

Please must you talk if you have nothing meaningful to say? What makes you think that a woman above 30 would also not find a matured man (close to 40 years)? Do you think it's everyone who is interested in settling down with "little girls"? Please speak for yourself alone. What works for you may not work for others.
Don't mind him. He was making sense in the beginning until he saw it fit to turn around, bend over and speak with his butt hole.

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by gloriana(f): 11:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
GodMode:

Its not a problem...

Just go and f:uck.. Have a baby and tie the guy down legally..
then y isn't everybody doing it n tieing d guys down illegally? By now d ratio will b 1:1

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by tablu: 11:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
The men are few but the harvest is plenty..what can I say

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 11:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by lovely17(m): 11:27pm On Apr 23, 2015
who are to blame
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by lovely17(m): 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
who are we to blame
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by AmakaDNB(f): 11:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
eagleeyez:

God bless u for not stooping low to his self destructive, inferior,ignorant,possessed,confused,angry,depressed state
Bless you too, dear.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by bennyrazz: 11:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
dsquare33:
This is very deep and it is only the discerning mind that can fathom it.This is what the Yorubas call oro sunuku ti a fi oju sunuku wo pardon my Yoruba adage.Do you know if only most ladies can wait on the lord to know God's will for them in marriage the number of single ladies or men will be reduced even the rate of divorce will drop.
some of them understand this but the brickwall they meet or what they don't understand is how to know the "will of God?" the only way to know the will of God is through constant fasting and prayer. Not from a third party eg Pastor, Prophet etc that is where a lot of women get it wrong. No one told Adam that Eve was his wife, he knew the instant he saw her. A woman's mind should be open to proposals, when a man proposes, do not mind his looks etc Just pray and fast about it to know if the man is the will of God, if no you will know.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Time2Smile(m): 11:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
youngalex:
Don't think Men value marriage like women,I for one am not interested in Marriage but am compelled to do it 1) For Kids 2) To fulfill family and societal expectations...So most men my age are more interested in making money than marriage
Well said. I am surprised nobody has mentioned the factor responsible for high numbers of unmarried older ladies (It is fact a lot of ladies can't find husband). It is simply free sex and fornication , why would a typical 25 to 30 year old want to marry when he can satisfy himself with a variety of women, when he is ready to marry him simply look for a young lady leaving women in his age group in limbo. To a lesser extent this also happens to these women, The urge to satisfy their sexual desire should be one of the major reasons to want marriage, but they were sleeping around when they were ripe and in prime position for marriage. You can't eat your cake and have it. Sex is only meant for marriage

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (15) (Reply)

Pictures From Evina's Pre Wedding Shoot. / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.