Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:29 AM

Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) (87731 Views)

Any Married Lady Who Never Had This Is As Good As unmarried. / The Stigmatisation Of Unmarried/single Working Adult Nigerians / Alarming Number Of Nigerian Women Think Spousal Abuse by husband is justifiable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
Their husband to be hasn't made enough money yet or probably no job yet. I think unemployment contributed to the high spinsterhood.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
Most Nigerian parents are super illiterate. They don't care about what makes their children happy.

Smh.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 10:06pm On Apr 23, 2015
$
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by AdeniyiA(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2015
within a year, I have spoken about marriage to 3 ladies under 25yrs all telling me they're still young and not in a hurry, besides they all said they had boyfriends, what are they doing with boyfriends when they're not ready for marriage ?
The word of God shall surely come to pass ..
Isaiah 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 10:08pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ladies should also try hitting the labour market massively so they can support their bobos financially too. grin. Don't sit around posting pictures on instagram and buying all the whole "aso ebi".

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by braine(m): 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2015
innervoice:

There are enough modern day women who do not believe in marriage.
There are enough women who lost someone for one reason or another and didn't consider anyone else a suitable replacement or love the one they lost and who are unable to love anyone else.
There are enough women who have different priorities in life.
There are enough women who are not willing to settle for less just for the sake of marriage.
There are enough women who believe in serial monogamy.
There are women who are not able to have kids and who find it hard to find a man who will marry them.
There are enough women who are hidden lesbians.
There are enough women who, for one reason or another, do not like sex and therefore do not want a man by their side.

Life is only simple on Nairaland.
All these types of ladies probably make up less than 1% of ladies. So their number is quite negligible and doesn't really influence the majority.

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by koyyess: 10:12pm On Apr 23, 2015
innervoice:

There are enough modern day women who do not believe in marriage.
There are enough women who lost someone for one reason or another and didn't consider anyone else a suitable replacement or love the one they lost and who are unable to love anyone else.
There are enough women who have different priorities in life.
There are enough women who are not willing to settle for less just for the sake of marriage.
There are enough women who believe in serial monogamy.
There are women who are not able to have kids and who find it hard to find a man who will marry them.
There are enough women who are hidden lesbians.
There are enough women who, for one reason or another, do not like sex and therefore do not want a man by their side.

Life is only simple on Nairaland.
Nice observation. A lot of people are blind to see these and just suck it up for once instead of shiiting out lies from their behinds. The world is changing fast. If marriage wasn't over hyped in africa,I tell you - a lot of women will prefer to be single.

4 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by darediamond(m): 10:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
Because you don Taaaban ko?
grin grin
freecocoa:
Yea right.

The article is bullshit.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 10:13pm On Apr 23, 2015
d truth is dat girls dem sef re selective. made my intention known here on NL dat i want a girl for a serious relationship i met some girls do u no d conditions de were givin me? dat i must be a graduate and other conditions my brother most of dem dia taste re too high but am still single and searching 07061246614
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by kumbalo2014: 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
raumdeuter:
A similar pattern

All of them interviewed not a single one accepted responsibility but blamed someone, their mother, their father , their stepmother etc

Non of them admitted to being a runs girl,
non admitted to using her youthful years to chase aristo,
None said she was the one who chased poor men away,
None said she was chasing club boys in school at the expense of Efikko,
None said she was waiting for one Bf in Oyinbo land and ignored the home based ones because she wanted to travel

When would women start to take responsibility for their own actions
Thread Closed!
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by dsquare33: 10:15pm On Apr 23, 2015
bennyrazz:
the major problem here is family setting unreasonable standards for the man their daughter wants to marry. Though I am not against setting standards but there should be a limit to the standards family set and there should be limits to the type of man a woman dreams to marry.

Some women have what we call checklist for the type of man they want to marry but they are so quick to forget that God also has a checklist for the type of husband he has destine for them to marry. In God's plan, your husband is short, in the woman's plan, her husband is tall. In God's plan, your husband is a farmer, in the woman's plan, her husband is an Engineer. So when your plan doesn't meet with God's plan for the kind of man they want to marry, how will the marriage be possible?

There is nothing God cannot do for you so far you stick to his plans for you, no father or mother can stop you from getting married so far the man/woman is God's choice.

Lastly, some women are the architect of their own marital woes. They are too high to maintain, nothing pleases them, it is never enough for them, they have this proud look, their taste is too high, they are very wasteful, they cannot endure circumstances, they complain & nag at the same time, they are very disrespectful, they dress like harlots etc
This is very deep and it is only the discerning mind that can fathom it.This is what the Yorubas call oro sunuku ti a fi oju sunuku wo pardon my Yoruba adage.Do you know if only most ladies can wait on the lord to know God's will for them in marriage the number of single ladies or men will be reduced even the rate of divorce will drop.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Whobedatte(m): 10:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
innervoice:

One of the reasons why they haven't found any even though they were seeking, is that love is hard to find. This reason must be mentioned. Some people are lucky and find it easy to find the person they love and who loves them back but for most people it is not easy. That's why many people find themselves in unhappy marriages. They marry someone just for the sake of being married, especially in the Nigerian setting where marriage is a do or die affair. Therefore, people marry someone who they do not truly love or someone they love but who does not love them back. This is the reality. Therefore, I admire everyone who is brave enough to say no to marriage until s/he finds the right person even if it takes a lot of time. Too many people mare out of fear and not for love. You nailed it!!!

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Papertrail11(m): 10:17pm On Apr 23, 2015
coogar:

many of them don't even know how to reply when you say hi to them. some just smile & cover their blushing face or make faces like a buffalo just farted in their nostrils. cheesy

nigerian men are better-trained as far as social skills are concerned. they tend to go out more at their early stage of development while the female counterpart is still learning how to make every type of soup in the kitchen. grin

by whose standard?
are the same men not marrying easily outside nigeria? abeg, nigerian parents are the problem. even when the girl manages to bring a classy suitor home, they would still disapprove because they don't like his tribe or religion.

you really have no clue concerning the topic...

the economy was better then.
the unemployment rate was very low. a high school graduate can work as a bank clerk in their era. these days, masters degree holders are driving keke napep.

when will he save enough to marry a girl whose bride price alone is N1m? grin

"these days, masters degree holders are driving keke napep."
MADAME I RAISE YANSH FOR DIS YOUR LIE wherrrr howwww mtsczxheww
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 10:18pm On Apr 23, 2015
$

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by koyyess: 10:19pm On Apr 23, 2015
AdeniyiA:
within a year, I have spoken about marriage to 3 ladies under 25yrs all telling me they're still young and not in a hurry, besides they all said they had boyfriends, what are they doing with boyfriends when they're not ready for marriage ?
The word of God shall surely come to pass ..
Isaiah 4:1 And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man, saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.
Sorry to burst your bubble but that verse was a prophecy meant for the people of jerusalem. It will never occur in africa and even if it occurs, it would take the demise of a lot of males as it occured back then in jerusalem. Did you read the surrounding verses at all? Is that what you want? Don't delude yourself and bring rains of curses on you and your male offspring.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by tupacshakur(m): 10:20pm On Apr 23, 2015
AmakaDNB:

Teenage boys and lack of respect for their mothers

...stup!d B!tch!

How are you so sure I'm a teenager?

E be like say na one teenage guy dey fucck your smelly Pussyy!

Ashawo like you!

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Edusouls(m): 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
You are very wrong, u u dont tell ur self the truth, cococandy how are the uncountable single women out there be equal to the fast diminishing number of young men, men have depleted in population such that,they are so out numbered by femake folks like 4:1, so stop deceiving ur self, men are scarce,husbands are scarcer...
cococandy:
The more single women out there, the more single men.

I know plenty of guys that age who are still single.
Why is nobody on their case?
Abi the ladies go marry themselves?

#rolls eye.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by MRBrownJ: 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
innervoice:

Then we are very different bro.

many people dont easily fall in love because they are too careful with their heart and dont open up that easily to people. they guard themselves too much, so we have people dating for years and yet dont put themselves on the line (not for that person nor that r/ship). i have never been afraid to be hurt by women, and therefore i open my heart, i give the chance for people to get in... thats part of the game if you really want to discover someone, and let them discover you fully. the catch is that people can use that against you (big deal) but the advantages of that is: when you meet the right person, its ON!

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Dragonking: 10:21pm On Apr 23, 2015
It is written in the bible that there will be a time 7 ladies will be begging to marry 1man. Isaiah 4:1 . it is gradually come to pass. Man is created to be polygamous.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 10:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
Why dem no go marryangry

When at the age of breaast (15-25)

Dem dey jump form dick A to dick z

When at the age of manupause (28-35)

Na that time dem dey find God fearing man(mugu)

After them don abort a whole generation.

I PITY ANY naija guy were won marry any nigeria left over girls

5 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 10:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
$
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by tayoxx(m): 10:26pm On Apr 23, 2015
raumdeuter:
A similar pattern

All of them interviewed not a single one accepted responsibility but blamed someone, their mother, their father , their stepmother etc

Non of them admitted to being a runs girl,
non admitted to using her youthful years to chase aristo,
None said she was the one who chased poor men away,
None said she was chasing club boys in school at the expense of Efikko,
None said she was waiting for one Bf in Oyinbo land and ignored the home based ones because she wanted to travel

When would women start to take responsibility for their own actions
E say Eh,na when shawdies go begin collect responsibility of the tin we dem dooo
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
cococandy:
The more single women out there, the more single men.

I know plenty of guys that age who are still single.
Why is nobody on their case?
Abi the ladies go marry themselves?

#rolls eye.

You just dey your one room and toilet dey type rubbish.

Who plenty for naija pass, no be una woman,

So you don be censor were dey count single guys abi?

Shm

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by youngalex(m): 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
koyyess:
If the rate is so alarming as the op says, it goes to show that:
1. There are a lot of irresponsible men out there.
2. The economy is so bad that even the responsiblle men cannot afford getting married or having a family.
3. Divorce rate keeps getting higher each day.
4. Some Single ladies have decided within themselves to become baby mamas/ single parent(biological /adopted).
Any other factor contributing to the topic of this thread is insignifant compared to what I have listed above. Why? Let's use Nairaland as a case study. Among the people who raise this kind of thread, most are males. Again, why is that? Because most males are beginning to realise that to most females, marriage in africa especially is a complete joke. If an average woman cannot get a child or financial comfort from a man, then why would they want to be with such a person?. It is therefore my conclusion that most males are afraid of what will become of the institution called marriage in the next 2 or 3 decades and that's why they keep bringing up shiity threads like this.
Don't think Men value marriage like women,I for one am not interested in Marriage but am compelled to do it 1) For Kids 2) To fulfill family and societal expectations...So most men my age are more interested in making money than marriage

3 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by koyyess: 10:28pm On Apr 23, 2015
GodMode:

Marriage is not over hyped in Africa..

Women have inferiority complex... And always try to compete with their friends...
Inferiority complex is a contributing factor. But women were never born with it. That's a mentality that was planted in their heads right from childhood- like a brain wash. It's over hyped. Except that now, some enlightened people are beginning to see marriage for what it really is.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by eagleeyez: 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2015
kishimi8:
Thank god all my sisters are married.. must be tough for the ladies out there.. but hey most ladies want to marry a ready made man..

Which woman wan suffer?

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by bbjummy: 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
Hmm! Parents and their you can't marry that man until you have your PHD undecided. Thank God I was vindicated after several plea, though at 31.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 10:31pm On Apr 23, 2015
$
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Dragonking: 10:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
GodMode:

Polygamy is a choice...

yes it is but very soon guys will be mandated to marry more than one wife. just watch. the bible doesn't lie.
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by GodMode: 10:33pm On Apr 23, 2015
$
Re: Alarming Number Of Unmarried Ladies (28 - 39 Yrs) by Ihuomadinihu: 10:34pm On Apr 23, 2015
I don't take this kind of threads serious anymore. It's a big shade on the womenfolk and single sisters. I wonder how and why our society automatically blames a woman for being single. Will the woman marry herself? More single ladies mean more single men. I know many virtuous born again sisters that still unmarried. Is it a woman's fault if she is unmarried at a certain age?
The bible says,'He that finds a wife finds a good thing'. It is the responsibility of men to find wives. More single ladies mean that single men are not doing what should be done.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Pictures From Evina's Pre Wedding Shoot. / Things Your Fiancé/ husband Is Better Off Not Knowing. / "My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.