Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,612 members, 7,813,002 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (87736 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by luxanne(f): 9:39pm On Apr 23, 2015
kaboninc:

You shouldn't say the same for men dearie.

It is just a man's world.

That's why a man at 50 years can marry a lady of 25 years, money or no money.

You just can't really say so for a woman.

Well, women at that age also get married to younger men as well.

And there are also women still looking hot @ that same age with men all around them but they don't seem interested.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by innervoice(m): 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
MRBrownJ:

i disagree with you on the issue that love is hard to find as i believe it is VERY easy to find love, so long as you are an open minded, social, friendly, outgoing, down to earth person without an unrealistic view of what/how love should be. you meet someone with some of the qualities that you desire/require and if you guys are compatible and spend enough quality time together, love would naturally flow.

Do you easily fall in love?
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by vhw2014: 9:40pm On Apr 23, 2015
where was the survey carried out? cause i dont think i was counted.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by OpraMenu(m): 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
Kachisbarbie:
Nairaland guys (being a minute representation of Nigerian men) are confused.

When a young lady says she wants to get married, they would ask what she has achieved and give that speech on how she shouldn't rush to be Mrs.

Now, ladies have decided to pursue their goals to a significant degree and they still tag her old cargo.

For every single lady out there, there is a single guy that hasn't done the needed.
kachi just tell them the truth instead of giving this ladies false hope. just tell them to be responsible and the right man will locate them.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 9:41pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Cholls(m): 9:42pm On Apr 23, 2015
my brothers and sisters is it compulsary you marry.

And if it is. Why do women have to wait still they become successful in their career,when at the end of the day they will still have to surrender their success to a man.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by koyyess: 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
If the rate is so alarming as the op says, it goes to show that:
1. There are a lot of irresponsible men out there.
2. The economy is so bad that even the responsiblle men cannot afford getting married or having a family.
3. Divorce rate keeps getting higher each day.
4. Some Single ladies have decided within themselves to become baby mamas/ single parent(biological /adopted).
Any other factor contributing to the topic of this thread is insignifant compared to what I have listed above. Why? Let's use Nairaland as a case study. Among the people who raise this kind of thread, most are males. Again, why is that? Because most males are beginning to realise that to most females, marriage in africa especially is a complete joke. If an average woman cannot get a child or financial comfort from a man, then why would they want to be with such a person?. It is therefore my conclusion that most males are afraid of what will become of the institution called marriage in the next 2 or 3 decades and that's why they keep bringing up shiity threads like this.

8 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by AmakaDNB(f): 9:43pm On Apr 23, 2015
tupacshakur:

You no dey fear, abi?

E be like say e don tey wey you chop slap!

Teenage boys and lack of respect for their mothers
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by MRBrownJ: 9:44pm On Apr 23, 2015
innervoice:
Do you easily fall in love?

if i am single, hell yeah!

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Naijasinglegirl: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2015
poster just created a thread like this without interviewing me. na wa o

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
The number is not really alarming, the only thing is that women are now marrying in their 30s and no more in their 20s...

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Lucasbalo(m): 9:47pm On Apr 23, 2015
aflyingbird:
if the stories up there are true , it's those women's fault dat they're single , they're letting their parents control their lives .
Gbam. You are 100percent right.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by kaboninc(m): 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2015
luxanne:

Well, women at that age also get married to younger men as well.

And there are also women still looking hot @ that same age with men all around them but they don't seem interested.

My dear, let's not colour our opinions and make it look like facts.

Generally speaking, men do not flock around ladies who are above 50 years for marriage. The few who do, do so for economic gain.

Take a poll of 10 men. Ask them how many would love to marry a 50 year old hot lady when there are countless number of young 25 - 30 years old ladies.

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by niceguy7(m): 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2015
They are all looking for already made men......shior!

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by knightsamsong(m): 9:53pm On Apr 23, 2015
Blame the parents...blame church...
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by innervoice(m): 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
MRBrownJ:

if i am single, hell yeah!

Then we are very different bro.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 9:54pm On Apr 23, 2015
GodMode:

Stop the excuses..

For whom?
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by innervoice(m): 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
teeowl:
The number is not really alarming, the only thing is that women are now marrying in their 30s and no more in their 20s...

Also true.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Stillfire: 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
edwife:

I think they rely on their parents because they still live in their houses.How many 25-28 years old have a stable job and pay rent in Nigeria? cheesy

It is also not just Nigerians,many African countries have this culture including some Asian countries.

Well you're right. That is why economics today play a role in marriage eligibility especially for men.

coogar:

is sambarry not your babe?

how many 21, 25 & 30 years of age women still depend on their parents to buy sanitary pads for them? leave age out of it when it comes to naija folks, abeg. they are all babies even at 30. grin

You can imagine threads on NL asking if an 'unmarried woman should live alone' and Nigerians championing that she must live in her parents house until marriage. grin God help those who take advice from narrow minded illiterates. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/2144641/should-unmarried-working-class-lady
https://www.nairaland.com/1406504/it-proper-single-lady-live
https://www.nairaland.com/96984/what-wrong-single-lady-living
https://www.nairaland.com/1971260/when-should-lady-move-out
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 9:55pm On Apr 23, 2015
teeowl:
True talk
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Apr 23, 2015
saaedlee:

Your sincerity is noble!
Just stated my mind, better we gface facts than lie to ourselves
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 9:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 9:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 9:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
coogar:

and who are the people enforcing this culture of elaborate celebration? the youths? who are the umuadas demanding undies & mac air laptops from bridegrooms? the youths?
Hmm, rather I should be asking u. Who creates and upholds culture in society?
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by frank043(m): 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
Keep blaming your parents!!! This picture speak my mind.

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Toktee(m): 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
freecocoa:
Mschew.
how old are you?
How many disappointment?

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by fergieboy: 10:00pm On Apr 23, 2015
BLAME THE STIFF ECONOMY

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by LORETA: 10:01pm On Apr 23, 2015
hmmm you guys are saying there are much of unmarried womaen .and i am here looking for a wife...(am over 30)..well i would blame them.........my friend tried match mate me with two working class girls..one works in the air-port.......................we only saw twice in five days..and she started telling me how her fan and sleeping foam needs to be change.,,,how she is so broke that ATM didnt pay her....ladies..how do u expect me to feel...the other girl had her own story after one week.......its feels so bad i tell u

6 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Stillfire: 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
OP we are still waiting for your references o. cheesy
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 10:04pm On Apr 23, 2015
Rushed down here to see if I can get the total number of unmarried girls ranging from 28-40 but all I saw was long script that one that hasn't eaten since morning can't read....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pictures From Evina's Pre Wedding Shoot. / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.