Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

How Can We Recognise False Teachers? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can We Recognise False Teachers? (4941 Views)

Who Are The 3 Best Teachers Of The Scripture In Nigeria? / Re:there Shall Arise Many False Teachers An They Shall Deceive Many. HARDMIRROR? / Bible Proof The Rapture Theory Is False (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
The Bible says there will be many false teachers - how can we identify them?
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Ifeann(f): 9:22pm On Apr 23, 2015
OLAADEGBU:

They will preach a different Jesus

They will focus on prosperity rather than salvation

They will be filled with deciet, blasphemies and lies

They will deny the father and son

They will say we are gods

They will be more like Mohammed(and the spirit of the anti Christ) than be Christ-like.

They will be worldly

They will pay body guards to protect them rather than pray to Christ to saved them.

They will try to conform to the world rather than the Gospel

They will be sexually immoral

They will make "prophecies" which they concocted themselves

They will not adhere to the Gospel.

Thankfully the bible contains all the information we need to spot them.

if u spot them expose them, by the way how do u spot a false Islamic teacher( empiree 9jaforlife tartar9 rilwayne001) , create a thread so we can figure out the fake imams, shieks, scholars etc.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by tartar9(m): 10:59pm On Apr 23, 2015
Ifeann:

They will be filled with deciet, blasphemies and lies

They will deny the father and son

They will be more like Mohammed(and the spirit of the anti Christ) than be Christ-like.

They will be worldly

They will pay body guards to protect them rather than pray to Christ to saved them.

if u spot them expose them, by the way how do u spot a false Islamic teacher( empiree 9jaforlife tartar9 rilwayne001) , create a thread so we can figure out the fake imams, shieks, scholars etc.
Ok,congratulations! you've been noticed cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2015
[quote author=Ifeann post=33038371]

Of-course, there are evidences from your Bible suggesting different JesusES. Jesus as we know him, whose name your salvation depends does not recognized being called Jesus. So Pastors, Bishop or average Christians and Pope that preach different Jesus actually following the Bible. I got these for you.
https://www.nairaland.com/2172133/question-did-jesus-read-bible/13
https://www.nairaland.com/2273607/theres-more-than-one-jesus

Yea, like CAN (Christian Association Of Nigeria) president, Oyedepo

They will be worldly
Oyedepo, Christ, Adeboye, Ayo Oritsejafor, the money launderer, TB Joshua are few examples

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2015
ifeann said:
They will be filled with deceit, blasphemies and lies
Did you just said at-taqqiyah? Remember Paul, founder of Christianity......the guy lied. Did you just say blasphemies?. But Bible itself blasphemes God.

"Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, as a warrior wakes from the stupor of wine." Psalm 78:65

"Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces the [size=15pt]dung[/size] from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it."

Bible itself calls you gods.

"..that all of them may be one (gods), Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us(gods) so that the world may believe that you have sent me.John 17:21

They will be more like Mohammed(and the spirit of the anti Christ) than be Christ-like
Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 651:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "I am the nearest of all the people to the son of Mary, and all the prophets are paternal brothers, and there has been no prophet between me and him (i.e. Jesus)." Prophet Muhammad (Allah's blessings and peace be upon him and his household)

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 11:23pm On Apr 23, 2015
Jesus is NOT enough!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by tartar9(m): 11:24pm On Apr 23, 2015
Empiree:

he he,but she's catholic thou,she will just use that to prove the legitimacy of the one true church.
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 11:25pm On Apr 23, 2015
Oh, i thought modern Christianity is the real deal, no? You now backing away from it?. But according to you, they are frontiers of modern technology and advancement, no?

grin grin grin
2 Nigerian Gay Pastors Charged Over Illegal Sex
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/01/03/2-nigerian-gay-pastors-charged-over-illegal-sex/

"Nollywood" full of Christians and sexual illicit

List of Nigerian Pastors who Rape Church members Released
http://www.9jabook.com/forum/topics/list-of-nigerian-pastors-who-rape-church-members-released

TB Joshua grin shocked
"I see Malaysia aircraft air-jacked, It's underneath Indian ocean" BS

ALL Christians combined. And your Gospel does not adhere to itself either. It says one thing here, another there

You mean Homosexual Bible, Kiddie Bible, Women Bible, Skate Bible, Judas bible, Barabas Bible, Amplify Bible, Protestant and Republican Bible......the list goes on.

if u spot them expose them,
^ those Bibles are enough to trash Christianity. A book written by every Tom, Dick and Harry. Yet called Book from God.........DUNG!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 11:29pm On Apr 23, 2015
tartar9:
he he,but she's catholic thou,she will just use that to prove the legitimacy of the one true church.
Catholic?...........that's even worst! Lots of Christians here consider the sect pagan including pastorkun

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Ifeann(f): 11:56pm On Apr 23, 2015
Empiree:
ifeann said:
Did you just said at-taqqiyah? Remember Paul, founder of Christianity......the guy lied. Did you just say blasphemies?. But Bible itself blasphemes God.

"Then the Lord awoke as from sleep, as a warrior wakes from the stupor of wine." Psalm 78:65

"Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces the [size=15pt]dung[/size] from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it."

Bible itself calls you gods.

"..that all of them may be one (gods), Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us(gods) so that the world may believe that you have sent me.John 17:21

Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 651:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

I heard Allah's Apostle saying, "I am the nearest of all the people to the son of Mary, and all the prophets are paternal brothers, and there has been no prophet between me and him (i.e. Jesus)." Prophet Muhammad (Allah's blessings and peace be upon him and his household)

Like several old testament verses, U Muslims don't understand the psalms. Like I have told some of u Muslims earlier I won't be explaining old testament verse to u, particularly because I am a Christian and not a 3000 year old acient Jew living under the law and focusing on OT distracts from the NT.

However, I must address the new testament verse u quoted; infact I won't address it because it explains itself when the verses before it is read, I will just post the verse before it which u convienently ignored.

John 17:18-21 (ESV)
18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, [ a ] that they also may be sanctified [ b ] in truth.
20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Do u notice what Christ says here? A Muslims mind doesn't get it. However I would like u to explain how ur mind concluded that it says "humans are gods"

Again u posted this below after the psalms, which may lead people to think such is contained in the bible.

Please next time post the quran verse immediately after ur quran's/Mohammeds foul words and don't associate it intentional or not with a bible verse.

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 12:28am On Apr 24, 2015
[quote author=Ifeann post=33043158]

[s]
Like several old testament verses, U Muslims don't understand the psalms. Like I have told some of u Muslims earlier I won't be explaining old testament verse to u, particularly because I am a Christian and not a 3000 year old acient Jew living under the law and focusing on OT distracts from the NT.

However, I must address the new testament verse u quoted; infact I won't address it because it explains itself when the verses before it is read, I will just post the verse before it which u convienently ignored.

John 17:18-21 (ESV)
18 As you sent me into the world, so I have sent them into the world. 19 And for their sake I consecrate myself, [ a ] that they also may be sanctified [ b ] in truth.
20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Do u notice what Christ says here? A Muslims mind doesn't get it. However I would like u to explain how ur mind concluded that it says "humans are gods"[/s]
Quit this teaching complex. What a load of deceit!. Anyways, throw everything you said up there in the garbage.

Again u posted this below after the psalms, which may lead people to think such is contained in the bible.

Please next time post the quran verse immediately after ur quran's/Mohammeds foul words and don't associate it intentional or not with a bible verse.
Hahahha grin grin grin grin grin, see the woman who claims to know Islam doesnt even know her Bible. I set you up ( by living out reference) and you fell for it.

Reading from your post (underlined) shows clearly that you did not know the verse was in your Bible. The sacrilegious verse is gleaned from your Bible. You are now exposed. You know nothing. You are just a clown. Here is the verse again

[size=15pt]"Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces the dung from your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it."[/size] Malachi 2:3

The reason you didn't know was because Bible is messed up. You are Catholic with 73 chapters(maybe that's where Malachi is missing). But Protestant has 66. Of-course church goers must be missing out. Oops! lipsrsealed

Abuamam, tartar9, rilwayne001, udatso, 9jaforlife shahydbinaliyu come see this lady. She's actually bogus. She did not know this blasphemous verse was in the Bible.

Now, ifeann, let me quickly explain what Malachi 2:3 says. It means God throws shit at people and robbed it on the faces of worshipers. And worshippers would be walking around with SH*T. This is BLASPHEMY

Like former Uganda president once said to his staff. "....I will show you what we do to shit grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw6lPejeZKI

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Sanchez01: 1:01am On Apr 24, 2015
OLAADEGBU:
1. Their lifestyle which is often defined by flamboyance, gathering of wealth etc.
2. Teachings/Preachings, often built around prosperity, success and less of teachings on heaven and holiness.
3. Doctrine!
4. The place of Trinity in their church.
5. They're good at blasphemy and heresy.

1 Like

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Sanchez01: 1:20am On Apr 24, 2015
Ifeann:

Dearie, your incessant attacks on Islam is way disturbing. You're not doing the will of Christ in this regard because Christ would never launch attacks on other religions. He never did. If you think you're doing God's will by constantly disrespecting other religions, then you're doing Christ a great disservice. It's high time you stopped.

Empiree:
ifeann said:
Mr, last I checked the thread stated "How Can We Recognise False Teachers?". It was a simple question and wouldn't allow for bashing and attacks. I assume you're a Muslim judging by the bolded from your post. Regardless, I'd like to correct a notion; Christianity is NOT a religion. It's a way of life and Apostle Paul was never the founder according to your claim (And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that for a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught many people. - Acts 11:26).

The disciples were called "Christians" which was coined from the name "Christ" + "ian" meaning "Christ-like". Mind you, the word itself was an adjective; a derogatory word to show contempt towards the followers of Christ. I could enlighten you more on this if you're interested but I consider it unwise to post on a seeming Christian thread. A little self-respect won't hurt.
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 1:44am On Apr 24, 2015
[quote author=Sanchez01 post=33044673]
Dearie, your incessant attacks on Islam is way disturbing. You're not doing the will of Christ in this regard because Christ would never launch attacks on other religions. He never did. If you think you're doing God's will by constantly disrespecting other religions, then you're doing Christ a great disservice. It's high time you stopped.
Good enough if she listens. But we aint begging her to stop.

Mr, last I checked the thread stated "How Can We Recognise False Teachers?". It was a simple question and wouldn't allow for bashing and attacks. I assume you're a Muslim judging by the bolded from your post. Regardless, I'd like to correct a notion; Christianity is NOT a religion. It's a way of life and Apostle Paul was never the founder according to your claim (And the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch. And when he had found him, he brought him unto Antioch. And it came to pass, that for a whole year they assembled themselves with the church, and taught many people. - Acts 11:26).

The disciples were called "Christians" which was coined from the name "Christ" + "ian" meaning "Christ-like". Mind you, the word itself was an adjective; a derogatory word to show contempt towards the followers of Christ. I could enlighten you more on this if you're interested but I consider it unwise to post on a seeming Christian thread. A little self-respect won't hurt.
ooooooooooh Mr. Sanchez, whatz up man?. You just remind of my former supervisor where i used to work 10 years ago. Man! you brought that memory back seeing your moniker. How are you doing?.

Now, let's get to work. Do you actually think you are saying something new to me? These terminologies you used up there hold no water. I thought you wanted to show me where Jesus himself named you Christians?. Because, technically, only God or Jesus had the right to convocate such terminology. In order for me to take you very serious, you gonna have to show me from your Bible where God or Jesus used these phrases "christlike", "christian". They are the religious authority. Other than that your case will be dismissed without any prejudice. However, I will be willing to have fair debate on that with you if you are interested.

As for the topic, bro, it's way too late. You not gonna start blame game with me. If you are able to call her brain to order and she complies, that's the ONLY way empire will eschew. Other than that, you have to realized that pen has been lifted against her and her "christgangs"

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 4:22am On Apr 24, 2015
by the way how do u spot a false Islamic teacher( em.piree 9jafo.rlife tart.ar9 rilwa.yne001) , create a thread so we can figure out the fake imams, shieks, scholars etc.
This is the definition of our teachers, imams, shieks, scholars

Definition Of ISLAM

[size=30pt]I S L A M:[/size]
[size=30pt]
I Shall Love All Mankind
[/size]

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 4:23am On Apr 24, 2015
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by shahydbinaliyu(m): 6:34am On Apr 24, 2015
[quote author=Empiree post=33043849][/quote]

bro.. i always pity them. they know they are on wrong way, they know they are conspiring against islam with fake and deceitful theories. why did they find it hard to revert to Muslim? i pity them alot

2 Likes

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by ammyluv2002(f): 8:48am On Apr 24, 2015
Sanchez01:

God bless you for dis! Very disturbing. I wonder who taught them to be dis aggressive cause Christ was never aggressive . You can't win anybody over by insulting their beliefs, talk to people about Christ and leave their religion out of it. You can't force down your religion on people's neck, only Jesus can win a soul so just do your part and leave the rest.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Ifeann(f): 8:55am On Apr 24, 2015
Empiree:

Hahahha, see the woman who claims to know Islam doesnt even know her Bible. I set you up ( by living out reference) and you fell in my pit.
Reading from you post (underlined) shows clearly that you did not know the verse was in your Bible. The sacrilegious verse is gleaned from your Bible. You are now exposed. You know nothing. You are just a clown. Here is the verse again
"Because of you I will rebuke your descendants; I will smear on your faces thedungfrom your festival sacrifices, and you will be carried off with it."Malachi 2:3
The reason you didn't know was because Bible is messed up. You are Catholic with 73 chapters(maybe that's where Malachi is missing). But Protestant has 66. Of-course church goers must be missing out. Oops!
Abuamam, tartar9, rilwayne001, udatso, 9jaforlife shahydbinaliyu come see this lady. She's actually bogus. She did not know this blasphemous verse was in the Bible.
Now,ifeann, let me quickly explain what Malachi 2:3 says. It means God throws poo at people and robbed it on the faces of worshipers. And worshippers will be walking around with SH*T. This is BLASPHEMY
Like former Uganda president once said to his staff. "....I will show you what we do to poo

Lol. You are so excited. I have NOT come across the verse before, the Bible is a very large book containing thousands of years of revelations throughout Jewish history unlike the short quran recited by one man, Mohammed.

I am not perfect, I know a lot but not everything.

The verse says

Malachi 2:1-6 King James Version (KJV)
2 And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings: yea, I have cursed them already, because ye do not lay it to heart.
3 Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.
4 And ye shall know that I have sent this commandment unto you, that my covenant might be with Levi, saith the Lord of hosts.
5 My covenant was with him of life and peace; and I gave them to him for the fear wherewith he feared me, and was afraid before my name.
6 The law of truth was in his mouth, and iniquity was not found in his lips: he walked with me in peace and equity, and did turn many away from iniquity.

It read like one of the many insults of Mohammed in his quran directed to the Christians and Jews. I don't need to quote them, u quote them often.

In fact I had to run to verify. Then I saw the full context from the preceeding verses. And the warning starts by saying

; And now, O ye priests, this commandment is for you.
2 If ye will not hear, and if ye will not lay it to heart, to give glory unto my name, saith the Lord of hosts, I will even send a curse upon you, and I will curse your blessings.

Do u see how the warning is for priests who don't keep Gods commandments. All the fake pastors and priests should be worried about this verse because all crimes (without repentance) have consequences.

This empiree is how I expect u and other Muslims to explain ur quran, not by insults or buy trying to cite circumstantial context but by giving inner and symbolic context as well as posting the verses before and after a verse that better explains the meaning should it do.

You on the other hand using al Taqiyya gave malachi verse a very different meaning.

Infact this verse reminds me of what happened to Mohammed who lied about being a prophet from God and didn't keep any of the 10 commandments from reading the quran and hadiths..

Look at this warning again

Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces, even the dung of your solemn feasts; and one shall take you away with it.

Corrupt your seed (regarding offspring) and Dung upon your faces(disgrace) are both seemingly metaphors.

Mohammed's seed was corrupt, he couldn't produce a male offspring despite having dozens of sex partners, all his "seeds" died prematurely (including Fatima who died shortly after him ) his male grandkids from his only child(Fatima) who out lived him by a few years were butchered by Muslims.

Also don't forget Mohammed was disgraced by dying with an erection that refused to "de erect" after his death after suffering for 4 years and getting fat and had to be carried around like "poop".

Empiree thanks for bringing this verse to my notice I will be quoting it in context for my critic of Mohammed as further evidence that he is a false prophet.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Ifeann(f): 9:21am On Apr 24, 2015
Sanchez01:

Hi buddy, I want to point out to you that I don't say false things about Islam. My posts are not attacks but only facts. Have u read the quran or hadiths. . I only discuss it as I see the information in the quran and authentic sahih hadiths. most nairaland Muslims get offended because they have a Disney land version of Mohammed in their minds thanks to years of brainwashing and living in the denial.

As u critic me for my efforts at discussing Islam I want you to know that today as standard Islamic practise, Muslims will most likely murder a Christian, Jew or some other non-Muslim today and will quoting quran verses and screaming allahuhackbar. Hacking innocent people to death.

I am not perfect and sometimes the discussion may get heated by I refrain from insults..u won't see my insult them back..and if I ever in my fallible human nature did, then I am sorry for that.

However, U said Christ won't confront other religions on their falsehood, I beg to differ. Infact I will provide quotes of what Christ had to say about the pharisees (false teachers) who later called for his death.

In fact the criticism is compiled as a list called "the Woes of the Phariseesis" see wikipedia; a list of criticisms by Jesus against scribes and Pharisees in the Gospel of Luke 11:37-54and Gospel of Matthew 23:1-39. [ 1 ] Mark 12:35-40and Luke 20:45-47include warnings about scribes.
Seven are listed in Matthew, and hence Matthew's version is known asthe seven woes, while only six are given in Luke, whose version is thus known asthe six woes.

1.They taught about God but did not love God — they did not enter the kingdom of heaventhemselves, nor did they let others enter. ( Matt 23:13-14)
2.They preached God but converted people to dead religion, thus making those convertstwice as much sons of hell as they themselves were. ( Matt 23:15)
3.They taught that an oath sworn by the temple or altar was not binding, but that if sworn by the gold ornamentation of the temple, or by a sacrificial gift on the altar, itwasbinding. The gold and gifts, however, were not sacred in themselves as the temple and altar were, but derived a measure of lesser sacredness by being connected to the temple or altar. The teachers and Pharisees worshiped at the temple and offered sacrifices at the altar because they knew that the temple and altar were sacred. How then could they deny oath-binding value to what was truly sacred and accord it to objects of trivial and derived sacredness? ( Matt 23:16-22)
4.They taught the law but did not practice some of the most important parts of the law — justice, mercy, faithfulness to God. They obeyed the minutiae of the law such as tithing spices but not the weightier matters of the law. ( Matt 23:23-24)
5.They presented an appearance of being 'clean' (self-restrained, not involved in carnal matters), yet they were dirty inside: they seethed with hidden worldly desires, carnality. They were full ofgreed and self-indulgence. ( Matt 23:25-26)
6.They exhibited themselves as righteous on account of being scrupulous keepers of the law, but were in fact not righteous: their mask of righteousness hid a secret inner world of ungodly thoughts and feelings. They were full of wickedness. They werelike whitewashed tombs, beautiful on the outside, but full of dead men's bones. ( Matt 23:27-28)
7.They professed a high regard for the dead prophets of old, and claimed that they would never have persecuted and murdered prophets, when in fact they were cut from the same cloth as the persecutors and murderers: they too had murderous blood in their veins. ( Matt 23:29-36).

So are the above verses an attack on falsehood or just ignoring it.
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Ifeann(f): 9:30am On Apr 24, 2015
Empiree:
This is the definition of our teachers, imams, shieks, scholars

Definition Of ISLAM

[size=30pt]I S L A M:[/size]
[size=30pt]
I Shall Love All Mankind
[/size]

yet devout Muslims go around beheading innocent people. Terrible way to show love.
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Sanchez01: 10:21am On Apr 24, 2015
Ifeann:

Hi buddy, I want to point out to you that I don't say false things about Islam. My posts are not attacks but only facts. Have u read the quran or hadiths. . I only discuss it as I see the information in the quran and authentic sahih hadiths. most nairaland Muslims get offended because they have a Disney land version of Mohammed in their minds thanks to years of brainwashing and living in the denial.
I don't go beyond the Bible and I'm not interested in what the Hadith says about the Islamic deity. The same should be said about every Christian because we do not strive to prove that Christ is "better". Again, provoking people of their faith is uncalled for. I see no reason why we should taunt another religion simply because they're not within our fold. That Islam or Christianity is the ONE remains with God, not us.

I am not perfect and sometimes the discussion may get heated by I refrain from insults..u won't see my insult them back..and if I ever in my fallible human nature did, then I am sorry for that.
There's thin line between religion and fanatism and religious "arguments" most end up with insults and hates. Reason for this is simple, those involved often tend to exhibit religion superiority over the other.

However, U said Christ won't confront other religions on their falsehood, I beg to differ. Infact I will provide quotes of what Christ had to say about the pharisees (false teachers) who later called for his death.
No, I did not say Christ "won't" confront other religions. I said HE NEVER DID. You need to understand who the Pharisees are. They shared the same line of thought cum belief with Christ. The problem was that they perverted their teachings and ways and preferred hypocrisy to the real deal. THE PHARISEES WERE NOT FROM "OTHER" RELIGION. They knew God but sought to pervert their teachings. This made them earn the name "false teachers". And this best explained why they were easily angered by the teachings of Christ who revealed the truth they had neglected and later sought to destroy him.

1.They taught about God but did not love God — they did not enter the kingdom of heaventhemselves, nor did they let others enter. ( Matt 23:13-14)
The Pharisees were being referred to here, not Muslims.

2.They preached God but converted people to dead religion, thus making those convertstwice as much sons of hell as they themselves were. ( Matt 23:15)

There's an eternal debate about Allah not being or being God. I don't want to dwell on this but Christ was obviously not referring to Muslims but the Pharisees and the Sadducees.

3.They taught that an oath sworn by the temple or altar was not binding, but that if sworn by the gold ornamentation of the temple, or by a sacrificial gift on the altar, itwasbinding. The gold and gifts, however, were not sacred in themselves as the temple and altar were, but derived a measure of lesser sacredness by being connected to the temple or altar. The teachers and Pharisees worshiped at the temple and offered sacrifices at the altar because they knew that the temple and altar were sacred. How then could they deny oath-binding value to what was truly sacred and accord it to objects of trivial and derived sacredness? ( Matt 23:16-22)
4.They taught the law but did not practice some of the most important parts of the law — justice, mercy, faithfulness to God. They obeyed the minutiae of the law such as tithing spices but not the weightier matters of the law. ( Matt 23:23-24)
5.They presented an appearance of being 'clean' (self-restrained, not involved in carnal matters), yet they were dirty inside: they seethed with hidden worldly desires, carnality. They were full ofgreed and self-indulgence. ( Matt 23:25-26)
6.They exhibited themselves as righteous on account of being scrupulous keepers of the law, but were in fact not righteous: their mask of righteousness hid a secret inner world of ungodly thoughts and feelings. They were full of wickedness. They werelike whitewashed tombs, beautiful on the outside, but full of dead men's bones. ( Matt 23:27-28)
7.They professed a high regard for the dead prophets of old, and claimed that they would never have persecuted and murdered prophets, when in fact they were cut from the same cloth as the persecutors and murderers: they too had murderous blood in their veins. ( Matt 23:29-36).
The other Scriptural references you gave are still in reference to the Pharisees and not Muslims and it would be wrong to transfer these facts on Muslims because they do not teach in our churches, neither do they preach Christ, nor act as keepers of the Law (the Old Testament).

Finally, Islam came to life through the womb of Hagar and Ishmael being the founding father of Islam did not serve in the temple, neither did his followers. The Pharisees were supposed priests of God whose ways became perverted. They would have received instant judgements if they had put up their heresies and deceits in the Old Testament, just like the house of Eli, Gehazi and sons of the prophets who thought they were familiar with God and his dealings. Grace was what preserved the Pharisees and in a way, they made the mission of Christ a reality. Christ never attacked Pagans and non believers of the Word and we're expected to follow in His steps.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Rilwayne001: 11:01am On Apr 24, 2015
Even your christian brethren acknowledge that you are a false teacher undecided

Ifeann:

Dearie, your incessant attacks on Islam is way disturbing. [size=15pt] You're not doing the will of Christ [/size] in this regard because Christ would never launch attacks on other religions. He never did. If you think you're doing God's will by constantly disrespecting other religions, then you're doing Christ a great disservice. It's high time you stopped.
- Sanchez

Very disturbing. I wonder who taught them to be dis aggressive cause Christ was never aggressive . You can't win anybody over by insulting their beliefs, talk to people about Christ and leave their religion out of it. You can't force down your religion on people's neck,
- ammyluv

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Ifeann(f): 11:23am On Apr 24, 2015
Sanchez01:

I don't go beyond the Bible and I'm not interested in what the Hadith says about the Islamic deity. The same should be said about every Christian because we do not strive to prove that Christ is "better". Again, provoking people of their faith is uncalled for. I see no reason why we should taunt another religion simply because they're not within our fold. That Islam or Christianity is the ONE remains with God, not us.

There's thin line between religion and fanatism and religious "arguments" most end up with insults and hates. Reason for this is simple, those involved often tend to exhibit religion superiority over the other.

No, I did not say Christ "won't" confront other religions. I said HE NEVER DID. You need to understand who the Pharisees are. They shared the same line of thought cum belief with Christ. The problem was that they perverted their teachings and ways and preferred hypocrisy to the real deal. THE PHARISEES WERE NOT FROM "OTHER" RELIGION. They knew God but sought to pervert their teachings. This made them earn the name "false teachers". And this best explained why they were easily angered by the teachings of Christ who revealed the truth they had neglected and later sought to destroy him.

The Pharisees were being referred to here, not Muslims.

There's an eternal debate about Allah not being or being God. I don't want to dwell on this but Christ was obviously not referring to Muslims but the Pharisees and the Sadducees.

The other Scriptural references you gave are still in reference to the Pharisees and not Muslims and it would be wrong to transfer these facts on Muslims because they do not teach in our churches, neither do they preach Christ, nor act as keepers of the Law (the Old Testament).

Finally, Islam came to life through the womb of Hagar and Ishmael being the founding father of Islam did not serve in the temple, neither did his followers. The Pharisees were supposed priests of God whose ways became perverted. They would have received instant judgements if they had put up their heresies and deceits in the Old Testament, just like the house of Eli, Gehazi and sons of the prophets who thought they were familiar with God and his dealings. Grace was what preserved the Pharisees and in a way, they made the mission of Christ a reality. Christ never attacked Pagans and non believers of the Word and we're expected to follow in His steps.

U made some good points my friend, but I have some frank words for you. I found this statement by you particularly disturbing

You said and I quote
I don't go beyond the Bible and I'm not interested in what the Hadith says about the Islamic deity. The same should be said about every Christian because we do not strive to prove that Christ is "better".

I don't argue based on Christ being better (he is and I don't need to prove) check my 70 topics on Islam and u won't see such. I mostly point out the evil taught and practised by Mohammed and how his Islamic deity cannot be the one true God as well as compare and contrast Christian and Islamic teachings.

You also admit that u haven't read the quran and hadiths, u boldly state ur ignorance on what Islam is while they murder our Christian brothers and sisters in the name of their Islamic god.

The bible says my people perish because of lack of knowledge. Have u ever seen a religious debate between professional Christians and Muslims apologist? U should. Christian apologists quote both the bible and quran excellently.

Perhaps u should advise the Christian apologists not to go beyond the Bible and should not be interested in what the Hadith says about the Islamic deity.

You also made another appalling comment. I just smh in amazement.

You said,
That Islam or Christianity is the ONE remains with God, not us.

If u are a bible reading Christian who has some understanding of the quran, you will never have said that.

U kept pointing out that pharisees are not Muslims. U forget Islam didn't exist then. So I ask u, now that Islam exists to murder and persecute non-muslims esp. Christians and Jews as well as teach evil like this

Qur’an 8:12— Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): “I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.”

Qur’an 9:73—O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.”

Qur'an (9:29)-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 9:5. "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them."

do u think Christ will be quiet and do nothing if he were to come again this instant. I don't think so.
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Ifeann(f): 11:26am On Apr 24, 2015
Rilwayne001:
Even your christian brethren acknowledge that you are a false teacher undecided

- Sanchez

- ammyluv

When did discussing Islam suddenly become doing the will of God or being a false teacher. They are concerned about my approach. They never said I made a false statement or lied.

Now run along.
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by udatso: 11:28am On Apr 24, 2015
Nice one by sanchez01 and ammyluv2002... I hope she and her likes will listen to you

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by udatso: 11:33am On Apr 24, 2015
[quote author=Empiree post=33043849][/quote]
FATALITY
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 12:09pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ifeann:

yet devout Muslims go around beheading innocent people. Terrible way to show love.
Nervous!
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Sanchez01: 3:50pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ifeann:

U made some good points my friend, but I have some frank words for you. I found this statement by you particularly disturbing

You said and I quote

I don't argue based on Christ being better (he is and I don't need to prove) check my 70 topics on Islam and u won't see such. I mostly point out the evil taught and practised by Mohammed and how his Islamic deity cannot be the one true God as well as compare and contrast Christian and Islamic teachings.

You also admit that u haven't read the quran and hadiths, u boldly state ur ignorance on what Islam is while they murder our Christian brothers and sisters in the name of their Islamic god.

The bible says my people perish because of lack of knowledge. Have u ever seen a religious debate between professional Christians and Muslims apologist? U should. Christian apologists quote both the bible and quran excellently.

Perhaps u should advise the Christian apologists not to go beyond the Bible and should not be interested in what the Hadith says about the Islamic deity.

You also made another appalling comment. I just smh in amazement.

You said,

If u are a bible reading Christian who has some understanding of the quran, you will never have said that.

U kept pointing out that pharisees are not Muslims. U forget Islam didn't exist then. So I ask u, now that Islam exists to murder and persecute non-muslims esp. Christians and Jews as well as teach evil like this

Qur’an 8:12— Remember thy Lord inspired the angels (with the message): “I am with you: give firmness to the Believers: I will instil terror into the hearts of the Unbelievers: smite ye above their necks and smite all their finger-tips off them.”

Qur’an 9:73—O Prophet! strive hard against the unbelievers and the hypocrites and be unyielding to them; and their abode is hell, and evil is the destination.”

Qur'an (9:29)-"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

Sura 9:5. "When the sacred months are over slay the idolaters wherever you find them. Arrest them, besiege them, and lie in ambush everywhere for them."

do u think Christ will be quiet and do nothing if he were to come again this instant. I don't think so.

My Dear, I read the Bible to understand what seems a mystery to an average Christian. That's to say "I study to show myself approved". About my quote on Islam and Christianity and God being the judge, you should understand that it would be unfair to our Muslim brethrens when we claim ours is the only one recognized by God. Again, let God be the judge. While growing up, I have read several topical debates between Christian and Islamic scholars and what was my summation: both set out to outdo each other. Where's the tolerance Christ preached in Luke 6:29?

I'm ignorant about the teachings of Islams and I have chosen to be because it is not the great commission Christ mandated. Yes, Islamic extremists are killing Christians and other "Infidels" but have you ever thought what Christ would have done if He is here like He did with His disciples? Did Christ attack His captors when he was near cruxification? What was His response when one of His disciple cut off the ear of one of his captor?

"50. And one of them struck the slave of the high priest and cut off his right ear. 51. But Jesus answered and said, "Stop! No more of this." And He touched his ear and healed him. 52. Then Jesus said to the chief priests and officers of the temple and elders who had come against Him, "Have you come out with swords and clubs as you would against a robber?" - Luke 22:51.

He's telling you the same today; "No more of this!"

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:18pm On Apr 24, 2015
Sanchez01:

1. Their lifestyle which is often defined by flamboyance, gathering of wealth etc.
2. Teachings/Preachings, often built around prosperity, success and less of teachings on heaven and holiness.
3. Doctrine!
4. The place of Trinity in their church.
5. They're good at blasphemy and heresy.

What do you mean by point 4?
Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Ifeann(f): 5:26pm On Apr 24, 2015
Empiree:
Oh, i thought modern Christianity is the real deal, no? You now backing away from it?. But according to you, they are frontiers of modern technology and advancement, no?

grin grin grin
2 Nigerian Gay Pastors Charged Over Illegal Sex
http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2013/01/03/2-nigerian-gay-pastors-charged-over-illegal-sex/

"Nollywood" full of Christians and sexual illicit

List of Nigerian Pastors who Rape Church members Released
http://www.9jabook.com/forum/topics/list-of-nigerian-pastors-who-rape-church-members-released

TB Joshua grin shocked
"I see Malaysia aircraft air-jacked, It's underneath Indian ocean" BS

Do u know that we Christians are told to expect and prepare for false prophets who will come up after Christ.. These false prophets are everywhere, some are dead (Mohammed, Joseph smith and several evil popes etc), that is why I am glad when u Muslims correctly post topics exposing false prophets in Christianity.

Tho u guys often do this in an effort to disparage Christianity but on one hand u help expose frauds in the church. Like it is written in malachi 2:1-4(which u pointed out earlier) the frauds will be exposed and disgraced.

Islam is a fraud so their isn't any need to point out individual child molesting imams, or jihadist Islamic scholars or adulterous shieks or honor killing imams or voodoo alfas..etc.

1 Like

Re: How Can We Recognise False Teachers? by Empiree: 6:01pm On Apr 24, 2015
Ifeann:

Do u know that we Christians are told to expect and prepare for false prophets who will come up after Christ.. These false prophets are everywhere, some are dead (Mohammed, Joseph smith and several evil popes etc), that is why I am glad when u Muslims correctly post topics exposing false prophets in Christianity.

Tho u guys often do this in an effort to disparage Christianity but on one hand u help expose frauds in the church. Like it is written in malachi 2:1-4(which u pointed out earlier) the frauds will be exposed and disgraced.
Evangelism tactics.

You have been saying this endlessly to find unfounded excuses. These allegations up there are embedded in 90% christians. So who are the real christians if 90% are bogus?

Muslims dont go about prophesizing this and that. You christians do. Media glorify them and credit them including many christians.

Muslims dont go about cursing their enemies. It's christians that do that. Dont tell me you dont know that. You hear them on radio, Tv screaming in churches "God punish the devil", burn my enemies, "Oh devill! I will kick you, I will punch, I will spit on you" "May God curse those that wage war on me"...the list goes on. Yet christians call this prayer. These are in direct violations of your very own Commandment which says [size=13pt]"Thou shall love your enemies"[/size] Matthew 5:44

And you want to talk about voodoo, your pastors are good at the. They visit herbalists who give them charm to manipulate church goers. Whatever pastors say, so shall it be.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mfm Prayer Points: 7 Furious Prayers For March 2018 / How Often Do You Forgive And Forget? / Concerning Tithe, Who Substituted Crops And Livestock For Money ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.